Davis

Whittier, CA

#3479 Nov 6, 2013
YES TO THE MEDALS
First round is good to have made it thru be proud of that IT IS A BIG DEAL FOR US LMSA
NO to the bronze tournament they do have the Calif Cup which they use to compete kind-of against state cup - was a hugh battle between Cal south and CSL some years ago

Champions and Finalists:2013

Flight Champions Finalists
B9 Santa Monica Blue FC Los Angeles White
G9 Lazers Pateadores
B10 FC Golden State Gold Pateadores MV Blue
B10 Premier FC Deportivo Laguna Xtreme Black
G10 Milan Black Pateadores Irvine Blue
B11 Corinthians West Freedom Blue
B11 Premier Colton America Academy YASC Spartans
G11 HG Eagles Milan Black
B12 Team 90 Saints Tustin United
B12 Premier Barcelona Gold Blades FC
G12 Celtic Harps Baldwin Park United
B13 CFC Untouchables Colton America
G13 Cresecenta Valley Barstow Heat
B13 Premier FC Golden State Gold Foothill Storm
G13 Premier Claremont Stars Red Oxnard Premier
B14 Celtic Hoops Platinum Salomon
B14 Premier CFC Untouchables Black Tustin United Red
G14 YASC Spartans Titans FC
G14 Premier Crescenta Valley AVFC
B15 Platinum FC Gaytan FC Deportivo Sharks
B15 Premier PCSC B97 Red FC Man United B97
LMSA Parent wrote:
Do the teams get any Medals or trophy for winning in Coast league?
League Cup seems to be a great step in the preperation for some of the teams making the higher jump. But the first round play is all we can expect. State cup seems to be more evenly matched teams. They bracket all bronze together and below. Does Coast have a Bronze tournament?
Club Coach

Whittier, CA

#3480 Nov 6, 2013
Makes me want to put "Premiere" In front of our teams name. Also some use the word "Academy" I see some of our teams are now just La Mirada B/G U/?.
Again the league name IDEA. I like LA MIRADA F.C. But the league has not decided on this it seems. Or have they?
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3481 Nov 6, 2013
Club Coach wrote:
Makes me want to put "Premiere" In front of our teams name. Also some use the word "Academy" I see some of our teams are now just La Mirada B/G U/?.
Again the league name IDEA. I like LA MIRADA F.C. But the league has not decided on this it seems. Or have they?
Lots of talk this what we came up with
Some what'd LMSA------ but
I would have liked.boys one name and the girls something else like Pride lol which is a acronym
LM Parent

Concord, CA

#3482 Nov 6, 2013
Club wrote:
<quoted text>
typical lm. No clue just hide behind the blog. The GU19 I believe entered as a S.Elite Team from mainly local players and they will Remain in the same level at the Highest that LMSA has. So negative nanny stop the jealousy and give credit where its due. Only thing poor is your choice of words...
Pay attention GU19 only has 3 levels.
Silver Elite, Gold & Premier.
So it's no biggie to be at the bottom is it.

Anyhow they did quite well. Only 2 losses so far.
In a though division. Rookies don't get into soccer at U19.
SoCalSoccer

Concord, CA

#3483 Nov 6, 2013
My vote is for the Club side in a name :

"La Mirada Soccer"

Keep it Simple.
LMSA Club Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3484 Nov 7, 2013
Last Mirada Fusion or Fury or Pulse!
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3485 Nov 7, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of talk this what we came up with
Some what'd LMSA------ but
I would have liked.boys one name and the girls something else like Pride lol which is a acronym
Good thing your only 1 vote!
Speaking of voting how did elections go? Did the BOD get some new blood finally?
Boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3486 Nov 7, 2013
This year we have been La Mirada BOO
people have asked. Why BOO? its Boys, born 2000.
I like La Mirada Soccer.( club or F.C.)
In regards to tryouts i have been getting a big interest in potential kids. and some talented kids. what kind of numbers will it take to consider a second team? or a signature back up team.
Boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3487 Nov 7, 2013
some are training w us with no promises. Oh and the Residency Rule i have to turn away kids..Here is where i believe the thorn will be. My kids that left before we offered club will not be returning All LM residents. its to late theyr all established on other teams.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3488 Nov 7, 2013
Votes aren't counted but the bod is expanding and 3 or 4 aren't coming back
[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
Good thing your only 1 vote!
Speaking of voting how did elections go? Did the BOD get some new blood finally?[/QUOTE]
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3489 Nov 7, 2013
Zero chance as of now for second team
the issue is that having another "non-rec" team we will hurt are core program, the number just aren't there
Boys u13 wrote:
This year we have been La Mirada BOO
people have asked. Why BOO? its Boys, born 2000.
I like La Mirada Soccer.( club or F.C.)
In regards to tryouts i have been getting a big interest in potential kids. and some talented kids. what kind of numbers will it take to consider a second team? or a signature back up team.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3490 Nov 7, 2013
So does Bob have the board votes to be
President ?
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3491 Nov 7, 2013
not INTERESTED
SoCalSoccer wrote:
So does Bob have the board votes to be
President ?
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3492 Nov 7, 2013
If I were president I would have to leave all you lovely people and this is way to much fun
Boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3493 Nov 7, 2013
Davis wrote:
Zero chance as of now for second team
the issue is that having another "non-rec" team we will hurt are core program, the number just aren't there
<quoted text>
ok
most of the kids are not from the Rec program. Kids looking for a change from the bigger club name teams. At least the interest is their for our team. But again we are restricted due to Residency Rule. The flip side is develope what you have of course....but there is a platue for most kids. Gold teams players are not from around the block. They travel to be on those teams 20 to 40 minutes. Surrounding cities.Turning away gifted players with potential is hard because they dont live in LM. I understand the rules and principals in place.its a catch 22. Does a PO Box work...lol.
LMSA Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3494 Nov 7, 2013
Word gets out the coaching is good.
1.The team is winning
2 The players are developing.
3.There's structure and work ethic.
4.Proper enviroment.
5.The price is low.

Why wouldn't these people want to come.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3495 Nov 7, 2013
Well said
LM res-coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3496 Nov 7, 2013
LMSA growth at the club level is stunted by it's current policies. There are plenty of adjoining programs that have multiple club &/or signature teams wi the same age group. Not every LMSA child will be able to make the jump from rec to club. I think providing the signature option will allow these kids to develop. While you worry of diluting the rec level you don't allow for a viable option for these fringe level kids. This along with your residency rule will make it difficult to sustain this renaissance LMSA is experiencing. Now is the time to be bold. Though I agree w LMSA dad's comments; these are great sell-points, I don't see returning players from other clubs. We need to put ourselves in a position where we can sustain this level of competency. This requires a viable farm system.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3497 Nov 7, 2013
Good point but we have city rules and our core program is the larger rec program. The issue isn't do we want to but we just don't have enough kids to support both levels. Maybe we could at a few of the younger ages but by U13 or U14 we won't be able to sustain both teams, so what would you do with those kids that have to go back the the core program. The rules in place are to sustain a complete program with the core program being the most important, i know that most here don't see it that way but we will always cater to the masses.
Any kid should be able to train with the "club" team if they want as long as it doesn't interfer with their "home" team
We have already seen interest from kids that have left I added 2 new players to my team this year and hope to add 3 more next.
LM res-coach

Whittier, CA

#3498 Nov 7, 2013
The challenge then becomes more daunting. How do we maintain and strive to build on our current success in order to retain our current players and continue to develop & recruit additional players? This is meant as a rhetorical question to open up dialog. My fear is that unless we find a way, this will be a fleeting moment spanning a few short years. I do agree with the idea that we need to focus on supporting the younger age group coaches. We need to provide practical training sessions with their development in mind, and attend some of their team practices during their season. What I'm suggesting is to take them under our wing as mentors & trainers.

We can't lose sight that if we don"t bring them up soon enough, we may take a few steps backwards along the way. Ultimately though the investment will pay off. I just don't want to lose any ground between now and then. I do think we need to make a move now in order to sustain our current progress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 28,705
Greg Tuttle to open Adult Club 3 hr Reporter 7
Ricardio Pacheco Under Investigation for Campai... 3 hr Gasoline 5150 9
Prostitution sting in Pomona nets 20 arrests (Mar '10) 3 hr Baddie 196
Legit supplier of m-a-rij-uauna,pain n anxiety ... 7 hr Fullerton guy 1
Montclair police told to make cuts or face layoffs (Jun '09) 9 hr decade resident 16
Susan Rubio Farts During Ceremony. Personal Hyg... 14 hr Fake Suparman 3

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:19 pm PST