LMSA Club Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3559 Nov 18, 2013
Why won't LMSA allow coaches to be paid but trainers can be paid?
Davis

Tustin, CA

#3560 Nov 18, 2013
LMSA Club Parent wrote:
Why won't LMSA allow coaches to be paid but trainers can be paid?
We are a volunteer organization trainers aren't voluntees
Why not pay the bod then
club$$

La Mirada, CA

#3561 Nov 18, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>We are a volunteer organization trainers aren't voluntees
Why not pay the bod then
Lol, good one! With back pay.
LMSA

Corona, CA

#3562 Nov 18, 2013
The teams going silver, what bracket will they be placed next fall?
LMSA Club Parent

La Habra, CA

#3563 Nov 18, 2013
If we are a volunteer organization why are the referees paid?
Davis

Tustin, CA

#3564 Nov 19, 2013
LMSA wrote:
The teams going silver, what bracket will they be placed next fall?
No set rule it will be based on number of teams in local area
Davis

Tustin, CA

#3565 Nov 19, 2013
LMSA Club Parent wrote:
Because no one would volunteer and
we didn't want the same mess as before and were able to keep cost the same
Davis

Tustin, CA

#3566 Nov 19, 2013
Bu13 when are you getting your snow cones
I hope you don't get stiffed
LMSA OBSERVER

Covina, CA

#3567 Nov 19, 2013
I didn't know the snow cone guy wore a red hat and had a pony tail???
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3568 Nov 19, 2013
Sorry not me -really- but if he doesn't step up I'll take care of it, REALLY A SHAME that they are just all talk so much for?
LMSA OBSERVER wrote:
I didn't know the snow cone guy wore a red hat and had a pony tail???
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3569 Nov 19, 2013
LMSA Club Parent wrote:

As Davis said, nobody would do it. So, they pay the refs because parents are lazy, just want to drop their kids off and leave. Minimal work. Yet the coaches have quite a bit of duties, in which WE give freely. I wish parents gave back some as well, besides complaining. If you can do a better job then step up! If not, leave the coaches to coach, you just cheer on little Johnny.

How may have given their time for free here that are not coaches or on the BOD? Heck they even pay for people at the sign ups and at the snack bar. Talk about lazy parents....

I disagree, this is a paid for organization due to ..... Yep lazy parents.

Hence many BOD's are overworked, hence why several will be stepping down very soon... Let's see if those pictures get done on time. Or if your teams get their uniforms on time. If kids have cards on time. If schedules are not put up at the last minute. If the equipment is up to par.
Off my soap box.. Bottom line is we the parents need to Give our time for this league to succeed.
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3570 Nov 19, 2013
Davis wrote:
Bu13 when are you getting your snow cones
I hope you don't get stiffed
The dude sells them on the North side on game days. Hope you guys are getting revenue from him. He takes away sales from our snack bar... Ask for his permit this weekend.
LMSA Leon

Corona, CA

#3571 Nov 19, 2013
Davis wrote:
Sorry not me -really- but if he doesn't step up I'll take care of it, REALLY A SHAME that they are just all talk so much for?
<quoted text>
One more game left to finalize the pre sesson objective....
1. finish First place
2. without a loss
3. less then 7 goals for the season
4. and recieve our snow cone....lol.
We will be playing our last game Saturday vr AC Brea. Away then coming home to collect.
Passion and Heart has gotten these kids to here. These kids cry even when we tie. LA Premiere Gold kids are class act yes we tied but showed no bitterness. They acknowledged they were equaled. The Cpt. "Great team Coach good luck" told me. Clean soccer, they will be playing Xplosion in next round,we wanted that game so bad.....eh!
maybe they'll give us a scrimmage.
LMSA Leon

Corona, CA

#3572 Nov 19, 2013
[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
As Davis said, nobody would do it. So, they pay the refs because parents are lazy, just want to drop their kids off and leave. Minimal work. Yet the coaches have quite a bit of duties, in which WE give freely. I wish parents gave back some as well, besides complaining. If you can do a better job then step up! If not, leave the coaches to coach, you just cheer on little Johnny.
How may have given their time for free here that are not coaches or on the BOD? Heck they even pay for people at the sign ups and at the snack bar. Talk about lazy parents....
I disagree, this is a paid for organization due to ..... Yep lazy parents.
Hence many BOD's are overworked, hence why several will be stepping down very soon... Let's see if those pictures get done on time. Or if your teams get their uniforms on time. If kids have cards on time. If schedules are not put up at the last minute. If the equipment is up to par.
Off my soap box.. Bottom line is we the parents need to Give our time for this league to succeed.[/QUOTE]
Well Said,
I as a coach and our manager spend hours and hours with practices and team issues.
Volunteering is a great thing. I do what i know best and thats making better soccer players. I could coach next town over and supplement my income.Payment doesnt always need to be green...But Without volunteers we would not exist. LMSA has been good to me and my kids...I dont want to see it disappear.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3573 Nov 19, 2013
The dude sells them on the North side on game days. Hope you guys are getting revenue from him. He takes away sales from our snack bar... Ask for his permit this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Don't be so chicken****, the guy is just trying to make a living.
Jobs and money are not that easy to come by for some. The pennies that LMSA or the city would make from him are nothing compared to the comfort he offers to everyone via his wares.

Instead of bitching, you should thank God every day you don't have be the man pushing the card for a few dollars a day.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3574 Nov 19, 2013
Don't knock the refs being paid either.

They are required to pay an annual re-certification fee to the USSF to be eligible to referee. And don't forget the required monthly meeting that the refs who do club matches are required to attend. And then the ref uniforms that the refs are required to purchase out of their own pocket can cost as much as a $100 or more.

Yeah the refs are paid, but its nothing compared to what they have to put out and put up with.

So they deserve what little they make each Saturday.

LMSA is doing good, and is now evolving into something better.

No steps back please, only forward.
LM Coach

La Habra, CA

#3575 Nov 19, 2013
The referees do nothing they show up for an hour on Saturday not even in proper uniform. The coaches spend more time and money on equipment and classes and don't get compensation. Saying we pay the refs is because nobody would do it. Well shoot why would anyone want to coach again in LMSA? If club coaches were allowed to be paid a little that would be some incentive. Come on BOD explain your real reason why? Being a board member is different than coaching and being a referee is different, working the snackbar is different too, but we pay for 1 of the 4 jobs?

Just because some of the coaches don't care if they get paid doesn't mean it should be outlawed?
Davis

Orange, CA

#3576 Nov 20, 2013
Coaches being paid is against our bylaws if you want that changed then you need to come to the bod meeting and fight for it. We still have bod members that want our non rec programs gone and others that think we made a mistake even after all the benefits the kids have gotten
It really is that simple We are a rec program that has a competitive leg
Ref being paid, without out that we would have to do it do you want that

Where is the the snow cone man
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3577 Nov 20, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
The dude sells them on the North side on game days. Hope you guys are getting revenue from him. He takes away sales from our snack bar... Ask for his permit this weekend. "

Don't be so chicken****, the guy is just trying to make a living.
Jobs and money are not that easy to come by for some. The pennies that LMSA or the city would make from him are nothing compared to the comfort he offers to everyone via his wares.

Instead of bitching, you should thank God every day you don't have be the man pushing the card for a few dollars a day.
Far from bitching buddy. Far from it..
LMSA U19

Corona, CA

#3578 Nov 20, 2013
You want to get paid ?
Bring back a championship and then ask LMSA to cut the check.
U 19 girls coach was paid for mediocracy and a season with more goals against then they had in favor. 500 season, of underdevelopment. The talent is going BYE BYE.....U19
Just call yourself a trainer and have your named coach hangout.
Most of the better coaches dont want to get paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Tuttle to open Adult Club 7 min Reporter 7
Ricardio Pacheco Under Investigation for Campai... 17 min Gasoline 5150 9
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 32 min Trojan 28,703
Prostitution sting in Pomona nets 20 arrests (Mar '10) 45 min Baddie 196
Legit supplier of m-a-rij-uauna,pain n anxiety ... 4 hr Fullerton guy 1
Montclair police told to make cuts or face layoffs (Jun '09) 6 hr decade resident 16
Susan Rubio Farts During Ceremony. Personal Hyg... 11 hr Fake Suparman 3

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:23 am PST