Snowcone man

Corona, CA

#3579 Nov 20, 2013
Sorry,
after winning the powerballs 55 million a few weeks back have been real bussy......Negotiating the buy of Behrringer. America the country where dreams come true the land of oppertunity.
Muchas Gracias Senores,
Nacho Jimmenz Contreras
ps.
save me the bill at the snack bar, i will have Leon run by and pay it.
corn man

Whittier, CA

#3580 Nov 20, 2013
Davis wrote:
Coaches being paid is against our bylaws if you want that changed then you need to come to the bod meeting and fight for it. We still have bod members that want our non rec programs gone and others that think we made a mistake even after all the benefits the kids have gotten
It really is that simple We are a rec program that has a competitive leg
Ref being paid, without out that we would have to do it do you want that
Where is the the snow cone man
The goal to provide a reasonable cost club program is working. If you want to pay 2k for the fall season there are places you can go. Keep this program the way it is. It provided opportunity for all kids not just those that can afford it. Isn't that a good thing? Some parents want paid trainers and have not problem paying the money but look at the rest of the teams. Many selling candy, having a mini snack bar at Benton, selling Carls Jr. coupons, football pools and any other fundraiser that they can think of to cover the low cost program. Know your market and provide the best value that makes sense. the money isn't there and with residency requirements the players wouldn't be either if the fees were that high. The this level of play would go away.
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#3581 Nov 20, 2013
LMSA U19 wrote:
You want to get paid ?
Bring back a championship and then ask LMSA to cut the check.
U 19 girls coach was paid for mediocracy and a season with more goals against then they had in favor. 500 season, of underdevelopment. The talent is going BYE BYE.....U19
Just call yourself a trainer and have your named coach hangout.
Most of the better coaches dont want to get paid.
Niether paid or free coaching guarantee success. What I want to know is why the U19 coach is getting paid when LMSA has clearly stated they weren't going to pay any coaches. What ever the answer; this is clearly a double standard.
LMSA Grapevine

Pico Rivera, CA

#3582 Nov 20, 2013
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Niether paid or free coaching guarantee success. What I want to know is why the U19 coach is getting paid when LMSA has clearly stated they weren't going to pay any coaches. What ever the answer; this is clearly a double standard.
maybe it was the cost to use the Stadium field at the highschool and to pay the lights aswell , for U19 girls.
With his position he could have pulled some strings to access the highschool for some LMSA teams to practice
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3583 Nov 21, 2013
LMSA Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe it was the cost to use the Stadium field at the highschool and to pay the lights aswell , for U19 girls.
With his position he could have pulled some strings to access the highschool for some LMSA teams to practice
Paying for use of field and lights is not 'paying the coach',(unless there's an overage of funds being paid out).
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3584 Nov 21, 2013
Davis wrote:
Coaches being paid is against our bylaws if you want that changed then you need to come to the bod meeting and fight for it. We still have bod members that want our non rec programs gone and others that think we made a mistake even after all the benefits the kids have gotten
It really is that simple We are a rec program that has a competitive leg
Ref being paid, without out that we would have to do it do you want that
Where is the the snow cone man
Over the last 15 years I've seen many La Mirada kids and coaches go elsewhere to competitive teams. We've lost many players because we could not meet their needs. It's disheartening to know that even after all the success we've had, there are still detractors within the BOD.

LMSA is a vibrant recreational program, our recent success at the higher levels is testimony to this. We are churning out quality players and coaches. The competitive leg of LMSA poses no threat to it's existence; it provides a natural progression for our top performers and serves as an example for those with higher aspirations.

LMSA needs to continue to be that vibrant program in order for success at any level. Like a pyramid, the base is the foundation and is always larger than the top tier. The recreational side should be the foundation; rock solid, supporting the upper tiers. Without the base, middle and upper tiers the pyramid ceases to be a pyramid.

Let us not fall short of our capabilities. Why would we want to lose the top performers by limiting our service? We're on the precipice of expanding the quality of play for the community we serve. I see no reason why we would want anything less. Our kids deserve the best possible program we could provide, anything less would be a disservice to them and our community.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3585 Nov 21, 2013
Are you listening BOD?..
LM Mom

Wildomar, CA

#3586 Nov 21, 2013
We should have paid coaches! Some of these club coaches are awful. They can help with the rec coaches too.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3587 Nov 21, 2013
LM Coach wrote:
The referees do nothing they show up for an hour on Saturday not even in proper uniform.
Not the ones who do the Club games. They are from a professional Ref Assn.
It's like night and day when it comes to these refs and LMSA refs
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#3588 Nov 21, 2013
LM Coach wrote:
The referees do nothing they show up for an hour on Saturday not even in proper uniform. The coaches spend more time and money on equipment and classes and don't get compensation. Saying we pay the refs is because nobody would do it. Well shoot why would anyone want to coach again in LMSA? If club coaches were allowed to be paid a little that would be some incentive. Come on BOD explain your real reason why? Being a board member is different than coaching and being a referee is different, working the snackbar is different too, but we pay for 1 of the 4 jobs?
Just because some of the coaches don't care if they get paid doesn't mean it should be outlawed?
[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
As Davis said, nobody would do it. So, they pay the refs because parents are lazy, just want to drop their kids off and leave. Minimal work. Yet the coaches have quite a bit of duties, in which WE give freely. I wish parents gave back some as well, besides complaining. If you can do a better job then step up! If not, leave the coaches to coach, you just cheer on little Johnny.
How may have given their time for free here that are not coaches or on the BOD? Heck they even pay for people at the sign ups and at the snack bar. Talk about lazy parents....
I disagree, this is a paid for organization due to ..... Yep lazy parents.
Hence many BOD's are overworked, hence why several will be stepping down very soon... Let's see if those pictures get done on time. Or if your teams get their uniforms on time. If kids have cards on time. If schedules are not put up at the last minute. If the equipment is up to par.
Off my soap box.. Bottom line is we the parents need to Give our time for this league to succeed.[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any organized league that doesn't pay the refs. Though there are some lazy parents I would argue that some are busy making ends meet or dividing themselves between conflicting schedules with other children. What I am sure of is that unless they get involved or are paying close attention, most of them have no clue of what it takes to organize and coach a team.

The coaches and managers put in a lot of extra behind the scenes time and money into their programs, this goes mostly unnoticed and under appreciated. Parents need to realize this and support their coach, team and child. Don't just cheer for Johnny, help out when needed. Ask your coach: "What can we do to support you?", then followup by getting other parents involved. These coaches may have a child on the team (or not), but they are putting in a lot more time and effort than you realize.

We have paid refs, we have a dedicated volunteer BOD, we have the players, the parents and the coaches. No one puts more time and effort into the program than the coaches. We need all the elements but the coaches are the backbone of the program. Without them you have no program. If you want a successful program you need quality coaching.

That said we need to provide better training and support to those parents from the younger ages that get involved in coaching when nobody else steps up. Most have no experience but are trying to fill that void. I'd hardly call that person a lazy parent.

Several members of the BOD are coaches and know what I'm talking about. Parents need to realize this also. These people are putting in double duty on behalf of your children. Some have served for several years, it is a wonder how they don't get burnt out and year after year are there for you and me. Unfortunately there are far
too few of us BOD and coaches to go around. Together with the refs and other volunteers, we have made this a very successful program.

Parents, your kids are the beneficiaries of this program. We need more parental involvement in order to remain a viable program. Stop complaining and get involved. That's what I did, when are you going to step up.
Club Coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3589 Nov 21, 2013
What is the big deal about a paid coach?

If you honestly feel they are any better then some LMSA club coaches your wrong.

I have seen terrible paid coaches and great volunteer coaches. Teams are mainly measured by greatness in the win loss result.

Variables need be considered before blame (ing) a coach for a unproductive season. Thats why its essential to lay the foundation with the 4, 5, 6, year olds now. 13 and up are on the way out. Consider a reputable trainer for the entire league. Understand coaching and training are not the same. Trainers are for the improvement of skills. Coaches bring the dynamics on the field. You need to have some kids with talent aswell. Developing a player takes 2 to 4 seasons depending on ...again proper foundation.
Davis

Orange, CA

#3590 Nov 22, 2013
Been tossed aside like a piece of bad meat
Confucius

Los Angeles, CA

#3591 Nov 22, 2013
Davis wrote:
Been tossed aside like a piece of bad meat
Old meat such as yours is to old and tough to swallow!
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3592 Nov 22, 2013
Club Coach wrote:
What is the big deal about a paid coach?
If you honestly feel they are any better then some LMSA club coaches your wrong.
I have seen terrible paid coaches and great volunteer coaches. Teams are mainly measured by greatness in the win loss result.
Variables need be considered before blame (ing) a coach for a unproductive season. Thats why its essential to lay the foundation with the 4, 5, 6, year olds now. 13 and up are on the way out. Consider a reputable trainer for the entire league. Understand coaching and training are not the same. Trainers are for the improvement of skills. Coaches bring the dynamics on the field. You need to have some kids with talent aswell. Developing a player takes 2 to 4 seasons depending on ...again proper foundation.
I could not agree more.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3593 Nov 22, 2013
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree more.
DITTO
Club

Whittier, CA

#3594 Nov 22, 2013
LM res-coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree more.
?, 4,5,6,...then Teens. The younger are easy and full of happiness wanting only to mimic the training the best they possibly can. Teens, only those that truely where given the clear opportunity to understand, train, develop, and learn to enjoy the great sport of soccer will continue. Unfortunately, too many parents water down there players potential because they have a banquet to attend and the player misses out on the development that is needed to be successful in their Teen years and beyond. Hence, the lower team #s in the older age group and the excuses why little jon/jan stopped playing when they get to high school due to lack of skills at the higher competitive levels.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3595 Nov 22, 2013
High school jacket so important to them, so they stop training with the trainer that got them there.
Some understand that if they stop doing extra they will get left behind, BECAUSE THOSE THAT TRUELY WANT TO BE "GREAT" OR THE BEST THEY CAN BE keep working
U13 Coach

Whittier, CA

#3596 Nov 22, 2013
Any Teams have any tournaments planned before State cup?
I want to keep the boys active and playing as much as possible. WE have one last game, scimmage vrs Strikers A team, Chelsey's A team both out of the SCDSL. Then the winter Anahiem Surf Tournament mid December. My objective is if the league allows us a field I would much rather pick and choose my friendly matches before spring Coast league. Having a field to offer makes it easier to find good scrimmages. Plus I can see some of the potential players in game situations.
Lazy parent

United States

#3597 Nov 22, 2013
Ah thanks for letting us know, you have us on the edge of our seats waiting to see your next move
Lazy parent

Whittier, CA

#3598 Nov 22, 2013
Put a sock in it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Join the Great illuminati in America for Riches... 1 hr Lee Jordan 3
mexican girls (Aug '09) 1 hr ummm 3
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) 1 hr bhavani 16
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 28,265
Carrillo and Pacheco Stealing City Revenue 15 hr Facts 1
When is Pacheco Getting a REAL JOB 16 hr Facts 3
Flying with police: Pomona boy, 8, gets wish to... (Jun '10) 16 hr pomonaboy 7

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match