Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3380 Oct 24, 2013
You got me here 2 and out ?
Again why did they leave?
We all know the reasons the question is why did they leave so we can work on what we can control me
just a bunch of reason don't explain or help we need to understand why and address those so we can become the first choice
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3381 Oct 24, 2013
Bottom line, most of the kids/families left because
there were no Club programs in LM.

Now there are. And winning sells.

Statistically LMSA has a better W/L record in the entire Club than MOST other Clubs.

Now you just have to sell it.
Don't worry about the U12 and above. The better players have either left already or or playing for LMSA. Your not gonna get many, if any, back from those who left.
The future of LM club is dependent on the development of the younger players. U8-U10. Show their parents that LMSA has a solid training program and they will stay.
If you don't they will seek greener pastures.

That's the bottom line folks.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3382 Oct 24, 2013
Really do need to get to work, I do agree with those that did leave did because we didn't have "club" yet some will come back.

The part about the winning % is great but when we compare we should compare with like brackets, bronze and I'm sure we do great there. the future looks great for our younger's if we can promote development leads to winning not the other way around.

WE NEED/MUST SELL WE ARE THE BETTER CHOICE FOR PLAYER DEVELOPMENT IF WE DO THAT THEN THEY WILL FOLLOW
WE MUST, TO BE SUCCESSFUL, UNDERSTAND THAT PROPER TRAINING MAKES THE PROGRAM

As with all other programs there is always disenchanted parents for so many reasons and they will leave. if a player leaves because they aren't getting enough play time and can get it somewhere else great for them and we wish them well
SoCalSoccer wrote:
Bottom line, most of the kids/families left because
there were no Club programs in LM.
Now there are. And winning sells.
Statistically LMSA has a better W/L record in the entire Club than MOST other Clubs.
Now you just have to sell it.
Don't worry about the U12 and above. The better players have either left already or or playing for LMSA. Your not gonna get many, if any, back from those who left.
The future of LM club is dependent on the development of the younger players. U8-U10. Show their parents that LMSA has a solid training program and they will stay.
If you don't they will seek greener pastures.
That's the bottom line folks.
confucius

Huntington Park, CA

#3383 Oct 24, 2013
you want them to come...WIN!
you want them to stay...DEVELOP!
LM Soccer Lover

La Mirada, CA

#3384 Oct 24, 2013
I know your doing your best but you are misleading
everyone.

The success that the individual teams are having will not help the club. Because this success is related to the individual Daddy coaches. BU13 - Daddy coach, GU14 -Daddy coach, GU11 Daddy coach and GU10 who will finish in the middle of the Silver group is also a Daddy coach.
And these Daddy coaches used their own talent and experience to make successful teams. LMSA didn't grow them. They came ready.

Except for the GU15, a team you have had together for 3 years so they should be a good team, everyone else is basically out for their own kid.

My point is this, UNLESS these successful Daddy coaches are will to spend REAL time with the U8 and U10 Rec coaches and some of the impact players from those ages LMSA has no real development program.

The guys who are working for the club development are the unsuccessful coaches. GU12 for example.

What can they teach the U8/U10 coaches ? How to scream and yell. How to play more physical and thereby try to out muscle their opponents instead of how to use skill and ability to out play them.

LMSA has an opportunity here, but they need to get the right people in the right places.
LMSA Parent

West Covina, CA

#3385 Oct 24, 2013
Does LMSA have a Director of Player Development? or Coaching Development? Maybe in a more instructional position.This couldl possibly be a step to improve the technical aswell tactical coaching ideas Player development Director to improve the skill levels of the kids.. Does the league pay forthe Goalie coaching and trainer?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3386 Oct 24, 2013
not TRYING TO MISLEAD but I understand what you are saying. I really think that if we can understand longer term success we will be better. I'm a daddy coach too just don't have kids on my team, nothing wrong with being a daddy coach if you are honest fair and willing to learn to do better for all the kids. Maybe the difference between paid and not paid is the willingness to learn?
My own exper taught me that I really didn't know how to coach until after about 5 yrs of being around coaches that have been doing it a lot longer then me and know a heck of a lot more then I, that is when I understood how much I didn't know. It took a long time for the EGO to go away and understand that I really didn't know - I know some are going to jump all over this LOL. I was lucky I had people willing to teach me and most importantly I listen to them and they appreciated that.
It's like this, grow up in a box you know what is in that box, expose yourself to more boxes learn a lot more
Somehow -and we are talking about it- we need to get coaches to understand that development is long term and has the real lasting effects. Winning early/young doesn't mean a lot when you have bigger better athletes that just out work the other team. Good to have but when others mature and grow those traits aren't as dominate.
I watched a game a few weeks ago and saw a team get beat by a more athletic team the losing team IMHO will do better in club because they play "better" soccer and the player development is being worked on,
I think we judge success with wins now and believe we know what we are doing because we win IMHO that isn't what we should look at. I try to watch as many of our team train so I might learn something new from others but I don't see a lot of real player development skills being worked on, just a bunch of kids running thru patterns, soccer is a flowing game and kids need to be able to think It's late in the season we are/should be working on just a few tactical improvement to finish the season, but the basics need more attention, to many trainers/coaches are letting kids with bad technic run thru drills without those bad habits being addressed. Also I don't see a lot training being done on both sides of the ball most just work on scoring, understand more fun and rewarding but not complete.
We all know about the 4 year all star toe kicker that clears the ball 40 YDS and everyone gets excited when it happens but they aren't going to become a talent until someone stops him and teaches proper tech.

