Spring CSL

Whittier, CA

#2194 Apr 6, 2013
CSL in the spring is nothing. Look at the records of the teams playing. Most are new, rebuilding, trying players out or just weak. Teams that won bronze are playing up in the upper brackets if they are even playing in the league. Many teams are not playing in the spring. Training, friendlies are the ticket. Don't get too excited yet.
LM Soccer

Canyon Country, CA

#2195 Apr 6, 2013
True, Spring is only for development.
But if they go to the simi-finals in Spring Cup
they might have legitimate request.

But still CSL only relegates temas based usually on the Fall season, League Cup results and State/National Cup results.

First Fall year in CSL, patience.
LMSA Dad

South Gate, CA

#2196 Apr 7, 2013
It looks like the Big Dog Davis is advancing in State Cup. So far undefeated in pool play and will be moving on to the next round. The old dog must have a few tricks up his sleeve proving he knows what he is doing for our new Club program.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2197 Apr 7, 2013
Good For Our Program.....Some Teams Already Starting Open Tryouts Tomorow. Lets Get The Word Out. ......Its Dates And Times Are On The Website.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2198 Apr 7, 2013
LAFC wrote:
We are U16 I don't know the U12 coach. You should eMail l him for a match. I doubt he will accept, there is nothing to gain out of it for them.
Yeah Thanks
Our Boys U12 Signature. Played AC Brea This Weekend. Same Team LAFC. played last Week. Let Me Rephrase AC Brea Team With Four Gold Players Because It Was A Scrimmage. 2 Nill .... Signature ! AC Brea ...Class .....No British Ego. Your Right Nothing To gain But Humility.
Soccer Dad

Canyon Country, CA

#2199 Apr 7, 2013
AC Brea has 2 U12 teams. Once is a Gold team, Coach RUS, the other is a Bronze team.
You played the Bronze team. The same one the LA(Premier)FC,(New name for the Club),
team played s week ago. Oh an by the way, the game with the LAPFC team was 4-0 but should have been a lot worse. That LAPFC club was good. Brea did good to just keep the score decent.

Its a good idea to get your facts straight. Still LMSA will break even with Bronze teams, some are good some are not so good, that's why its Bronze.
Anybody who has the money can play.

You have something to cheer about when you get relegated to Silver, till then just have fun.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#2200 Apr 7, 2013
Check The Results For LAPFC VRS BREA coast League. Results. Three To Zero.I Know Both Teams Jp's And Marius. I Never Said They Played The Gold Team Cowboy. The AC Brea Team Lacked pLayers So They Guessed A Few Gold Playrers. Two Or Three Bench Players Absent. No Players Cards RequIred For Scrimmage.... I Know The Club Scene More Than You Think. By The Way They Have Played Marius's Gold Team Last Spring. As Signature. I Dont.Like Signature To Get Under Valued.
LMSA AYSO Dad too

Canyon Country, CA

#2201 Apr 8, 2013
Come on now. Sig is Rec. you can suger coat it all you want. It's still Rec. it is designed to introduce players and families into to more intense level that club is.

I have seen most Sig teams that try to transition into club as teams have nothing but dissapointment. They would win a few sure, but generally they break apart after 3 or 4 years of staying in Bronze.
LMSA is in a unique situation. They can either learn quickly and do what has to be done to be successful or they can wallow in their rise colored dreams that they are doing good just to be in club.

They have good players with lots of potential and decent coaches for Rec, but they must learn to get to the next level and have success it will take more.
bronze

Whittier, CA

#2202 Apr 9, 2013
3/4 of the bronze or tier 3 teams should be playing signature then. Lmsa teams are better than half the bronze teams already without the $2K a year spent.
On_Frame

Covina, CA

#2203 Apr 9, 2013
if a team isn't out of bronze within two seasons, the team should be scrapped. take the one or two players who may have shown some promise and move on. look for another team. and the parents should know by then whether or not club sport is for their child. i have to laugh at the ego-driven parent who continues to shop his kid around from team to team, looking for the playing time he thinks his kid should get. it's not rocket science. either your kid has "it", or he doesn't. in rec, we coaches are forced to take in kids that want no part of participating in the sport. kids who are forced to play for daddy or mommy. there is no place for that at the club level. and taking a team that has no business being above rec is unfair to the kids, and a rip-off to the parents who - led by their own delusions of grandeur - pay through the nose to have the chance to tell their friends on Facebook, "My kid plays club." By doing this, the "prestige" of playing club ball at the lower levels (sub Silver-Elite/Flight 2) has been diluted. It even often permeates into Gold Level especially with two governing bodies (CSL/SCDSL) fighting for talent. This is true for all sports, as every ex-jock on the street feels he is capable of coaching at - what used to be the - elite club/travel level.
My point is, LMSA, unless they can develop more than two or three "elite"-level caliber players in a particular age-group, ready to make the jump from rec, should not cater to the egos of the parents. Placing a team in club just for the sake of saying it's "club" is a disservice to the kids. I'm not sure why the league feels it's necessary to graduate to include club status among its ranks. Why can't it be satisfied with providing a low-cost developmental, recreational venue? Why can't it continue to be satisfied with allowing its talent to move beyond the league's scope to the next level, as each individual child's
talent(s) predicate? Face it, 99% of the kids in LMSA's system WILL NOT gain scholarships, so why not let the league serve its true function of offering a relaxed, low-cost, glorified form of P.E.
Those in the 1%(as well as who are kidding themselves) hollering for the league to include club level teams have several local options, to which they can move Junior for his chance to shine on a bigger stage. Most will get a big slap of reality to the face.
LM MOM

Pico Rivera, CA

#2204 Apr 9, 2013
Sounds like you are Hurt buddy!
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>STRIKERS IS A SINKING SHIP!!!!!! STEER CLEAR!!!!! I KNOW SO MANY X LMSA KIDS THAT HAVE LEFT STRIKERS!!! GO TO RANGERS OR XPLOSION, CERRITTOS, ANYWHERE BUT STRIKERS..LOL! DONT SIGN ANYTHING OR PAY ANYTHING. HOLD ONTO YOUR CALSOUTH ID AND PLAY AS GUEST PLAYERS ALL SPRING!! YOU CAN PLAY ON DIFF TEAMS, AS LONG AS U HAVE YOUR ID. ROSTERS CAN CHANGE WEEKELY IN SPRING. CLUB SHOP AND ENJOY!(BUT ALWAYS KEEP YOUR ID)
lmsa dad

Compton, CA

#2205 Apr 9, 2013
So Girls U 14 Pride LMSA will Be Playing Norwal Implosion. Next WeekS Round In State Cup...Get Them Big Dog!
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2206 Apr 9, 2013
If we are to just be a feeder system to the local bronze teams why not just keep those kids and volunteers here and have bronze and maybe a few higher teams?

Lmsa will be growing and hopefully have added value to the local High school teams and kids. Some kids need the higher level of competition to grow as players and without the opportunity they get stagnant or leave. You can look at this as we are just changing the group that schedules our games from Sig to CSL with a few extra benifits. We needed to do something to grow the program to retain kids and volunteers, when kids leave they sometimes take there parents with them - not always bad LOL- and that hurts the program.

Yes the 1% should be playing gold or better.

Believe me nothing from this blog or any crying by anyone for club had anything to do with me making the proposal to include "club" in LMSA. Our by-laws include player devoplment now we can work on that with training that will get to all the kids.

Other then the 3 or 4 of us here, anyone else come to meetings or help out the program, posting here doesn't count.

Bob
On_Frame wrote:
if a team isn't out of bronze within two seasons, the team should be scrapped. take the one or two players who may have shown some promise and move on. look for another team. and the parents should know by then whether or not club sport is for their child. i have to laugh at the ego-driven parent who continues to shop his kid around from team to team, looking for the playing time he thinks his kid should get. it's not rocket science. either your kid has "it", or he doesn't. in rec, we coaches are forced to take in kids that want no part of participating in the sport. kids who are forced to play for daddy or mommy. there is no place for that at the club level. and taking a team that has no business being above rec is unfair to the kids, and a rip-off to the parents who - led by their own delusions of grandeur - pay through the nose to have the chance to tell their friends on Facebook, "My kid plays club." By doing this, the "prestige" of playing club ball at the lower levels (sub Silver-Elite/Flight 2) has been diluted. It even often permeates into Gold Level especially with two governing bodies (CSL/SCDSL) fighting for talent. This is true for all sports, as every ex-jock on the street feels he is capable of coaching at - what used to be the - elite club/travel level.
My point is, LMSA, unless they can develop more than two or three "elite"-level caliber players in a particular age-group, ready to make the jump from rec, should not cater to the egos of the parents. Placing a team in club just for the sake of saying it's "club" is a disservice to the kids. I'm not sure why the league feels it's necessary to graduate to include club status among its ranks. Why can't it be satisfied with providing a low-cost developmental, recreational venue? Why can't it continue to be satisfied with allowing its talent to move beyond the league's scope to the next level, as each individual child's
talent(s) predicate? Face it, 99% of the kids in LMSA's system WILL NOT gain scholarships, so why not let the league serve its true function of offering a relaxed, low-cost, glorified form of P.E.
Those in the 1%(as well as who are kidding themselves) hollering for the league to include club level teams have several local options, to which they can move Junior for his chance to shine on a bigger stage. Most will get a big slap of reality to the face.
On_Frame

Arcadia, CA

#2207 Apr 9, 2013
Davis wrote:
If we are to just be a feeder system to the local bronze teams why not just keep those kids and volunteers here and have bronze and maybe a few higher teams?
Lmsa will be growing and hopefully have added value to the local High school teams and kids. Some kids need the higher level of competition to grow as players and without the opportunity they get stagnant or leave. You can look at this as we are just changing the group that schedules our games from Sig to CSL with a few extra benifits. We needed to do something to grow the program to retain kids and volunteers, when kids leave they sometimes take there parents with them - not always bad LOL- and that hurts the program.
Yes the 1% should be playing gold or better.
Believe me nothing from this blog or any crying by anyone for club had anything to do with me making the proposal to include "club" in LMSA. Our by-laws include player devoplment now we can work on that with training that will get to all the kids.
Other then the 3 or 4 of us here, anyone else come to meetings or help out the program, posting here doesn't count.
Bob
<quoted text>
Bob, while it would be nice to have LMSA feed kids to the local HS, most won't even reach that, UNLESS they also play at club level. And, the talented kids can still contribute even though they've moved on to other clubs.
It's just the reality of today's youth sporting world. You know as well as most that HS ball is not the beautiful game that we love. It is a more physical, sloppily-played version. A HS coach is very fortunate if he/she has more than three really skilled players, except in rare instances where programs like Sunny Hills, La Serna, La Mirada (Girls), San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Santa Margarita, etc. seem to re-load every year.
"Growing" a league doesn't necessarily mean adding club to your league's credentials. Coaching development is the most critical component of any successful program. Good coaching=player development which allows us to proudly watch our former charges compete successfully at the next level, wherever that may be. If we can contribute to improving the quality of play, and thus the success of the SPORT, there isn't a whole lot more to ask for. There is no shame in allowing the more gifted to move elsewhere. The league should look upon that as a source of pride.
Champion

Whittier, CA

#2208 Apr 9, 2013
On_Frame wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, while it would be nice to have LMSA feed kids to the local HS, most won't even reach that, UNLESS they also play at club level. And, the talented kids can still contribute even though they've moved on to other clubs.
It's just the reality of today's youth sporting world. You know as well as most that HS ball is not the beautiful game that we love. It is a more physical, sloppily-played version. A HS coach is very fortunate if he/she has more than three really skilled players, except in rare instances where programs like Sunny Hills, La Serna, La Mirada (Girls), San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Santa Margarita, etc. seem to re-load every year.
"Growing" a league doesn't necessarily mean adding club to your league's credentials. Coaching development is the most critical component of any successful program. Good coaching=player development which allows us to proudly watch our former charges compete successfully at the next level, wherever that may be. If we can contribute to improving the quality of play, and thus the success of the SPORT, there isn't a whole lot more to ask for. There is no shame in allowing the more gifted to move elsewhere. The league should look upon that as a source of pride.
LMSA has taken the correct step by moving up into the higher levels and the best part is they are not sucked into the expensive Clubs that charge too much for Bronze just to pay the Coach's car note. LMSA, all ahead steady, and in the next few seasons should begin to reap it rewards for stepping up at a reasonable fee. The near challenge will be for them to filter their Players into the High schools which have always counted on Club for quality Players.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2209 Apr 9, 2013
fyi there were 7 girls on the Pride that played HS last season
LMSA AYSO Dad too

Kent, WA

#2210 Apr 9, 2013
The real question is how manny were starting Varsity ?
LMSA AYSO Dad too

Kent, WA

#2211 Apr 9, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
So Girls U 14 Pride LMSA will Be Playing Norwal Implosion. Next WeekS Round In State Cup...Get Them Big Dog!
Know families on both teams. Last time they played Xplosion won but Bob tried to blame the ref.

Should be a good game, with both touch lines going crazy at the refs.
My money is on LMSA though, rematches usually go to the team that lost the 1st round.
LMSA Dad

South Gate, CA

#2212 Apr 9, 2013
LMSA AYSO Dad too wrote:
<quoted text>
Know families on both teams. Last time they played Xplosion won but Bob tried to blame the ref.
Should be a good game, with both touch lines going crazy at the refs.
My money is on LMSA though, rematches usually go to the team that lost the 1st round.
My money is on the coach who makes the biggest adjustment...
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2213 Apr 9, 2013
As FRESHMAN one-
1 varsity
2 jv
4 frosh/soph

That's not bad for a rec team is it. Next year there will be 15 and no they won't beat out the premier level payers we all know that so just keep it to yourself. I know you are going to say some trashy stuff just to attack me and the program DON'T we don't need that here, add value not slamming something that we just started. We will have a good program but it will take a few years so don't put us down because you think you know everything.
I didn't see where you had any ideas to make the program better?

Many only has one "n" or did you mean Manny and I don't have any Manny on the team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 1 hr BUDSMOKER1503OC 1,712
Holy Cross Appears on Mars 1 hr Herme 5
Was Taylor indicted? 2 hr Truth 2
News Around the Valley (Oct '07) 3 hr E report 38
Del Terra and the Three Amigos in BP Transit Sc... 3 hr Pacheco Garcia Lo... 1
Gigantic Mammary Wanders Onto PCH 8 hr Martin Roth 7
David Letterman's Face Infected With Wrinkles 8 hr tellinitlikeitis 3
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]