Steve Sampson

La Mirada, CA

#2380 May 23, 2013
Its more about what you can do for me instead of what I can do for you now.
Hopefully the BOD's willrecognize the need for skilled knowledgeable coaches from the beginning instead of the old way of having to train new ones each year. It needs to figure out ways to keep these successful young coaches and motivate them into wanting to share their knowledge and ability with the LMSA rec coaches.
Now that LMSA has decided to move into uncharted territory it will need more than just Bob and a few mom & dad coaches to be competitive
lmsa dad

Whittier, CA

#2381 May 23, 2013
Ton of great coaches at LMSA, Signature aswell as Rec. People are blind to the work and skill level of the LMSA club coaching. And speak of old blood theres a ton of great coach's going under RADAR. relax parents you want results and championships ? each team will have different results this fall. So dont put them all in the same basket. its a joint effort great coaching great kids will bring the results. They go hand in hand. Each team knowing the direction they would be taking should have worked harder, scrimmaged clubs teams, recruited players (older teams, youngers the talent is still there no need to go out and recruit). Spring was a preperation stage now comes the real test. keep this in mind if you know anything about soccer....There are rec level coach's in club and there are club level coach's in Rec.... if you have been around the koolaid seen you will know what i mean. Money wont always buy you the best.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2382 May 23, 2013
But a well thought out business plan, (soccer is now a business if you haven't noticed), will go farther than the hit or miss system that is presently in place.
Rangers Soccer

Whittier, CA

#2383 May 23, 2013
Jimmy forcing every player to sell $100 in fireworks with all the money raised to go to Jimmy's personal fund to do what he whats. Fullerton looking for more players. On top of the $2K now you have to raise money for him. And they waited to tell everyone until after they all payed 3 payments to the club. You're screwed now.
Steve Sampson

La Mirada, CA

#2384 May 23, 2013
But the chance to be trained by the USSF coach of the year, who has won back to back National championships is worth it to some people
confused

United States

#2385 May 23, 2013
Rangers Soccer wrote:
Jimmy forcing every player to sell $100 in fireworks with all the money raised to go to Jimmy's personal fund to do what he whats. Fullerton looking for more players. On top of the $2K now you have to raise money for him. And they waited to tell everyone until after they all payed 3 payments to the club. You're screwed now.
who is Jimmy? Is he a Fullerton Ranger coach ?
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2386 May 23, 2013
I'll sell my 100 dollars worth of raffle tickets and pocket my money. Thanks LMSA....
LMSA Mom

Valley Village, CA

#2387 May 23, 2013
I would rather see better coaching in LMSA. Come on LMSA spend a little money!
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2388 May 24, 2013
lmsa wrote:
I'll sell my 100 dollars worth of raffle tickets and pocket my money. Thanks LMSA....
And that's why Rec is perfectly good and needed for some people.

Something for everyone.
BUT DO IT RIGHT. LMSA

Rec for the masses, Sig with it's Mom & Dad coaches, for those who have demonstrated the ability to develop skill and want to see what the next level is like, and finally Club with high level coaches who can really teach the beautiful game skills necessary to excel at the top levels.

Again, BUT DO IT RIGHT. LMSA
u12 signature

Los Angeles, CA

#2389 May 24, 2013
Our boys team will be playing the New Port Mesa Cup Class III tournament This weekend. Some respectable clubs in our brackets...Rangers... Blades...Newport mesa. Wish this Daddy coach some luck.
LMSA Dad Coach

Riverside, CA

#2390 May 24, 2013
I completely agree with SoCal Soccer. I am a rec coach and a rec coach only. Maybe I can do signature, but these signature coaches going club is not enough. My rec teams play just as good of socceeras these "club" coaches teams. Outside of coach Davis this idea of club in LMSA is a bad idea. The idea that after a year these coaches will get expierence and become better is far fetched. None of them will get higher liscenses and pass the training for a D or even a C.
Steve Sampson

La Mirada, CA

#2391 May 25, 2013
u12 signature wrote:
Our boys team will be playing the New Port Mesa Cup Class III tournament This weekend. Some respectable clubs in our brackets...Rangers... Blades...Newport mesa. Wish this Daddy coach some luck.
The top teams are at the Crypress Memorial Cup,
Rated in the top 10 tournaments in the country.

And everybody who's anybody knows that.
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#2392 May 25, 2013
Sampson...u don't have a clue about tournaments do you.?
Look at the teams in cypress, the good ones are at Cerritos Memorial so don't ruffle your feathers!

Where is your team at.?
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#2393 May 26, 2013
Cerritos Memorial Ranked Number OneTournament For This area
Steve Sampson

Los Angeles, CA

#2394 May 26, 2013
Sorry, I meant Cerritos.
A little to much sun at the fields I guess
cerritoscup

La Mirada, CA

#2395 May 26, 2013
Xplosion BU8 in finals at the number one tournament, Cerritos Cup. Good luck little guys!
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2396 May 27, 2013
Greay job by our BU12 team winning the Newport Mesa Cup
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2397 May 27, 2013
opps ment great
u12 dad

La Mirada, CA

#2398 May 27, 2013
Great tournament for LMSA Signature. They beat Fullerton Rangers in the finals. Great job boys! They scored 17 goals and allowed 2 throughout he whole weekend. True it wasn't Cerritos but baby steps for daddy coaching.
xranger

United States

#2399 May 27, 2013
u12 dad wrote:
Great tournament for LMSA Signature. They beat Fullerton Rangers in the finals. Great job boys! They scored 17 goals and allowed 2 throughout he whole weekend. True it wasn't Cerritos but baby steps for daddy coaching.
Congratulations BU12! Wow goes to show you that you don't always get what you pay for. Rangers pay $1800 per kid for "professional training" yet they couldn't beat LMSA kids who pay for "daddy training"..That's classic.(and Rangers GU13 tied all 3 game....not one win at tourny). Rangers BU10 also lost at tourny. What's up Rangers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 4 hr lol 67
Sat night shaver st trouble 9 hr Moni 1
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 12 hr Ace Kings 2,744
The Letter of Harassment and Physical Abuse by ... 12 hr Sheila Ann 18
Lenet Pacheco and Ricardo Pacheco BIg fight in ... 13 hr DF Pacheco Failure 4
Tuttle is BP's version of Donald Trump (Jul '15) 13 hr Mexican Pacheco Yep 19
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jun 13 Go Blue Forever 4,510
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages