Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3439 Oct 30, 2013
LM Soccer Lover wrote:
To get a D License all you need is the money, attend a class and pass an test.(sometimes, depending on the examiner, the test is a open test). And many fail and fix it to show that they passed.
The license doesn't make a good coach. The person and real life soccer experience makes one.
Thats why the successful long time club coaches are not Daddy coaches.
And Mr Davis, please stop your negativity. Your childish ranting every time someone says something you disagree with is quite annoying.
Ok I'll bite show me where I was negative?
I'm just trying to get the fact straight
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3440 Oct 30, 2013
You sure it was gu12 I haven't heard about that one
EX LMSA Mom wrote:
I think the
GU12 club coach should be removed or step down for lack of knowledge, and his actions on the sidelines are quite uncalled for. I saw a game this season where he belittled a young referee. Regardless of wins and loses I heard a rumor from a coach from Whittier soccer who took a D license class with him and told me he did not pass. Not sure if it's true but I I think after seeing him coach and struggle this year. Might be time for the him to step back and learn.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3441 Oct 30, 2013
LMSA Dad wrote:
What will become of the struggling boys U12 Signature team.? This team really needs an overhaul badly. Half the kids still belong in Rec.Soccer! Unless these parents enjoy loosing season after season no one will come forward and tell it the way it should be. Or simply have not discovered this site. This boys team will never go club at their rate of development. Sad but true. I see the face of frustration amongst the better players who will probably be leaving unless they bring in better coaching i believe here is also another D level coach struggling to break 500 at best.
I believe the league should honestly requests some feed back from all the teams parents. What is their opinion of their coachs and their development of the team. Soccer knowledge and repore with the kids.
You can send me
He doesn't have a D
Boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3442 Oct 30, 2013
So much expectations are placed on teams winning vrs loosing records because of the "D". Its great to have soccer knowledge and the gift of communication and translation with it. So many kids are visual learners aswell if a coach cant perform the soccer move correctly then they dont see it done correctly. X soccer players are the equivalent of the street smarts as opposed to book smart. Sorry LMSA but I coach with out a "D".
Doesn't look like anyone will be leaving this team.
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#3443 Oct 30, 2013
Book smart doesn't always develop into real field smart.
That's obvious especially here in the LMSA program.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3444 Oct 30, 2013
Just so that's it out there I pushed the D because I wanted the coaches to keep learning just as they want the kids to
I thought that once coaches network with other coaches they would understand the importance of learning and how much there is to learn
And we would all work together for a better product
I can't tell you how many times I have been told I know what he knows:( after just being a rec coach for a year or so
There is a whole other world out there that most don't even know about. training takes years at higher levels to understand
Go back to the box grow up in one box know what's in that box
IMHO
Boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3445 Oct 30, 2013
I understand where Bob is coming from with the D license. I agree some coaches might need more instructional training ideas and tactical work that comes from game experience it takes years to learn. theres no Manuel that say if player B marks C then put player A in the 18 to cover left player blah blah blah....i feel the game. Its Chess on the field from both sides of the Ball. Move your pieces well and you might win. know what pieces work well together and what pieces have potential in certain places.
polish up all your pieces and they can play harder matches.
The D will better prepar those who have not had the soccer background...that have gradually ended up in competetive soccer now from Rec where we all come from.
X- LMSA

Whittier, CA

#3446 Oct 30, 2013
Anyone know what happened to the team J Rivera coached, that left LMSA?
Did that team leave as a group or only a few players? Last i heard they where at FC Rangers in Fullerton.
Bronze

Whittier, CA

#3447 Oct 30, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
Bob, are you blind ?
LM Parent showed records and stated realistic opinions based on real match performance.
What other or kind of facts does a person need to state their case ?
Based on records stated, which I have also researched, gu14 has the best chance of getting out of the 2nd round. Granted it will still be tough but it is doable.
Isn't a low silver team last years Bronze winner and a mid Silver Elite team better than top silver team. So why should a top bronze team have the best chance to move on against two silver elite teams?
Davis

Concord, CA

#3448 Oct 30, 2013
X- LMSA wrote:
Anyone know what happened to the team J Rivera coached, that left LMSA?
Did that team leave as a group or only a few players? Last i heard they where at FC Rangers in Fullerton.
Still there
LM Parent

La Mirada, CA

#3449 Oct 30, 2013
And good riddance
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3450 Oct 30, 2013
Bronze wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a low silver team last years Bronze winner and a mid Silver Elite team better than top silver team. So why should a top bronze team have the best chance to move on against two silver elite teams?
Only on paper is that true.
I have seen some great 1st or 2nd year Bronze teams beat Silver and Silver Elite teams.

The funny thing about soccer is there are no sure things.
From what I have seen GU14 & BU13 have a real good chance to get out of the 2nd round.
It really all depends on which game each brings, the A or the B games.
Boys and girls

Carson, CA

#3451 Nov 1, 2013
Boys u13 has to play tomorrow before they can think second round Benton at 8 and 2. Hosting local games.
Boys Rec side

Los Angeles, CA

#3452 Nov 1, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on paper is that true.
I have seen some great 1st or 2nd year Bronze teams beat Silver and Silver Elite teams.
The funny thing about soccer is there are no sure things.
From what I have seen GU14 & BU13 have a real good chance to get out of the 2nd round.
It really all depends on which game each brings, the A or the B games.
your correct,
even the worst team can win on any given day. Thus tomorrow is no guarantee, I like their chances tomorrow though, thats the team i like for the snowcones. They're not winning by chance I have seen them practice. No messing around at their age its hard to keep them in line.
boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3453 Nov 2, 2013
u13 boys in next round leagues cup.
Qualified today.....
Bronze

Whittier, CA

#3454 Nov 3, 2013
The big bully beat up on those poor low bronze teams. That wasn't nice.
boys u13

Anaheim, CA

#3455 Nov 3, 2013
No we let off second game. played some bench players a bit more because next round they will play less. Oh and they put wrong score. it was 5 to 0.
we will get a taste of the big Bullies next round.
Arsenal Ventura Silver
LA Premiere Gold.
just gona try to keep it respectable for LMSA.
SoCalSoccer

Concord, CA

#3456 Nov 3, 2013
Wow, bit GU11 and GU12 advanced to the next round in League Cup.
Great job girls. Good luck in the 2nd round.
Observer

Anaheim, CA

#3457 Nov 3, 2013
Great job all three Bronze teams move on in League Cup!

BU13
GU11
GU12

great weekend.
Coach lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3458 Nov 4, 2013
Observer wrote:
Great job all three Bronze teams move on in League Cup!
BU13
GU11
GU12
great weekend.
Great to hear these teams have won a chance to continue on. But we are still waiting for that second round winner in League Cup play to step up for LMSA. G14 came up short today. G11 and B13 the teams that might surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 min Bruin For Life 27,400
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 32 min sadafying 15,999
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 33 min take a number 200,967
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 35 min free to all 5,075
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 36 min nickled 2,269
Bimbo Bakeries fined by state for dangerous wor... (Apr '10) 1 hr bottles 37
Man living in Santa Cruz claims to be Charles L... (Feb '10) 1 hr DBS 104
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at September 18 at 12:38PM PDT

•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info