Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

sad but true,
Poachers are always on the proul. Kids leave because of possible better training, play time, loosing consistently, financial issues, and as all will see talented players seek the talented clubs.....the "name" brand.
If LMSA coaching does not do their work in recruiting , developing, and dropping. they will miss the boat. These better teams loose the better players soon. the better the player the bigger his parents team expectations....
poor fools

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

The wishing well is all dried up for u12 and up.
All those talented kids that left pre coast times will not be returning. Local kids! Residents! Now what? develope what the well has to offer. Or lighten up on the residency Rule.
questio;
will LMSA keep tabs on minumum playing time in Coast?
reasoning to have weaker players develop, reality lighten your roster .......thats why we need some signature teams to back up the coast teams for the future. A and B team.....
New on Board

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

poor fools wrote:
All those talented kids that left pre coast times will not be returning. Local kids! Residents! Now what? develope what the well has to offer. Or lighten up on the residency Rule.
questio;
reasoning to have weaker players develop, reality lighten your roster .......thats why we need some signature teams to back up the coast teams for the future. A and B team.....
Like most rec programs it will mainly be up to the individual parents to police the sub policy.
First they go to the coach, then the Div Director then the board.
That's the way it has aways been.
Very few program s have the manpower to monitory every team
snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Its gona be a great wrekend of good teams playing our undefeated team. Some have to step it up if they want to still get a snow cone...
by monday one of the snow cone will melt.
and then there was three undefeated teams.
bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

poor fools wrote:
questio;
The quantity of player3 aren't there. We are playing the same team 3 times in u12 so there can't be a signature team added. The LM kid population will need to boom with more players in this age group to have both programs. Parents don't want to travel with their 10 and 11 year olds. They want to stay at the same field as their other children. So those players returning from other clubs will have to go back to rec. if they aren't good enough for the club teams.
bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

We have a premier player on the GU19 team and they haven't won a game in the lowest division. You would think that a true premier player would dominate at this level with the superior training and talent they must have.
What it shows is that it takes a team to win even at these levels. So many players can play with higher level teams but most will not stand out just like most don't stand out right now. I don't see 20,000 California Club players with scholarships. It is not guaranteed just because your daddy tells someone you are the best.
LM Resident

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

What player is that ?
I have seen the U19 Girls team and it has 2 really good standout players.
The GK and the Leftside defender,(from the LM GK)

The GK has saved dozens of shots on goal from attacks down the middle and from the right side (of the GK).
But she couldn't stop everything, no Gk can. And the Leftside defender is able to stop every attack on that side. But she can only stop one side.
Once teams figure out LM's weakness they adjust.
That's soccer.

These 2 girls are awesome.

BUT teams can't win if they can't score.
snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Does that u19 coach really get paid? I think for what they pay a HS coach to train them i can find three impact players on my snowcone rout in norwalk. I dont believe a paid coach is stuggling for a win after 4/5 games. personally im not hearing good things about that team in regards to development. With respect ...maybe he can get one of the trainers the LMSA Teams are using....
LM Resident

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Its not a bad team. Most of the girls are not seniors so they are playing up,(U19).
Thier defense is decent, considering they are playing girls who are usually older, and have played together for a while.

They are learning control and movement. They just have no natural scorers, and no speed up top.
Hence the lack of goals.

But they are learning the Varsity Coach's style of play which will help them in their quest to make Varsity, which is the whole reason for this team's existence.
LMSA Parent

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

snowcone man wrote:
Does that u19 coach really get paid? I think for what they pay a HS coach to train them i can find three impact players on my snowcone rout in norwalk. I dont believe a paid coach is stuggling for a win after 4/5 games. personally im not hearing good things about that team in regards to development. With respect ...maybe he can get one of the trainers the LMSA Teams are using....
Yes the coach is getting paid.
LMSA Grapevine

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

LM Resident wrote:
Its not a bad team. Most of the girls are not seniors so they are playing up,(U19).
Thier defense is decent, considering they are playing girls who are usually older, and have played together for a while.
They are learning control and movement. They just have no natural scorers, and no speed up top.
Hence the lack of goals.
But they are learning the Varsity Coach's style of play which will help them in their quest to make Varsity, which is the whole reason for this team's existence.
But is he getting paid?
theres a team that will probably win u14 Coast Premiere bracke that are u 13.....when you good your good.
walter white

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Nice Albert. Next to last and 9 (!) cards already through five games. you are supposed to PRO-gress, not RE-gress on a yearly basis. what a waste of some talented kids from LMSA. Some of these kids showed promise at U9. How could you do this to these young men and their families?
LMSA Grapevine

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

walter white wrote:
Nice Albert. Next to last and 9 (!) cards already through five games. you are supposed to PRO-gress, not RE-gress on a yearly basis. what a waste of some talented kids from LMSA. Some of these kids showed promise at U9. How could you do this to these young men and their families?
What is it about that man?
and hes on the board at xplosion getting fines for behavioral issues, his reputation of not a great coach but the most dirty team in the area F bombs from the kids..the proof is in the pudding. Parents your in the cellar w/ that many cards...
come on those that can read english run, it wont be long before the basket of apples get spoiled. MY SON PLAY THERE NOT A CHANCE !
what can he learn physical soccer? dirty and physical are diferent. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree....its your kid not mine i have choices.
LMSA New

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

LMSA Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it about that man?
and hes on the board at xplosion getting fines for behavioral issues, his reputation of not a great coach but the most dirty team in the area F bombs from the kids..the proof is in the pudding. Parents your in the cellar w/ that many cards...
come on those that can read english run, it wont be long before the basket of apples get spoiled. MY SON P
LAY THERE NOT A CHANCE !
what can he learn physical soccer? dirty and physical are diferent. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree....its your kid not mine i have choices.
LMSA IS JUST A CLEANER ENVIROMENT ALL AROUND.
Thats why we are here now.
new club parent

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Looking at this blog from lmsa, I find it funny that people would know what another club from another city is doing. Most don't even know their neighbors.
Traveler

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

We are all one big community
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

LMSA Boys U13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Corinthians is also undefeated they are the leading goal scorers of the bracket, They will be playing Boys U13 who has aloud the least goals of the bracket. First place up for grab this weekend. Home game for LMSA, Behringer home field advantage...lol
I like defense over offense on this one, We win 3 to 0.
Yeah those kids are the real deal in bronze no lack of concentration they will definatly be recieving a snow cone. We watched them win there fourth game this afternoon.
bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

bobby is the winner. two more teams fall for the first time. I bet a lot of other club teams would like to have said that. 4-5 games without losing.
bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah those kids are the real deal in bronze no lack of concentration they will definatly be recieving a snow cone. We watched them win there fourth game this afternoon.
They had harder games in Signature. Why oh why do parents spend that kind of money and get less than Signature coaching and playing ability.
soccer dad 99

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

The boys U13 team is not the same team that played signature. They have evolved into the team they are now. Picked up some new players with speed and continue to develop the players they had. Making the round of 16 at state cup was an outstanding accomplishment. So far it looks promising, but it is still too early to tell. I hope they keep it up. Good Luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,101 - 3,120 of4,793
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
gangs of Bolen Parka (Sep '12) 32 min KINGS GANG 113
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 2 hr Vanilla Killa 1,733
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Changes 200,321
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) 3 hr Bikramprasad100 705
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 4 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 8 hr tucame 2
Imperial/Telegraph car wash sold. McDonald's mo... (Sep '13) 8 hr canwecabo 17
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••