SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Don't expect to win regularly for the first 2 years in club. It's not gonna happen.
Your job, LMSA club coaches, should you accept it, is to work closely with the younger division coaches, U6 and U8, and get them to teach the skills necessary to advance up the players ability ladder.
This will not be for all players, but the younger division coaches must learn how to identify the naturally gifted so that LMSA Club coaches can help them develop at the pace they deserve.
That is usually why those player leave.
To get the level of training the player and parents feel their gifted child deserves.
Champion

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

SoCalSoccer wrote:
Don't expect to win regularly for the first 2 years in club. It's not gonna happen.
Your job, LMSA club coaches, should you accept it, is to work closely with the younger division coaches, U6 and U8, and get them to teach the skills necessary to advance up the players ability ladder.
This will not be for all players, but the younger division coaches must learn how to identify the naturally gifted so that LMSA Club coaches can help them develop at the pace they deserve.
That is usually why those player leave.
To get the level of training the player and parents feel their gifted child deserves.
Please re-read your message. If this is what you believe then lmsa is in going to struggle and teeter on failing
. Bob was right when he said the responsibility in Club "Falls on the Coaches" and they need to learn more training skills to be successful.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Most skilled Club players have some natural gifts.
If LMSA thinks they are gonna make silk purses out of sow's ears they will be sadly disappointed.

The whole idea for going into the club circuit was to keep the gifted players from leaving. That's why they started a Sig program isn't it ?

So identify the gifted early offer them what they want and need, at the same time work with the above average players and they will naturally transition into the LMSA club program.

Rec will always exist, with hundreds of kids and families happy to just be playing. But offer something to those wanting a higher level and willing to pay for it.

LMSA is in a great position for the next few years to develop something special for ALL our kids
lmsa coach

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

We Need A Skills Night On A Consistent Basais.For Multiple Ages.
Thats The Job Of
Player development Director.
u12 signature coach

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

So With All The Negativity And Fear For Lmsa Not Holding TheIr Own In Coast Or Daddy CoachinG. Can You All Tell Me Who Yhe Top U12 Bronze Club Teams Are In The area? I Dont Want To Come Back W My Tail Tucked Under and Embaress The League.
Preperation And Knowledge Help.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

I agree but it is up to the coaches to work harder then the players to get better.
LMSA Parent wrote:
Most skilled Club players have some natural gifts.
If LMSA thinks they are gonna make silk purses out of sow's ears they will be sadly disappointed.
The whole idea for going into the club circuit was to keep the gifted players from leaving. That's why they started a Sig program isn't it ?
So identify the gifted early offer them what they want and need, at the same time work with the above average players and they will naturally transition into the LMSA club program.
Rec will always exist, with hundreds of kids and families happy to just be playing. But offer something to those wanting a higher level and willing to pay for it.
LMSA is in a great position for the next few years to develop something special for ALL our kids
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

u12 signature coach wrote:
So With All The Negativity And Fear For Lmsa Not Holding TheIr Own In Coast Or Daddy CoachinG. Can You All Tell Me Who Yhe Top U12 Bronze Club Teams Are In The area? I Dont Want To Come Back W My Tail Tucked Under and Embaress The League.
Preperation And Knowledge Help.
What are you afraid to play the better teams.
Shoot, stay out of club then.
In CSL you don't get to pick your opponents.
You'll face some weak teams, some average teams and some very strong teams.
If you can beat the strong teams you will move up fast. If not your kids will play on lowly Bronze till they age out.
u12 signature coach

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Thats Not What I Asked...The Question Was Who Are They?
LMSA Rec Coach

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

If you have trained your kids right, if you have taught them the skills they need to play the beautiful game at the higher level, if you have taught them how to force your style of play on your opponent, instead of allowing your opponent to dictate how the match is played, if you have taught them how to adjust their game as the situation requires and if you are a good enough coach that has the knowledge and skill to be able to have your team make the necessary adjustment when needed to win, who cares who your opponent is.
Champion

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

LMSA Rec Coach wrote:
If you have trained your kids right, if you have taught them the skills they need to play the beautiful game at the higher level, if you have taught them how to force your style of play on your opponent, instead of allowing your opponent to dictate how the match is played, if you have taught them how to adjust their game as the situation requires and if you are a good enough coach that has the knowledge and skill to be able to have your team make the necessary adjustment when needed to win, who cares who your opponent is.
Very very Well said...
If you want to know the Club's you will face then go to www.coast soccer league.com ,Enjoy Fun homework & relax in your favorite chair
20th MLS Team

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

MIAMI (Reuters)- Manchester City and the New York Yankees have formed a new Major League Soccer team to play in New York City from 2015, the organizations said on Tuesday.
"This is another big day for soccer in America," MLS commissioner Don Garber told Reuters.
the 20th MLS team to New York City. Two of the biggest, most prestigious and clearly most respected sports organizations in the world are joining together to own this team," he added.
The 'franchise fee' for the new club is around $100 million. The new club will face a local rival in the New York Red Bulls, a new top-flight team in New York City..
"I think it will be transformational for MLS and for soccer in America. This country is rapidly becoming a very powerful and passionate soccer nation and it is our view that bringing together these two organizations will allow us to continue that tremendous momentum and bring it arguably to the most important city in the entire world," he added.
lmsa other coach

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

LMSA Rec Coach wrote:

If that was the case then national team coaches wouldnt travel to watch possible opponents in world cup and elimanation phases. all great coaches study and break teams down, they adapt. But also must prepare. all great coaches improvise in the moment those that dont get beat....we are the brain behind the chess match on the field and the kids are pieces that play it out...
Steve Sampson

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Hahaha, you, a coach of 11 year old kids, comparing yourself to a National team coach.
Hilarious.
Let me give you a hint, find out who the best player is on your opponent's team and get your kids to stop him/her. Then you can beat anybody in your age group.
Whaaaaaaaat

Marina Del Rey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Steve Sampson wrote:
Hahaha, you, a coach of 11 year old kids, comparing yourself to a National team coach.
Hilarious.
Let me give you a hint, find out who the best player is on your opponent's team and get your kids to stop him/her. Then you can beat anybody in your age group.
Are you serious?
lmsa other coach

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Steve Sampson wrote:
Hilarious.
If you were the real Steve Sampson you would under stand your probably a couch potato that sits on your lazy but hung over watching golf in that HIPNOTIC stage. I dont consider my self a national coach....its only common sense to know whats ahead try this, go drive yourself to big bear at night with your lights off....does it help to know what ahead.?
Ex-LMSA Parent

Foothill Ranch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

I have met several great coachs in LMSA and many not so good along the way. LMSA is a good starting place. With that being said, I have just met a wonderful man that is a good role model for my child and he really seems to care about all children and the game. His name is George, he teaches private lessons for a small fee. I do not know what city he belongs to or if he even belongs to one. I know he is a coach for a local highschool. If you want your children boys or girls to be trained well and worked hard, I would seek this man out.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

is it George Montalvo
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

coming
lmsa coach wrote:
We Need A Skills Night On A Consistent Basais.For Multiple Ages.
Thats The Job Of
Player development Director.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

noting wrong with golf
lmsa other coach wrote:
<quoted text>If you were the real Steve Sampson you would under stand your probably a couch potato that sits on your lazy but hung over watching golf in that HIPNOTIC stage. I dont consider my self a national coach....its only common sense to know whats ahead try this, go drive yourself to big bear at night with your lights off....does it help to know what ahead.?
Ex-LMSA Parent

Foothill Ranch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Davis wrote:
is it George Montalvo
Great guy. My child is to old to play in LMSA any more I will miss everyone. I wish all of you the best of luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 18 min Loretta Sanchez 200,552
Fugitive sought for shooting of pregnant woman ... (Nov '11) 1 hr EMF GANG 48
1 dead, 1 wounded in Baldwin Park shooting (Nov '12) 5 hr EMF GANG 102
Valley Light Industries facing challenges (Feb '09) 11 hr Lakewood is the B... 551
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
Suspect in fatal shooting of Whittier teenager ... (Mar '12) 12 hr Cowards 109
Smith Chiropractic, a Leading Chiropractor on L... 14 hr Chiropractor from... 2
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
Rowland Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••