Funny

Baldwin Park, CA

#2426 May 13, 2014
What about wrote:
<quoted text>
The HR department? Froilan is just as corrupt and will continue the legacy!! There are other administrators that are still there that need to be weeded out too. The board needs to support Blanca with cleaning up the district.
The only thing blanca should be cleaning out is her desk. Bitch is just as corrupt as everybody else.
Ring of fire

Baldwin Park, CA

#2427 May 13, 2014
Listen wrote:
<quoted text>
When you clean up corruption you have to discover all the cancer. This ring of corruption at the school district goes from the heads pf departments, HR department , some board members, the police department , the top officials, also some of the employees. You see in order to do all these corrupt things for so many years you have to have everyone in place so the bad guys never get punished. The two ring leaders are leaving office so it will be easy to clean out the rest of the corrupt people once that happens.
If you take a look at Baldwin Park City Hall you see after the recent election the City Manager, Police Chief, City Attorney, and the HR person were all removed. There are still more to come but it will happen by the end of the year. The list is being made for the school district and it will happen also.
Love is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring.
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire.

I fell into a burning ring of fire,
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet
When hearts like ours meet.
I fell for you like a child,
Oh, but the fire went wild.

The ring of fire, the ring of fire,
Still On

Los Angeles, CA

#2428 May 14, 2014
Don't worry they can have as many closed sessions they want but everyone will have to answer to the corruption charges. We will wait and it isn't going anywhere but to the Da's office very soon .
Wondering

Baldwin Park, CA

#2429 May 15, 2014
Since the head custodian and partner in crime are on paid leave, I wonder if the district truck is parked at the district or his home. He's probably using it to run his little side jobs or to move his family.
Need to Know

Los Angeles, CA

#2430 May 16, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Since the head custodian and partner in crime are on paid leave, I wonder if the district truck is parked at the district or his home. He's probably using it to run his little side jobs or to move his family.
So are you telling us Michael has a school truck he drives home all the time as another perk????
If he is on leave so must the truck.
Oh My

Los Angeles, CA

#2431 May 16, 2014
Why is Skvarna's pay a big secret? We have tried to find out how much Skvarna gets paid for being superintendent and the school police chief and we have been stone walled.
I bet the perks, benefits, and pay are close to what the superintendent who just resigned his job making over 600,000.00 a year. We do know most LA county superintendents start at 300,000.00 plus perks and benefits. We are going to get to the bottom of this before Skvarna leaves and make sure the next one does not get this ridiculous pay. This is our kids money for real education and supplies. This ring of corruption and overpaying people is going to end.
Old timer

West Covina, CA

#2432 May 17, 2014
ALL employees pay is a matter of public record. Salaries are routinely shown in the board agendas. What you may be having problems with is having someone in the d.o. find the old agendas and give them to you. They could certainly simply give you that information and the fact that they have not done so indicates them stonewalling. You may have some luck by going to the Tribune and seeing if they have a record of the agenda when it was last listed. Good luck.
Oh My wrote:
Why is Skvarna's pay a big secret? We have tried to find out how much Skvarna gets paid for being superintendent and the school police chief and we have been stone walled.
I bet the perks, benefits, and pay are close to what the superintendent who just resigned his job making over 600,000.00 a year. We do know most LA county superintendents start at 300,000.00 plus perks and benefits. We are going to get to the bottom of this before Skvarna leaves and make sure the next one does not get this ridiculous pay. This is our kids money for real education and supplies. This ring of corruption and overpaying people is going to end.
Other Old Timer

Fontana, CA

#2433 May 18, 2014
Phil Sexton served as the first chief of police as the head of business services. Dave Barker was the superintendent at the time. Fast forward through other superintendents (Kemper, Parks) with no change. Sexton oversaw the department as part of his other duties and was the ultimate decision maker, but never inserted himself into the routine of daily police work, deferring that to the department managers. I don't believe he was paid any sort of stipend for the police chief position.

Skvarna came aboard, ousted Sexton and took over as chief. This is the first time at BPUSD that a superintendent is also the chief. Next think you know, he's carrying a gun, badge and police ID card, and had a take home car that was an unmarked police package unit, complete with hidden red / blue lights. He'd often be seen wearing a polo shirt with police embroidery around the district.

Interesting guy, Skvarna.
Really

Pomona, CA

#2434 May 18, 2014
Other Old Timer wrote:
Phil Sexton served as the first chief of police as the head of business services. Dave Barker was the superintendent at the time. Fast forward through other superintendents (Kemper, Parks) with no change. Sexton oversaw the department as part of his other duties and was the ultimate decision maker, but never inserted himself into the routine of daily police work, deferring that to the department managers. I don't believe he was paid any sort of stipend for the police chief position.
Skvarna came aboard, ousted Sexton and took over as chief. This is the first time at BPUSD that a superintendent is also the chief. Next think you know, he's carrying a gun, badge and police ID card, and had a take home car that was an unmarked police package unit, complete with hidden red / blue lights. He'd often be seen wearing a polo shirt with police embroidery around the district.
Interesting guy, Skvarna.
I am wondering did Skvarna take any police training or the police academy? This all stinks allowing a school district to police itself. I am betting the school police are just like security guards with minimal training and could never be a real cop then. This all makes sense now on how all these illegal things just go unnoticed and anyone who breaks the code of silence is dealt with by trumped up charges.
Other Old Timer

Fontana, CA

#2435 May 18, 2014
Whatever training Skvarna may have taken, if any, would have minimal. Most likely a 32 hour course.

The school police officers on the other hand, have to pass rather rigerous hiring standards, i.e. written exam, oral exam, physical exam, psychological exam and background investigation as mandated by the state for all police officers. The 17 or so week academy is the same as any city or sheriff's department recruit attends. Most of the officers are graduates from the sheriff's academy or one of the local police academies, such as Rio Hondo or Fullerton. Ongoing training is mandatory and those records are maintained and reported to the state. The department is a P.O.S.T. participating agency. Once they have their basic P.O.S.T. certificate, they can, and have transferred directly to other police agencies as police officers. They are real cops in every sense of the word.

The problem isn't necessarily with the officers, but more with the administrators of the department. That is the level that has the ability to control what gets done, what gets out and what doesn't; no different that most of our jobs. What we do on a daily basis doesn't have much influence on what the boss and the boss's boss decides to report to the board of directors. They control the information flow, and can spin it anyway they need to.
Question

Bell, CA

#2436 May 19, 2014
It seems old timer knows the school police facts so here's the the 450,000.00 dollar question how much was Skvarna getting paid for being a want to be police chief and a superintendent? We hear the figure was very high.
The school board will be put on notice that these excessive fees will not be tolerated anymore.
Other Old Timer

Fontana, CA

#2437 May 19, 2014
Question - It's a great question that I have no idea what the answer may be. You'd have to get from the district his base salary and all stipends and expenses paid to him. If they're stonewalling, perhaps a Freedom of Information request could be made? That is something that the Times may be interested in pursuing, as the Tribune has historically ignored the deeper issues of the district.
Wondering

Baldwin Park, CA

#2438 May 20, 2014
Need to Know wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you telling us Michael has a school truck he drives home all the time as another perk????
If he is on leave so must the truck.
Yes, yes he does!!! He proved to be such a fine invaluable employee, an asset for the district and "the club", that he was rewarded with a $8,500 monthly salary (not bad for someone with barely a high school diploma who was making about $4,000 as a head custodian) and the truck is just another added bonus to his employment with the district. Funny though...only top administrators have been issued cars. He has chosen not to have the district logo painted on HIS TRUCK. So he has the ability to drive it at his pleasure. I don't know how he was able to get away with this and the district has allowed it to go on. But I believe the truck is not at the district after all...how is he supposed to get to work when he comes back. We can't have him using his gas and car like everyone else who has to go to work.
Really

Los Angeles, CA

#2439 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes he does!!! He proved to be such a fine invaluable employee, an asset for the district and "the club", that he was rewarded with a $8,500 monthly salary (not bad for someone with barely a high school diploma who was making about $4,000 as a head custodian) and the truck is just another added bonus to his employment with the district. Funny though...only top administrators have been issued cars. He has chosen not to have the district logo painted on HIS TRUCK. So he has the ability to drive it at his pleasure. I don't know how he was able to get away with this and the district has allowed it to go on. But I believe the truck is not at the district after all...how is he supposed to get to work when he comes back. We can't have him using his gas and car like everyone else who has to go to work.
I hear he won't be coming back and if he does have a district truck at home Skvarna better get his dumb ass over there with his little phony cop badge and car and retrieve the stolen truck. The good old boy club is going away with White and Skvarna leaving office.
It's going to be interesting what Skvarna is getting paid also and all his little perks that went with his two jobs.
Eyes wide open

Fullerton, CA

#2440 May 21, 2014
I can only hope that Maria Lopez finds herself in the middle of this fiery ring!
She should have been sent packing long along. Who knows what kinds of secrets she has. I've never known someone as petty as this woman. Who appointed her to her position? You never deserved it!
Ring of fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring.
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire.
The taste of love is sweet
When hearts like ours meet.
I fell for you like a child,
Oh, but the fire went wild.
The ring of fire, the ring of fire,
Your name here

Fullerton, CA

#2441 May 21, 2014
Uncle Markie's salary is about 17,000.00 a month.
concerned citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#2442 May 21, 2014
If there is corruption in the BPUSD, then why did it take this long for this to come out? Maybe some one is still hurting and feels that they need to get revenge to feel better. For all I know, these allegations are just that. Allegations. PPROVE IT. Then talk.
concerned citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#2443 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Funny... Let's see someone messing with your ass job to try to get you fired. You need to be a worthless air head to seriously be worried about a truck and other peoples side jobs.... Or just jealous.
Wondering

Baldwin Park, CA

#2444 May 21, 2014
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny... Let's see someone messing with your ass job to try to get you fired. You need to be a worthless air head to seriously be worried about a truck and other peoples side jobs.... Or just jealous.
Are you ignorant or illiterate? You have to be both!!! Public employees are to provide services for the public. My TAX DOLLARS are paying his steep ass salary and stupid truck. The big issue here is a group of people who have/are taking advantage of the system and creating an atmosphere of an oppressive regime within a school district. It is obvious that it's not only 1 person who sees the nepotism at the district but many. The truck is symbolic of that nepotism and backdoor deals. It is very well know that the head custodian got his promotion by doing away with Ken Westerman. So what goes around comes around. I sleep very well at night knowing the VOLUNTEERING service I give back to the community are benefiting the kids. If you agree or disagree judge my comments please.
ABC

West Covina, CA

#2445 May 22, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ignorant or illiterate? You have to be both!!! Public employees are to provide services for the public. My TAX DOLLARS are paying his steep ass salary and stupid truck. The big issue here is a group of people who have/are taking advantage of the system and creating an atmosphere of an oppressive regime within a school district. It is obvious that it's not only 1 person who sees the nepotism at the district but many. The truck is symbolic of that nepotism and backdoor deals. It is very well know that the head custodian got his promotion by doing away with Ken Westerman. So what goes around comes around. I sleep very well at night knowing the VOLUNTEERING service I give back to the community are benefiting the kids. If you agree or disagree judge my comments please.
How did he do away with Ken Westerman? I'd like to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,403
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr g 2,270
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
Tehama County District Attorney Gregg Cohen ann... (Mar '10) 6 hr janedoe 26
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Ultraman 200,968
situation on Adoree street 8 hr ddb1275 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr Pizza 16,000
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info