LM Dad too

La Mirada, CA

#3621 Nov 26, 2013
Why am I not surprised that Davis found a way to get rid of his competition.
Now that his girls are going into U16 the LMHS coach would have been a better draw with his U19 team for the girls who planned or hoped to play for LMHS.
And Davis would have ended up with a bunch of La Serna, Cal, St Paul and Whit Christian girls.
(Although all the good LaSerna girls play for Xplosion)

Just saying it is quite a coincidence. I mean the U19 team did decent for a first year together team
And not a whole lot of talent. Still only lost 3 games in a very tough U19 division

While Davis' U15 girls who have been together, what 5 years, only finished 4th in their Bronze bracket and had 4 losses.

The BOD's should not always take the short view on this one.
Coach lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3622 Nov 26, 2013
BARACK HUSSEIN wrote:
WHO ARE THE LA MIRADA RENEGADES? playing in AC Brea Thanksgiving Tournament, BU14 Club Bracket.
Is this Leon's team?
Nope.
Renegades are Signature Morenos team.
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#3623 Nov 26, 2013
Renegades was struggling for players when going u 14.
their roster maybe is at 12 or so.
the team to beat is AC BREA B2000 Marius's going premiere team playing up. Same team that won the last Brea tourny. They won the final over Gomez and Implosion.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3624 Nov 26, 2013
Really you have really no idea about my team or the girls that play at La Serna, LMSA isn't here for the high school WE ARE HERE FOR THE KIDS IN LA MIRADA REGARDLESS of what high school they go to GET IT. With players number being lower at the older ages we can't have competing teams for players everyone loses then been there done that. As far as tough bracket our little bronze bracket had two teams make it to the round of 16 in league cup and one of our little bronze teams made it to the sweet 8 so I guess that make us a pretty weak bracket right LOL. We also made it past the first round of league cup.
PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMPARE OR DIS US AT LEAST DO SOME RESEARCH AND DON'T LOOK SO
The girls that played for the GU15 Pride team made JV or varsity other local club teams can't say that THE LA SERNA JV CAPTAIN ALSO PLAYED FOR us, it just goes to show that you don't know what you are talking about
Making the HS team now isn't anything special because EVERYONE MADE IT so what's special about that
I just wish that they the girls understood that if wanted to do something in soccer that high school isn't the direction to go maybe he could do a better job then me maybe not but I'm here for all the kids and don't have a vested or financial interest just a passion, I'm not saying anything about him as a coach just that LMSA is here for the kids of La Mirada all of them
You are saying that "my" girls would be a compliment to his team THANKS I WORK HARD FOR THAT COMPLIMENT

Got to go playing golf
LM Dad too wrote:
Why am I not surprised that Davis found a way to get rid of his competition.
Now that his girls are going into U16 the LMHS coach would have been a better draw with his U19 team for the girls who planned or hoped to play for LMHS.
And Davis would have ended up with a bunch of La Serna, Cal, St Paul and Whit Christian girls.
(Although all the good LaSerna girls play for Xplosion)
Just saying it is quite a coincidence. I mean the U19 team did decent for a first year together team
And not a whole lot of talent. Still only lost 3 games in a very tough U19 division
While Davis' U15 girls who have been together, what 5 years, only finished 4th in their Bronze bracket and had 4 losses.
The BOD's should not always take the short view on this one.
LMSA grapvine

Los Angeles, CA

#3625 Nov 26, 2013
Dwindling Down I heard leon had a 25 player practice....2 team scrimmage i was told.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3626 Nov 26, 2013
luck guy
LM Dad too

Los Angeles, CA

#3627 Nov 26, 2013
Wow, it's true then LMSA is not picking up the HS coach for 2014 ?

Sounds like the Board Member, Davis, did what serves him, not the kids.

His way or the highway, right.

I'm sure Davis is a good coach but LM kids/families should have options.
The HS coach provided a real opportunity to some kids that a LMSA coach did not.

For most LM kids high school is the top.

Wake up BODs LMHS is LM, stop listening to someone who cares about things that serve his vision.

Some of us silent majority were looking forward to having an opportunity to getting training from a coach who has won a CIF championship plus numerous Suburban League championships.

You guys didn't even give him a chance.
LMSA OBSERVER

Buena Park, CA

#3628 Nov 26, 2013
LM Dad too wrote:
The HS coach provided a real opportunity to some kids that a LMSA coach did not.
Wake up BODs LMHS is LM, stop listening to someone who cares about things that serve his vision.
Some of us silent majority were looking forward to having an opportunity to getting training from a coach who has won a CIF championship plus numerous Suburban League championships.
I don't think Davis had anything to do on this one. Let's face it this coach was and is a joke!!! The guy lied to the BOD of not getting payed if was awarded the team and then it turns out that he was charging the parents for coaching this team!!!! The dude was in it for his personal interest and not for the kids of LM.
LMSA Observer

Buena Park, CA

#3629 Nov 26, 2013
LM Dad too wrote:
I don't think Davis had anything to do with this. This coach was and is a joke. He lied to the BOD that ihe wasn't going to charge the parents for coaching this team. Well it turns out that he did charge the parents for coaching the team. Last time I checked no coach for LMSA gets payed or coaching. So let's face it. This guy wasn't doing this for the kids in LM. He did it for his personal interest.....
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#3630 Nov 26, 2013
It's all about egos in youth sports

Paid, not get paid. There are ways around every rule.

If LMSA really wanted it they would have found a way to make it work with the HS cosch

We now have Club in LM, a few years ago people said that would never happen.
Confucius

Los Angeles, CA

#3631 Nov 26, 2013
Greatness follows Greatness.
U19 Coach should have all the local talent at his doorsteps.....begging to play.
Average season negative goal diferential.
thats about correct for a Volunteer.
No offense but the crash is caused by the bus driver.
The paid part would just disrupt the the status of a non profit view for the city.
no objection if he coaches for free.
Confucius

Los Angeles, CA

#3632 Nov 26, 2013
LMSA grapvine wrote:
Dwindling Down I heard leon had a 25 player practice....2 team scrimmage i was told.
The "Bandwagon"
Price, Product, Result,......BOD buy the snowcones.
LMSA Rules

Whittier, CA

#3633 Nov 26, 2013
Confucius wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Bandwagon"
Price, Product, Result,......BOD buy the snowcones.
where do they live. He cant take them all. Those trying to jump on the bandwagon are a little late.
LMSA Rules

Whittier, CA

#3634 Nov 26, 2013
Is it true they are going to require ID's next season. DWP bills, Pico student ID cards, AT&T home phone numbers....
Residency Patrol

Los Angeles, CA

#3635 Nov 26, 2013
LMSA Rules wrote:
Is it true they are going to require ID's next season. DWP bills, Pico student ID cards, AT&T home phone numbers....
No,
DNA test and fingerprinting and tax returns and INS papers and Background check.....
Club

Whittier, CA

#3636 Nov 26, 2013
LMSA Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Davis had anything to do with this. This coach was and is a joke. He lied to the BOD that ihe wasn't going to charge the parents for coaching this team. Well it turns out that he did charge the parents for coaching the team. Last time I checked no coach for LMSA gets payed or coaching. So let's face it. This guy wasn't doing this for the kids in LM. He did it for his personal interest.....
the only lie is your post because you don't know what really happened
LM Mom

Valley Village, CA

#3637 Nov 26, 2013
Confucius wrote:
Greatness follows Greatness.
U19 Coach should have all the local talent at his doorsteps.....begging to play.
Average season negative goal diferential.
thats about correct for a Volunteer.
No offense but the crash is caused by the bus driver.
The paid part would just disrupt the the status of a non profit view for the city.
no objection if he coaches for free.
The non profit is 501c(3) but so is Cal south they are a 501c (3) and those people make a lot of money in those jobs. In fact if you do research non profits have many high paying jobs. And if LMSA was truly nonprofit they wouldn't pay referees snackbar workers and others. The problem is the GU19 coach was making a little bit of meal money from the parents so the BOD kicked him out. That tells me enough of the mentality of this board.

My daughter just suffered through a terrible season with a coach who probably should be coaching rec soccer only. Don't get me wrong he is a nice guy to the girls and parents but he's a volunteer coach and it doesn't work. We are unfortunately looking at other local clubs and I know other players are too, it's unfortunate coaches like the U 19 are not welcomed nor are coaches who want to get paid like everyone else.
Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#3638 Nov 27, 2013
LMSA Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
where do they live. He cant take them all. Those trying to jump on the bandwagon are a little late.
Maybe he will have his A team and a B team in a diferent city. xplosion B team is finishing after this season. Coach is stepping down.
Davis

Cypress, CA

#3639 Nov 27, 2013
Club wrote:
<quoted text>
the only lie is your post because you don't know what really happened
Ok tell me what happened
Davis

Cypress, CA

#3640 Nov 27, 2013
Ok we are going to attack the bod how many of you come to the bod meeting and suggest changes to the bylaws
The rules are the rules want them changed come to the meetings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Not who you think 34,816
Pacheco out scamming monies for weed growers Sat We Know 2
Raquel Monica Garcia running for Senate just filed Sat What a Joke 1
Have boys or girls been Molested or Harrassed ... Sat Please come forward 1
Look at City Agenda for Police Chief !!!!!! Nov 16 Monja muneca 2
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Nov 4 Raydot 4,556
News Shooting no shock at school (Apr '06) Jul '17 AnonymousOldFriend 137

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages