New club parent

Downey, CA

#2976 Sep 3, 2013
Why are our away games so far away, how come we are not playing any teams that we know locally? Who picks which area we play?
Club Coaching

Pacoima, CA

#2977 Sep 3, 2013
New club parent wrote:
Why are our away games so far away, how come we are not playing any teams that we know locally? Who picks which area we play?
welcome to club. Its based on area/region.
New club parent

Downey, CA

#2978 Sep 3, 2013
Yeah,thats what im wondering,there are plenty other regions/areas closer than the one we were put into. Who picks?
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2979 Sep 3, 2013
BU13 is playing almost all local teams.
Its just the luck of the draw.
New club parent

Downey, CA

#2980 Sep 3, 2013
Now im thinking...is our coach a chickenshit that doesnt want to play or lose to any local teams..is that possible?
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#2981 Sep 3, 2013
The girls u19 playing in silver elite...are the all playing up a year? i heard theyre very young ?
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#2982 Sep 3, 2013
New club parent wrote:
Now im thinking...is our coach a chickenshit that doesnt want to play or lose to any local teams..is that possible?
your not saying much about the confidence and expectations of your coach and team. we play where your placed. Playing and loosing to a crosstown rival is never fun. That leads to the following who are our rivals? certain age have certain teams as rivals..if you ask Bob i would think its xplosion. Some say Rangers or strikers. You think your coach is chicken?....of what team? I dont know of one coach not ready to play any team. The wait is over lets play.....So i know LMSA has A seven goal difference restriction what is it in club or signature?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2983 Sep 4, 2013
What age?
New club parent wrote:
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2984 Sep 4, 2013
Really thats what you think of your coach you better start looking for a new team because you are never going to be happy here.
make a comment without even whating for anyone to responde to your first one.
New club parent wrote:
u 13 lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2985 Sep 4, 2013
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
your not saying much about the confidence and expectations of your coach and team. we play where your placed. Playing and loosing to a crosstown rival is never fun. That leads to the following who are our rivals? certain age have certain teams as rivals..if you ask Bob i would think its xplosion. Some say Rangers or strikers. You think your coach is chicken?....of what team? I dont know of one coach not ready to play any team. The wait is over lets play.....So i know LMSA has A seven goal difference restriction what is it in club or signature?
after five goals we normally shut it down.its a coach thing but kids dont know better. If it was up to them it would be ten.I know our coach has no problem with it run up on him. Hasnt happened yet.4 to 0.worst loss to a championship older team. His adjustments happen w in first ten minutes. It also helps to have players in the back that could play gold level. we know theres an interest from other clubs in a few of our boys.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2986 Sep 4, 2013
To me I think rivalry are team based we don't play Strikers -which we beat in spring cup- or Fullerton so they don't mean anything to us. But if you ask the girls they want to play AC Brea again so bad REALLY if we played just one game they would say AC Brea, they think that they are well I won't go there
Also we won't go back the the Brea Kickoff tournament because of the poor fields that they made us play on and their home team always played on the better fields. Teams that get to pick where they play shouldn't be treated so poorly IMHO
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
714soccerdad

Placentia, CA

#2987 Sep 4, 2013
New club parent wrote:
For what specific team are you referring to? Club soccer required more travel, it is just part of playing at that level.
If you look at the G10 playing in Silver North. LMSA is the South most team. If they were playing in Silver South (the only other silver bracket) with Local teams Brea & Fullerton you would be traveling mostly east. 4 of 8 teams are from IE area.
It looks La Mirada is the southern border and Brea the northern border for their brackets. If there were more teams playing GU10 silver there might be less travel, but there are not.
Look at GU16 Gold bracket you are driving from Simi Valley to San Diego and areas in between. Its not always enjoyable, who wants to play in Simi Valley in 100+ heat? but San Diego games are not always bad. It is just part of "club" soccer.
I don't know how much influence a coach or even club director have in the process that Coast soccer controls. LMSA does have some control over if teams play bronze/ silver / silver elite, but not silver north, Silver south.
714soccerdad

Placentia, CA

#2988 Sep 4, 2013
New club parent wrote:
Is it be better to drive to Oxnard, simi valley Or San Diego to lose?
Those areas usually have stronger teams than the local "rival" teams named. I would rather have a 15 min. drive home than a 2 hour drive home, stewing over the mistakes your coach has made.
The season hasn't even started and you already think of your coach in this regard? I'm afraid its going to be a long season for you.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2989 Sep 4, 2013
Just to add Lmsa doesn't have any control or say over what level or what bracket teams play, unlike SCDSL where the doc picks where teams play CSL you have to earn your level. CSL does try to keep teams together based on local new team have to take what they get.
BTW the Gu10 earned there silver based on what they have done winning spring cup was HUGE

editorial this is why I think CSL is better, teams earn there way SCDSL teams are moved so trainers can get paid better. Example if you have a tier 2 team that SHOULD carry some weight so those trainers can charge more, has nothing to do with whether the team deserves it or not. More the main reason that the new league was created was to have better control over money . CSL does charge a lot of money for what may look like not much in return so some got together and said we can do that and keep the money for our self's IMHO
If they took the "D" out of there name then they wouldn't misleading everyone
714soccerdad wrote:
<quoted text>
For what specific team are you referring to? Club soccer required more travel, it is just part of playing at that level.
If you look at the G10 playing in Silver North. LMSA is the South most team. If they were playing in Silver South (the only other silver bracket) with Local teams Brea & Fullerton you would be traveling mostly east. 4 of 8 teams are from IE area.
It looks La Mirada is the southern border and Brea the northern border for their brackets. If there were more teams playing GU10 silver there might be less travel, but there are not.
Look at GU16 Gold bracket you are driving from Simi Valley to San Diego and areas in between. Its not always enjoyable, who wants to play in Simi Valley in 100+ heat? but San Diego games are not always bad. It is just part of "club" soccer.
I don't know how much influence a coach or even club director have in the process that Coast soccer controls. LMSA does have some control over if teams play bronze/ silver / silver elite, but not silver north, Silver south.
Retention

Whittier, CA

#2990 Sep 4, 2013
gu10 petitioned to play Silver creating the added travel. They could have played bronze but they felt it was beneath them so if you are one of the parents on that team this was your choice. No one to blame but at least realize this was your decision to skip bronze your first year. More teams are being able to do this so hopefully it doesn't hurt your teams going into next season. It is easier to stay silver than to be promoted up so with a respectable showing maybe next year you can travel south instead of north.

Los Angeles is considered north or west in most csl brackets. maybe if we move our city into the oc we can play in the south bracket. Whether we like it or not we are LA
LMSA Club Parent

Orange, CA

#2991 Sep 4, 2013
How does Davis get to decide where we play? For one we want to continue playing at Brea. Its 5 minuets away and great competition. Who cares what field we play on? If LMSA had a tournament they would put LMSA on the good fields. Its a great local tournament that we should support!
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2992 Sep 5, 2013
Its only a crappy field and tournament when you dont win on it. i thought it would be played at the complex. Its a bit cheaper then the other tournaments its local. The competition s improving, but if games are there or at Tamarack im out!
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2993 Sep 5, 2013
WTHech are you talking about WE my team take a chill pill
Crappy fields are crappy fields I saw girls from the another team twist her ankle just running the field and had to be carried off
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2994 Sep 5, 2013
Why would you say it was beneath them?? They earned it plain and simple!
How are more teams being able to do this, when we looked at it silver opens up at U10 so teams that have the pedigree to justify the move do so just that simple not beneath them again they earned it.
Bracketing is done based on local of group of the teams not the city or county
Retention wrote:
gu10 petitioned to play Silver creating the added travel. They could have played bronze but they felt it was beneath them so if you are one of the parents on that team this was your choice. No one to blame but at least realize this was your decision to skip bronze your first year. More teams are being able to do this so hopefully it doesn't hurt your teams going into next season. It is easier to stay silver than to be promoted up so with a respectable showing maybe next year you can travel south instead of north.
Los Angeles is considered north or west in most csl brackets. maybe if we move our city into the oc we can play in the south bracket. Whether we like it or not we are LA
boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#2995 Sep 5, 2013
u13 boys played there. on upper field it was bad. We were supposed to play semi final game on the lower field that was nicer but because of the standings in brackets we were switched the last minute and local ac brea got the lower field.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Chosen Traveler 35,804
News Sheriff's deputies arrest two after high-speed ... (Sep '10) Mon Stand up for kids 24
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Mon Lontae Sims 39
News Beltran gets life sentence (Apr '09) Mon Kat 444
tragedy el monte high (Apr '06) Mon Brent F 106
News Liking Parnell Park (May '08) Sun Amyk819 42
News El Monte man held in stabbing of girlfriend (Feb '10) Apr 22 Bee 8

Rowland Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages