lmsa

Long Beach, CA

#2671 Jul 13, 2013
Davis wrote:
Since I'm bored waiting for a fitter to come back from lunch to get fitted with a new putter, I'll waste more time. You hide behind a screen name and try to cyber bully us, really that is what you all call being classy. As far as a red card I'm not the one who is hiding show it my face and we can talk about like adults.
For those of you that are hiding behind your screen name and teaching your kids it is ok to try and cyber bully people as long as you don't get caught YOU SHOULD BE OH SO VERY PROUD, don't ask why when or where your kids get it from, look into the mirror.
Again no name no matter.
imho
<quoted text>
Yeah but teaching your kid to lash out with profanity is OK? unless that is a normal behavior for a director of any sport. what diference does it make if we hide behind the curtain of animosity. Dont justifye a comment such as yours with a misdirection like the great and magical wizard of ozz! profanity is uncalled for i can handle your insensitive statement because its your opinion. Does the Forum rule state no profanity? i guess rules are meant to be broken great rule to teach our kids then.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2672 Jul 13, 2013
I don't teach profanity BTW do you ever listen to the kids talk on the pitch, I do teach responsibility and being accountable for one actions and not hide behind a screen name which is cyber bullying that is a big problem if you don't already know. If the word SH!& is profanity I'm sorry that it offended you, it is an widely use expression to get a point across that the recipient comment has no value.
I'm the most straight up person you will ever meet, I don't hide I'm right here to take what ever you can dish out. We can talk, if you have something of value to add lets talk about it, if you have a plan or valuable information to make us a better program I'm listening :) We are going to make mistakes and I'm sure the 3 or 4 of you will let us know after the fact -not before because you don't know either.
To say that you are going to oversee us, is that suppose to scare us because you can say I told You so LOL
lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but teaching your kid to lash out with profanity is OK? unless that is a normal behavior for a director of any sport. what diference does it make if we hide behind the curtain of animosity. Dont justifye a comment such as yours with a misdirection like the great and magical wizard of ozz! profanity is uncalled for i can handle your insensitive statement because its your opinion. Does the Forum rule state no profanity? i guess rules are meant to be broken great rule to teach our kids then.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2673 Jul 13, 2013
ok lets get this going another direction, How many of you think that high school soccer is the end all of soccer, and where do you think club soccer, LMSA, and their levels compare and there value.

Is HS soccer better and more important then club soccer for player development. Is it more important/better to say I played Varsity or I play on certain level team?

Is HS soccer the only HS sport that isn't the highest level of competition for the kids?

I guess since my kids have long gone from HS soccer have things changed, I don't know?
FYI

Rosemead, CA

#2674 Jul 13, 2013
LMSA Warriors GU10 Silver scrimmaging Strikers FC Whittier GU10 Flight 2 team. Sunday 4pm at WSC. Should be a really good game.
lmsa parent

Los Angeles, CA

#2675 Jul 13, 2013
u13 boys won first game at psa.
Davis

United States

#2678 Jul 14, 2013
You all know that wasn't me right
lmsa u13

South Gate, CA

#2679 Jul 15, 2013
psa canyon
u 13 came home empty.
lost 0 1
lost 0 1
and won 2 1
Not bad. but you can dominate a team and still come up empty.Anyone know how girls silver did at WSComplex sunday?
LMSA Fall Season

La Mirada, CA

#2680 Jul 16, 2013
The season will be full of a lot of games like this. Most of these teams competed in signature but did not dominate other teams so a long as they aren't losing big every week and the games are like this they are ok playing at this level. It the games end up being blow outs week after week than the coach isn't making adjustments that are needed. This is the same for rec, sig and the new club teams.

Just make sure the coaches don't get cocky and when they lose everyone comes to the attack. Don't be like Champion
Club Coach

Pacoima, CA

#2681 Jul 16, 2013
LMSA Fall Season wrote:
The season will be full of a lot of games like this. Most of these teams competed in signature but did not dominate other teams so a long as they aren't losing big every week and the games are like this they are ok playing at this level. It the games end up being blow outs week after week than the coach isn't making adjustments that are needed. This is the same for rec, sig and the new club teams.
Just make sure the coaches don't get cocky and when they lose everyone comes to the attack. Don't be like Champion
if you want to be successful in Club then it would be a good idea to observe how winning Coach's interact. Champion is still Winning from what I've seen and heard with his Club Team that's been together for a few years now.
lmsa grapvine

Downey, CA

#2682 Jul 16, 2013
lets get some truth about his sidline conduct aswell.....i heard hes paid some hefty fines in the past and been reprimanded in the past on his behavior. It wouldnt surprise me if this were true....
Club Coach

Pacoima, CA

#2683 Jul 17, 2013
lmsa grapvine wrote:
lets get some truth about his sidline conduct aswell.....i heard hes paid some hefty fines in the past and been reprimanded in the past on his behavior. It wouldnt surprise me if this were true....
was curious too so went and look up, on CSL
this past season. No, Coach issue this past season
did have a few points, but within guidelines...
lmsa grapvine

Los Angeles, CA

#2684 Jul 17, 2013
Club Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
was curious too so went and look up, on CSL
this past season. No, Coach issue this past season
did have a few points, but within guidelines...
within Xplosion organization....this has occured. yeah he has done well but if it takes the whipping stick, no thanks.If this be true i would think xplosion would keep it low key....
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2685 Jul 17, 2013
He is good to his players, which explains why, he has such parent loyalty despite his extremely poor example of Irresponsible Behavior as a coach on the touchline in many matches.

His rep precedes him all over the south-land, not as a good coach but as an jerk on the touchline.

To be honest he is lucky the parents of his players have stayed. Most, if they really saw what was available to help their kid, would have moved on to bigger and better things which are out there for the taking.
lmsa grapvine

Los Angeles, CA

#2686 Jul 17, 2013
agreed, at above ...silver elite.....gold.....premiere/ac ademy.I see the ruthless art of recruiting, poaching,enticing player movement from team to team. I forsee LMSA reaching silver brackets with one or two more teams. But without the recruitment and better coaching it will top out. I'm hoping to be wrong.Silver elite,gold,premiere,tier one...normaly are kids from host club city and neighboring cities. They are an array of area high level allstar players. Rare are the teams that can roster the team with majority local city players. maybe half at best. So the idea of player retention in LM is very important. Because there still is a LMSA residency rule.
Club Coach

Pacoima, CA

#2687 Jul 19, 2013
what is the residency rule? because good talent has been known to come and go.
loyal to LMSA

Whittier, CA

#2688 Jul 19, 2013
lmsa wrote:
He is good to his players, which explains why, he has such parent loyalty despite his extremely poor example of Irresponsible Behavior as a coach on the touchline in many matches.
His rep precedes him all over the south-land, not as a good coach but as an jerk on the touchline.
To be honest he is lucky the parents of his players have stayed. Most, if they really saw what was available to help their kid, would have moved on to bigger and better things which are out there for the taking.
Champion is only "good" to his favored players.(including his son). His immature, irresponsible, unethical and abhorrent behavior has driven most of his original parents (and players) away. The 4-5 parents that have stayed have questioned staying and the main reason they do is b/c their sons are "favored."
soccer parent

Pacoima, CA

#2689 Jul 19, 2013
loyal to LMSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Champion is only "good" to his favored players.(including his son). His immature, irresponsible, unethical and abhorrent behavior has driven most of his original parents (and players) away. The 4-5 parents that have stayed have questioned staying and the main reason they do is b/c their sons are "favored."
Looks like you don't understand the level of play Silver Elite is and how much it hard work it takes for a Team to get into the higher levels. Because if you did You would know that 4-5 good players cannot carry a team. Better yet, why don't you pick your own Team and play the higher levels, like this successful coach is.
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2690 Jul 19, 2013
soccer parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you don't understand the level of play Silver Elite is and how much it hard work it takes for a Team to get into the higher levels. Because if you did You would know that 4-5 good players cannot carry a team. Better yet, why don't you pick your own Team and play the higher levels, like this successful coach is.
His team has done well, true, but a large part of that success is should go to the SCDSL's formation. Way more spots have opened up than was usual in the past when the strong South OC clubs left.

But I do give the boys their due. They have been successful in the arena they are playing in. And coach has done what is necessary, by dropping weaker players and picking up stronger ones.

Bottom line though, none of his kids will make starting Varsity when them are Freshman in HS, unless they go to Pioneer HS that is.
Byebye

Oxnard, CA

#2691 Jul 19, 2013
Club Coach wrote:
what is the residency rule? because good talent has been known to come and go.
They will still leave. What you don't understand is the players that have left are scattered over many clubs not just one. So don't expect them to play together at lmsa
lmsa grapvine

Los Angeles, CA

#2692 Jul 19, 2013
Residency rule... teams can only have 3 or 4 players from outside the city the rest have to be LM residents. this rule applied to club and SIG. teams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals catch 10-foot mako (Aug '07) 14 min PieceOfWork 48
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr WasPhartsz 33,113
La Mirada Crime Blotter- May 29, 2017 9 hr La Mirada News 1
News Briefs:Santa Gertrudes Wall and Parkway pr... 11 hr La Mirada News 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr '17 NKOTBLOCC 4,544
News Rowland Heights man working as tutor for Santa ... Apr '17 Georgia Levin 2
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan '17 SoCalNative 19

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages