Davis

Santa Ana, CA

#2873 Aug 22, 2013
FIELD is so small you can trap on goal punts
This is Fun wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with it, it is only one game. At least you don't have half your games there like those Xplosiion Teams. Be happy you don't play for them.
lmsa

Compton, CA

#2874 Aug 22, 2013
Davis wrote:
FIELD is so small you can trap on goal punts
<quoted text>
any kicball team can win there. only true roll of a ball would be if we used a bowling ball....
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#2875 Aug 23, 2013
Bogdan Fan wrote:
If you want to watch a great trainer and coach, go to Cerritos College at 9:45am on Saturday, field 2. Watch the way the team plays, not the score of the game.
6 LM kids on that team having fun and learning how to play the way the game should be played.
Teams from higher level recieve just that higher level kids.
they have skills by this age. A few technical and tactical adjustments and "poohf".
You want to impress me take a team thats lost half its most talented players pull kids out of a depleted Rec program and win a championship.LMSAhas a few coaches teaching the game the way it should be played.
Thanks Though,
The older teams are suffering the consequences of not introducing club sooner.
LMSA PARENT

Rosemead, CA

#2876 Aug 23, 2013
Couldn't say it better myself. Well said...
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2877 Aug 23, 2013
I'M CONFUSED HERE why are we bad mouthing this team and those girls of LM. I'm trying to get my girls to go watch them play so that they can see what they may be able to become if they want to put in the work. BTW 3 of those girls played for me on the Benton team.
Many kids parents have never seen top level youth soccer -don't confuse HS school soccer as being top level- and to have a team this good so close would be a shame not to see what I'm guessing nobody has witnesses before.
LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Teams from higher level recieve just that higher level kids.
they have skills by this age. A few technical and tactical adjustments and "poohf".
You want to impress me take a team thats lost half its most talented players pull kids out of a depleted Rec program and win a championship.LMSAhas a few coaches teaching the game the way it should be played.
Thanks Though,
The older teams are suffering the consequences of not introducing club sooner.
LMSA

La Mirada, CA

#2878 Aug 23, 2013
Davis wrote:
I'M CONFUSED HERE why are we bad mouthing this team and those girls of LM. I'm trying to get my girls to go watch them play so that they can see what they may be able to become if they want to put in the work. BTW 3 of those girls played for me on the Benton team.
Many kids parents have never seen top level youth soccer -don't confuse HS school soccer as being top level- and to have a team this good so close would be a shame not to see what I'm guessing nobody has witnesses before.
<quoted text>
Not bad mouthing anyone here just stating a fact.
"The way the game should be played" Just defending LMSA. Makes it sound as if we are teaching the wrong way. Wow Davis you went soft on this one....I'm sure he has a great squad! LMSA is building from the ground up.
" Success is measured by how difficult the task "
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#2879 Aug 23, 2013
If you played good tournaments in open Brackets or scrimmaged high level teams then you have been xposed to this so called high level soccer. Our Team has played tier one and, gold teams. In prep for a bronze season. dont watch the other level experience it....worst u can do is loose and learn.
Benton

Whittier, CA

#2880 Aug 23, 2013
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool so another Benton Soccer Championship last year. Good to hear.
Albondegas

Whittier, CA

#2881 Aug 23, 2013
other coach wrote:
If you played good tournaments in open Brackets or scrimmaged high level teams then you have been xposed to this so called high level soccer. Our Team has played tier one and, gold teams. In prep for a bronze season. dont watch the other level experience it....worst u can do is loose and learn.
Yeh!take that
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2882 Aug 23, 2013
Really take that, LOL
BTW the Benton made it to the final's and lost to one of the Norwalk boys team, co-ed LOL
Didn't set me off but why are you so thinned skinned?
We have so many here that don't even think "our" coaches need to learn more or defend the bod decision that our coaches take the D course.
If they haven't been trained how to train how did they learn? If you can answer that I shut up about it, playing doesn't make you a coach or trainer. We know how the game is suppose to be coached how, if we haven't been trained how. Just because you can walk doesn't mean that you are a track star.
REALLY who is/was your mentor HOW DID YOU LEARN tell me so I can learn and share what you have been taught.
I don't think that they were trying to insult any of us, I didn't take it that way and nobody is thinner skinned then me.
The players that played for me at Benton taught me stuff that I use at almost every practice, they really do know how to play the game

thanks girls and you better not be wasting your time here.

Bob
Bogdan Fan

Marina Del Rey, CA

#2883 Aug 23, 2013
Davis wrote:
Really take that, LOL
BTW the Benton made it to the final's and lost to one of the Norwalk boys team, co-ed LOL
We have so many here that don't even think "our" coaches need to learn more or defend the bod decision that our coaches take the D course.
If they haven't been trained how to train how did they learn? If you can answer that I shut up about it, playing doesn't make you a coach or trainer. We know how the game is suppose to be coached how, if we haven't been trained how. Just because you can walk doesn't mean that you are a track star.
REALLY who is/was your mentor HOW DID YOU LEARN tell me so I can learn and share what you have been taught.
I don't think that they were trying to insult any of us, I didn't take it that way and nobody is thinner skinned then me.
The players that played for me at Benton taught me stuff that I use at almost every practice, they really do know how to play the game
Bob
LOL, thanks Bob. Nothing negative was intended, but I see that there is some sensitivity, so I will hush up. I am very impressed with the training at LMSA with SEVERAL coaches, and the league IMO is definitely providing the higher level of play so desperately needed in LM.
This U15 team started when they left LM AYSO after U8 because AYSO was in bad shape at that time. My invitation to come watch them was simply to invite some of you to see how a team primarily made up of LM girls out of AYSO has become a formidable team in high level club soccer, and to give props to their current trainer/coach for his excellence.
I am just a parent who thought I knew more than I really did about soccer, and have had my eyes opened in recent years. Take care
This is Fun

Whittier, CA

#2884 Aug 23, 2013
Remember Tustin wasn't the first stop and not all players followed them. Not all top Whittier players play for the club in their city, same for Fullerton, Brea or any other club. Top teams full from various areas. If you truly believe if we build they will come you crazy. These girls and many others crossed the street and played in Whittier and now are in Anaheim, Fullerton, Tustin, Downey not because LMSA didn't have club but because the parents felt is was the best for their child. As teams move up they will be required to recruit over the limits set so it may force them to go to Xplosion or Juventus for low cost without residency rules. The coaches will already know how it works.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2885 Aug 23, 2013
Bogdan Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just a parent who thought I knew more than I really did about soccer, and have had my eyes opened in recent years. Take care
This statement is so true not just about you and me but everyone else that had been around for a while and been involved with higher levels of play. So much to learn
good luck tomorrow I'm going to try and stop by watch and say hi
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#2886 Aug 23, 2013
Bogdan Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, thanks Bob. Nothing negative was intended, but I see that there is some sensitivity, so I will hush up. I am very impressed with the training at LMSA with SEVERAL coaches, and the league IMO is definitely providing the higher level of play so desperately needed in LM.
This U15 team started when they left LM AYSO after U8 because AYSO was in bad shape at that time. My invitation to come watch them was simply to invite some of you to see how a team primarily made up of LM girls out of AYSO has become a formidable team in high level club soccer, and to give props to their current trainer/coach for his excellence.
Bogden fan, in Forum such as this where we have been tossed around like a rag doll, because of non believers the line has become very thin. No harm intended and good teams are always respected Thank you for the respect of the league and trainers. Your a man of reasoning, and a man of intelect from what i gather.
FYI

Whittier, CA

#2887 Aug 23, 2013
Bogdan Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What team are you talking about? You got me curious......
LMSA class 2013

Los Angeles, CA

#2888 Aug 24, 2013
Davis wrote:
Really take that, LOL
Bob
So there are new D lic coaches this season? who are the new graduates? congratulations! we wish them all well for the future and the development of the league and their team.
talent scout

Los Angeles, CA

#2889 Aug 24, 2013
LMSA class 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
So there are new D lic coaches this season? who are the new graduates? congratulations! we wish them all well for the future and the development of the league and their team.
At one time Cal south allowed coaches to skip E and D Lic. If you played or coached soccer at a professional level. You could go straight to the C lic. classes, most of the local coaches do not have this background of on the job training its through books and manuels. Its mainly latin amercan and european coaches that went this rout or could have gone this rout. Cal south decided to do away with this a few years ago though.

Since: Aug 13

Placentia, CA

#2890 Aug 24, 2013
talent scout wrote:
<quoted text>
At one time Cal south allowed coaches to skip E and D Lic. If you played or coached soccer at a professional level. You could go straight to the C lic. classes, most of the local coaches do not have this background of on the job training its through books and manuels. Its mainly latin amercan and european coaches that went this rout or could have gone this rout. Cal south decided to do away with this a few years ago though.
This is not a "cal south" stipulation bus a US SOCCER waiver.
" National "D" License certification may be waived ONLY under one of the following conditions:

Applicant received the NSCAA National Diploma and has held it for a minimum of 12 months.
Applicant has three (3) years of coaching experience (any level) AND three (3) years playing experience with a Senior National Team or three (3) years of FIFA recognized professional playing experience.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#2891 Aug 25, 2013
timmy J and kevin D
one more still in class i think, i need to follow up
LMSA class 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#2892 Aug 25, 2013
I knew that they let you skip the E but not the D mayber before my time
talent scout wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 59 min Bruin For Life 28,468
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 4 hr vEWRX3 1,136
Wanted to buy Geodes (Apr '08) 15 hr ONTHEMTN 2
Pacheco: Public Enemy #1 (Feb '14) 19 hr Truth 11
Pacheco Trying to Bring in Housing for Homeless 22 hr Oh Yes 2
Mayor Lozano Lied to Stichman and Vineland Peop... Thu Lozano Liar 2
KlYES Pacheco and Mayor going down with Soccer... Thu Guess What 3

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE