|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Bronze wrote:
<quoted text>
do you want a signature team? ultimately eliminating the signature league and just having one next level league makes sense. Bronze and Signature teams are not really different. There are multiple levels at csl so the term club is not all inclusive and everyone is not the same. Just like in softball the club player may be a level 1 team or level 3 team. pick one don't complicate it. Ultimately it is about the coach and if a child is cut from a team. some don't go because of the coaches personality and some want another option because the player was not chosen for one reason or another.
My understanding is that Signature was created to serve as a launching point (for lack of a better term) for kids who may not quite be ready for club play. I agree Bronze and Signature may be comparable in quality of play but they are two different animals. Many Signature teams have successfully made the jump to club (when they were ready).

Signature teams are still recreational teams operating on a different budget than club teams. They also travel less distances during their season. Not only does it offer the kids a growth opportunity, it offers the parents an acclamation period to the financial demands and travel requirements.

The truth is you cannot replace quality game time experience any other way than continuously exposing our kids to quality competition. Club teams travel more and are continually involved in tournaments year round. This is one way they stay competitive, but this requires far more traveling and expenditures than a typical Signature team. With the paid coaches, additional equipment, program and tournament expenses; families are typically shelling out 4-5 times more money than a Signature team.

Some families cannot afford Club expenses while others cannot meet their travel demands or game schedule.

Signature is a viable option and needs to remain a viable option for the 'core' recreational leagues.
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

SoCalSoccer wrote:
My vote is for the Club side in a name :
"La Mirada Soccer"
Keep it Simple.
I'd like to suggest L.M.United

United serves as a constant reminder for the kids of what a team sport should be and can be used as a motto in many different ways.
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Davis wrote:
Good point but we have city rules and our core program is the larger rec program. The issue isn't do we want to but we just don't have enough kids to support both levels. Maybe we could at a few of the younger ages but by U13 or U14 we won't be able to sustain both teams, so what would you do with those kids that have to go back the the core program. The rules in place are to sustain a complete program with the core program being the most important, i know that most here don't see it that way but we will always cater to the masses.
Any kid should be able to train with the "club" team if they want as long as it doesn't interfer with their "home" team
We have already seen interest from kids that have left I added 2 new players to my team this year and hope to add 3 more next.
Good to hear that some kids are coming home. As far as sustaining the core program, Signature is rec which is an extension of the core program. So what I'm hearing from you is: if we have a club team in the older age groups we can no longer support an extension of our core program because the numbers aren't there.

Did I not hear somewhere that we will have only one all star team per age group? Are these all stars not willing or able to play at the Signature level? If so, then why put them in a rec league when we can put them in a more competitive Signature circuit?

I'm not trying to be facetious, I realize that our older team player numbers are down. Aren't these the kids who stuck around for the love of the game? I would hope that they are also the more adept. I would understand If the better ones moved on and the ones remaining simply can't compete at the Signature level. But if they can then we owe it to them to place them where they belong. I know this is a case by case situation, but it should be considered when placing these kids not summarily dismissed because our core is rec,(signature is rec).
LMSA Skeptic

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Boys U13 wrote:
U13 Boys wrapped up league today with a 9 to 0 win over Corinthians of Anahiem CONGRATULATIONS! Our Boys they're headed to silver! were very proud......
undefeated and less then 7 goals againt for the season is still the task to finish with. oh And a respectable showing next round in league cup.
You want to impress me, win in the second round of league cup. Participating and competing with the Big Teams are different things.
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

LMSA Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>You want to impress me, win in the second round of league cup. Participating and competing with the Big Teams are different things.
Why does he need to impress you? Are you going to write him a check for coaching? Geez, his team did extremely well after losing several key players.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

LMSA Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to impress me, win in the second round of league cup. Participating and competing with the Big Teams are different things.
I think this team has shown its potential. People will be surprised of its capabilities. This team has lost key players season after season only to pop up with even better players. For the older teams to be Re-gressing this team is Pro-gressing. League Champs....Bronze Bracket what more.
Allowing that coach to work with other Kids could benefit LMSA.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this mean Bobs season is over till State cup?
Some teams seasons are ending. What and when is the next plan for the club teams?
It is now we lost 2-1 to second place silver elite and 3-0 to the gold team girls learned so much playing with those teams
But they still want to practice so cool
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this mean Bobs season is over till State cup?
Some teams seasons are ending. What and when is the next plan for the club teams?
As far as my team some want keep practicing but we are done until they finish hs soccer mid February
LMSA grapvine

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

lmsa future fact wrote:
I also believe most of the teams are tapped out on outside kids.
could it be true that the U13 coach has a few Academy kids he works with that hes trying to bring over from outside the city?I heard hes been seen trainning other then LMSA KIDS.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

FYI only two GU15 bronze teams advanced to the sweet 16 and they are both from our bracket Xplosion and celtic. Xplosion plays the team that beat us 2-1 winner to reach the quarter finals
U13 Coach

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

LMSA grapvine wrote:
<quoted text>could it be true that the U13 coach has a few Academy kids he works with that hes trying to bring over from outside the city?I heard hes been seen trainning other then LMSA KIDS.
Darn Evil Twin!
I'm not Bringing any players, The interest is all theirs. Many players are showing a great deal of interest in our team my concern at this point is to finish with what I have. Spring tryouts will soon be here as with all the club teams no one player has a guaranty on the next roster. Who knows i might even be replaced.
More then Half of the roster I have now is from the Rec LMSA program. Two or three from the beginning of Signature.
If the numbers pan out there might be enough kids to form a signature team or another bronze. Our team will be Placed in Silver bracket next Fall. And Our plans are to make Silver Elite next year.
With the absence of a U14 Signature or Bronze or Silver team the gap is to far to jump for any Rec players.
I hear of teams hoping to get a few better players for their next season, Coaches recruiting what local rock can i find them under?
promotion

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

U13 Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn Evil Twin!
I'm not Bringing any players, The interest is all theirs. Many players are showing a great deal of interest in our team my concern at this point is to finish with what I have. Spring tryouts will soon be here as with all the club teams no one player has a guaranty on the next roster. Who knows i might even be replaced.
More then Half of the roster I have now is from the Rec LMSA program. Two or three from the beginning of Signature.
If the numbers pan out there might be enough kids to form a signature team or another bronze. Our team will be Placed in Silver bracket next Fall. And Our plans are to make Silver Elite next year.
With the absence of a U14 Signature or Bronze or Silver team the gap is to far to jump for any Rec players.
I hear of teams hoping to get a few better players for their next season, Coaches recruiting what local rock can i find them under?
why not skip Silver and go straight to Silver Elite in Fall 2014?
Showdown

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Why not jump to Silver Elite for U14 next year?
Davis

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Showdown wrote:
Why not jump to Silver Elite for U14 next year?
The process of promotion is you have to prove that you belong
Example the 2 bronze gu15 girls teams making the sweet 16 and beating premier and gold teams
the Csl bod needs proof that you deserve it if the boys get past the next round then that will be the proof
But with premier opening up at 14 then there's a much better chance as they move more team's up
LMSA Dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

We will have to see what happens in League Cup for Bu13. They're defiantly ready to play Silver Bracket. I think for team that is accustomed to always winning being average in silver Elite is hard. A good spring prep in tier l should help them. Also a good time to see player growth aswell as a time to try some new players before final fall season roster.
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

You could petition to move up, CSL would prob take your request and move you up.
The problem is a Great bronze team does not equate to a good silver team. People think oh, my kid is a this or that level player. Yea, they might become one but they are bronze, silver, silver elite for a reason. You didn't learn to sprint before u walked. Learn to walk before you sprint. Silver will be good for his team, and in 2 years maybe he will be SE level, the boys that stay will be ready for the speed of the game and physical ness. Well done Bobby!
Promotion

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Davis; does only 1st place promote? Or 1st and 2nd+ How about relegation? Only last? Or bottom 2 teams?
club$$

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Promotion wrote:
Davis; does only 1st place promote? Or 1st and 2nd+ How about relegation? Only last? Or bottom 2 teams?
Top 2 promotes. Not sure about regulation. Davis should know tho
Davis

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
Top 2 promotes. Not sure about regulation. Davis should know tho[/QUOTE]
Top two and ties - no tie breakers
Normally bottom two but those teams don't always stay together
Talked to Csl yesterday very hard for teams to double jump but with premier opening at 14 may be possible
Also maybe new brackets opening up sure hope so for 16
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Davis wrote:
[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
Top 2 promotes. Not sure about regulation. Davis should know tho"

Top two and ties - no tie breakers
Normally bottom two but those teams don't always stay together
Talked to Csl yesterday very hard for teams to double jump but with premier opening at 14 may be possible
Also maybe new brackets opening up sure hope so for 16
Can you expand on the new brackets? I see a lot of no teams on certain brackets for my kids division. With CSL losing a ton of teams over the last 2 years, I'm not sure how this is possible. Please expand on this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,481 - 3,500 of4,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
Rowland Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••