LMSA Club Parent

South Gate, CA

#2954 Aug 30, 2013
bronze wrote:
If you have 10 club teams with 150 players you could increase the fees by $150 ea to pay a DOC. I think everyone will be happy to pay that to hire trainers at another added cost to each player.
That is the best idea on this blog! I would vote 100% for this idea. I would like to see someone else train my girls team a few nights. But our coach thinks he knows everything. Guy has never played competitive soccer in his life, not even sure he has played any soccer. Let's go LMSA make it happen.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2955 Aug 30, 2013
we can't give a field for just scrimmages fields are open to all teams.
Coach lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
like i said i asked for nothing but to have a location to play a scrimmage. You think i dont know the time and work involved? you cant mark a field anyways if your not gona be allowed scrimmaging on it. You want volunteers delegate each teams to mark fields thruout the season.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2956 Aug 30, 2013
Brings up a good debate-this debate has gone on for decades- to be a good coach/trainer MUST you have played if so what level and what age. Would adult league be enough, Ayso as a kid with a dad coach, HS with a teacher coach or gold level club from back in the day that was a dad coach or must you have had a paid trainer back then. What level past to what level now and age? What about "A" Lic trainers that haven't played are they not of value.
Can a coach learn on the job so to speak?
Define competitive soccer?
Is he getting the job done? Do you think that your daughter could be better and it's him holding her back?
Just to say that they haven't played IMHO doesn't disqualify them as a good coach. And if you aren't if they ever played before how do you know that it was competitive soccer?
Not trying to start a fight but comment thats aren't real don't add value, If you were to say my coach doesn't work both side of the ball and my daughter isn't get that training or my daughter isn't getting enough touches on the ball, he doesn't teach skills spends to much time scrimmaging, stuff like that then we can work on the but just to say that "I don't know if he ever played" so he can't get the job done doesn't work, what is it he isn't doing?

BTW how's your team looking?

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK
LMSA Club Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the best idea on this blog! I would vote 100% for this idea. I would like to see someone else train my girls team a few nights. But our coach thinks he knows everything. Guy has never played competitive soccer in his life, not even sure he has played any soccer. Let's go LMSA make it happen.
Trainers

Long Beach, CA

#2957 Aug 30, 2013
LMSA Club Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other parents need to talk to your coach. Even if the coach is good at what he does he needs to understand that a different perspective is good for the players.

Teams are using outside trainers to make their players better are GU10, GU11, GU14, BU10 & BU11 and the parents seem willing to pay for the added insight.
Trainers

Long Beach, CA

#2958 Aug 30, 2013
The cost is on the indidual parent or team. You as a parent can pay for a personal of group trainer to make your daughter a better player and some do that. Training 11-15 players at one time is not personal so if you really cared you would talk the step for your child. Either way you are going to pay the bill. If you don't like the training your coach is giving for free you do have the option to go somewhere else to play and pay for the trainer, DOC, the Premier team and whatever else the big guys are covering with you money. somehow that gets forgotten. If you feel you are getting value here, stay. If not leave. See ya later. No club or league wlll make everyone happy.
Trainers

Long Beach, CA

#2959 Aug 30, 2013
Davis wrote:
Brings up a good debate-this debate has gone on for decades- to be a good coach/trainer MUST you have played if so what level and what age. Would adult league be enough, Ayso as a kid with a dad coach, HS with a teacher coach or gold level club from back in the day that was a dad coach or must you have had a paid trainer back then. What level past to what level now and age? What about "A" Lic trainers that haven't played are they not of value.
Can a coach learn on the job so to speak?
Define competitive soccer?
Is he getting the job done? Do you think that your daughter could be better and it's him holding her back?
Just to say that they haven't played IMHO doesn't disqualify them as a good coach. And if you aren't if they ever played before how do you know that it was competitive soccer?
Not trying to start a fight but comment thats aren't real don't add value, If you were to say my coach doesn't work both side of the ball and my daughter isn't get that training or my daughter isn't getting enough touches on the ball, he doesn't teach skills spends to much time scrimmaging, stuff like that then we can work on the but just to say that "I don't know if he ever played" so he can't get the job done doesn't work, what is it he isn't doing?
BTW how's your team looking?
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK
<quoted text>
Each team and the parents have the right to decide what is best for them. Almost like a Democracy. I guess that is bad. One parent can't dictate to the group and spend everyones money. They will be the first to leave anyway.
Coach lmsa

Compton, CA

#2960 Aug 30, 2013
Trainers wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other parents need to talk to your coach. Even if the coach is good at what he does he needs to understand that a different perspective is good for the players.
Teams are using outside trainers to make their players better are GU10, GU11, GU14, BU10 & BU11 and the parents seem willing to pay for the added insight.
wow that many teams....
who are they and how much are they getting paid?
There are good ones and bad ones just like coaches. I know one that is probably the best in the area. Hands Down. if your willing to pay. But the fruits of their works wont happen in a few weeks.
Some trainers need to be more age appropriate to how they train these teams. A good trainer will attend games and make a different development program for each team. each team is unique to playing needs....
LMSA Parent

Buena Park, CA

#2961 Aug 30, 2013
Coach lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
like i said i asked for nothing but to have a location to play a scrimmage. You think i dont know the time and work involved? you cant mark a field anyways if your not gona be allowed scrimmaging on it. You want volunteers delegate each teams to mark fields thruout the season.
Well the moment LMSA has asked for volunteers in the past from each each, no one steps up!!!! So I'm really hoping LMSA delegates each coach next time, Maybe you step up Coach!!!!
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#2962 Aug 30, 2013
Totally agree about age appropriate training to many coaches not here aren't working the basic's enough and jump past that for quick win IMHO
there was talk about having dif coaches working with dif teams once in a while but if there isn't a plan then it could end up being a waste of time. If we could have a skills night age appro. for the competitive teams that could work
Somehow the trainer needs to be at games or the coach's need to be able to articulate to the trainer what went good and what needs work. The trainer needs to have broad knowledge and in different age and focuses, some are better on one side of the ball then the other.
I know that my girls ask me when the Galaxy coaches are coming back but that is a whole different issue LOL
Coach lmsa wrote:
<quoted text> wow that many teams....
who are they and how much are they getting paid?
There are good ones and bad ones just like coaches. I know one that is probably the best in the area. Hands Down. if your willing to pay. But the fruits of their works wont happen in a few weeks.
Some trainers need to be more age appropriate to how they train these teams. A good trainer will attend games and make a different development program for each team. each team is unique to playing needs....
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#2963 Aug 30, 2013
I can't hear, have no short term memory, see or stand but I can read this ??

Here's another trick by Doctor Dementia to test your skills....

I've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is the first time I've seen it with numbers. Good example of a Brain Study: If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.

7H15 M3554G3
53RV35 7O PR0V3
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3
Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY
W17H 0U7 3V3N
7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY
C3R741N P30PL3 C4N
R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends with 'yes' in the subject line. Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can read this, you have a strange mind, too.

Can you read this? Only 55 people out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

If you can raed this frowrad it.
Dad lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2964 Aug 30, 2013
Any Teams playing any tournaments this weekend.
Boys 2000 playing a round robin in anahiem. Any other teams involved in games?
LMSA New

Los Angeles, CA

#2965 Sep 1, 2013
Why hasn't the boys side evolved and offer more club level teams. One Club team age 14 is that it? I see the schools and parks full of boys practicing in La Mirada. Are there othrr club teams in the city for boys that have more ages for boys offered?
Soccer dad 99

La Palma, CA

#2966 Sep 1, 2013
You might say the situation in la mirada is kind of unique.we have three levels of play in la mirada. Rec play if your child is new or just wants to have fun. Signature play if you want to step it up a level, more competitive, some travel. More skills necessary. Third is club level this is new to LaMirada. Developed in order to keep home grown talent in la mirada and compete at the higher levels. So if your child wants to play decide what fits and have fun.
LMSA

Compton, CA

#2967 Sep 1, 2013
LMSA New wrote:
Why hasn't the boys side evolved and offer more club level teams. One Club team age 14 is that it? I see the schools and parks full of boys practicing in La Mirada. Are there othrr club teams in the city for boys that have more ages for boys offered?
LMSA only offers club for u13 boys, soon some of the other boys teams might be transitioning over. if your child is looking for this level feel free to contact a coach info is on website. The web site is wrong u14 is signatures u13 is Coast (club level). Girls do have all the ages covered in club. All LMSA team are very respectable talented teams....for the price.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#2968 Sep 2, 2013
Just to claifify each team had a choice of where to play, whether it be Sig or CSL. the girls side was more ready then the boys because they haven't lost as many club ready players over the past few seasons.
Hopefully it will change on the boys side for next season we have a wonderful program and many -hopefully- will come back

just
LMSA

Compton, CA

#2969 Sep 2, 2013
LMSA New wrote:
Our boys side has suffered with the departure of players from the ages of u 12's and up. They have left in groups or individuals to surrounding clubs including the boys U13 team. But its strength is in the coaching. Developing players is a task without proper leadership and knowledge. Honestly i dont believe the league will produce any boys team in club level for ages u12 and up. We will be evolving into a club style program but with signature restrictions. first is Residency rule and two minumum playing time.
LMSA

Compton, CA

#2970 Sep 2, 2013
Those players that are gone will not be returning because there is still no club team for them to return to. Hopefully our Boys u13 will do well to pave a way and open the interest of players with talent from the younger ages to stay.
Retention

Whittier, CA

#2971 Sep 2, 2013
Part of keeping and retaining La Mirada players is the 50% play rule. One of the big reasons for turnover is kids not playing. Kids not playing means kids are not developing. Training and practices are great but you learn more in the game than at practice. Practice should be used to work on weaknesses that are seen in the game play now that the season is stating. Use what you started with individual training in June, July and August and now put game situation and lessons to the front. You have had three months of skills work now lets compete.

Remember it is not about the ego of the coaches but it is about the La Mirada program for local players. The residency rule is good or we will have to change our manes to Pico Pride.

AYSO put together their club program and play in CSL as well. Total fees 600.00 including tournaments and the same rules LMSA has. 50% play time and regional participation. They have made this work. Player developments key is play time. LMSA does not carry players to cover the cost of other players and not play them.

How is this a bad thing for the Players? Maybe for the coaches ego but not the players. If one or two games are not won during the season then so be it as long as they develop.

Keep the residency, keep the playing time rules.
If a cosch leaves so he can have 50% non residents then he is not taking La Mirada players anyway. Good bye.
Retention

Whittier, CA

#2972 Sep 2, 2013
LMSA wrote:
Those players that are gone will not be returning because there is still no club team for them to return to. Hopefully our Boys u13 will do well to pave a way and open the interest of players with talent from the younger ages to stay.
If they came back then they would have played in CSL. Teams made their decisions based on the players that they had at tryouts. something to think about, the club bronze, tier 3 teams are not better than the mid-level and higher Signature teams. I know it isn't prestigious to play signature but the competition is still good at a majority of the games. As teams get older at club level the top talent is already in Tier 1, silver elite or higher and not in Bronze and Silver.
Retention

Whittier, CA

#2973 Sep 2, 2013
One more thing. With 3-4 key quick smart Players and a top goal keeper you can have a team at this level also with support players that would play the same role of lower teams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Band director accused of rape (Jul '08) 1 hr to steven sucks d... 530
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 1 hr Tony 131
Why Taylor and Pacheco Causing Internal Problem... 2 hr Really 13
Why is Catholic Church Allowing a Liar /Womaniz... 6 hr Remove 10
Taylor Hires California Consultants Bad Decision 6 hr No Brainer 1
Lozano's Two Brothers Busted again for Drugs 7 hr Lozano Dirty 2
Baldwin Park City Attorney Robert Tafoya Loses ... (Sep '14) 7 hr Oh Yes 8

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at March 28 at 3:07PM PDT

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]