Comments
2,801 - 2,820 of 4,940 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#2833 Aug 19, 2013
I dont see sour grapes just integrity for the game. Our friend has made a name for himself. His reputation for anger issues and dirty play will always follow him. Not a reputation of producing great soccer players. His confidence and ego surpassed by none. As a coach your a role mode, the apple will not fall far from the tree.
Xplosion

Whittier, CA

#2834 Aug 19, 2013
See that this blog continues the great gossip. What's next that that Rangers lost nationals yesterday... I applaud this gossip lmsa its cheaper than the real news from the Sun times its free. When you continue to make up stories about people they become Legends, like the great war hero John Wayne that Never Served a day in the real USA Military. Oh wait that's a fact. Rather continue the mislead info & gossip its better than the laugh factory.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2835 Aug 19, 2013
LMSA blog people
LMSA dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2836 Aug 19, 2013
Hi people i know our signature and club teams are well under way...playing tournys and scrimmaging. I heard the numbers of kids are down this year for the league? if strikers have to fold due to field or other reasons we might get some local talent to lmsa next year. Any chance of age groups having variou competetive teams? or atleast a club team and a signature team aswell?
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#2837 Aug 19, 2013
714soccerdad wrote:
<quoted text>
or at the OC kick off classic
or at the Toyota of orange classic
Brea draws lower level teams and is aware of it. It is even on their tournament page.
"The Brea Kickoff Classic is looking for all club teams, signature and AYSO + teams to play, we will do our best to group teams according to their level."
Most tournaments are not this kind to lower teams.
They will seed the tournament so there are no " groups of death" they want the top teams in the semi's and finals.
That way, next year they can attract more teams, better caliber teams, and if possible, charge more.
You have to remember these tournaments are a revenue stream for the club. They are not putting these tournaments on for fun.
The Brea tournament is a good way to determine how you fare against lower level teams.
No, ALL the top drawer teams are at the WC tourney. But then again only people in that stratosphere would know that.

Just like the next TOP drawer tourney is Surf Cup
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#2838 Aug 19, 2013
LMSA dad wrote:
Hi people i know our signature and club teams are well under way...playing tournys and scrimmaging. I heard the numbers of kids are down this year for the league? if strikers have to fold due to field or other reasons we might get some local talent to lmsa next year. Any chance of age groups having variou competetive teams? or atleast a club team and a signature team aswell?
Good question.
If LMSA has the interest and bodies will it have both a Club and Sig team per division ?

Anyone in the know ?
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2839 Aug 19, 2013
The real issue is players, we can barely get enough players for the older teams U14 and up. So what happens in 2 years from now when lets say 2 teams reach U14 and we only have enough to field one or 1 1/2 teams.
We have a few ages -younger- that maybe could run two team teams but as they get older the numbers drop. Really it is going to take some time, a few years, to see if we could grow the teams but as for now not enough kids to support to teams and not affect the core program.
Issue that aren't always considered coaches and ref and other volunteers
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
If LMSA has the interest and bodies will it have both a Club and Sig team per division ?
Anyone in the know ?
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2840 Aug 19, 2013
Davis wrote:
The real issue is players, we can barely get enough players for the older teams U14 and up. So what happens in 2 years from now when lets say 2 teams reach U14 and we only have enough to field one or 1 1/2 teams.
We have a few ages -younger- that maybe could run two team teams but as they get older the numbers drop. Really it is going to take some time, a few years, to see if we could grow the teams but as for now not enough kids to support to teams and not affect the core program.
Issue that aren't always considered coaches and ref and other volunteers
<quoted text>
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yeah, the olders will not support any more than 1 higher level team. Bodies and talent just not there.
But in the U8-U12 divisions it could be done. In the future I mean. Not now.
And as for coaches and volunteers there are always Dads or Moms who think they can do the job at the next level. But that usually hurts the core Rec program, as they leave. So yeah, big consideration there.

Finally Refs, in Club CSL utilizes a professional ref assn, as does NOCIL, so no drain on LMSA's Rec refs. In fact with the departure of most of the Sig teams to Club LMSA will have more refs than it needs.

And from what I hear LMSA numbers are down so from the ref standpoint there should be plenty to go around.

But anyway, Sep 7th is almost here and all the trash talk will be gone, it will be put up or shut up, go LMSA.
LMSA

Compton, CA

#2841 Aug 19, 2013
What teams will be joining the silver ranks next season? I believe there are three good contending teams to join the the other two girls silver ranks In my opinion. what will happen then to those players wanting to play next level out of Rec.
The jump from rec to silver because no signature or bronze is offered for these kids breaking out will be
limited.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2842 Aug 20, 2013
LMSA wrote:
What teams will be joining the silver ranks next season? I believe there are three good contending teams to join the the other two girls silver ranks In my opinion. what will happen then to those players wanting to play next level out of Rec.
The jump from rec to silver because no signature or bronze is offered for these kids breaking out will be
limited.
Your looking at it all wrong. In U10 and above the cream has already been skimmed. There are very few players,(if any), left in the LMSA Rec that can make the jump to Sig, much less Club.

The one or two impact players will find spots due to natural departures of players that happen to all clubs.
It's the future U9 and U10 teams that are the LMSA Club programs future.

With proper foresight in identifying and training coaches and standout players the future is unlimited
lmsa dad

Compton, CA

#2843 Aug 20, 2013
LMSA wrote:
limited.
Lets see,
The options of "who is the best coach at LMSA" Topix survey was ? I only see one coach from that list leading their team to the silver grade and its not the coach with the D lic. and top "Dog" at LMSA. With all due respect Mr. D. Sorry. The other two or three teams coaches were not even mentioned on the ballot. Who I feel will have a great chance to fly out of bronze with these teams. But only time will tell.
BU 13
GU 14
GU 13
GO LMSA......
lmsa new one

Compton, CA

#2844 Aug 20, 2013
Our experience with AYSO has come to its end. Excited for our season to begin soon with LMSA. It seems that this league has great options for the levels of kids. Recreational, signature, and club. There is skills nights offered for the kids i was told. Is it for all kids or only for the higher club teams of the league? what are the costs?told
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2845 Aug 20, 2013
I hope your right, it certainly won't hurt my feelings, really the best coach poll LOL
Why do you think they will be succesful and not the others, Gu12 Gu 11 Gu15? share your reasonings. I really would like to know?
lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see,
The options of "who is the best coach at LMSA" Topix survey was ? I only see one coach from that list leading their team to the silver grade and its not the coach with the D lic. and top "Dog" at LMSA. With all due respect Mr. D. Sorry. The other two or three teams coaches were not even mentioned on the ballot. Who I feel will have a great chance to fly out of bronze with these teams. But only time will tell.
BU 13
GU 14
GU 13
GO LMSA......
lmsa dad

Compton, CA

#2846 Aug 20, 2013
Davis wrote:
I hope your right, it certainly won't hurt my feelings, really the best coach poll LOL
Why do you think they will be succesful and not the others, Gu12 Gu 11 Gu15? share your reasonings. I really would like to know?
<quoted text>
No i do see Jones team being a good candidate.
Losing players. not bringing in better players. weak off the bench.. peaked players. coahing philosophy. past history. chemistry. size. speed. bracket draw....im not
saying they are bad just those other teams have a good chance. i wish all teams do well but if you wer not top bracket in signature moving to silver from bronze wont be easy...with out recruiting for club now.
good teams have good coaching and players.
average teams have one or the other
LMSA has great coaching still left in Rec. not only club and sig have good coaches.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2847 Aug 20, 2013
MORE TO ADD-
Let see you are making a big deal out of the D licence are your kids going to college or are they going to learn what they need to know from the streets, is that how you learned?
Is this about you or what is best for your kid, isn't your kid playing for a top rated coach with higher then a D licence elsewhere. Where are you going to learn more or do you know everything already, if so how did you get that knowledge? Anyone that bad talks the req to have the coaches at least at a D level is just thinking about themselves and not the kids or the program, if you don't understand the benefit of learning more then I could assume that your kids aren't going to college.
I know that you can't or won't answer my other post or this one either with some sort of knowledge but will just use your option based on what?
If you want to knock me or anyone else GREAT tell me what I can do better I HAVE ASKED THAT SEVERAL TIMES AND KNOW ONE HAS EVER REPLIED, why just because you don't like me ok but what can I do better share with us please, if I'm holding the kids back I need to know. Someone told be I don't know what I'm doing because they watch my practice, fair enough what was it that I was or wasn't doing in your option, I didn't listen to him because he is a rookie coach that has never coached above U11 rec and thinks that running scrimmages all the time is the way kids learn, yea they learn they learn bad habit's, because they were allowed to, because the coach doesn't know what the dif between the good or bad tech so sad
Do you know the difference
lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see,
BU 13
GU 14
GU 13
GO LMSA......
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2848 Aug 20, 2013
Define great coaching
lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing players. not bringing in better players. weak off the bench.. peaked players. coahing philosophy. past history. chemistry. size. speed. bracket draw....im not
saying they are bad just those other teams have a good chance. i wish all teams do well but if you wer not top bracket in signature moving to silver from bronze wont be easy...with out recruiting for club now.
LMSA has great coaching still left in Rec. not only club and sig have good coaches.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2849 Aug 20, 2013
Tim J was top dog in signature
lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
lmsa dad

Compton, CA

#2850 Aug 20, 2013
Davis wrote:
Tim J was top dog in signature
<quoted text>
Ideas and soccer philosophy differences never end.
some of th smartest and successful men are highscool drop outs like myself.
Yes Jones was top dawg thats why he is a candidate to go silver. read back....so lets all take a Zanex and chill.
like the other post said in due time all teams will have their time to show.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2851 Aug 20, 2013
didn't see that team listed here and what about all those reasons why you listed

BU 13
GU 14
GU 13
GO LMSA......

The issue here with me is that you made a big deal out of us requiring coaches to get smarter wouldn't you want your kids coach to know more?

still haven't said who the great coaches are that are in rec I need to talk to them about the future.
also that was just a bunch of gobble de goop you put together with no rime reason or explanation
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2852 Aug 20, 2013
Ok lets break down my team-
lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing players- lost one starter replaced and 3 subs. not bringing in better players- first time we have had 11 starters. weak off the bench- don't have to hide anyone. peaked players- maybe. coahing philosophy- what is mine???. past history- team has beat the winners of our spring cup bracket,advanced in state cup, lost one game last season thanks to cal south anf there ruling on HS players. chemistry- best ever. size- very good haven't played a team that was all around bigger. speed- good 8 out of 10. bracket draw- to early to tell ....im not saying they are bad just those other teams have a good chance. i wish all teams do well but if you wer not top bracket in signature-finished second- moving to silver from bronze wont be easy...with out recruiting for club now.
something that is truly being overlooked training how come we aren't talking about training?

lunch over need to go back to work

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Bruin For Life 27,080
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 31 min horse 200,582
Man Fatally Stabbed In Fullerton (Nov '07) 1 hr RASCALS CLICK CBS... 69
La Habra Heights History, Howard Vipperman 8 hr Amused Observer 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Macko mono 5,000
Man clad in black wanted for shooting at transi... 10 hr bottles 1
Another shooting on Foster Road today (Feb '14) 15 hr Mark Furman 2
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search