Middle School In La Mirada Evacuated

A "suspicious package" prompted the evacuation Tuesday of a middle school in La Mirada, and a bomb squad was sent to investigate, authorities said.The explosives experts were sent to Los Coyotes Middle School, ... Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
parent LMHS

United States

#61 Jul 6, 2007
I never said parenting was easy and that the schools were to raise your kids. And yes i did raise my kids with with alot of work to make them successful adults. I grew up in the 60's and 70's so I am aware of the drugs. What I was saying is LMHS is way too over crowded and alot of their problems steam from that as well as the violence from the different races Mr. Hate Idiots and yes I also dislike idiots that can't understand what they are reading.
Hates Idiots

Orange, CA

#62 Jul 6, 2007
parent LMHS wrote:
I never said parenting was easy and that the schools were to raise your kids. And yes i did raise my kids with with alot of work to make them successful adults. I grew up in the 60's and 70's so I am aware of the drugs. What I was saying is LMHS is way too over crowded and alot of their problems steam from that as well as the violence from the different races Mr. Hate Idiots and yes I also dislike idiots that can't understand what they are reading.
THen you hate yourself. The post was not directed at "YOU", as I said you obviously did a good job raising your kids. I also AGREED with your statements of the overcrowding. I never said "YOU" said raising kids was easy.

It was a very GENERAL statement to the GENERAL population at large... AND only my opnion. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.
parent LMHS

Los Angeles, CA

#63 Jul 6, 2007
I am very happy with myself what I don't like are idiots.
Hates Idiots

Orange, CA

#64 Jul 6, 2007
Hates Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
THen you hate yourself. The post was not directed at "YOU", as I said you obviously did a good job raising your kids. I also AGREED with your statements of the overcrowding. I never said "YOU" said raising kids was easy.
It was a very GENERAL statement to the GENERAL population at large... AND only my opnion. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.
Then we are on the same page. Read my original post again. This was not aimed at "YOU".
la Mirada forum reader

Whittier, CA

#65 Jul 6, 2007
So...Los Coyotes was evacuated a few weeks ago?
parent LMHS

United States

#66 Jul 7, 2007
ok so now that we are on the same page??
LCMS Teacher

Orange, CA

#67 Jul 8, 2007
la Mirada forum reader wrote:
So...Los Coyotes was evacuated a few weeks ago?
Funny how off topic MANY of these discussion groups get....

Your post hit the spot and gave me a chuckle (whether intended or not).
Just a quick question

Pleasanton, CA

#68 Jul 18, 2007
If parents are resbonsible for kids education what happens if your parents are spanish speaking with a 3rd grade education? shouldn't I rely on my teachers.
School's should school me
Parent's should parent me
It's that simple. Parents should back up the teachers and teachers should make it easier for parents to make sure their kids are following thru with homework and classwork.
We live in a digital world and it takes sometimes 5 calls to get an answer from a teacher.
Just a quick question

Pleasanton, CA

#69 Jul 18, 2007
sorry "responsible"
LM parent

Whittier, CA

#70 Jul 19, 2007
You are not quite understanding - your parent has 1, 2, 3, 4 children to deal with at home, a teacher has 25, 30, 35+ to deal with at school every day. Your parents can take away your car, television, playstation, telephone, the door on your room etc...a teacher can send you to the office and see you the next day. If that parent is not cooperating with the teacher it is a "no win" situation. Yes teachers are suppose to teach - it is their job, but a parent needs to continue on at home with homework (on a personal basis) with their child when needed- it is their responsibility for bringing you into this world. As far as parents who don't speak english, I'm not going there (that will start a new subject) and this is about Los Coyotes being evacuated, which I think everything went OK there...
LM Parent2

Orange, CA

#71 Jul 20, 2007
Just a quick question wrote:
If parents are resbonsible for kids education what happens if your parents are spanish speaking with a 3rd grade education? shouldn't I rely on my teachers.
School's should school me
Parent's should parent me
It's that simple. Parents should back up the teachers and teachers should make it easier for parents to make sure their kids are following thru with homework and classwork.
We live in a digital world and it takes sometimes 5 calls to get an answer from a teacher.
Parents are not responsible for the education, but they are responsible for making sure the kids do homework, finish assignments and are accountable for their actions. That is part of parenting. If your teachers are not calling you back, move it up the ladder amd call the ditrict. That is unacceptable. However, it goes both ways.
parent LMHS

United States

#72 Jul 21, 2007
I disagree with LM parent2. It is the parents responsibility for their childs education. If we didn't follow thru with the teachers we would really have a mess. I realize there are alot of good teachers but most teachers are there for their pay checks. As a parent you need to stay involved through out your childs education.
Neff Guy

La Puente, CA

#73 Feb 7, 2013
Some Neff loser proly did it.
Scooper

Norwalk, CA

#74 Feb 7, 2013
Neff Guy wrote:
Some Neff loser proly did it.
Why the hell did you comment on a post from 2007?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city improvements 43 min ddepierro 2
Baldwin Park City Attorney Robert Tafoya Loses ... (Sep '14) 1 hr popo 6
Sherilynn Thompson 4 hr Scottsman 1
Buena Park national 6 hr Inside 4
Pointon Had Slix 7 hr Grolling U 2
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 8 hr JC Sosa 1,776
New Years Resolutions 8 hr Levy Athon 2

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at March 27 at 7:11AM PDT

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]