#3198 Oct 8, 2013
how did bu13 perform? still undefeated?
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#3199 Oct 8, 2013
walter white wrote:
how did bu13 perform? still undefeated?
THEY LOST ONE
ONE game ball?...lol. But won their game 6-0-0.
LMSA old coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3200 Oct 8, 2013
TRIVIA;
can anyone tell me what coach lost every game his first year with LMSA in Rec passed up for all the allstar teams?
now i hear of him again only this time its different results.
hats off to old Comets coach!
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3201 Oct 8, 2013
Just want to throw out a ata boy to the GU10 playing in the silver bracket
I'm sure they would be in the running for the snowcone if they were bronze
LMSA OBSERVER

Rosemead, CA

#3202 Oct 8, 2013
Davis wrote:
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU BOB.
truthful

Whittier, CA

#3203 Oct 8, 2013
Davis wrote:
Lets all be realists here is where most teams from LMSA will top out at. With the stipulations put on teams of minumum play time, local residency rules and coaching backgrounds. Not to undervalue LMSA teams and coaches but Silver level is serious soccer and higher than Silver its all about the winning and not the development, and winning records of these "Big Name" clubs. Great players are enticed by sponsership programs in hopes of bringing championships to these clubs. These two or three LMSA teams that will be going silver wont struggle but also wont run the table. Gu 10 should have stayed in Bronze and got their two minutes of claim to fame as the other undefeated teams are presently getting in Bronze. The True test will be league cup where all levels are combined if you keep winning. Who was to think LMSA would have three to four teams earning Silver status. From here maybe might come a silver Elite team but i would bet the farm it wont happen. Great Job GU10! But the road to silver would have tasted better to have earned it from Bronze.
truthful

Whittier, CA

#3204 Oct 8, 2013
LMSA old coach wrote:
TRIVIA;
can anyone tell me what coach lost every game his first year with LMSA in Rec passed up for all the allstar teams?
now i hear of him again only this time its different results.
hats off to old Comets coach!
Why We all know it was,
Jergen Klingsman.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3205 Oct 9, 2013
Not totally disagreeing with you on the older's but if we can get the coaches the exper and training in the younger's age we can have a few top level SE teams heck maybe even a upper level team, even with our rules, it will be about having better coaches/trainers to draw keeping them here, this is our biggest hurdle to having a lasting good level program. Nothing against Dads, they are ok if they work at being better coaches/trainers.
Our rules basically are for trainers not taking a full rosters just to collect money, each team will have just a few subs that should be able to play not 7 sitting on the bench paying for nothing. Look at the teams we are playing now they only sub a few dif players now so the
Earning the silver promo for the Gu10 would have been a great exper. I know how the kids felt back in the day but if the stars align themselves right maybe we an get them to SE next year, we all agree that it's harder to earn a promo then maintain a level.

League cup is going to be great hopefully we all get great draws which I think seeding might be after this weekend.

Either way this is more then I ever expected for our first year :) and we are so proud of all our teams

Also don't forget our Sig program is doing quite well the future looks good if we don't jump the gun
truthful wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets all be realists here is where most teams from LMSA will top out at. With the stipulations put on teams of minumum play time, local residency rules and coaching backgrounds. Not to undervalue LMSA teams and coaches but Silver level is serious soccer and higher than Silver its all about the winning and not the development, and winning records of these "Big Name" clubs. Great players are enticed by sponsership programs in hopes of bringing championships to these clubs. These two or three LMSA teams that will be going silver wont struggle but also wont run the table. Gu 10 should have stayed in Bronze and got their two minutes of claim to fame as the other undefeated teams are presently getting in Bronze. The True test will be league cup where all levels are combined if you keep winning. Who was to think LMSA would have three to four teams earning Silver status. From here maybe might come a silver Elite team but i would bet the farm it wont happen. Great Job GU10! But the road to silver would have tasted better to have earned it from Bronze.
LMSA OBSERVER

Rosemead, CA

#3206 Oct 9, 2013
Well said director!!!
other coach

Whittier, CA

#3207 Oct 9, 2013
Davis wrote:
Not totally disagreeing with you on the older's but if we can get the coaches the exper and training in the younger's age we can have a few top level SE teams heck maybe even a upper level team, even with our rules, it will be about having better coaches/trainers to draw keeping them here, this is our biggest hurdle to having a lasting good level program. Nothing against Dads, they are ok if they work at being better coaches/trainers.
Our rules basically are for trainers not taking a full rosters just to collect money, each team will have just a few subs that should be able to play not 7 sitting on the bench paying for nothing. Look at the teams we are playing now they only sub a few dif players now so the
Earning the silver promo for the Gu10 would have been a great exper. I know how the kids felt back in the day but if the stars align themselves right maybe we an get them to SE next year, we all agree that it's harder to earn a promo then maintain a level.
League cup is going to be great hopefully we all get great draws which I think seeding might be after this weekend.
Either way this is more then I ever expected for our first year :) and we are so proud of all our teams
Also don't forget our Sig program is doing quite well the future looks good if we don't jump the gun
<quoted text>
Yeah the older teams started to club a bit late, but the younger teams is where the focus should be. We all agree that the early soccer development will need to begin at U6 Levels. Most Rec U6 Coaches are step up Mom and Dad coaches nothing against them but true development should be done through clinics and more knowledgable trainers. for a minimal price run a 8 week program. If its free they take it for granted give the m a T shirt at the end and pizza. people take free for what its worth thats why fee is minimal. Not show up once or twice with Tommy and Mary and think it sufficient. It takes one or two years with good coaches. I have kids that are great talents but could have developed more had they had early proper training, now their simply playing catch up.
LMSA OBSERVER

Buena Park, CA

#3208 Oct 9, 2013
other coach wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah the older teams started to club a bit late, but the younger teams is where the focus should be. We all agree that the early soccer development will need to begin at U6 Levels. Most Rec U6 Coaches are step up Mom and Dad coaches nothing against them but true development should be done through clinics and more knowledgable trainers. for a minimal price run a 8 week program. If its free they take it for granted give the m a T shirt at the end and pizza. people take free for what its worth thats why fee is minimal. Not show up once or twice with Tommy and Mary and think it sufficient. It takes one or two years with good coaches. I have kids that are great talents but could have developed more had they had early proper training, now their simply playing catch up.
So are you coaching these kids that are playing catch up? Are you making sure they get pizza at the end of training?
Snowcones or Corn

Whittier, CA

#3209 Oct 9, 2013
other coach wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah the older teams started to club a bit late, but the younger teams is where the focus should be. We all agree that the early soccer development will need to begin at U6 Levels. Most Rec U6 Coaches are step up Mom and Dad coaches nothing against them but true development should be done through clinics and more knowledgable trainers. for a minimal price run a 8 week program. If its free they take it for granted give the m a T shirt at the end and pizza. people take free for what its worth thats why fee is minimal. Not show up once or twice with Tommy and Mary and think it sufficient. It takes one or two years with good coaches. I have kids that are great talents but could have developed more had they had early proper training, now their simply playing catch up.
Not everyone wants to pay money for added training. The clinics are good to show kids something new in the rec program. It is still up to the player to practice what is taught. Personal drive is the key to development. If they don't care it doesn't matter what you try.

None of these free clinics are designed for the higher level players. Every parent has the opportunity to hire a personal trainer. It is not up to the league. Club players jump around so the club should not waste money training these kids.
Snowcones or Corn

Whittier, CA

#3210 Oct 9, 2013
The responsibility is on the parent, player and team to cover these added training expenses.
Why

La Mirada, CA

#3211 Oct 9, 2013
the League Cup schedule has been posted. why are the games in San Bernardino ? especially if we or our opponent has an available home field? why do we have to go to San Bernardino to play against our neighboring Rangers when they have feel so terrible and so do we?
Why

La Mirada, CA

#3212 Oct 9, 2013
oops not "feel so terrible". I meant to type "field available"
Snowcones or Corn

Whittier, CA

#3213 Oct 9, 2013
Why wrote:
the League Cup schedule has been posted. why are the games in San Bernardino ? especially if we or our opponent has an available home field? why do we have to go to San Bernardino to play against our neighboring Rangers when they have feel so terrible and so do we?
Good luck against the hated Rangers. You will give them a run for their money if they under estimate your team.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3214 Oct 9, 2013
Top players have personal trained trainers. Their focus should be the basics and proper technic under all situations and pressures. Way to many kids are "good" because they are more developed and an early age and latter when others catch up they lose that advantage
I train my team 3 times a week and that still isn't enough kids need that one on one time just like school
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3215 Oct 9, 2013
snow cones for league cup?
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3216 Oct 9, 2013
Davis wrote:
snow cones for league cup?
No, Churros are the award for League Cup.

But remember League Cup is not Spring Cup. 1st round games are
Bronze vs Bronze. Then group winner moves on the 2nd round games,
vs Silver and Silver Elite Division Champions. You win that then you meet the Gold teams.
Very hard road for even the best of teams.

(Spring was totally different, pools were made up of Bronze and Silver teams only. So a Bronze team can win a league cup without facing the Really good teams. Most Gold teams didn't participate, since they looked at Spring as training, development and retooling for the real season which is Fall.)

Having said that, I wish them all the luck. I predict 3 teams to get out of group play in League Cup.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3217 Oct 9, 2013
Why wrote:
League Cup is a tournament held during the season. Most games are held in SB to keep the site neutral. Too many teams have home refs.
Brea is one big example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 5 hr NOGALES Aves 1,763
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 5 hr O TOWN 1,137
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 28,494
Keeping La Mirada Cool (Dec '09) 8 hr oiny 10
La Mirada residential fire causes $10,000 damage 20 hr infirmer 3
SLAYER Guitarist, Jeff Hanneman, Passes Away At 49 (May '13) Fri happy 8
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) Fri ugh 24

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match