again IMHO
club$$

La Mirada, CA

#3387 Oct 24, 2013
Davis wrote:
You got me here 2 and out ?
Again why did they leave?
We all know the reasons the question is why did they leave so we can work on what we can control me
just a bunch of reason don't explain or help we need to understand why and address those so we can become the first choice
Want it in English or Spanish Davis? Yes, two and out! Unless your a premiere or gold team. Otherwise you can't teach my kid advanced skills. Therefore I'll take em somewhere else!
And if you can't comprehend then I don't know what to tell you. Re read what I typed! I gave reasons why kids leave! They are going to leave. Bottom line!
Bronze

Whittier, CA

#3388 Oct 24, 2013
Its ok to leave
club$$

La Mirada, CA

#3389 Oct 24, 2013
Bronze wrote:
Its ok to leave
We did... He asked why we left. Many various reasons. Not just one. Still have 1 kid here tho.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3390 Oct 24, 2013
Try english
Really you don't think I know why kids leave.
[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
Want it in English or Spanish Davis? Yes, two and out! Unless your a premiere or gold team. Otherwise you can't teach my kid advanced skills. Therefore I'll take em somewhere else!
And if you can't comprehend then I don't know what to tell you. Re read what I typed! I gave reasons why kids leave! They are going to leave. Bottom line![/QUOTE]
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3391 Oct 24, 2013
Davis wrote:
Try english
Really you don't think I know why kids leave.
<quoted text>
Don't pay too much attention to this guy.
Like he left LMSA to go directly into a Gold Team.

yeah, right.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3392 Oct 24, 2013
I DIDN'T ASK WHY YOU LEFT I don't know who you are
[QUOTE who="club$$"]<quo ted text>
We did... He asked why we left. Many various reasons. Not just one. Still have 1 kid here tho.[/QUOTE]
LMSA Parent

Highland, CA

#3393 Oct 24, 2013
I want to see a director of of development or a technical director. We have a huge opportunity and I feel like it is going to be wasted with these daddy coaches who are out their for their own kid. If you take their kids off their teams would they all still coach? I doibt doubt it. That's a big difference between us and brea. They have coaches who don't have kids but want to develop players and don't really care if they win or lose. But yes they get paid to be there. LMSA seems reluctant to do that. Such a shame
LMSA

West Covina, CA

#3394 Oct 25, 2013
LMSA is not going to issue out paid coaching.
again people, paid doesnt guarantee development or wins. Its a unique case per teams, of course they have kids on the teams that are winning, why? because we began as a recreational league. Volunteers are ask to coach. No great coach was gona say " Hm let me see i make 2000.$ a month coaching CLUB let me coach for free at LMSA" If you were lucky enough to be of the age for the better teams then you made out. NOT ALL ORGANIZATIONS HAVE WINNING TEAMS! even with paid coaching, not all teams can be Bu13s and Gu14s. Even more so Bu13 who dont pay any outside training. As opposed to a few of the others club teams. These struggling teams will have to work harder recruit and develop better.Try to bring in better trainers for the money.
LMSA

West Covina, CA

#3395 Oct 25, 2013
Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dreaming snow cone man. A lowly bronze team against the mighty silver elite division. It would be a surprise I will buy them snow cones if they survive.
put your money where your mouth is, Pizza SnowCones im tossing in the churros. Any team to the second round deserve it. Pepperoni, grape snowcones, churros picnic time girls!
LM Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3396 Oct 25, 2013
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text> put your money where your mouth is, Pizza SnowCones im tossing in the churros. Any team to the second round deserve it. Pepperoni, grape snowcones, churros picnic time girls!
You put your money where your mouth is. G14 is in the 2nd round already.
You owe them Pizza, snow cones and churro's
Pay up
LMSA

West Covina, CA

#3397 Oct 25, 2013
My Bad!
meant to the Second Round,
I'l send churro guy over.
First round is attainable its second round where if your a somebody proove it.....no more weak Bronze teams.
One more test for LMSA.
GO LMSA.......
other coach

West Covina, CA

#3398 Oct 25, 2013
LMSA wrote:
My Bad!
meant to the Second Round,
I'l send churro guy over.
First round is attainable its second round where if your a somebody proove it.....no more weak Bronze teams.
One more test for LMSA.
GO LMSA.......
Gu14 is having a great season last weakend made it to second round of LC. I like the format. Its Harder for Bronze teams yes but it also shows where you stand among the higher brackets. I believe Bozo said the "mighty Silver Elite" bracket for girls of the U14.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3399 Oct 25, 2013
GU14 has a real chance to make it to the 3rd round, which is the round of 32. Their opponents are 2 Silver Elite lower bracket teams.
I think the girls have a real chance to move up.
This team is good enough. I think they are a Silver team already. These matches will demonstrate if I'm wrong.
If they win this they will play only Gold or Premier teams. What select company.
Good luck girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
News Police identify man fatally stabbed inside Paci... 2 hr poidawg 1
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) Thu Tony 187
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan 14 Walls work 4,563
News Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heig... (May '09) Dec '17 la migra 419
News Shooting no shock at school (Apr '06) Jul '17 AnonymousOldFriend 137
News Rowland Heights man working as tutor for Santa ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Georgia Levin 2

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages