Davis

Norwalk, CA

#2336 May 13, 2013
don't confuse CSL with Cal south-
CSL - club no signatue
Calsouth Signature
springcup

United States

#2337 May 13, 2013
LMSA Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
In CSL Spring some matches are Quarterfinals and some are Semifinals. It's pretty much equally divided. Divisions that have a lot of teams are at Quarterfinals.
Go to springsoccer.org . CSL Spring soccer was over the last week of April. Spring Cup, has nothing to do with the standings achieved in Spring Soccer. Spring Cup is May - 18th. The cup is basically a tournament. Everyone plays 3 games, basedon your points, you advance, or not. This Sat the 18th, most of the teams that advanced, will play their semi final game in the morning and possible Final Championship game that afternoon.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2338 May 13, 2013
Yeah CSL And Coast Are Diferent Levels....
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2339 May 13, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
Yeah CSL Has A Signature Bracket.
I Can Only Speak For My Teams Age Bracket . Teams There Are Comprised Of The Lowest Level Teams From The Past Fall Calsouth Signature Season. You Want To Develope Kids Play One Year Up Or Play Coast Or SCDSL. Our Team Can Stick Around Signature Next Season In Cal South And Be Dominant......But Four Of The Top Teams Are Gone For Next Season SCDSL AND COAST ....That leaves TheseCSL Teams And The PRESENT teams Were Beating Now By 5 And 6 Goals....Our Team Needs T go.
Review Springsoccer and Spring Cup.
In the regular Spring season there are no real standing as teams all have different amount of matches. So no real champion. Some divisions only had 1 flight regardless of CSL Rankings. Some, when there were a lot of teams, had 2 flights. With the 2nd flight for the weaker Bronze, new Bronze and any All Star or Sig teams that was participating.

For the Cup all teams that apply to play can. Regardless record.
In Spring Cup teams grouped in Flights.
Flight 1 is the traditionally strong teams, Silver Elite and higher, and teams that have dominated during the Spring season.

Flights 2 & 3 are based on record and traditional standings.

This weekend all matches, some or all on Sat and/or on Sun, and are semi-final and finals. But not in the sense that champions are defined. For example in U10, U12 & U13 Girls there are 3 Flights so there will be 3 Finals. U14 & U11 Girls have 4 finals. U12 Boys have 5 finals.

If a team is in Flight 1, Group A or B they are with the big guys.

So for example, Xplosion BU12 is in Flight 2. This is a good team but they haven't demonstrated to CSL that they deserve to be up with the big boys such as AC Brea which will be a Gold Team this coming Fall.

But keep pushing, those wins pile up and help you move up.
Good luck everyone
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2340 May 13, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
Yeah CSL And Coast Are Diferent Levels....
CSL stands for Coast Soccer League or Coast for short.

But I think what you were trying to say is that there are
different levels in Coast/CSL. Which you are right.
1. Premier
2. Gold
3. Silver Elite
4. Silver
5. Bronze

(Every team starts out in Bronze and wins their way up)

In SCDSL or Development League there are 3 Tiers.

1. Tier 1
2. Tier 2
3. Tier 3

(Each club's Director of Coaching decides what Tier their individual teams play in. Tier 1 for the quality teams.
Tier 2 for the developing teams and Tier 3 for the first year teams and the All Star and Sig teams)
The problems have been that some teams in the DL rate themselves too high and then get blown out by the stronger teams. This has proven to be no fun for anyone.
lmsa

Whittier, CA

#2341 May 13, 2013
My Bad...... not CSL but i ment ESL. ESL does have a signature league with 5 or 6 teams. Not very good teams at that thier now for spring. Coast and SCDSL great leagues with all the top club teams there. but very informative so cal soccer, thanks.
forexample

La Mirada, CA

#2342 May 13, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Review Springsoccer and Spring Cup.
In the regular Spring season there are no real standing as teams all have different amount of matches. So no real champion. Some divisions only had 1 flight regardless of CSL Rankings. Some, when there were a lot of teams, had 2 flights. With the 2nd flight for the weaker Bronze, new Bronze and any All Star or Sig teams that was participating.
For the Cup all teams that apply to play can. Regardless record.
In Spring Cup teams grouped in Flights.
Flight 1 is the traditionally strong teams, Silver Elite and higher, and teams that have dominated during the Spring season.
Flights 2 & 3 are based on record and traditional standings.
This weekend all matches, some or all on Sat and/or on Sun, and are semi-final and finals. But not in the sense that champions are defined. For example in U10, U12 & U13 Girls there are 3 Flights so there will be 3 Finals. U14 & U11 Girls have 4 finals. U12 Boys have 5 finals.
If a team is in Flight 1, Group A or B they are with the big guys.
So for example, Xplosion BU12 is in Flight 2. This is a good team but they haven't demonstrated to CSL that they deserve to be up with the big boys such as AC Brea which will be a Gold Team this coming Fall.
But keep pushing, those wins pile up and help you move up.
Good luck everyone
Thank you for your example of the Xplosion BU12 team in Flight 2. However, you failed to mention the many Xplosion teams that are in FLIGHT 1 and that are advancing as well: BU9,BU13, GU16...All in flight 1. Most of the rest of the teams were bracketed in Flight 2. Matter of fact, of the 15 Xplosion teams that participated in the Cup, 12 are advancing to the Semi-finals and most are in Flights 1 or 2...just another "example"... If you are going to include Xplosion in your "examples" then tell it like it is. Dont bias. Not bad for a club that has been around for a non profit club thats been around for a couple of years.
Chill

La Mirada, CA

#2343 May 13, 2013
Chill out fore, it was obvious Socal was not trying to single out any team.
That's what "example" means. Just showing the position of one and why it was in that position.
The others were self-explanatory.
forexample wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for your example of the Xplosion BU12 team in Flight 2. However, you failed to mention the many Xplosion teams that are in FLIGHT 1 and that are advancing as well: BU9,BU13, GU16...All in flight 1. Most of the rest of the teams were bracketed in Flight 2. Matter of fact, of the 15 Xplosion teams that participated in the Cup, 12 are advancing to the Semi-finals and most are in Flights 1 or 2...just another "example"... If you are going to include Xplosion in your "examples" then tell it like it is. Dont bias. Not bad for a club that has been around for a non profit club thats been around for a couple of years.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2344 May 13, 2013
lmsa wrote:
My Bad...... not CSL but i ment ESL. ESL does have a signature league with 5 or 6 teams. Not very good teams at that thier now for spring. Coast and SCDSL great leagues with all the top club teams there. but very informative so cal soccer, thanks.
ESL is not a Rec program. It is for Sig, All Stars and Select teams that want higher level competition from all around the southland.

6 teams, yeah right. In U9/10 there are 13 teams alone. With Sig/All Star and Select teams coming to play from as far away as San Juan Cap, Temecula, Corona, San Clemente, Long Beach just to name a few.

You can try to build up JUSA all you want, but all they are is local teams from Yorba Linda, Placentia, Orange, Whittier and such.

JUSA is Rec, if a Sig team had the courage to play teams from all over the southland they would have went to ESL,

At least the LMSA teams that went Club had the courage to try the water. Some did quite good.

You want to be the best, play the best. Don't play in a little rec league and try to act like its something special.
I guess its great for the mom's and pop's and their bragging rights but to everyone else its just rec.
LMSA MOM

La Mirada, CA

#2345 May 14, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
ESL is not a Rec program. It is for Sig, All Stars and Select teams that want higher level competition from all around the southland.
6 teams, yeah right. In U9/10 there are 13 teams alone. With Sig/All Star and Select teams coming to play from as far away as San Juan Cap, Temecula, Corona, San Clemente, Long Beach just to name a few.
You can try to build up JUSA all you want, but all they are is local teams from Yorba Linda, Placentia, Orange, Whittier and such.
JUSA is Rec, if a Sig team had the courage to play teams from all over the southland they would have went to ESL,
At least the LMSA teams that went Club had the courage to try the water. Some did quite good.
You want to be the best, play the best. Don't play in a little rec league and try to act like its something special.
I guess its great for the mom's and pop's and their bragging rights but to everyone else its just rec.
ESL is no CSL Or SCDSL....the age bracket im refering to is U12. In ESL U12 boys Bracket, Whittier's WAYS Boys U12 is the the first place team for ESL this Spring. That WAYS team had the worst showing of all teams that went to the State Cup Governors U12 Bracket. Placed as one of the teams at the bottom of the Bracket for fall in Cal South Fall signature league. It is what it is ESL is a allstar or low signature level bracket. Sorry! cal south had no U12 signature bracket this season. The teams had to play up in U 13 Signature age Bracket.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

#2346 May 14, 2013
Both ESL or JUSA are not club.
But it appears that ESL has a Sig league.
Where JUSA is Rec that is designed for All Star and Select teams but allow Sig teams to participate if they wanted to.

Generally the better competition would be in a All Sig program.
It also appears that the Fulkerton Rangers teams which are the cream of the crop in this area play almost exclusively in ESL, with their Sig teams.

You want to be the best or be seen by the best, play with the best.
lmsa other coach

Whittier, CA

#2347 May 15, 2013
The Masses are not returning to LMSA teams going club. And the Players that are trying out are not of the level anticipated. Kids dont fall from the sky people. Especially great players. unless your on top! LMSA teams that will be participating CSL will be primarily kids out of the rec and signature programs. I respect the League for the move to prevent the departure of the talent here with in, by offering the club circuit at the signature price. The basket of kids is great at LMSA they all begin primarily at levels equal to the surrounding clubs U6. Through the ages of 6 to 10 thats where the development needs to be addressed. By 11,12 the foot drills and game creativity should be there....thats where most clubs jump ahead. We cant still be teaching passing dribbling shooting controling drills still...its schematics plays tactics this is needed after 12 and 13 .....to stay competetive with good club teams. Our teams will be fine, its taking them to the next level and bringing the little one up properly...to bring the respect to LMSA.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

#2350 May 15, 2013
Give the program a chance.
It will take a few years to demonstrate if the coaching program of LMSA is able to provide the type of environment that families feel is conductive to developing kids to perform at the next level.

LMSA was successful in Rec, then Sig so give it time to show what it can do.

Then we will all see what worked, or didn't.
LMSA Mom

Anaheim, CA

#2351 May 15, 2013
The coaching in LMSA just isn't good, players don't get better in LMSA and that is fact. Tell me the last player who got better and better? None because the coaching isn't good. And to have a club with coaches who are rec mom and pop coaches.
haha

Whittier, CA

#2352 May 16, 2013
LMSA Mom wrote:
The coaching in LMSA just isn't good, players don't get better in LMSA and that is fact. Tell me the last player who got better and better? None because the coaching isn't good. And to have a club with coaches who are rec mom and pop coaches.
keep telling yourself that will make you feel a whole lot better paying the club fees. Wear your jersey proud you paid for it.
hahaha

Whittier, CA

#2353 May 16, 2013
LMSA Mom wrote:
The coaching in LMSA just isn't good, players don't get better in LMSA and that is fact. Tell me the last player who got better and better? None because the coaching isn't good. And to have a club with coaches who are rec mom and pop coaches.
Keep telling yourself that it will make it all better. You are paying the price for their marketing scheme wear your jersey proud you paid for it.
lmsa coach

Los Angeles, CA

#2354 May 16, 2013
Lmsa Has Great Coachs...
But Remember Not All Kids Develope Equally They Platue After Every Season. Some Just Dont Have The Mental Or Physical Potential To Surpass That Plateue. As Coaches We Can Provide The tools But The Players Need To Put In Their tool Box.......Game Time Comes And The ToolsHave Scattered. I Have Had Kids W IN Six MonthsThat Have developeD more Than Kids that Have been W Me Two Years...Dont Always Blame The coaching

Davis

La Habra, CA

#2355 May 16, 2013
please don't think that the program isn't going to work. it will take time for our coaches to develop and understand what "Lmsa other coach" said which by the way was brilliant
We will struggle for a year or 2 with the older ages just getting players, that was understood going in, and hopefully our younger coaches understand what is being asked of them, they need to develop as coaches/trainers. That is why I pushed for the D level coaching lic. hopefully that will open their eyes and understand that learning isn't just for the kids. We will still have coaches that will coach to win and not develop the players but that is always going to happen. The success of this program is going to be on the coaches shoulders, if they develop the kids the program will work, if not it will be just a bunch of low level signature teams playing club

IMHO
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2356 May 16, 2013
Don't expect to win regularly for the first 2 years in club. It's not gonna happen.
Your job, LMSA club coaches, should you accept it, is to work closely with the younger division coaches, U6 and U8, and get them to teach the skills necessary to advance up the players ability ladder.
This will not be for all players, but the younger division coaches must learn how to identify the naturally gifted so that LMSA Club coaches can help them develop at the pace they deserve.
That is usually why those player leave.
To get the level of training the player and parents feel their gifted child deserves.
Champion

Los Angeles, CA

#2357 May 16, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
Don't expect to win regularly for the first 2 years in club. It's not gonna happen.
Your job, LMSA club coaches, should you accept it, is to work closely with the younger division coaches, U6 and U8, and get them to teach the skills necessary to advance up the players ability ladder.
This will not be for all players, but the younger division coaches must learn how to identify the naturally gifted so that LMSA Club coaches can help them develop at the pace they deserve.
That is usually why those player leave.
To get the level of training the player and parents feel their gifted child deserves.
Please re-read your message. If this is what you believe then lmsa is in going to struggle and teeter on failing
. Bob was right when he said the responsibility in Club "Falls on the Coaches" and they need to learn more training skills to be successful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 min Chosen Traveler 35,374
lost wallet 7-11 puente n pacific 17 hr Need my prop 1
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 18 hr wcCWLxS 2,839
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) Mon Tony 188
News After 54 years, it's the end for DeMille Middle... (Jun '10) Mon Budv44 51
News Police identify man fatally stabbed inside Paci... Jan 19 poidawg 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan 14 Walls work 4,563

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages