LM-Los Nietos Parent

Palm Desert, CA

#3097 Sep 20, 2013
Its called home field advantage for Xplosion.
LM teams are gonna have a tough time there. They are use to the big/wide fields. Where then can move the ball around and control the game.

Can't wait to see the LM/Xplosion games.
bronze

Foothill Ranch, CA

#3099 Sep 20, 2013
He has 2-3 left. The problem for him is that no one will take his son because he comes with him.
other coach

West Covina, CA

#3100 Sep 20, 2013
YUP! kids that bring luggage are a nightmare. I have had a few in the past. Im so happy to sail on peaceful seas now, could it be that Xplosion covers talented kids fees? I know other teams that do. Its just more prevalent in higher levels. Maybe Thats why kids stay with him?
bronze

Foothill Ranch, CA

#3101 Sep 20, 2013
1st thing is the remaining parents would have to,cover the fees. Coach and managers kids okay for little cost unlike lmsa where everyone is equal. That is true volunteering. But they feel it is owed to them.
Xplosion

Mililani, HI

#3102 Sep 20, 2013
bronze wrote:
1st thing is the remaining parents would have to,cover the fees. Coach and managers kids okay for little cost unlike lmsa where everyone is equal. That is true volunteering. But they feel it is owed to them.
No, Xplosion doesn't cover any players fees. Yes, Xplosion, like LMSA is run by volunteers. Only trainers get paid and thats up to the team to decide how costly a trainer they want. And lastly, maybe families stay at Xplosion because they like it, not because their kid is getting Club Sponsorship. Different strokes for different folks. We can respect  freedom of choice.
bronze

Los Angeles, CA

#3103 Sep 20, 2013
Los Nietos belongs to another club
Snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3104 Sep 21, 2013
Finally great soccer weather, Gu 19 possibly dropping out of the snow cone race this Sunday. PLAYING A VERY GOOD TEAM. All others should be ok......anyone know when Behhringer North will open for practicing?
LMSA Parent

Buena Park, CA

#3105 Sep 21, 2013
Snowcone man wrote:
Finally great soccer weather, Gu 19 possibly dropping out of the snow cone race this Sunday. PLAYING A VERY GOOD TEAM. All others should be ok......anyone know when Behhringer North will open for practicing?
Why. You want to sell snow cones on the north field.
Davis

Orange, CA

#3106 Sep 21, 2013
explosion field layout now is running east to west so much bigger then before but still a poor field, not really a home field advantage because you can't pass without the ball bouncing everywhere need to play over the top and run on to

WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE FIELDS WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ONE GOOD AWAY FIELD YET
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3107 Sep 21, 2013
Snowcone man wrote:
I think you might be in for a surprise. They have played and tied 4 teams with 8 wins between them. All of them higher in their bracket.

After CUSC they start playing teams who are below them and 6 of them have less than 1 win each, 4 have 0.

Thats the thing about bracket play. You play to win or tie the strong teams and beat up on the weaker teams.

GU19 is actually is a great position to make a run on the title.
bronze

Whittier, CA

#3108 Sep 22, 2013
Snowcone man wrote:
After football season just like every other year. Use Los Coyotes.
Snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3109 Sep 22, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might be in for a surprise. They have played and tied 4 teams with 8 wins between them. All of them higher in their bracket.
After CUSC they start playing teams who are below them and 6 of them have less than 1 win each, 4 have 0.
Thats the thing about bracket play. You play to win or tie the strong teams and beat up on the weaker teams.
lets hope so, i have the ice still shaved for 5 teams, 4/5 won yesterday......
Now every team in your bracket want to beat and knock off the first and more so the undefeated teams...
focus and consistency is the name of the game now.....if not a team at the bottom of the barrel can surprise you!
Boys 13
Girls 14
my prediction.....

teams dont play to tie theyplay to win and hope to tie....
LMSA parent

Mililani, HI

#3110 Sep 22, 2013
Davis wrote:
explosion field layout now is running east to west so much bigger then before but still a poor field, not really a home field advantage because you can't pass without the ball bouncing everywhere need to play over the top and run on to
WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE FIELDS WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ONE GOOD AWAY FIELD YET
I saw plenty of passing this weekend from many teams. My boys pass the ball around plenty. Give Behringer a couple months and the fields will be as jacked up as Aeolian. Understand that Aeolian gets used year round by many teams...including LMSA.
Snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3111 Sep 22, 2013
and then there were four.......
LMSA Parent

Buena Park, CA

#3112 Sep 22, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me!!! I went to go see their game today and from what I saw, they don't have a chance. These girls don't even know how to pass the ball to each other. The coach on this team is getting payed to train these girls the game of soccer. If I were a parent of one of the girls on this team, I would be asking for a REFUND. This coach/trainer is rip off...
Snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3113 Sep 22, 2013
LMSA Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me!!! I went to go see their game today and from what I saw, they don't have a chance. These girls don't even know how to pass the ball to each other. The coach on this team is getting payed to train these girls the game of soccer. If I were a parent of one of the girls on this team, I would be asking for a REFUND. This coach/trainer is rip off...
How can it be that this trainer gets paid? as a coach.
i wont jump ship yet....but he has not won a game yet..Team could be in developmental stage.....but at this age they should have it. A good paid coach shouldnt be struggling for a win. Sounds like they cant even string a few passes together....Oh no. No free snowcone for paid coaching! i might give him an old corn on a stick for his stuggles. but a wheel fell off my cart.....im broke till October but i can coach for money.
Snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3114 Sep 22, 2013
no big deal no ones ever asked for a food handlers permit, but can assure you i have a D rating from the health dept....isnt that what they want to coach club league lmsa?
Soccer Dad

Orange, CA

#3115 Sep 22, 2013
The LMHS girls team has been playing kick ball soccer for years. All they have to show for their history is 1 CIF co-championship. Which was led by a National ODP player. All the talent that has been through that's all they have. Compare that to Sunny Hills which has dominated CIF year in and year out with great coaching and playing style.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3116 Sep 23, 2013
some of these undefeated teams will be tested in their next 2,3 games. We dont make it to games other then our own kids games. Although lately i have been sticking around to watch a few teams with undefeated records to see them play....i like what i see.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#3117 Sep 23, 2013
Don't miss understand me, we passed the ball around but it wasn't rolling. The condition of the field influenced the game for both teams, yes maybe the home team has an advantage because they know the field quirts but home field advantage it about making the field play a certain way -longer grass narrower field Etc.- this field is like it because who ever takes care of it doesn't care, like the people that made Benton nice. when the kids are afraid to play the ball back because the supporting player may not be able handle a bouncing ball under pressure that is a problem. Behringer will never be like Aeolian the city takes good care of it.
OBTW every away field that we have played so far has been like this and it is such a same that the kids any kid has to play on such poor fields.

IMHO
LMSA parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw plenty of passing this weekend from many teams. My boys pass the ball around plenty. Give Behringer a couple months and the fields will be as jacked up as Aeolian. Understand that Aeolian gets used year round by many teams...including LMSA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 55 min Neighborhood Watc... 2,753
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 32,293
Does tuttle turd have a man crush? 6 hr BPCA Founder 2
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 10 hr vic 81
Real Men Don't DO Illegal and Wrong Things to S... 12 hr Wimp Forever 7
Nancy Hutar files Sexual Harassment Charges on ... 12 hr It is True 2
News Gypsy thieves strike again in West Covina (Nov '08) 19 hr nicey 362

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages