Other Coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3420 Oct 28, 2013
So what if these Silver bound teams also have bad seasons do we replace them with new coaches aswell? Look at the whole picture...wait a minute three months ago Jones was running skills nights for LMSA, WASNT HE THE WINNER OF WHO IS THE BEST COACH AT LMSA , D LIC GRAD NOW.. Now you want to take his team away? Been a great believer in LMSA AND IN ITS DEFENSE VRS THE BIG CLUB PHILOSOPHY. he has done no wrong but to of had a loosing season. Patience people.... As Coachs we should be available to lend a hand if need and asked. I have watched this team one or two players a few position changed for players and IMHO they could be in Buis.
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3421 Oct 29, 2013
If we plan on dumping coaches with losing records, then you complaining parents better be ready to step up. In addition, half of the rec coaches would be one and done..

Both the girls teams being discussed had winning records at signature level. The older had the head coach step down, the assistant was granted the team, majority of girls returned, but they lost their two scorers to another. CLub. now they are struggling. The team/ coach need to adjust. No need to "fire" anyone..
The younger team also had girls new girls come from rec to bronze. If you have ANY clue about sports in general, making a jump 2 levels is a difficult adjustment for players. As would be bronze to silver elite.
Players AND coaches need to step up. Bottom line. Of not both could be replaced at some point.
Question, do paid coaches with losing records get fired after 1 year? I know from personal experience they do not.
Observer

Los Angeles, CA

#3422 Oct 29, 2013
From a club that simply wanted to allow the kids to experience the higher level of competition to wanting to have no team less then 500. How the Bar has risen high at LMSA. Dont mistaken behaveriol issues with coaching abilities. Between the two girls team and what the reason for change might be.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3423 Oct 29, 2013
I not sure why my post from yesterday didn't go thru
Who ever post against me in ref to the teams playing lc and trashing there accomplishment should take a little time and research before making themselves look foolish
Gu15 had all the bronze AND silver teams play in the first round and the xplosion team crushed a first place silver team
So if you don't like me ok but don't discredit the first round and it's importance to the kids and our program
we are going to play against s elite and gold in the next round how many of the other teams wish they could
If you don't like what we done impress us
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3424 Oct 29, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, it is useless. 90 of all LC teams in U15 and below are Bronze in the 1st round. The Silver teams that are in the 1st round are lower level teams. The ones with 1-6-2 or 2-8-0 records.
These teams, if they don't improve will be relegated to Bronze next year.
The 2nd round is where the decent Silver and Silver Elite are. But even that isn't entirely true. I have seen several weak Silver teams scheduled to play their first games in the 2nd round.
GU14 is a perfect example. Both their opponents in the 2nd round are Silver teams at the bottom of their brackets.
Sorry you are just jealous the program is working and you are left out
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3425 Oct 29, 2013
NO
LMSA Parent wrote:
Will Bob be taking over one of these struggling GU12 or GU13 teams? Those daddy coaches can't cut it.
confucius

Los Angeles, CA

#3426 Oct 29, 2013
Jealousy is the root of all evil.
LMSA U 13

Los Angeles, CA

#3427 Oct 29, 2013
Playing in league cup first round is great experience. Our better teams should be fine and going on. But if you want to be champs itcant matter whos next from what bracket or level its all open seas. You cant expect to be cushioned you play who they match you with. For us second round (if we pass) will be a silver and gold team both below average. For Bronze teams there are no weak silver or gold teams. Gold teams got to be gold by winning their silver elite bracket. and silver by winning a bronze bracket.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3428 Oct 29, 2013
Apparently you have trouble reading schedules GU14 plays two SILVER ELITE teams! Just more I wish I knew what I'm talking about from you, please stop embarrassing yourself. What is there to gain from trying to keep trashing our program do you fell left out?
I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself show me one weak silver team that plays it's first game in GU14 or GU15 second round as you stated "U15 and below" I'll wait for your responce LOL

GU14 results-
Oct 19 Sat 11:00 AM Foothill Storm Black A 7 : 0
Oct 19 Sat 2:00 PM Riverside FC G99 O'Connor H 4 : 0
Nov 3 Sun 8:00 AM OC Premier Black A : Santiago Charter Sch #1
Nov 3 Sun 11:30 AM LA Premier FC SC H : Santiago Charter Sch #1

Sorry all but this just isn't right please post fact's or say "I think"
LM Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, it is useless. 90 of all LC teams in U15 and below are Bronze in the 1st round. The Silver teams that are in the 1st round are lower level teams. The ones with 1-6-2 or 2-8-0 records.
These teams, if they don't improve will be relegated to Bronze next year.
The 2nd round is where the decent Silver and Silver Elite are. But even that isn't entirely true. I have seen several weak Silver teams scheduled to play their first games in the 2nd round.
GU14 is a perfect example. Both their opponents in the 2nd round are Silver teams at the bottom of their brackets.
LM Parent

La Mirada, CA

#3429 Oct 29, 2013
Don't be so thin skinned Davis.
But since you asked:

GU14, which I believe is playing at the Silver level or even Silver Elite level at this time has a really good chance to win in the 2nd round due to the poor level of their 2 upcoming opponents.
OC Premier Black 4-4-4
Midddle of the pack.
LA Premier FC SC 2-7-2
Bottom of their group, will most likely be regulated next Fall.

So, knowing the quality of soccer the GU14 is presently playing I can safely say they have a better than average chance of moving forward.

Now if they were playing teams that were leading their bracket with records say, like 7-2-2 or 6-2-4 then I would say the GU14 will have a tough time.

They will still have a tough time, regardless who they play, but I like their chances.

When you learn to look at things through non-biased or paranoid eyes you will actually learn to see the world as it is. Not as we wish it to be.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3430 Oct 29, 2013
Your comments were incorrect so I just clarified for everyone, don't take it so hard I've made mistakes too, don't remember when but I'm sure it has happened :)

You didn't answer any of my questions how come? Just came back with more opinions which is ok that hasn't been taken that away from us yet.

I wish them all the best as I do all my teams

How do look at this with biases or with paranoia and how I'm I missing the world? This really has me stumped?

You are entitled to your opinion but when you are called out for facts please support them with facts PLEASE
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3431 Oct 29, 2013
Bob, are you blind ?
LM Parent showed records and stated realistic opinions based on real match performance.
What other or kind of facts does a person need to state their case ?

Based on records stated, which I have also researched, gu14 has the best chance of getting out of the 2nd round. Granted it will still be tough but it is doable.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3432 Oct 29, 2013
You missed the point of the post it was just not full of facts-

LMP said that there were just low level silver teams is the first round NOT TRUE
ALL THE SILVER TEAMS IN GU15 that signed up to play played in the first round, Xplosion GU15 crushed a 1st place silver team don't understand how they can be thought of as lower level.

Second LMP makes the claim that they can get past the second round maybe they can I didn't say that they couldn't and I wish them the BEST

No I'm not blind LMP said-
"Your right, it is useless. 90 of all LC teams in U15 and below are Bronze in the 1st round. The Silver teams that are in the 1st round are lower level teams. The ones with 1-6-2 or 2-8-0 records" didn't you ready that?

The other quote that is also was wrong -"The 2nd round is where the decent Silver and Silver Elite are. But even that isn't entirely true. I have seen several weak Silver teams scheduled to play their first games in the 2nd round. I ASKED WHO THEY WERE no response

"GU14 is a perfect example. Both their opponents in the 2nd round are Silver teams at the bottom of their brackets." this is just BS they are both SILVER ELITE again didn't you read that before asking if I'm blind don't you know how to read? Maybe some don't understand the difference between silver elite and silver that's ok ask and I'll tell you LOL

I understand that emotion sometimes take over but PLEASE when you try to speak facts make sure that they are FACTS and NOT I think so.

Also there are gold level albeit lower level in the second round I know we play one, the comment could be more palatable if it were directed at maybe U12 or U13 and lower but not at the U14 and above so lets just let this go and move on to something else I think I made my point, now whats for dinner?
EX LMSA Mom

Los Angeles, CA

#3433 Oct 29, 2013
I think the GU12 club coach should be removed or step down for lack of knowledge, and his actions on the sidelines are quite uncalled for. I saw a game this season where he belittled a young referee. Regardless of wins and loses I heard a rumor from a coach from Whittier soccer who took a D license class with him and told me he did not pass. Not sure if it's true but I I think after seeing him coach and struggle this year. Might be time for the him to step back and learn.
LM Soccer Lover

La Mirada, CA

#3434 Oct 29, 2013
To get a D License all you need is the money, attend a class and pass an test.(sometimes, depending on the examiner, the test is a open test). And many fail and fix it to show that they passed.

The license doesn't make a good coach. The person and real life soccer experience makes one.
Thats why the successful long time club coaches are not Daddy coaches.

And Mr Davis, please stop your negativity. Your childish ranting every time someone says something you disagree with is quite annoying.
LMSA Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3435 Oct 29, 2013
What will become of the struggling boys U12 Signature team.? This team really needs an overhaul badly. Half the kids still belong in Rec.Soccer! Unless these parents enjoy loosing season after season no one will come forward and tell it the way it should be. Or simply have not discovered this site. This boys team will never go club at their rate of development. Sad but true. I see the face of frustration amongst the better players who will probably be leaving unless they bring in better coaching i believe here is also another D level coach struggling to break 500 at best.
I believe the league should honestly requests some feed back from all the teams parents. What is their opinion of their coachs and their development of the team. Soccer knowledge and repore with the kids.
Club

Whittier, CA

#3436 Oct 29, 2013
LM Soccer Lover wrote:
To get a D License all you need is the money, attend a class and pass an test.(sometimes, depending on the examiner, the test is a open test). And many fail and fix it to show that they passed.
The license doesn't make a good coach. The person and real life soccer experience makes one.
And Mr Davis, please stop your negativity. Your childish ranting every time someone says something you disagree with is quite annoying.
clueless,truely clueless. Fyi this level is the drop/w.out class. If you don't know it will show & be dropped =failed. Now you know...
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#3437 Oct 30, 2013
Club wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless,truely clueless. Fyi this level is the drop/w.out class. If you don't know it will show & be dropped =failed. Now you know...
D lic. is not that easy.
maybe your thinking theYM3 class.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3439 Oct 30, 2013
LM Soccer Lover wrote:
Ok I'll bite show me where I was negative?
I'm just trying to get the fact straight
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3440 Oct 30, 2013
You sure it was gu12 I haven't heard about that one
EX LMSA Mom wrote:
I think the
GU12 club coach should be removed or step down for lack of knowledge, and his actions on the sidelines are quite uncalled for. I saw a game this season where he belittled a young referee. Regardless of wins and loses I heard a rumor from a coach from Whittier soccer who took a D license class with him and told me he did not pass. Not sure if it's true but I I think after seeing him coach and struggle this year. Might be time for the him to step back and learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr LMFAOphartss 34,214
News The leg end of Turnbull Canyon (Feb '08) 21 hr la china 197
Proof ,Mexicans most pathetic to roam the earth Thu Not a stupid slop... 1
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) Thu West Covina boys 2,820
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) Thu Duke 1,049
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) Thu Duke 1,830
News Eureka Police arrest two in Union Street bust (Jun '10) Thu HatezGamez 25

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages