LM Soccer Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3641 Nov 27, 2013
Live by the rules when it suites your purpose

That coach was obviously a threat to you and your little fiefdom next season. Your girls who would have played for LMHS would have jumped ship.

It would have been the smart thing to do for those who saw playing for their HS Varsity as the top of the mountain.
I know you talk about development but how many ODP or Pro+ players are playing for LMSA ?
(And I'm not talking about the camps that take anyone who's willing to pay, I'm talking about the invite only)
Those are the ones who really have a soccer future beyond HS.

LMSA has been changing the rules as it goes along from its beginning, and good for them. The LM kids are now better served

Too bad your fear of losing your babies kept you from seeing the forest from the trees
LM Soccer Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3642 Nov 27, 2013
Confucius wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Bandwagon"
Price, Product, Result,......BOD buy the snowcones.
If that were true then the BOD's would have also fired the GU10, GU12 and GU13 coaches
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3643 Nov 27, 2013
Ok since I and the BOD are being attacked for trying to follow the rules which if we didn't you 10 people would be screaming at us for that.

Let's flip the coin, the coach can still coach no issues with him as a coach. But the rules as they are stated now must be followed so it becomes a choice.
We have seen where we might need to make adjustments I'll make a few recommendations that benefit LMSA latter but as of now it is what it is.
Remember we are here for the kids of La Mirada and our rules are for those kids.

Are we part of the solution or part of the problem!

********** EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING WE HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR **********
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3644 Nov 27, 2013
LM Soccer Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true then the BOD's would have also fired the GU10, GU12 and GU13 coaches
GU10 HAD A VERY GOOD YEAR please understand they are our first Silver team
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3645 Nov 27, 2013
LM Soccer Dad wrote:
Live by the rules when it suites your purpose
That coach was obviously a threat to you and your little fiefdom next season. Your girls who would have played for LMHS would have jumped ship.
It would have been the smart thing to do for those who saw playing for their HS Varsity as the top of the mountain.
I know you talk about development but how many ODP or Pro+ players are playing for LMSA ?
(And I'm not talking about the camps that take anyone who's willing to pay, I'm talking about the invite only)
Those are the ones who really have a soccer future beyond HS.
LMSA has been changing the rules as it goes along from its beginning, and good for them. The LM kids are now better served
Too bad your fear of losing your babies kept you from seeing the forest from the trees
So you think our priority should support the high school, nobody says that they can't coach here there making the choice not to

I'll ask you this if the few girls that go to LMHS left to play for the HS - I'll thank you for that indirect compliment, you saying that "my" girls are worthy of making that team over all others in LA Mirada that is really a big COMPLIMENT FOR ME AND MOST ESPECIALLY THEM

What happens to the majority of the team, they disband and don't get to play in LMSA or have to leave LMSA to play club THIS IS AN ARGUMENT THAT YOU JUST CAN'T WIN

You are saying that the LMHS is more important then the ALL kids of La Mirada REALLY

HOW DOES THAT BENEFIT LMSA AND ALL THE KIDS OF LA MIRADA YOU ARE SELFISH WHEN YOU BELITTLE ME FOR THINKING ABOUT ALL THE KIDS IN LA MIRADA BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT YOUR AGENDA

What would happen to our program if the HS always took only the kids that go to LMHS we wouldn't have a club program here teams would leave, kids would go to other programs that are more stable and going to disband at 14

You have to look at the complete program and ask how does this effect our program

You really need to understand the BIGGER picture before making these accusations

YOU HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING
Club

Los Angeles, CA

#3646 Nov 27, 2013
Mr. D. what is the Big picture?. Allow ideas, its simple "Path". The Path began in Rec. then a select few that really learned advances to All Stars, again the Team had a new Path,but only the players that followed the Path to Sig. Then the Big Path Begins with Club and again players that follow the Path continue. By this time seasons have gone by and the players have begun to have their own voice as they continue to mature on their Path to High School. The Path must include HighSchool as a gauge to see how the Club se.LMSA is doing. The more players from local Club make the HighSchool Team the Better the Big Picture. This is the normal Path. We can talk about Elite players down the road. So lets Gauge... LMSA, Strikers,Xplosion: LMSA has the least amount make Varsity. Any questions on the Path...
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3647 Nov 27, 2013
Ok the path. I don't have any idea how if you are comparing LMSA after our first year to those other established programs- BTW we do have 2 playing Varsity from my team. We are a freshman team for the most part so those girls jump over kids from more established programs to make the JV team sounds pretty good for a first year program. If you think that is important

What about the kids in La Mirada that play in other high schools do they not count. The path measurement of success based on Varsity ok but that doesn't mean only LMHS what about all the other high schools varsity programs do those players not count because they don't go to LMHS

When La Serna plays LM Dec 3, the JV teams, there will be 8 girls from "my" team playing for both teams, so very proud, doesn't that reflect very well on our program all but 2 are freshman. So don't you think that, that is a great start for our program? Love to hear your though's about that PLEASE

Again the issue is we do what is best for ALL the kids in LM not what will only benefit the local HS.

All of "my" girls are playing JV or varsity for their HS I think that reflects very well on our program, "my" girls were never ever though of as being quality players when I talked to school staff or they never even knew who they were so the reflection on our program has changed to the better. But if we only looked/worked at kids that go to LMHS there wouldn't have been a team for those girls and those girls never would have been given the opportunity to at least achieve what they have so far. With a lot more to achieve IF THEY HAVE A TEAM TO PLAY ON

Believe me I really do understand the jacket issue I had 2 kids play varsity at LMHS

If any of you really want to debate, which I welcome, please understand that the arugment must be what is good for the kids of La Mirada all of them

PS I REF "my" just as a ref to the LMSA GU15 team because so many of you don't know about the Pride what it means or who they are

YOU ALSO HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING
Club wrote:
Mr. D. what is the Big picture?. Allow ideas, its simple "Path". The Path began in Rec. then a select few that really learned advances to All Stars, again the Team had a new Path,but only the players that followed the Path to Sig. Then the Big Path Begins with Club and again players that follow the Path continue. By this time seasons have gone by and the players have begun to have their own voice as they continue to mature on their Path to High School. The Path must include HighSchool as a gauge to see how the Club se.LMSA is doing. The more players from local Club make the HighSchool Team the Better the Big Picture. This is the normal Path. We can talk about Elite players down the road. So lets Gauge... LMSA, Strikers,Xplosion: LMSA has the least amount make Varsity. Any questions on the Path...
Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#3648 Nov 27, 2013
LM Soccer Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bandwagon of the boy U13 Bronze champions.
The onl y ascending team not having parents pay for outside training kids are developing and has the numbers to put a B team together.
forgot to mention kids are undefeated in league and league cup this is the way it was meant to be....
In a society where everyone want to get paid theres still hope!
LMSA Rules

Whittier, CA

#3649 Nov 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he will have his A team and a B team in a diferent city. xplosion B team is finishing after this season. Coach is stepping down.
Why would he do that the himself. He is a little brighter than that. Behringer vs the sand lot for a home field. His kid plays for him now.
LMSA Rules

Whittier, CA

#3650 Nov 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bandwagon of the boy U13 Bronze champions.
The onl y ascending team not having parents pay for outside training kids are developing and has the numbers to put a B team together.
forgot to mention kids are undefeated in league and league cup this is the way it was meant to be....
In a society where everyone want to get paid theres still hope!
The coach says the league is tapped out with good players so there is NOT enough LM players for a B team. You have bad info.
LMSA Rules

Whittier, CA

#3651 Nov 27, 2013
The coach can coach again next season and still wont have an effect on Davis. Davis is u16 so he will still only be able to pull up 2 of his age players like last season. Nothing different so no effect on him. Have one of the parents take the team and coach at the games and then collect money to pay the trainer. The team should be smart enough to figure it out. Remember there never was or would have been a u19 team if the coach didn't do what he did. there is time now for them to put a unpaid coach in place that will be at all games.
U13 Coach

Whittier, CA

#3652 Nov 27, 2013
LMSA Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
The coach says the league is tapped out with good players so there is NOT enough LM players for a B team. You have bad info.
Yes the better talent is already with me or Gone pre Club era. Its to late to develope kids now at U14 years of age. Turning kids away is hard because of where they live, specially if theyre willing to drive from far away. Of course im all for the development of the Kids! Not just my own. So I give them a few free training sessions and relocate them on other teams. Residency rule sucks but i understand it. although i can produce the numbers for a second team i dont have the time. I'm all for those that want to get better in the game.
LMSA dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3653 Nov 28, 2013
Seemed like a real heated meating Wednesday night for the girls u.13 Team.
wondering if its the end or the begining of a new direction.?
A possible cleansing of coaches....
Soccer dad 99

La Mirada, CA

#3654 Nov 28, 2013
Long overdue. League moved to remove head coach.
Club Parent

Whittier, CA

#3655 Nov 28, 2013
This is the time for change if you are going to do it. Before the spring season you can start building for next fall. Time for new tryouts. Competition will be good for this team after the head coach stepped down a year ago and this experiment had its downside. Good for those who stay and for those who would not play for the last coach. Spring gives you time to rebuild and work towards a better season next year. Good Luck and embrace the opportunities. This is good for the league and the team.
LMSA dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3656 Nov 28, 2013
Soccer dad 99 wrote:
Long overdue. League moved to remove head coach.
I believe the Rec teams had the same issues with this coach. He also Ref's is he allowed to Ref games?
Expert

Los Angeles, CA

#3657 Nov 29, 2013
The 3 situations outline in several of the previous posts demonstrate why it will be very hard for LMSA to move in the right direction to be a successful Club
1. Self serving bd members will do whatever they can to not have competition for kids within the club

2. Daddy coaches care only about their own child and don't have or make time to aid the club in developing other teams/players/coaches.

3. Most Daddy coaches may bet the paper but really lack the skill / knowledge or real time ability to coach at the club level. A little success in Rec doesn't make a club coach

LMSA BOD should stop trying to defend a system that will not work and spend their time trying to develop one that will
Expert

Los Angeles, CA

#3658 Nov 29, 2013
Sorry, number 3 should have said:
Most Daddy coaches may have the paper,(E or even D license ...
Expert

Los Angeles, CA

#3659 Nov 29, 2013
And I think the BOD's just removed the G13 coach from the team, I'm sure he can still ref

But the question is would he want to ?
Would u in this situation.?
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3660 Nov 29, 2013
Expert wrote:
The 3 situations outline in several of the previous posts demonstrate why it will be very hard for LMSA to move in the right direction to be a successful Club
1. Self serving bd members will do whatever they can to not have competition for kids within the club
2. Daddy coaches care only about their own child and don't have or make time to aid the club in developing other teams/players/coaches.
3. Most Daddy coaches may bet the paper but really lack the skill / knowledge or real time ability to coach at the club level. A little success in Rec doesn't make a club coach
LMSA BOD should stop trying to defend a system that will not work and spend their time trying to of develop one that will
Really expert of

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Anaheim Ducks 7 hr ANAHEIM DUCKS 1
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 12 hr LOL 176
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Large Phartzz 33,109
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr '17 NKOTBLOCC 4,544
News Rowland Heights man working as tutor for Santa ... Apr '17 Georgia Levin 2
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan '17 SoCalNative 19
News 5.1-Magnitude Quake Strikes La Habra An Hour Af... (Mar '14) Dec '16 TalCeck Thize Mul... 3

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages