Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I believe that is a school dist issue and control what happens there not the city
SoCalSoccer

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

LMSA RESIDENT wrote:
I heard La Mirada highschool will be hosting games for a norwalk based soccer tournament. Yet its always been off limits to LMSA. And what about all the city stipulations. LMSA non profit city program with tax paying residents cant use their fields. Bravo entertainment....have friends where LMSA DOESNT IN LA MIRADA?
Would like to find out more about this tournament.
Can you post a link ?
LMSA RESIDENT

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

go to norwalk youth soccer league website. ...Bravo Entertainment. 300 dollars....
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

I was at the tournament. For three hundred dollars or 250. with multiple teams signed up you cant beat it. Its legit huge trophies for teams and kids for firstplace. medals for second also new uniforms going to winning teams. tournament play was Gahr high,Cerritos college, LaMirada highschool.....yes La mirada highschool. Only problem is its age brackets are a two year gap. The teams majority hispanic very physical play ... xplosion was present. Are friend Mr Gomez had a bad day there. Again.
Soccer Parent

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Yes, agree very very physical and did see many teams that had older players against younger players. Well "you get what you pay for" 300 only gave you 1 Ref. System for all but last games on Sunday. The first aid tent had a line. Did see some burgundy jerseys their too, looked like Bu13 players. Also, saw explosion b13 coach talking with Ref, Organizer. Players with wrap on legs.
they should have had a 3 Ref through out would not have as many players in first aid tent.
LMSA

Lynwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

physical play will exist in all competitive soccer. Its up to Refs to put an early STOP to it. Players and coaches play differently when yellow cards are given out consistently and early in a game. Age factor is always an issue factor in these tournaments. Not only because its two year gap but some teams use kids way older. Hispanic team are infamous for this. Xplosion team you saw there u13? yeah playing u12 division explain that one......i believe they won it aswell.
Age Brackets

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Look at the rules. Ages were based on a January - December period not Cal South cutoffs. Not under 12, but 11 an 12 year olds in the same group.
LMSA grapvine

Lynwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

I heard A Gomez got tossed from this tournament?....No worries Albert not a sanction tournament.
Age Brackets

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Atta boy Al...
Soccer Parent

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

No explosion coaches were ejected, that much I did notice. The coach, parent that was seen leaving was from Norwalk...game
LMSA grapvine

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Age Brackets wrote:
Look at the rules. Ages were based on a January - December period not Cal South cutoffs. Not under 12, but 11 an 12 year olds in the same group.
even so the leniency of the confirmation of age at this tournament was light. U13 teams usually run about 3/4 of the kids older not younger calsouth age matrix. thus would make majority of players on a team to old...so lets say xplosion borrowed kids from thier younger teams...not likely both teams were at Cerritos cup. Plus i know they prefer older kids for that team...a friend inquired about a tryout and was asked what month....fact!
NicsDad

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Copa Del Mar Tournament:

Strikers FC BU13 cruised to Final, winning their pool 10-0, 6-1 & 6-1. Lost to Del Mar Carmel Valley Sharks Gold 1-2 in Final.
CerritosPremierC up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Xplosion GU14 win another championship. They beat Legends G98 Gold in Semi Finals...a SCDL Tier 1 team, and went on to win the Championship. (played GU15 bracket, per tourny rules)..
LMSA

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

congrats to these teams.....local clubs. Nothing like a little bragging rights in another mans house....we will get our own in due time.
morebragging

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

LMSA wrote:
congrats to these teams.....local clubs. Nothing like a little bragging rights in another mans house....we will get our own in due time.
AND....Speaking of last weekend's Cerritos Premier Cup, The 2013-2014 XplosionBU12 BRONZE(the B team) beat The Fullerton Rangers BU12 SILVER 2-0 in group play...Coached by Coach Adam, who previously coached his son at LMSA and continues to coach him as well as other X-LMSA players.
lmsa

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

morebragging wrote:
<quoted text>
AND....Speaking of last weekend's Cerritos Premier Cup, The 2013-2014 XplosionBU12 BRONZE(the B team) beat The Fullerton Rangers BU12 SILVER 2-0 in group play...Coached by Coach Adam, who previously coached his son at LMSA and continues to coach him as well as other X-LMSA players.
Come back next year Adam. Local fields, nice neighborhoods. LMSA is in club now. Bring the boys back.
And cheaper fees than even Xplosion.
(Champion and the rest of his family can stay in Los Nietos. We don't need your kind here.
LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

AC Brea is now charging 1000.00 dollars per season.
I heard fullerton Rangers is around 1850.00 a season ? and these coaches have three or four teams to juggle around. More teams they take more income.....and still some of the parents love to see their kids be spectators on the sidlines. False hopes from the idea that your kid is with this organizantion and the coach is interested in their development. yet cant remember your kids name or what individual skills he will need. Pump out the Masses bring in the dollars....
NicsDad

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Strikers Cup 2013 will be held August 24-25. Would love to see some local team(s) participate.

Registration deadline is August 10, 2013

http://e7sports.us/orgs/scbayern/cup/
Soccer

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back next year Adam. Local fields, nice neighborhoods. LMSA is in club now. Bring the boys back.
(Champion and the rest of his family can stay in Los Nietos. We don't need your kind here.
your a joke and you hide behind the lmsa label. You where probably weak and recruiting for the slow stick&ball sport. Oh by the way, dozens suspended from stick & ball for Steroids' again. Soon enough the term "pastime" will apply.
C Funderburg

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you would write something like that about our team. Don't hide behind a fake name. What are you afraid of? What exactly is "your kind"? We are all from LMSA and I don't speak down to anyone's team or child. Grow up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE