Old School

United States

#2014 Mar 8, 2013
What bashing, David ?
All I read now is constructive opinions and comments on the possible direction LMSA
should take now that it has moved into the
direction of Club.
Only those who are defensive naturally can take offense from what I see.
Read comments that have been expressed recently for what they are, ideas for the future
if you have vision.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#2015 Mar 9, 2013
Isn't the last post about bashing me weren't the attacks on me or other bod members just a few blog's ago? Just looking to attack when the op is there, what value did that post have, the in-site of my post was true and to the point I said WE need to get better and you just what to attack my last comment not the post in it's entirety.

It would be like me attacking you because you spelled my name wrong, it's Davis not David and totally ignoring the complete post. Now that is old school.

Just to make a couple of comment on other post,
First we have 2 D coaches in Lmsa right now 2 more working on it for the fall and I'm looking at one more, so we could/should have at least 5 in Lmsa for the fall.
As far as bring in a tech dir they aren't cheap, when I was looking at bringing one in a few yr's ago for another program they wanted around $25,000 or $45,000 per yr and that didn't include the cost of the trainers. So any ideas on how to pay for it? Not sure how much someone would cost now or how much value they could bring unless they were to have total power over the program and bring in their own coaches/trainers.
We are looking at putting a program together from within and trying to keep it assessable to all the Lmsa kids. Some teams will still have trainers, but if we coach's can and I think there are some that will, develop to the higher level then we can put together a pretty good program.
LM Parent

Whittier, CA

#2016 Mar 9, 2013
Good for the coach that realizes that the players need different styles for the players to improve. I like want is being said. Signature type teams, with signature type player costs being able to play in a club type circut. Sounds like a bargain.

How are parents going to take the club rules with no guarenteed playing time or cost caps that come with club programs? This will cause players to leave or not even come out to play. It's a fine line but keep it simple and low costs then I am ready to sing my son up. I can't afford club fees so hopefully it isn't going to increase the cost to the parent.

By the way I don't want to pay an extra $200 for you technical director so keep it with parent coaches.

One more thing, when someone states over and over that they are in it for the kids it throws up a red flag. Those who are doing for the kids will stand above the rest without having to tell people over and over again. Same for good coaches. It will be seen so you don't have to tell people how good you are and how much you know.
LM Parent

Gardena, CA

#2017 Mar 9, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
Good for the coach that realizes that the players need different styles for the players to improve. I like want is being said. Signature type teams, with signature type player costs being able to play in a club type circut. Sounds like a bargain.
How are parents going to take the club rules with no guarenteed playing time or cost caps that come with club programs? This will cause players to leave or not even come out to play. It's a fine line but keep it simple and low costs then I am ready to sing my son up. I can't afford club fees so hopefully it isn't going to increase the cost to the parent.
By the way I don't want to pay an extra $200 for you technical director so keep it with parent coaches.
One more thing, when someone states over and over that they are in it for the kids it throws up a red flag. Those who are doing for the kids will stand above the rest without having to tell people over and over again. Same for good coaches. It will be seen so you don't have to tell people how good you are and how much you know.
I have a question will all Rec teams participate in CSL, or just signature?..Club is getting too expensive, I may have to pull my son and take him back to LMSA?
Soccer Fan

Valley Village, CA

#2018 Mar 10, 2013
LMSA can afford a part time technical director.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2019 Mar 10, 2013
Soccer Fan wrote:
That doesnt mean we should.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2020 Mar 10, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question will all Rec teams participate in CSL, or just signature?..Club is getting too expensive, I may have to pull my son and take him back to LMSA?
We currently have restricted Sig/CSL to one team per age group GU9 GU10 ect......,He would have to tryout for the team. That is currently how it stands. Find out the coach for your age group at lamiradasoccer.org see if the coach is a good match for you and your family. The overriding philosophy for LMSA affordable soccer at all levels.
LM Parent

Whittier, CA

#2021 Mar 10, 2013
Ok lots of infor here. Low cost like local Juventus and xplosion with some coaches using a trainer(1 or 2 days?). Added cost covers added expenses only not a paid technical director and his band of profiteers or expensive lighting projects. Same philosophy as teams playing is Signature.
Questions:
Playing time minimums?
Cost cap?
Trainers would then be choice of teams, no LMSA interference?
Are coaches going to ask to get paid now?
Sounds almost like same signature rules, just playing in csl now. Any differences?
Davis

Whittier, CA

#2022 Mar 11, 2013
Ok how if you give me a reasoable plan I run with it
Soccer Fan wrote:
Davis

Whittier, CA

#2023 Mar 11, 2013
The plan is basically the same as Sig-same rules- but playing CSL just playing a dif gaming circuit we will approve the plan next BOD meeting.
LM Parent wrote:
Ok lots of infor here. Low cost like local Juventus and xplosion with some coaches using a trainer(1 or 2 days?). Added cost covers added expenses only not a paid technical director and his band of profiteers or expensive lighting projects. Same philosophy as teams playing is Signature.
Questions:
Playing time minimums?
Cost cap?
Trainers would then be choice of teams, no LMSA interference?
Are coaches going to ask to get paid now?
Sounds almost like same signature rules, just playing in csl now. Any differences?
Davis

Whittier, CA

#2024 Mar 11, 2013
AS ONE THAT IS DOING THIS FOR THE KIDS I CERTAINLY WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN BY RED FLAGS BE CAREFUL HERE YOU ARE TRENDING ON SLANDER
MAYBE IT'S ME BEING PARANOID BUT I CERTAINLY DON'T LIKE THE ACCUSATIONS
LM Parent wrote:
Parent

Anaheim, CA

#2025 Mar 11, 2013
According to the website it looks like LMSA is partnering or endorsing the Seahorses. Maybe they will be directing our club. I heard Matt Morse is a qualified guy and can get real coaches to coach the LMSA club teams not Mom's and Dad's of kids.
$club

United States

#2026 Mar 11, 2013
Parent wrote:
According to the website it looks like LMSA is partnering or endorsing the Seahorses. Maybe they will be directing our club. I heard Matt Morse is a qualified guy and can get real coaches to coach the LMSA club teams not Mom's and Dad's of kids.
Look, nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you must play in LMSA. If you want "real" training (maybe you can enlighten us on what that means) by all means, head over the the local $1500 bank. They will gladly take your money, assuming your child is good enough, you may or may not get good training, and having an English accent means nothing!

That said, people need to chill on the mom and pop crap talking. Many coaches in sig currently have applied themselves as coaches, and bust their a$$ to train YOUR kids. Talk enough crap about them, they are bound to leave. Then you will be stuck with the 2nd tier sig coaches, then you will complain even more.
The league had 2 new coaches. 1 girls, who Did exceptionally well, I'm sure none of his parents are complaining about him, the other tool over a team whom the head coach moved on with his kid. Last I heard, MANY parents were complaining (various reasons) his team did not finish well at all, and that age now has no coach.
Parent

Anaheim, CA

#2027 Mar 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="$club"]<quot ed text>
Look, nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you must play in LMSA. If you want "real" training (maybe you can enlighten us on what that means) by all means, head over the the local $1500 bank. They will gladly take your money, assuming your child is good enough, you may or may not get good training, and having an English accent means nothing!
That said, people need to chill on the mom and pop crap talking. Many coaches in sig currently have applied themselves as coaches, and bust their a$$ to train YOUR kids. Talk enough crap about them, they are bound to leave. Then you will be stuck with the 2nd tier sig coaches, then you will complain even more.
The league had 2 new coaches. 1 girls, who Did exceptionally well, I'm sure none of his parents are complaining about him, the other tool over a team whom the head coach moved on with his kid. Last I heard, MANY parents were complaining (various reasons) his team did not finish well at all, and that age now has no coach.[/QUOTE]

I was never critical of their work ethic once, or ask for examples of 2 other coaches. There are decent mom and pop coaches out there. But there are great coaches who have actual licenses (I am not talking about an E level) and experience out there in the city and nearby cities. Go out and get them. Don't be lazy.
Soccer Fan

Long Beach, CA

#2028 Mar 11, 2013
The parent is right. Don't settle for these coaches or start a program with the coaches that are being offered. Nobody is asking for a lot of money to be spent, just put in some effort and doing something outstanding. Or we should have kept this a rec only league like it was originally intented to be.
Old School

Canyon Country, CA

#2029 Mar 11, 2013
First lets get something out in the open here.
Teams that PLAY in the Sig program have to follow the Sig rules about expense.
Teams that don't, such as the new teams that are going into the Club playing circuit have NO MANDITORY financial limitations.
EXCEPT those placed on it by its own members OR mandated by the LMSA BODs. And that can change each season as the make up of the BODs changes.

Another thing, Mr Morse has been given even more responsibility by the Brea AC program that he oversees as its Director of Coaching and Training. So kiss him goodbye.
He is a first class trainer and is well thought of and sought after by quality soccer programs

He is a local resident who started out here in LMSA with his oldest son.
We lost a gem when short sighted people let him get away years ago.

Since LMSA is moving into uncharted territory I hope that those present short-sighted people don't ruin something that had so much potential.

There are many pitfalls ahead. Stop saying what you can't or shouldn't do or thinking that any little change in your private little fiefdom is a personal attack and start really seeing what you can do.
$club

Los Angeles, CA

#2030 Mar 11, 2013
Soccer Fan wrote:
The parent is right. Don't settle for these coaches or start a program with the coaches that are being offered. Nobody is asking for a lot of money to be spent, just put in some effort and doing something outstanding. Or we should have kept this a rec only league like it was originally intented to be.
I'm not buying it. If I want to spend 1500-2k I would have left already, and many would have as well. Why don't the two of you go research and find coaches to take our money huh? Don't be lazy about it either. And they had better be WAY better coaches than what we currently have!

You guys are losing focus of the league. Affordable. Have you done any kind of survey of what people would spend? I have, and its not what current clubs charge. Have you asked the parents if sig teams if they would have their current coach, coach them in CSL? I have! And many said YES, he should stay and coach! That's factual data, from parents currently on a team, not hearsay from outsiders. Why has xplosion grown so much in the last year? Affordability!
Have either of you seen any signature team games? Did you attend any of the finals games from fall? Several girls teams made it there. Coaches are Doug something right! Or was it luck? Doubt it.
new school

Whittier, CA

#2031 Mar 11, 2013
Old School wrote:
First lets get something out in the open here.
Teams that PLAY in the Sig program have to follow the Sig rules about expense.
Teams that don't, such as the new teams that are going into the Club playing circuit have NO MANDITORY financial limitations.
EXCEPT those placed on it by its own members OR mandated by the LMSA BODs. And that can change each season as the make up of the BODs changes.
Another thing, Mr Morse has been given even more responsibility by the Brea AC program that he oversees as its Director of Coaching and Training. So kiss him goodbye.
He is a first class trainer and is well thought of and sought after by quality soccer programs
He is a local resident who started out here in LMSA with his oldest son.
We lost a gem when short sighted people let him get away years ago.
Since LMSA is moving into uncharted territory I hope that those present short-sighted people don't ruin something that had so much potential.
There are many pitfalls ahead. Stop saying what you can't or shouldn't do or thinking that any little change in your private little fiefdom is a personal attack and start really seeing what you can do.
Morse is not the shiz you think he is. No loss for us that he's in Brea/Seahorse/Whittier Christian. They can have him. He's shown no success in any of those places. He's a nice guy but does not know how to motivate players. He's boring as hell. Up and coming players need someone to teach skills AND inspire. He's not the "great and powerful" trainer you're looking for.
Soccer BOD

Canyon Country, CA

#2032 Mar 12, 2013
"Stop saying what you can't or shouldn't do or thinking that any little change in your private little fiefdom is a personal attack and start really seeing what you can do."

This is well said. Read it again Davis, Timmi,$club and new school among others.

These are not attacks, just great long range ideas expressed that far-sighted people should pay attention to.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2033 Mar 12, 2013
Soccer BOD wrote:
"Stop saying what you can't or shouldn't do or thinking that any little change in your private little fiefdom is a personal attack and start really seeing what you can do."
This is well said. Read it again Davis, Timmi,$club and new school among others.
These are not attacks, just great long range ideas expressed that far-sighted people should pay attention to.
Far sighted people with narrow views of the wallet of LMSA their is room for you at the table to help line fields provide supervision. Oh that is right you the idea man. And your Idea is give me your money and all of those troubles will be taken away Magical Soccer thinking. If you want attention paid to your ideas, then attend our meetings they are open say your ideas in public with your name attached to them so your motivations can be examined. And yes they are attacks look how you phased your statement "Private Fifedom" Be brave brother put your name to your posts don't cower in the shadows throwing stones trying to tear down the good works of others. You are much better than that. You know how to get ahold of me should you choose to come out of the shadows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 3 hr Hillary Vomit 182
News Video shows off-duty California cop fire weapon... 3 hr Hillary Vomit 8
News Not My President's Day' march draws hundreds to... 3 hr Hillary Vomit 26
Poor Pacheco another Lawsuit 8 hr Poor Pacheco 1
Tony Aiello receives coveted endorsement from d... 8 hr tellinitlikeitis 3
News Hundreds March In Anaheim, Demand Arrest Of LAP... 9 hr Whitey 14
LOOKING for Green Chiles and who remembers (Sep '06) 14 hr Deedee 64

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance