corn man

Whittier, CA

#3601 Nov 23, 2013
Dude are you still in High School. Having a letter means nothing if you aren't playing. As an adult it means less and less as you get older. Winning a Championship is remember at whatever age you accomplished this goal. A letter is as prestigious as a participation pin or medal. Thank you for playing but you came up short. Individual awards can soften the reality of the situation. Kids remember your championships it isn't something that everyone accomplishes. Where ever they are from.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3602 Nov 23, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
If course the HS Varsity Letter is important to most athletic kids. That's simply because it is important.
To 99% of the athletic kids it is the only thing that lasts into adulthood. And since % wise most kids don't play college ball it is their last great harrah
When kids become adults nobody cares if they won an LMSA , AYSO Tri-Section, State Cup, Nstional Cup, Brea or Anaheim championship.
It's kid stuff.
Now a Varsity letter shows something
That is the real world to most of our kids.
I asked my daughter what meant more to her- Varsity as a freshman or her winning State cup she said state cup meant more to her
So if you haven't then you wouldn't know
As a parent I was totally jazzed about my daughter making freshman I get it but she didn't forget how she got there
LMSA Future

La Puente, CA

#3603 Nov 23, 2013
It feels as if yesterday we posted of the doubts of the Club Program. With the believers having had predicted 2 or 3 teams would be off and running. Great accomplishments. One Champion and two finalists. We realize the success is measured by the win loss columns.
LMSA seems to flutter out at about u 12 or so. nutmbers dwindle. You want the league to grow then visit the elemantary schools with info flyers information of sign ups. Offer free soccer for first five to sign up from each school. Or a free ball to all first time player under 6....spend a little $. The return would be fruitfull with local players. We cant bring the nes that left. But we can sure plan for tomorrow. This is the way around the residency Rule.
If Not here is where all LMSA teams top out Silver and no more.
LM Dad

La Mirada, CA

#3604 Nov 24, 2013
All my little trophies and Medals and ribbons I won as a youth are either in my parents garage, my garage or thrown away.
Those childhood things are not in my mind anymore.
But my 4 year Varsity Letterman's jacket is still in my closet.
I don't reminisce about it because it is not the highlight of my life but it brings back good memories of fun gone by.
For the high school athlete who don't go on to play college or pro, I think someone quoted 98%, which sounds about right, high school sport accomplishments are never forgotten cherished memories
Preparing our kids for a successful high school career should be our goal. LMSA will never have a Gold team, but it will have several Silver and even a SE or two. So who give them false hopes.
Prepare them to be as good as they can be in the arena that the will play in
That's why I like the fact that the HS coach is working with our U19 girls. He is preparing them to be successful in an arena that they have a shot at doing well
LMSA Gold

Huntington Park, CA

#3605 Nov 24, 2013
Gold Level at LMSA is attainable but not without a second developmental team. Or eliminating Residency rule. Anyone ever heard of the law that says you can not discriminate because of race, gender, age, or place of residency ?
LMSA Refuses to creat that second team. Look at some other programs with gold teams or SCDSL tier l. TEAMS.
AC Brea, Rangers, Strikers etc....After tryouts players that get dropped wont play Rec theyll be leaving to other clubs. The gap team is needed for those 4 silver teams.
Coach lmsa

Huntington Park, CA

#3606 Nov 25, 2013
LM Dad wrote:
All my little trophies and Medals and ribbons I won as a youth are either in my parents garage, my garage or thrown away.
Those childhood things are not in my mind anymore.
But my 4 year Varsity Letterman's jacket is still in my closet.
I don't reminisce about it because it is not the highlight of my life but it brings back good memories of fun gone by.
For the high school athlete who don't go on to play college or pro, I think someone quoted 98%, which sounds about right, high school sport accomplishments are never forgotten cherished memories
Preparing our kids for a successful high school career should be our goal. LMSA will never have a Gold team, but it will have several Silver and even a SE or two. So who give them false hopes.
Prepare them to be as good as they can be in the arena that the will play in
That's why I like the fact that the HS coach is working with our U19 girls. He is preparing them to be successful in an arena that they have a shot at doing well
For A price, doing well?
Donate your TIME like the rest of the coaches.......
what happened to the by Laws on this one..........
Davis

Cypress, CA

#3607 Nov 25, 2013
LMSA Gold wrote:
Gold Level at LMSA is attainable but not without a second developmental team. Or eliminating Residency rule. Anyone ever heard of the law that says you can not discriminate because of race, gender, age, or place of residency ?
LMSA Refuses to creat that second team. Look at some other programs with gold teams or SCDSL tier l. TEAMS.
AC Brea, Rangers, Strikers etc....After tryouts players that get dropped wont play Rec theyll be leaving to other clubs. The gap team is needed for those 4 silver teams.
Really after our first VERY successful season you are going to jump on the bod and blame us of high treason LOL
As we grow we will adjust we learn, let me recall past comments - Sig won't work we are going to have little success with daddy coaches won't work what else do you want to throw at us?? I think for our first year we did pretty good in CSL! We are looking a ideas to help our coaches any new ideas? Exper make coaches not just heart and desire, there is little exper to take from the Rec program to club, the training is completely different -should be longer term with emphasizes on REAL player devolvement NOT WINNING that comes with proper training. Club training is much more demanding and coaches need a more exper at that level it's much more intense, is always evolving and coach's/trainers must never stop learning and honestly without some sort of understanding or exposure -mentoring- to good club level training then you are just not going to take and develop the talent here, don't confuse proper training with winning.
Most teams as of now have trouble getting good players to tryout so adding another team without proper coaching won't accomplish anything have you ever been in a program that has two team competing for the same kid? I have and it isn't good for anybody. As the number grows we will adjust but as of now we struggle, we do have a lot of kids in some of our younger ages BUT we don't have the coaches as of now. We do have some that are willing to step up but they aren't ready yet, so the future looks bright. to get back to the point we need more qualified exper coaches when that happens then we can look at growing the program but adding more teams without proper guidance we defeat the whole purpose

WE ARE A REC PROGRAM FIRST WE THAT CAN NOT DO ANYTHING TO DAMAGE THAT CORE PROGRAM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT GOES AND THE CITY LIKES THAT
Davis

Cypress, CA

#3608 Nov 25, 2013
Coach lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
For A price, doing well?
Donate your TIME like the rest of the coaches.......
what happened to the by Laws on this one..........
it didn't work out ae we were lead to believe it would so we made changes yesterday, that is all i'm going to say about it for now so please don't ask
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3609 Nov 25, 2013
LMSA Gold wrote:
Whether we attain Gold level or not, players dropped from a silver or silver elite team will also go elsewhere because LMSA refuses to have a 2nd team.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3610 Nov 25, 2013
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether we attain Gold level or not, players dropped from a silver or silver elite team will also go elsewhere because LMSA refuses to have a 2nd team.
From my exper even if we have 2 teams and a player that gets dropped they will leave

It's still about having talented coaches
LM Dad

Highland, CA

#3611 Nov 25, 2013
I think removing the U 19 is a bad idea. Why not remove the no pay for coaches? Removing a coach doesn't solve our big problem. We need coaches to seek higher education and be compensated just like the referees. I'm not saying pay the bills but $40 $50 isn't much. We pay thousands of dollars a week for refs. Food for thought time to change our mentality at the club level from being a mom and pop club league to an actual club league.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3612 Nov 25, 2013
Not against us getting paid, I think that if parents had a vested interest like paying then we would have better turn outs, but in order to do that we need to change everything -dir of comp job description- criteria for coach selection, who appoint/approves them- what to do with current coaches- how much to get paid- which team -if we have 2- is priority, dad that doesn't charge or coach that does, being paid doesn't make us better coaches, so criteria would have to be established to warrant pay, it might get us off our behind and work together to become a better coaches

A IMHO about the LMHS program and lmsa, I have been told that we should/need to be there "feeder" program, We are for ALL the kids in la mirada not just the kids that go to LMHS. Example I have over 4 different HS on my roster, some going to St Paul Whittier Cristian ETC. those kids don't go to LMHS are just as important to us as those that do. That is why the realationship between the 2 of use just isn't going to work again IMHO do we support our program or their's.

We are still a rec program and would need to change our bylaws, that is going to be hard to do I don't think that would get enough votes and in no way can it interfere with our core rec program and I'm not sure if
LMSA OBSERVER

Buena Park, CA

#3613 Nov 25, 2013
I totally agree!!!
LMSA OBSERVER

Buena Park, CA

#3614 Nov 25, 2013
So when does LMSA appoints a new president for the next year?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3615 Nov 25, 2013
Next meeting
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3616 Nov 25, 2013
But don't expect any surprizes
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#3617 Nov 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
But don't expect any surprizes
Maybe if the BOD would post an agenda and minutes prior to/following their meetings the stakeholders would attend and provide input. This would provide an open forum on topics of interest that the BOD could have direct feedback rather make decisions on our behalf based on personal bias or assumptions. I don't mean to imply that the BOD doesn't have good intentions, what I mean is that the general public may be more inclined to
attend if they knew what was going on and what the results were. This would also provide an opportunity to solicit greater involvement from the general public when the need arises.

I wouldn't be surprise if only certain topics draw a crowd but you would become acutely aware of what is important to them and how to better serve the public. People who don't get involved have less reason to complain when you offer them an opportunity to they don't bother to attend. Either way anyone who is interested stays informed.
Davis

Cypress, CA

#3618 Nov 26, 2013
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if the BOD would post an agenda and minutes prior to/following their meetings the stakeholders would attend and provide input. This would provide an open forum on topics of interest that the BOD could have direct feedback rather make decisions on our behalf based on personal bias or assumptions. I don't mean to imply that the BOD doesn't have good intentions, what I mean is that the general public may be more inclined to
attend if they knew what was going on and what the results were. This would also provide an opportunity to solicit greater involvement from the general public when the need arises.
I wouldn't be surprise if only certain topics draw a crowd but you would become acutely aware of what is important to them and how to better serve the public. People who don't get involved have less reason to complain when you offer them an opportunity to they don't bother to attend. Either way anyone who is interested stays informed.
Any guess on many voted
Basically we just take care business nothing new the program could all most run itself
Davis

Cypress, CA

#3619 Nov 26, 2013
Any one know why the lmhs has so many kids per team there's around 70 kids for three team that jacket looks good but no play time
Some one said rosters are big to get money can't be true can it
BARACK HUSSEIN

Rosemead, CA

#3620 Nov 26, 2013
WHO ARE THE LA MIRADA RENEGADES? playing in AC Brea Thanksgiving Tournament, BU14 Club Bracket.

Is this Leon's team?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned power outages today in La Puente and In... (May '10) 8 hr Charles 10
Xanies bar, Blues, oc's molly Addyis weed 10 hr backintheday 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Trojan 32,718
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) Sat Joe escandon 1,802
News Man stabbed by gang members (Feb '09) Sat Rene Rio 182
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan 6 SoCalNative 19
News 5.1-Magnitude Quake Strikes La Habra An Hour Af... (Mar '14) Dec 27 TalCeck Thize Mul... 3

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages