Davis

La Habra, CA

#2895 Aug 25, 2013
The goal is always have the most quaified coach take the team, meaning the one that can make them better players
My though about having the coaches take the D is that is opens their eyes as to how much there really is out there to learn and understand so many ways to do so.

IMHO
LM Resident

La Mirada, CA

#2896 Aug 25, 2013
Poor Xplosion BU14, lost to a BU13 team in the AC Brea Cup finals.
Good run to the finals but to lose to group of boys ALL a year younger than your boys. Bit of an aftertaste to that silver medal.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2897 Aug 26, 2013
AC Brea tournamenits either had better teams participate or lmsa teams have gotten weaker. Alll teams had a weak showing coming back empty. Last year i believe two team came home with medals.
A semi final was best showing this year.....again the idea of having only one bracket per age and open to all levels. Makes team struggle. Girls u13 did have a two tier bracket.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2898 Aug 26, 2013
lmsa wrote:
AC Brea tournamenits either had better teams participate or lmsa teams have gotten weaker. Alll teams had a weak showing coming back empty. Last year i believe two team came home with medals.
A semi final was best showing this year.....again the idea of having only one bracket per age and open to all levels. Makes team struggle. Girls u13 did have a two tier bracket.
4-7 and 3....not a good result for that tournament.Below 500. boys U 12 played as signature. they went 1 and 2. speaking of signature what is happening with the boys u14. Does LMSA have one? No news of them anywhere. Now with the addition of these more educated D lic. coaches teams will improve.
Other Coach

La Mirada, CA

#2900 Aug 26, 2013
D lic. Does not assure you of championships, It provides coaching with more knowledge and ways to develop their players.
keep in mind there is a ton of coaches without D lic doing something correct and winning. aswell as there are D lic coaches not doing the same.
Books Manuels lecture and so on Are great tools. So If you know how to develop soccer players then surely they will win? DEVELOPED SOCCER PLAYERS WIN! If after a full year with a team and kids are stagnant something isn't correct. Is it the kids or the coaching?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2901 Aug 26, 2013
Really, here we go again your kids will go to college to get smarter but you won't take a class to learn something really sad
What are you afraid of, being better, learning, or realizing that you don't know everything
Other Coach wrote:
D lic. Does not assure you of championships, It provides coaching with more knowledge and ways to develop their players.
keep in mind there is a ton of coaches without D lic doing something correct and winning. aswell as there are D lic coaches not doing the same.
Books Manuels lecture and so on Are great tools. So If you know how to develop soccer players then surely they will win? DEVELOPED SOCCER PLAYERS WIN! If after a full year with a team and kids are stagnant something isn't correct. Is it the kids or the coaching?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2902 Aug 26, 2013
And to those that just don't take the time to do any research, last year most of the teams played in the rec bracket this year not.
As for my team we played great beat the team we should have and gave the others all they could handle SO VERY PROUD and as you all are going to jump on this get some facts before you waste more of my time
confused

United States

#2903 Aug 26, 2013
LM Resident wrote:
Poor Xplosion BU14, lost to a BU13 team in the AC Brea Cup finals.
Good run to the finals but to lose to group of boys ALL a year younger than your boys. Bit of an aftertaste to that silver medal.
Question: So that BU13 team played up? And was.this Champion's Silver BU14? Or the other Xplosion BU14 Black (bronze)
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2904 Aug 26, 2013
Don't take any negativity personal.
I predict at least 2 LMSA teams will move up to Silver next year.
Girls only though, in the Boys divisions except for Bu13 the coaching ability is just not there.

That's where LMSA should look into getting a professional Director of Coaching. Someone who has the time to look and develop those younger age coaches to groom them for the future. Right now sweet bobby really only works on his GU15 team. No knock, just obvious and justified. And the LMSA DOC is really just doing the same for his team.

I know all these BODs will soon have there kids ago out, but if they really care about LMSA they need to start grooming people and coaches for the future.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2905 Aug 26, 2013
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: So that BU13 team played up? And was.this Champion's Silver BU14? Or the other Xplosion BU14 Black (bronze)
It was champion's BU14 team playing an AC Brea BU13 that was playing up.
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#2906 Aug 26, 2013
confused wrote:
<quoted text>

facts:
xplosion silver. u 14 boys lost to AC Brea boys u 13 gold team in that final. at the Brea tournament. aswell as the boys Ac Brea U 12 played up in u 13 Bracket and also won. Great coaching who believes in scrimmaging on a consistent basis with higher level or older teams. obviously somthing is working correctly.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2907 Aug 26, 2013
That's what a pro DOC'ing does. Get the right people into the right positions.
He doesn't even coach a team, as it would obviously take away from his ability to help the entire program.

Too bad the Brea people as such a**es. Horrible on the sideline, bad sports and constantly blaming the refs for losing. They think they know soccer but they don't know jack.
Just like champion but on a club level.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2908 Aug 26, 2013
Funny story about playing up. Way back in the day I was ask to coach a GU17 and our fist game, clairmount tournament, was against the GU16 Samba, my keeper got a red in the first half made no dif, and we stopped the games about 15 minutes short mercry rule, we were losing like 10-0 or more and they were just toying with us. What they were able to do on the pitch was just amazing. Latter that year that Samba team on to win the GU16 national championship, they were just one of the few really great teams i've had the plesure of watching play. My oldest daught played against the Blues team that went on to win I think 3 national championships.

Congrats to the GU15 tustin team for winning the NHB cup
LM Dad

Orange, CA

#2909 Aug 26, 2013
LMSA should bring in a real director of coaching or a technical director. These younger kids will need to be developed by someone.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#2910 Aug 26, 2013
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#2911 Aug 26, 2013
Ok who or how do we pay for it
LM Dad wrote:
LMSA should bring in a real director of coaching or a technical director. These younger kids will need to be developed by someone.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2912 Aug 26, 2013
the brain trust that is LMSA found a way to go Club when everyone said it couldn't be done
i have faith that they will find a way to do this as well
LMSATRUTHFUL

Los Angeles, CA

#2913 Aug 27, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
Don't take any negativity personal.
I predict at least 2 LMSA teams will move up to Silver next year.
Girls only though, in the Boys divisions except for Bu13 the coaching ability is just not there.
That's where LMSA should look into getting a professional Director of Coaching. Someone who has the time to look and develop those younger age coaches to groom them for the future. Right now sweet bobby really only works on his GU15 team. No knock, just obvious and justified. And the LMSA DOC is really just doing the same for his team.
I know all these BODs will soon have there kids ago out, but if they really care about LMSA they need to start grooming people and coaches for the future.
Ok let me be Honest, because i have had a few beers.
Davis isnt the most supportive person around. unless you agree with his ideas. He might be a great coach to his girls but has shown no willingness to compromise to other coaches philosophys. The D Lic. dilema is a good thing.and he has brought the so desired club level to LMSA. But his negativity and stubborness has rubbed people in the wrong ways. To the point to everyman for himself.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#2914 Aug 27, 2013
Finally some honest dialog, ok let get started. The bod decided the D requirement I brought it up with others and they agreed, that it is in the best interest of the program and the kids.
How have I not been supportive? Please help me out here let me know
Stubbornness explain, is it my desire for the coaches to learn and become better coaches for the kids and the program, we can all learn heck I was watching a U10 practice the other day saw something being done and added to my routine, talking to an ref over the weekend -networking- he told me about the ACL research so my girls will do it at every practice.
My first concern that drives my decisions is what is best for the kids and the program. I have been around awhile and seen lots of stuff, so I do have a broader perspective to base decisions on. These aren't meant to be personal and I'll listen to anything. Something that we should as coaches strive for is coaching down not across or up, meaning we MUST be better coaches then our players are players
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#2915 Aug 27, 2013
we have talked about it but it comes down to cost and the coaches we have. I after 4 years wouldn't want someone to walk in and say I'm giving the team to someone else. CAN'T SPEAK FOR THE OTHERS BUT I WOULD FIGHT THAT TOOTH AND NAIL SO TO SPEAK. That is why I'm trying to push our current coaches to take classes and learn so that there is no need to bring some outsider in to run our program. But as posted below they all don't see it that way.
SoCalSoccer wrote:
the brain trust that is LMSA found a way to go Club when everyone said it couldn't be done
i have faith that they will find a way to do this as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Brea 8 hr Gayguy_320 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr BFL 32,329
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) Aug 21 P up hoes down 48
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul 29 Hanson Bologna 4,511
Married with lesbian desires Mar '16 BrenRey 1
News 5.1-Magnitude Quake Strikes La Habra An Hour Af... (Mar '14) Nov '15 Xbix 2
News 5.1 magnitude earthquake centered near La Habra (Mar '14) Nov '15 Black Knig Gerchink 3

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages