club coaching

Long Beach, CA

#2630 Jul 7, 2013
as coaches we have choices....
Tournaments are optional but advised. its a "play at your own risk" some lmsa teams will be average to poor in the big class l tournaments. But be respectable in the others eventually lmsa will better their levels....we need to walk before we can run. Just two months ago lmsa had no reason going club w daddy coaching. Now its put them in tournaments with premier club teams in level one tournaments..
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#2631 Jul 7, 2013
Really guys new to this stuff, when we sign up for tournaments they won't put us against the Blues and the blues wouldn't go to that tournament if they did
We will play teams close to our level maybe if we are lucky we'll play a low level silver elite but most likely nothing over a silver level team

ok whoe's playing premier level teams?
Club Coach

Pacoima, CA

#2632 Jul 7, 2013
lmsa wrote:
Hey, give LMSA a break. They are new to the Club scene. They still have to get use to the fact that Club is year round.
Fall -(Sep to Dec) Regular season
Winter -(Dec - Jan) Tournaments to get ready for
State or National Cup
-(Jan-Feb) State / National Cup
Spring -(Mar-May) Spring league for development of
new players, teams, player movement, tryouts
& just to keep your team in training
Summer -(Jun-Aug) Tournaments for team development
for the coming Regular (Fall) season.
good example, the question now is : does lmsa have the fields to develop a more competitive club Year Round?
ac brea

La Mirada, CA

#2633 Jul 7, 2013
AC Brea Boys U10 (2013/14) is looking for a few guest players to help out this coming weekend at the PSA Tournament (Yorba Linda Area)

Any U10 boys that want to play this weekend check out the link:

http://www.socalsoccer.com/forum/showthread.p...
Ice Cube

Rosemead, CA

#2634 Jul 8, 2013
lmsa wrote:
check web site for pictures both u 13 and u 14 are pictured there. most likely u 14 was your sons team. was the coach named dan grumble.?
yes, that was him. Nice guy. He had to battle with one of his coaches who thought he knew it all.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2635 Jul 8, 2013
It was the u13 team. how funny o so true about the other guy mr know it all. from that team only three remaine loyal to lmsa. the majority left for club teams after first year of signature. but the team looks pretty good for bronze club this year. if your kid still plays get a hold of coach for tryout.
Ice Cube

Covina, CA

#2636 Jul 8, 2013
lmsa wrote:
It was the u13 team. how funny o so true about the other guy mr know it all. from that team only three remaine loyal to lmsa. the majority left for club teams after first year of signature. but the team looks pretty good for bronze club this year. if your kid still plays get a hold of coach for tryout.
good for those who have moved on. there were a few kids with real potential. i know some moved on with gomez. poor guys were led astray. any idea which clubs took the rest?
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2637 Jul 8, 2013
striker 3 , rangers 1, brea 2. one more to slammers i believe. that i remebe others i dont know but these were the ones left signature.
C Funderburg

Anaheim, CA

#2638 Jul 8, 2013
Ice Cube wrote:
There used to be a good crop of boys talent that/would now be BU13 or 14? from AYSO/LMSA.
Where are they playing now? Are they still playing?
My son was on BU-9 All Star team with them. Coach was named Dan. Anyone know what happened to those kids? are they with LMSA club?
My son played for Dan and he was a great coach and the kids played well together. My son moved to Xplosion. We wanted to stay with LMSA but it was time to move. I'm glad to hear the LMSA is going club and I wish them nothing but the best.
Ice Cube

Downey, CA

#2639 Jul 8, 2013
C Funderburg wrote:
<quoted text>
My son played for Dan and he was a great coach and the kids played well together. My son moved to Xplosion. We wanted to stay with LMSA but it was time to move. I'm glad to hear the LMSA is going club and I wish them nothing but the best.
how did the xplosion work out for you. i've heard good and bad. daddy ball at best. terrible egomaniac coach at worst. do you think your son is a better player than if he'd had rangers or that type of coaching and system. will your boy play in HS? if gomez' son does not make HS team where does that leave his current team? i know more than one disgruntled kid and family left under not so pleasant circumstances.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2640 Jul 8, 2013
Ice Cube wrote:
<quoted text>how did the xplosion work out for you. i've heard good and bad. daddy ball at best. terrible egomaniac coach at worst. do you think your son is a better player than if he'd had rangers or that type of coaching and system. will your boy play in HS? if gomez' son does not make HS team where does that leave his current team? i know more than one disgruntled kid and family left under not so pleasant circumstances.
Gomez was the best a legend in his own mind. His erogance demeanor and attitude of superiority equaled to none. when he left LMSA it was a sigh of relief. I no not one person he could bring a smile to. As for soccer he is no better than some from lmsa. My opinion his teams have done well because he took talented kids away with him and united them with another group of talented kids. my hat goes off to the coach who can take average rec players still in lmsa and convert them to quality players.
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2641 Jul 8, 2013
La Mirada has always had quality players. From the old days of AYSO to the present LMSA days.

Every year there was an exodus of those quality players to the Club programs around the south-land.

There are old AYSO22/LMSA players at every level in the Club programs. From Premier,ECNL,Fight 1, CRL just to name a few of the top programs. Shoot, former players have won CIF Championships.

Kids leaving as individuals or as teams is nothing new to La Mirada. But that should change to at least a small degree now that LMSA is going Club.

I give champion credit for doing well for a couple of season with this team. They are not the most talented or civil of teams, in fact they have one player that has a record a mile long of Red Cards, which reflects the poor personality and leadership quality of the head coach, but they still have done well.

The smart thing that champion has done is build a Club from the ground up. Up until champion and his relatives came onto the Xplosion scene, it was just a small program made up of former WAYS/ASYSO75 people.
Now its 23 teams,with hardly any good fields and still doing ok on the competitive circuit.

But he is a Dad coach and that is not good for any Club in the long run.
So we shall see in time.

Davis

La Habra, CA

#2643 Jul 9, 2013
Just to add my .02 there are several kids that got their start in La Mirada that went on to win National championships, full ride D1 scholarships and played ODP all over the world. They started here in LM and went to great club programs. We have an abundance of very good athletes here that can become talented soccer players if we understand as coaches that we don't know it all and must keep learning to get better.

If we do the right thing and keep the politics out we can have a very good program probably not national championships but a very good program and get these kids going in the right direction

Not to prop him but nothing wrong with daddy coaches as long as they can get the job done. work at becoming better and understand that there is so much more to learn and we don't already know everything.

aren't we all dad's
in the know

Pacoima, CA

#2644 Jul 9, 2013
xplosion has grown and will probably stay small compared to other clubs including lmsa. the big difference is Quality and that is what xplosion continues to do. just look at their accomplishments: State Cup Championship Team, Major Club Tournaments Champions/Finalist, and Beach Champions. Also, they are not in the habit of poaching players like many of the other clubs. they hold tryouts year round. lmsa has the big talk with small results and the coach's that left was because they had more to teach, but lmsa people who drive the bus couldn't handle the competition. The Coach's that left pre-Club lmsa all walked into a Club Coaching position w/players that wanted to learn more. keeping it real
C Funderburg

Anaheim, CA

#2645 Jul 9, 2013
Ice Cube wrote:
<quoted text>how did the xplosion work out for you. i've heard good and bad. daddy ball at best. terrible egomaniac coach at worst. do you think your son is a better player than if he'd had rangers or that type of coaching and system. will your boy play in HS? if gomez' son does not make HS team where does that leave his current team? i know more than one disgruntled kid and family left under not so pleasant circumstances.
It's worked well for us. I'm not sure why anyone would say it's daddy ball. What's that exactly? Aren't the majority of the coaches dads? Or I'm I incorrect? Of course with anything there's good and bad but it's been great for our boys. Many of which have been together for a very long time. My son's a good player because he knows how to play and has been coached well. I don't think If I paid more and went elsewhere it would be better. Why would I pay more? That makes no sense to me. Do you think paying more would be better? We have goals for our team and have reached them so far. High school is a different ball game and he will play wherever he decides to go.

It's obvious you know a lot about our team and makes me wonder why would you know you so much. In either case, our team will continue going forward and as a La Mirada resident I support our local teams and wish them the very best.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2646 Jul 9, 2013
Really what are you talking about, poaching, done to my team? small results, several teams advanced in state cup won spring cup? try outs, don't ALL clubs have try outs? more to teach, what was to stop them from teaching here? wanting to learn more don't all kids want to learn more? Walked into positions, did they take someones job or did they just start a new team, did xplosion not take anybody or any teams that wanted to go there?

If you are trying to compare LMSA to xplosion don't we are for the kids in LM

Name doesn't fit comment
in the know wrote:
xplosion has grown and will probably stay small compared to other clubs including lmsa. the big difference is Quality and that is what xplosion continues to do. just look at their accomplishments: State Cup Championship Team, Major Club Tournaments Champions/Finalist, and Beach Champions. Also, they are not in the habit of poaching players like many of the other clubs. they hold tryouts year round. lmsa has the big talk with small results and the coach's that left was because they had more to teach, but lmsa people who drive the bus couldn't handle the competition. The Coach's that left pre-Club lmsa all walked into a Club Coaching position w/players that wanted to learn more. keeping it real
Rookie Coach

Whittier, CA

#2647 Jul 9, 2013
Every coach seems to bring his own recipes to the table. Money wont always buy you the best. Coaches can put them self's on their own pedestals. But give daddy coaching a chance! If your son /daughter has not improved or team is stagnant then that coach has peaked. Because coaches also reach stagnant levels. Then maybe it is time to seek another coach. Great coaches develop kids but also win. Because if they didnt the kids leave after a season or two. Lets not fool anyone we play to win as coaches so dont lie and say i dont care if i win or loose its about teaching. if thats your view then be a trainer. Remind a 10 year old whos team never wins its ok after two season you guys are still learning? look at your kids faces when they win and when they loose look at parents demeanor when the team gets scored on. no need to go there on this topic. So if after two or three season with same coaches and nothing is changing then judge your daddy coach. Yes funderberg we are fathers. and thank you for supporting LMSA even if your w Xplosion. no bitterness here seems personal.
Coach too

La Mirada, CA

#2648 Jul 9, 2013
Rookie Coach wrote:
Every coach seems to bring his own recipes to the table. Money wont always buy you the best. Coaches can put them self's on their own pedestals. But give daddy coaching a chance! If your son /daughter has not improved or team is stagnant then that coach has peaked. Because coaches also reach stagnant levels. Then maybe it is time to seek another coach. Great coaches develop kids but also win. Because if they didnt the kids leave after a season or two. Lets not fool anyone we play to win as coaches so dont lie and say i dont care if i win or loose its about teaching. if thats your view then be a trainer. Remind a 10 year old whos team never wins its ok after two season you guys are still learning? look at your kids faces when they win and when they loose look at parents demeanor when the team gets scored on. no need to go there on this topic. So if after two or three season with same coaches and nothing is changing then judge your daddy coach. Yes funderberg we are fathers. and thank you for supporting LMSA even if your w Xplosion. no bitterness here seems personal.
Why do all these daddy coaches or has been coaches keep attempting to degrade a coach/trainer who asked for fees to work with someone's kid?

Yeah, almost everyone started out as Daddy coaches, then due to hard work and proven results over the LONG HAUL they have found that people will pay for the services they offer.
If they weren't good at what they do, if they didn't have proven TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS in the BIG arena they would fall flat on their face. And they wouldn't have any clients.

Yeah, Daddy ball will get you into Bronze or Silver Club and if your lucky a great seat on the Varsity bench, or more likely a playing role in JV till your a Senior they you'll get some playing time on Varsity. But if you want true results you do have to seek out and find those high level coaches/trainers/clubs.

There are numerous examples of that right now on the LMHS G-Varsity. For example that Freshman forward. She won every award a soccer player can get in her first year of HS. And that is simply because her parents saw something in her,(don's all parents) and then they sought out the best program for her. And it has payed back tenfold.

The local small clubs and programs are good for what they are, but don't sell yourself or your kid short and think that it is even close to the best.
Another example, the Xplosion GU16 that won a Governor's State Cup. Good print, but did you know that division is only for Bronze or lower and Rec/Sig teams. HIGH LEVEL, quality GU16 teams play in the President's Division or for the best of the best the National Cup.

Just trying to help everyone keep they perspective. Don't let someone sell you a bridge in SF just on their experience in where the bridges are.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2649 Jul 9, 2013
anyone know if LMSA will have any kind of team for u14? be it Signature or Club?.so u13 boys is the oldest competetive LMSA aged team?
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2650 Jul 10, 2013
They usually have 2 to 4 Rec teams that play in NOCIL.
Since they are still only going with 1 Club or Sig in U13 and U14 that number shouldn't change much, if at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 1 hr Alcapaisa 2,763
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr BFL 32,327
website on corruption 5 hr Website 1
News Yet another South El Monte problem as Departmen... 18 hr concerned res 2
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) Aug 21 P up hoes down 48
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul 29 Hanson Bologna 4,511
Married with lesbian desires Mar '16 BrenRey 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages