Memorable places we forgot

Memorable places we forgot

There are 49 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Memorable places we forgot. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

BRAIN BLOWOUT: Memories rage on about the nightlife on the bustling rim of the Traffic Circle in the '60s and '70s, and, we must tearfully admit, most of the memories are a lot sharper than ours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#46 Feb 1, 2014
Anyone remember when we could drive out ocean Blvd onto the ferry to San Pedro? The last time I was in 'Pedro, the ferry building had been converted to a museum. The iconic clock that adorned the side of the building was still there.

Ronald
for bf

New York, NY

#47 Feb 1, 2014
for bf

New York, NY

#48 Feb 1, 2014
PPPPPP

Virginia Beach, VA

#49 Feb 5, 2014
Was in LB from Mar 83 to Mar 96. Favorite places then:

1) Valentine's on Anaheim
2) New Yorker and Saratoga
3) Pegasus by shipyard for breakfast

Every so often used to travel out to Anaheim and go to Crackers. I still wonder how that magician hid that big @$$ goose.
Kevin Payne

Clearlake, CA

#50 Apr 3, 2014
Guerneville is my happy place i love it so freakin much! I just wish that the people loved me a much as I love them.
cccmookie

Pomona, CA

#51 Aug 4, 2014
Low Rider wrote:
No mention of the Gas Chamber, Spring and Temple, Long Beach?
I remember the Gas Chamber! My girlfriend and I used to go all the time - and tell the guys it was our birthday so we'd get free drinks. Johnny Maya's band was awesome. Crazy times for sure.
shivi nimwitz

La Mirada, CA

#52 Sep 16, 2014
cccmookie wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the Gas Chamber! My girlfriend and I used to go all the time - and tell the guys it was our birthday so we'd get free drinks. Johnny Maya's band was awesome. Crazy times for sure.
Oi, the last time I saw the gas chamber, the Allies were cutting the barbed wire.
scott

Pomona, CA

#53 Apr 5, 2018
cccmookie wrote:
<quoted text>

Yep, I was working at los altos hospital and later ran the tennis center at rec park. Hit the gas chamber many times. 8-10 a pitcher of beer as $1.00. I think gals could be in at 18 and guys were 21? actually met a gal there that ended up changing my life. Ruddy Mary house band just made you want to get up and dance

Since: Apr 18

Location hidden

#54 Apr 8, 2018
I remember the ferry as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 26 min Reality Cheque 11,464
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Trojan 35,930
Woman arrested in Whittier Massage Parlor prost... (Jan '10) Mon Oliver Jcat 63
La Mirada Locs Smash LMP (Jul '15) Mon Freeman 60
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan '18 Walls work 4,563
News Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heig... (May '09) Dec '17 la migra 419
News Shooting no shock at school (Apr '06) Jul '17 AnonymousOldFriend 137

Rowland Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages