#3178 Oct 3, 2013
I was told that he was struck by a car while working
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3179 Oct 3, 2013
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3180 Oct 3, 2013
2013 44, of La Mirada, CA. Passed away on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 in Los Angeles, CA. Scott was born on November 17, 1968 in Monterey Park, CA. Scott was an intelligent, hard-working person who adored his daughters, lived life to the fullest, and was liked by most people he met. Scott was an electrician with IBEW Local Union 11 for over 22 years, and he was also credentialed facilitator and taught apprentices at the Electrical Training Trust, for many years. Scott recently achieved one of his goals; for many years Scott wanted to work for the city of Los Angeles and at the time of his death Scott was employed with the city of Los Angeles. He enjoyed spending time with his two daughters, playing golf, taking photos, riding motorcycles, and he loved listening to country music and odd jokes. Scott was active in youth soccer and coached for AYSO. He loved animals and from a young age always had pets of various sorts, from his first dog Kimmy to the most recent Yeller and Princess. Scott is survived by his loving father Frank, stepmother Mary Monzingo, and two daughters Kalie and Samantha. A Celebration of his life will take place at Cross and Crown Lutheran Church, 809 W. Beverly Blvd., Montebello, CA on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 11:00 am. Friends and Neighbors are welcome to pay their final respects to Scott beginning at 10:00 am. There will be a reception at the church at the conclusion of the Funeral Service, and all who attend are welcome to join the family at the reception. Private Family Interment will take place. .Published in the Los Angeles Times from October 3 to October 6, 2013
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#3181 Oct 3, 2013
walter white wrote:
when you really think about it, doubtful that any player learns much from a Bronze-looking-at-Gold standpoint. if the game is a rout, kids are frustrated and few will take anything positive from it. most are too immature to take it as a learning experience. it is the coach's ego that has the most to gain. he has nothing to lose and if his team somehow keeps it close, he will puff out his chest and tell all who will listen, "See what MY team did."
Totally disagree. Having been in that situation I know that kids may get a little pissed at the situation they admire and attempt to learn the skills the see.
Kids see what it takes and try harder. This is a first hand observation so I know what I am talking about.
boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3182 Oct 3, 2013
u13 has always been developing from the moment we went signature. always playing older and higher then where we were going teams. Its proven results for us look at us now. last season we were still signature but played up a year. We will be silver for a fact next season. So all ready as a coach i have to do what i think will benefit most our development. Thats my opinion. AC Brea Gold is proably the best team in the area great high level coach. He is a personal friend. we have played his teams numerous times and has only motivated and made them grow and train harder.....and we havnt been blown out!
3 to 0
3 to 1
3 to 2
5 to 1
thats vrs a team that will be premiere.
snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3183 Oct 4, 2013
Great local games back to back at Benton saturday starting with G14 at 9 AM. Followed by Boys U13 Snowcone still in play for the last two undefeated teams. both teams will be playing the second place team of their bracket. will it be corn or snowcone this weekend.
Oh andparents i need those cans an recycable bottles I want to start bringing Churros......with that money.
observer

Los Angeles, CA

#3184 Oct 4, 2013
boys u13 wrote:
u13 has always been developing from the moment we went signature. always playing older and higher then where we were going teams. Its proven results for us look at us now. last season we were still signature but played up a year. We will be silver for a fact next season. So all ready as a coach i have to do what i think will benefit most our development. Thats my opinion. AC Brea Gold is proably the best team in the area great high level coach. He is a personal friend. we have played his teams numerous times and has only motivated and made them grow and train harder.....and we havnt been blown out!
3 to 0
3 to 1
3 to 2
5 to 1
thats vrs a team that will be premiere.
Rumor has it That coach at Brea will be giving that team up next fall. He/ they might be looking for a replacement coach for that age. his pay is tempting to many . could it be by chance there is something other then the teams being looked at those games?
walter white

Covina, CA

#3185 Oct 4, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally disagree. Having been in that situation I know that kids may get a little pissed at the situation they admire and attempt to learn the skills the see.
Kids see what it takes and try harder. This is a first hand observation so I know what I am talking about.
I've neither been on a team nor coached a team that was on the receiving end of an arse-whipping, like the sort you'd see in a Gold v Bronze match. you've got me from that perspective. i have witnessed it from the sidelines while watching others, and i will stay with my assessment. kids standing around admiring the skills of the other team are usually the kids getting ran around by the kid(s) on their way to scoring another goal.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3186 Oct 4, 2013
walter white wrote:
<quoted text>
I've neither been on a team nor coached a team that was on the receiving end of an arse-whipping, like the sort you'd see in a Gold v Bronze match. you've got me from that perspective. i have witnessed it from the sidelines while watching others, and i will stay with my assessment. kids standing around admiring the skills of the other team are usually the kids getting ran around by the kid(s) on their way to scoring another goal.
If you step in the Bull Ring then expect to get hurt and learn what the bull does so it doesnt happen again!
Other coach

Whittier, CA

#3187 Oct 4, 2013
walter white wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the wrong kids playing for you then, I drop kids that lack the fight and will to win even if we are down by ten goals your kids must be in Rec. Soccer. Or are used to loosing. On The way up the level ladder you will see more and more drive determinaation and passionate players. I wont tell you who to play. but play a few teams higher then where you are, let the kids experience it first hand. And if your a good coach the score wont get out of hand.
Soccer Mom

La Habra, CA

#3188 Oct 5, 2013
I heard a former LMSA coach may join AC Brea's staff.
lmsa oldtimer

Los Angeles, CA

#3189 Oct 6, 2013
Soccer Mom wrote:
I heard a former LMSA coach may join AC Brea's staff.
Former or present after the season? has Matt Morris been recruiting at LMSA if he is looking for D lic. coaches the choices are few....
There are a few teams at AC BREA stuggling people wont pay the 1300.00 plus if they cant win or develop good teams or players
Snowcones or Corn

Whittier, CA

#3190 Oct 6, 2013
I think there is a better chance AC Brea players will leave to play LMSA for 700 dollars less for the fall season. There are a lot of good players that don't have the money they need to go to Brea. Why would they pay more for the same coaching they are getting now. Why would they drive 30 minutes to the other end of Brea for the same thing they get now. Who are the D coaches from LMSA. How are they doing in their divisions.
two cents in

Montebello, CA

#3191 Oct 6, 2013
Snowcones or Corn wrote:
I think there is a better chance AC Brea players will leave to play LMSA for 700 dollars less for the fall season. There are a lot of good players that don't have the money they need to go to Brea. Why would they pay more for the same coaching they are getting now. Why would they drive 30 minutes to the other end of Brea for the same thing they get now. Who are the D coaches from LMSA. How are they doing in their divisions.
two undefeated coaches D lic.?
If more kids come to lmsa from outside the city then possibly local kids get dropped. Wont be long before bargain shoppers make the swithch. Specialy if teams go silver.
question for bob

Whittier, CA

#3192 Oct 6, 2013
Our team is doing really bad and I think having two coaches has alot to do with it. What do you think about two coaches trying to coach one team. We are one hot mess. Our assistant coach has taken over and he is all about his daughter. We need help.
LM Soccer Lover

La Mirada, CA

#3193 Oct 6, 2013
Good games today at Benton. 2 wins and 1 tie.
Hard fought matches.
First time I have seen this team but the GU13 played the 1st place team in the division to a tie. Girls played hard, good job.

Raspberry though to the GU13 coach who should have been thrown out. Yelling like a madman. Embarrassed everyone on the LM side. Had no idea what offside was and was yelling directly at the young girl who was AR on his side.
He got yellow carded by the ref, and kept it down but he still constantly was belittling the officials through out the game.
LM girls were yelling at their parents to be quite. These parents were following the example of the coach.
This coach needs a talking to thats for sure.
LMSA dad

Compton, CA

#3194 Oct 6, 2013
lmsa oldtimer wrote:
<quoted text>
Former or present after the season? has Matt Morris been recruiting at LMSA if he is looking for D lic. coaches the choices are few....
There are a few teams at AC BREA stuggling people wont pay the 1300.00 plus if they cant win or develop good teams or players
Word was he was at the BU 13 game today along with a few from staff. Last place Brea playing first place LMSA BU13. Great job for our boy team to finish first round without a loss or tie. still sticking with them for the snowcone.
also saw a few parents from AC Brea talking with the LMSA coach.
LMSA dad

Compton, CA

#3195 Oct 7, 2013
question for bob wrote:
Our team is doing really bad and I think having two coaches has alot to do with it. What do you think about two coaches trying to coach one team. We are one hot mess. Our assistant coach has taken over and he is all about his daughter. We need help.
what age?
Rec?.....too many chiefs not enough indians.
team meeting parents and coaches. And A BOD member.
LMSA

Anaheim, CA

#3196 Oct 7, 2013
look at us now, as a club we are over 500.
Sure proud of all the teams i hope all the winning teams are playing league cup. thats the true test to see where you are in comparison to higher level clubs. It also a good precursor to state cup. Does anyone know if in league cup LMSA teams will have to stay with the 50 % play time Rule? playing against the cream of the crop teams with a few barely at bronze bench players is hard to match up with.
we're still transitioning over......
LM Club Mom

South Gate, CA

#3197 Oct 8, 2013
I don't think people are going to abandoning Brea for LM. Some of the rules that are in place for LM club hurts our chances to become a gold level club. Brea has camps and clinics with real trainers and former pkayers. Not some of our LMSA coaches who yell and scream at young referees. I was appalled by our coach on Sunday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 18 min CAVE Por Vida 13
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 22 min SGV 2,637
Cow Punches Woman In Los Angeles In Scene Caugh... 1 hr Blowron 3
Obama Pulls Head from Rear End, Sticks It Back In 1 hr Clitton 2
David Letterman's Face Infected With Wrinkles 1 hr The Pope and His ... 5
do you notice more black people in brea? 5 hr Needlemeyer 1
Master Kim 7 hr Master Kim 5
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE