other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3398 Oct 25, 2013
LMSA wrote:
My Bad!
meant to the Second Round,
I'l send churro guy over.
First round is attainable its second round where if your a somebody proove it.....no more weak Bronze teams.
One more test for LMSA.
GO LMSA.......
Gu14 is having a great season last weakend made it to second round of LC. I like the format. Its Harder for Bronze teams yes but it also shows where you stand among the higher brackets. I believe Bozo said the "mighty Silver Elite" bracket for girls of the U14.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3399 Oct 25, 2013
GU14 has a real chance to make it to the 3rd round, which is the round of 32. Their opponents are 2 Silver Elite lower bracket teams.
I think the girls have a real chance to move up.
This team is good enough. I think they are a Silver team already. These matches will demonstrate if I'm wrong.
If they win this they will play only Gold or Premier teams. What select company.
Good luck girls.
Skeptic

Los Angeles, CA

#3400 Oct 25, 2013
This is where all the better bronze teams get to be tossed in with the Wolfs. About the only thing to hope for is not to get the score run up on your Daddy Coached teams. League Cup Would be a bit more fare if they grouped SElites and up and Silver and lowers.
Good luck.
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3401 Oct 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
You got me here 2 and out ?
Again why did they leave?
We all know the reasons the question is why did they leave so we can work on what we can control me
just a bunch of reason don't explain or help we need to understand why and address those so we can become the first choice
Your asking why kids leave... I answered you, your response is I KNOW WHY KIDS LEAVE..
Then why are you asking! Do you like to hear yourself talk?
Guess you can figure it out on your own.

For those that actually want to hear what I'm saying, Bottom line is kids are going to leave!!! Nothing you can do about it. My kid played here for many years, and recently left! I could have brought my kid back and easily made the club team, but I didn't for various reasons. And YES my family is very involved in this league nearly from day 1 LMSA was formed.

Now I remember why I rarely come on here. People complain to much. You want to pay for coaching go ahead, I have coached for YEARS in LMSA/AYSO never got a dime... Yet I took time from my family to coach YOUR kids (yes mine too). But hey we only care about our own as some parents have said on here... I think they are the selfish ones who never step up to help with coaching or even help on the board... Can't wait to get out of coaching... For this exact reason. Selfish parents who only care about their own child... Wait, coaches only care about their child, I forgot.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3402 Oct 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>The question is why they left and what we could do to keep those players

That is what I wrote, what can we do? I guess I should have typed a little slower LOL sorry couldn't resist

club$$ wrote -For those that actually want to hear what I'm saying -LOL again couldn't resist we don't know who you are so why would we care what you say, Bottom line is kids are going to leave!!! Nothing you can do about it.

My reply is there is, we won't keep everyone but we can keep many

Still waiting what is "2 and out"

Sorry that you don't like me but you'll have to get in line
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#3403 Oct 25, 2013
Davis wrote:
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>The question is why they left and what we could do to keep those players

That is what I wrote, what can we do? I guess I should have typed a little slower LOL sorry couldn't resist

club$$ wrote -For those that actually want to hear what I'm saying -LOL again couldn't resist we don't know who you are so why would we care what you say, Bottom line is kids are going to leave!!! Nothing you can do about it.

My reply is there is, we won't keep everyone but we can keep many

Still waiting what is "2 and out"

Sorry that you don't like me but you'll have to get in line
2 and out means In 2 years my kid, your kid any kid will outgrow a coach, Unless a kid really stinks, or the coach is a gold/premiere coach. Most dad coaches can only get 2 years from a kid. Them teaching the kid, kid retaining the same voice. Then they move onto another coach. That said, our league has 2 /3 D license coaches. How many LMSA coaches have that upper tier coaching experience? Unless your a grandpa and your second time around. Most real club coaches have various teams, older & younger's. They have that experience and knowledge of how to progress. And what it takes etc etc.(experience) yes some young coaches are good, because they played or have been involved in the sport for a LONG time. Most dad coaches pick it up as a hobby, or no other dads stepped up.

Your answer to retaining players... Listen closely... Get them U5 dads, and train THEM properly. Good coaches = players want to stay!!! At U12/13 when soccer gets really serious hopefully some if those coaches want to stay... Kids don't leave, the parents do.... To help this send the young coaches to Class, etc etc... They are the future, they are the ones that will make LMSA club teams strong in several years.. U10 and up, many of the top talent has left... They can become better if outside players come to LMSA, maybe when Strikers dissolve some of that "talent" will come here. Heck an entire GU12 team is playing there...
The teams doing well (coop, Bobby) both recruited... Yes they have a few local products (coop more local kids), but don't tell me neither have players that have come from other CLUB teams... That is a HUGE boost for any new club team. Trust me I know...

What other questions do you want answered?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3404 Oct 25, 2013
one
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3405 Oct 26, 2013
GU15 advance
Showdown

La Mirada, CA

#3406 Oct 26, 2013
LMSA VS XPLOSION. Lets all come out and support GU15 tomorrow at the soccer showdown! 12:00 Behringer. Good luck Davis. Any wages on score?-I say LMSA takes it 3-0.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3407 Oct 27, 2013
thanks but it's just another game no more then that, girls have done more then I could have expected already SO PROUD.
Showdown wrote:
LMSA VS XPLOSION. Lets all come out and support GU15 tomorrow at the soccer showdown! 12:00 Behringer. Good luck Davis. Any wages on score?-I say LMSA takes it 3-0.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3408 Oct 27, 2013
USELESS INFO
half of the 20 teams that advanced in LC are bronze and 3 of the top 4 of our bracket went thru
Bronze

Whittier, CA

#3409 Oct 27, 2013
Skeptic wrote:
This is where all the better bronze teams get to be tossed in with the Wolfs. About the only thing to hope for is not to get the score run up on your Daddy Coached teams. League Cup Would be a bit more fare if they grouped SElites and up and Silver and lowers.
Good luck.
Agree with that. If a first year bronze team can compete with 2 silver elite teams that is an accomplishment. Remember these teams were not able to draw top talent as a first year bronze team. Now if they compete maybe 2-3 more top players can fill the holes.
Useless info

Los Angeles, CA

#3410 Oct 27, 2013
After winning at Aolian today it looks like Boys u 13 will be ascending to Silver Brackets. Even with three games to go they would have to loose all three and second place team would have to win all three of their games.
Ain't gonna happen!
Congratulations!
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3411 Oct 28, 2013
Great job to LMSA teams!
Boys u 13 And Leon
Girls u 15And Davis.
For locking up this weekend.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3412 Oct 28, 2013
Let me clarify,
Davis for LCup
Leon league play.
LMSA dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3413 Oct 28, 2013
Useless info wrote:
After winning at Aolian today it looks like Boys u 13 will be ascending to Silver Brackets. Even with three games to go they would have to loose all three and second place team would have to win all three of their games.
Ain't gonna happen!
Congratulations!
Yeah I remember a post , where the objective was less then seven goals all season. To win undefeated league......still watching to see if it will happen.
LM Soccer Lover

La Mirada, CA

#3414 Oct 28, 2013
Well now let's review the Club program so far, as the season comes down to the end.

One confirmed Bracket Champion in BU13.

Two other teams are the masters of their own destiny.

GU11. They must beat the front runner, Legacy and win 1 of the remaining 2 games and they are Bracket Champions.

GU14 are also master's of their destiny. They beat HG Eagles and no matter what they do in their last 2 games they will be champions.

Honorable Mention:
GU15, in a tough 12 team bracket with at least 4 quality teams, should finish 4th with one more win.
A good showing in League, Spring and State Cup should give them enough brownie points to have a legitimate shot at promotion to Silver.

GU19, their record is deceiving. They have only one loss and it was to the undefeated bracket champions. All their other matches have been wins or ties. This team goes against the old adage, defense wins championships.
All it did is keep them in the middle of the pack.
Still solid effort for a first year team in a tough age group.

And GU10, maybe they should have started in Bronze.
It would have been a better start for a first year club team. BUT they should be able to get a couple more wins before the season ends. And that would put them right in the middle of their Silver group.
Which really isn't bad, considering their first year status and the quality of their opponents.
Hopefully they will use the off-season to retool and fix some of the holes that they have, then come back and really have a shot at winning their Silver bracket. But regardless, great effort in a tough division as well.

Now the raspberries.
GU12 and GU13. These teams were just not ready for the jump to club. The sad part is that the talent is there, just not the coaching. I know these Daddy coaches try hard, but LMSA must look beyond that. Sometimes you must just say "NO, Thank you", to a volunteer.
If that can't be done, they relegate these 2 teams back to Sig, where they can win and the daddies can strut their tail feathers.

Bottom line, ALL the LM kids played hard and gave 100% on the field and deserve a round of applause.

But 2 Daddy coaches need to step down and let LMSA see what other options are available to those 2 teams.
LM Parent

La Mirada, CA

#3415 Oct 28, 2013
Davis wrote:
USELESS INFO
half of the 20 teams that advanced in LC are bronze and 3 of the top 4 of our bracket went thru
Your right, it is useless. 90 of all LC teams in U15 and below are Bronze in the 1st round. The Silver teams that are in the 1st round are lower level teams. The ones with 1-6-2 or 2-8-0 records.
These teams, if they don't improve will be relegated to Bronze next year.

The 2nd round is where the decent Silver and Silver Elite are. But even that isn't entirely true. I have seen several weak Silver teams scheduled to play their first games in the 2nd round.

GU14 is a perfect example. Both their opponents in the 2nd round are Silver teams at the bottom of their brackets.
LMSA Parent

Corona, CA

#3416 Oct 28, 2013
Will Bob be taking over one of these struggling GU12 or GU13 teams? Those daddy coaches can't cut it.
Bronze

Whittier, CA

#3417 Oct 28, 2013
You are all brilliant.
U14 and 15 have all the silver and bronze teams playing.
Rd 2 adds Silver Elite in 14's and even some gold in 15's.
It is about competing in the next round and not getting beat 5-0 or worse for these 2 teams. Don't expect too much from either team.

Those 2 daddy coaches are your experienced coaches. Both with D licenses and live and die the game. That didn't help them. Maybe those who know they don't know everything are able to coach the game better than those who know everything. Just ask them, they are never wrong.

For the other brilliant person above who says they have the talent, 12's lost 3 top players; 13's lost their #1 player and another top player. They have to rebuild but they must also understand the players that they have and how to play them. Motivating them helps too. tearing them down does not work especially when you are already struggling. They are both different teams than last season and were not able to fill the holes with equal talent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 4 hr Dave Highland 1,788
older women 5 hr Bull n 2
Review: Moore Property Management 8 hr Deviloseven 7
Pope Accidentally Gouges Out Child's Eye 8 hr Blow George 3
Latinos in California lag a far behinda in coll... 8 hr Mikey Boy 2
Teen Experiences Tingling Sensation 9 hr CMS Dhykemeup 3
'Maternity tourism' witness held after trying t... Apr 28 Mothly 2
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE