U13 coach Leon

La Mirada, CA

#2480 Jun 14, 2013
Everything we do as coach's is for the improvement of the player and development of both player and team. Not everyone has the same ideas opinions and thoughts. where and when we should go no one knows best then their own coach. My situation merrits club direction i have been waiting this moove since signature went well for us as U11. that year we won fall league and played Coast spring and had a postitive season there. venturing in playing tier one and tier two teams. and still coming back with a above 500 season. what happend then? i lost half the kids to clubs. Why? because i wouldnt leave with the team or the league wasnt going club. now that we offer this how many kids left ZERO. i have rebuilt a team from rec kids that is once again competetive. we played spring one year up and made semifinals, the only two teams to beat us are also going club to u14. all the top signature teams are gone in our age for fall mooved on to SCDSL and COAST. leaves what in signature? my team has out grown Signature.
LMSA Older

La Mirada, CA

#2481 Jun 14, 2013
Good job, coach. You have developed a team that will do well in Club, I am sure

It's sad though because not all the LMSA teams are capable of doing well yet they think they are.

Some teams will have a rude awakening.

I wish them all luck but they must realize that some teams will not go in like gangbusters

Hopefully the coaches have drummed into everyone not to have too high expectations
This way the letdown won't be too great
SoCal Soccer

La Mirada, CA

#2482 Jun 14, 2013
Davis wrote:
FYI I upgraded the GU10 team app to request for Silver for next season, we'll see what happens. So wish them luck.
Hey they just midnight get it
CSL has been so weakened by the exodus of the stronger teams from Orange County to SCDSL that they are moving a lot of teams up to fill spots left by them
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2483 Jun 15, 2013
For those that don't know how it works. Every year each team petitions for their playing level, CSL bod reviews and awards based on past results. Fall League play always is the first consideration, next comes League cup and depending on how and what level a team is Nationals and so on. I have gone to these appeal meetings, when someone whats to move up but doesn't have one of the automatic promotions they can appeal or if regulated down they can fight that also, won some lost some seen a first year team go from bronze to silver elite should have went gold.
The point that I'm trying to make here is the G10 team has some proven success against like teams from CSL and when the appeal meeting happens we will be able to make a case that we beat you in spring- not that spring is as good as fall but it's something and when they are looking at starting new brackets, all U9 teams play bronze, there are lots of open spots. If CSL what's to grow the spring league and make it more relevant they may look also as a qualifying program, so wish them luck. I have been in contact with CSL about them and got help from them. No comment about the money grabbing other program that lets DOC select where teams play instead of it being decided on the pitch for the sole purpose of making more money.
SoCal Soccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey they just might get it CSL has been so weakened by the exodus of the stronger teams from Orange County to SCDSL that they are moving a lot of teams up to fill spots left by them
SCDSL

Visalia, CA

#2484 Jun 15, 2013
Davis wrote:
For those that don't know how it works. Every year each team petitions for their playing level, CSL bod reviews and awards based on past results. Fall League play always is the first consideration, next comes League cup and depending on how and what level a team is Nationals and so on. I have gone to these appeal meetings, when someone whats to move up but doesn't have one of the automatic promotions they can appeal or if regulated down they can fight that also, won some lost some seen a first year team go from bronze to silver elite should have went gold.
The point that I'm trying to make here is the G10 team has some proven success against like teams from CSL and when the appeal meeting happens we will be able to make a case that we beat you in spring- not that spring is as good as fall but it's something and when they are looking at starting new brackets, all U9 teams play bronze, there are lots of open spots. If CSL what's to grow the spring league and make it more relevant they may look also as a qualifying program, so wish them luck. I have been in contact with CSL about them and got help from them. No comment about the money grabbing other program that lets DOC select where teams play instead of it being decided on the pitch for the sole purpose of making more money.
<quoted text>
what a joke! Petition to play in SCDSL or sorry that would never happen.... You must know better than the countless clubs who bring their teams over from CSL every year since SCDSL started. I think the next team coming over will be the Rangers for Fall 2014. You shouldn't talk negatively about something you know nothing about. Who cares if the DOC picks what flight each team plays in.... I think they have the best intention because it is the coach who picks what flight they want to play in and the DOC reviews it and determines what flight they play. So don't be what do they call it oh yah a HATER there are to many on this blog as it is .
Truth

Visalia, CA

#2485 Jun 15, 2013
SCDSL wrote:
<quoted text> what a joke! Petition to play in SCDSL or sorry that would never happen.... You must know better than the countless clubs who bring their teams over from CSL every year since SCDSL started. I think the next team coming over will be the Rangers for Fall 2014. You shouldn't talk negatively about something you know nothing about. Who cares if the DOC picks what flight each team plays in.... I think they have the best intention because it is the coach who picks what flight they want to play in and the DOC reviews it and determines what flight they play. So don't be what do they call it oh yah a HATER there are to many on this blog as it is .
you mean they wouldn't get accepted to play in the SCDSL! LOL
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2486 Jun 15, 2013
What are you talking about petition to play up petition to play is scdsl LOL
isn't there a reason why there are so many blogs about the flights:(
Not a hater just someone thaty doesn't money should be a motivaling reason
But this "BLOG" isn't about that and we need to stay focus in LMSA
SCDSL wrote:
<quoted text> what a joke! Petition to play in SCDSL or sorry that would never happen.... You must know better than the countless clubs who bring their teams over from CSL every year since SCDSL started. I think the next team coming over will be the Rangers for Fall 2014. You shouldn't talk negatively about something you know nothing about. Who cares if the DOC picks what flight each team plays in.... I think they have the best intention because it is the coach who picks what flight they want to play in and the DOC reviews it and determines what flight they play. So don't be what do they call it oh yah a HATER there are to many on this blog as it is .
Truth

Visalia, CA

#2487 Jun 15, 2013
Davis wrote:
What are you talking about petition to play up petition to play is scdsl LOL
isn't there a reason why there are so many blogs about the flights:(
Not a hater just someone thaty doesn't money should be a motivaling reason
But this "BLOG" isn't about that and we need to stay focus in LMSA
<quoted text>
Sounds good! In the future you shouldn't comment on the SCDSL and flights you have never had teams in the SCDSL so your not talking from experience. I have not seen a team switch back to CSL that was approved to play in SCDSL. So something must be right. Anyways I'm going to respect your request and not comment on this again as I know you will do the same.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2490 Jun 15, 2013
I Think I Can Trace These Characters Through Some New Softwear I Have Installed....Go In Kids One More Post And I Will Personally Show Up On Your Porch And Front Door With In Hours And Two Other Deputies...
Truth

Visalia, CA

#2491 Jun 15, 2013
Sam soccer dad wrote:
<quoted text>i think you fiddle with kids ass's and you should be strapped to the electric chair for your sex crimes 2 years ago !! I know who you are now I'm coming for you boy
You got issues, you should go get Checked out by someone!
in the know

Los Angeles, CA

#2492 Jun 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds good! In the future you shouldn't comment on the SCDSL and flights you have never had teams in the SCDSL so your not talking from experience. I have not seen a team switch back to CSL that was approved to play in SCDSL. So something must be right. Anyways I'm going to respect your request and not comment on this again as I know you will do the same.
The reality is that you are not accurate on your DL info: Fact is that an important Academy Team has switched to CSL & most Important State Cuos where Won by the lower priced CSL Clubs. So your hmwk is to find out...
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2493 Jun 16, 2013
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that you are not accurate on your DL info: Fact is that an important Academy Team has switched to CSL & most Important State Cuos where Won by the lower priced CSL Clubs. So your hmwk is to find out...
Every playing circuit has their niche.
In younger boys, San Diego teams usually win State/National Cups.
In older girls, South Orange county teams. In older boys LA county teams.
From my experience its the community that wins, not the playing circuit.
For example, the arguably the best girls program in So Cal is the SD Surf. Who until this coming Fall played in Presidio.
But they will now move to SCDSL.
I don't think SCDSL had anything more to add to the Surf, they just had better salesmen.

The same goes for the Fullerton Rangers. They have a great boys program and should continue to do so no matter what circuit they play in, which by the way is CSL right no.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2497 Jun 16, 2013
i Heard Xplosion Teams Are All Playing Presently In mexican Norwalk leagues.
Did They Add A Bronze U 13 Team For Boys?
in the know

Los Angeles, CA

#2498 Jun 16, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
i Heard Xplosion Teams Are All Playing Presently In mexican Norwalk leagues.
Did They Add A Bronze U 13 Team For Boys?
XplosionSC has new Bu13, not playing in Norwalk. Is playing though
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2499 Jun 16, 2013
Where Are They Playing Is It A Formal League.? Will That Team Be In Coast With Our BronzE U13 Team In fall?
SoCal Soccer

United States

#2500 Jun 16, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
Where Are They Playing Is It A Formal League.? Will That Team Be In Coast With Our BronzE U13 Team In fall?
Teams play where the games are. The Mexican leagues are playing all the time. The other circuits are in down time.
And if you know anything about soccer the Mexican leagues have great teams in the boys programs. You just never hear about them because they don't have the money to play in the standard Cal South playing circuits or club tourneys which gets all the press.

Go to the Xplosion SC web site, its great for info on the teams/club.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#2501 Jun 16, 2013
Sam soccer dad wrote:
<quoted text>trust be dude when I catch up with you you will have a load more issues to deal with you beast
Your a joke! Stay of this blog if you don't have anything relevant to say. This blog is concerning LMSA.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2502 Jun 17, 2013
using someone else name
this is my name use your own
Davis wrote:
<quoted text> Your a joke! Stay of this blog if you don't have anything relevant to say. This blog is concerning LMSA.
talent scout

Whittier, CA

#2503 Jun 17, 2013
Been there and yes the talent is in masses.
Only to find out and confirm the players are normally playing as younger kids.fake ID's. other kids players cards. Mismatched uniforms. complete direspect for Referee's. 18 coaches yelling different instructions from the sidlines. and the profanity....hay caramba!
It is what it is kids can play for three bucks a game in shorts and a T shirt. But if you do wear your body armor kids.....i grew up in these leagues but was fortunate enough to be found and pulled at an early age with a financial spomser .....i will be the first to give the league the list of kids worthy of this sponsership in their proper age brackets. Nothing against mexican leagues but its a jungle.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2504 Jun 18, 2013
Maybe that's how you, your family and friends use to play when you say you played, but it is a lot more professional now.

But there are a lot of old prejudices still around and encouraged by ignorant people so not matter how well some teams and players do we still hear that bs.

By the way the Gatorade NATIONAL YOUTH MALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, for 2013 was a member of these leagues.

He played for El Rancho HS and recently won the CIF-SS Division I Soccer Regional tournament. This is the one where all Division Champions Play.
And he also got a FULL Ride to U of Washington.

Goes to show its not who you play for, it how you play.
Even the USSF sees that now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) 1 hr marg 124
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 34,436
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 23 hr rickyboy_ssg 2,826
Ticketed for parking in my front yard??? (Jan '10) Mon Come Speak 85
Get a JOB! Oct 16 NOT a welfare rec... 1
West Covina Tow Contract Rigged by Mayor Johnson Oct 16 Corruption 3
Police Chief to be hired this week Oct 16 Watching 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages