BPUSD misconduct of officials and emp...
Here we go again

West Covina, CA

#2319 Jul 4, 2013
So all these wrongdoers you speak of, what did they do or have done. I bumped into this site and all it is a bunch of people complaining as they draw a paycheck. As many people as complain about one persone, there are that many defending them. Just because you are unhappy with your "supervisor" doesn't mean they are bad, it just means that the person complaining doesn't want to work, doesnt like the supervisor and of course they know the best way to do things and how to fix everything, as they sit on the same job for 30 years. "Bell" really? So tell me, these Bell look alikes, how are they the same, oooh it must be the $100,000 the school board earns per year, or the $750,000 the superintendent earns, or the "no oversight" on the budget from anybody...come on do some research and speak with facts
The Observer

Menifee, CA

#2320 Jul 13, 2013
Here's a FACT for you...The Baldwin Park Unified School District, accused of misspending $1.5 million in federal meal money for needy students. The state education department has withheld the district's federal food money and is threatening to permanently cut funding to the district unless Baldwin Park repays the $1.5 million. The state levied the sanctions after it found that the district, used millions in food money from 2004 to 2008 to pay for banking fees and cleaning supplies.
Here we go again wrote:
So all these wrongdoers you speak of, what did they do or have done. I bumped into this site and all it is a bunch of people complaining as they draw a paycheck. As many people as complain about one persone, there are that many defending them. Just because you are unhappy with your "supervisor" doesn't mean they are bad, it just means that the person complaining doesn't want to work, doesnt like the supervisor and of course they know the best way to do things and how to fix everything, as they sit on the same job for 30 years. "Bell" really? So tell me, these Bell look alikes, how are they the same, oooh it must be the $100,000 the school board earns per year, or the $750,000 the superintendent earns, or the "no oversight" on the budget from anybody...come on do some research and speak with facts
beauty and brains

West Covina, CA

#2321 Jul 17, 2013
They stole a lot of money from the needy kid's food fund.What a horrible example they are to our children in Baldwin Park.Kids learn by example.I hope none of them read about this travesty when it was in The San Gabriel Tribune.No wonder there are so many gangs in Baldwin Park.Real life modeling starts from the top down.
Question

United States

#2322 Aug 1, 2013
So is anyone getting a raise this year?
Who do tell

West Covina, CA

#2323 Aug 1, 2013
Question wrote:
So is anyone getting a raise this year?
it won't be anyone who isn't already making 6 figures, that's for sure.
Go De Anza

Whittier, CA

#2324 Aug 9, 2013
Scores went way up!
interested

Hesperia, CA

#2325 Aug 18, 2013
Where is everyone?
Spy gamer

Covina, CA

#2326 Sep 13, 2013
interested wrote:
Where is everyone?
They are all hiding and hoping to stay off the radar. Besides, more cuts and more work for the ones that are left.
More Nonsense

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2327 Sep 15, 2013
Most of us got smart and left the district! I've been gone over 3 years. I never thought it could get worse than it was, but is has.

Amazingly enough, no one talks about the Adult School and how bad it is there. The Senior Director lets his girlfriend run the place, it's a very sad and sick place, yet no one cares. Employees and teachers are abused. It's worse then when Bimbow was there, but, these are Bimbow groupies that are running it now.
Spy gamer

West Covina, CA

#2328 Oct 6, 2013
More Nonsense wrote:
Most of us got smart and left the district! I've been gone over 3 years. I never thought it could get worse than it was, but is has.
Amazingly enough, no one talks about the Adult School and how bad it is there. The Senior Director lets his girlfriend run the place, it's a very sad and sick place, yet no one cares. Employees and teachers are abused. It's worse then when Bimbow was there, but, these are Bimbow groupies that are running it now.
Who is the girlfriend?
ybd

Cypress, CA

#2330 Dec 17, 2013
Spy gamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the girlfriend?
your mom
The Observer

Menifee, CA

#2331 Dec 18, 2013
I can't believe the BPUSD school board are let Skvarna hire one of his buddies as assistant superintendent @ the rate of $11,500.00 a month. Could it be his right hand man, the district head custodian?$11,000 can go a long way at the school level. I'm just outraged!!!
Omg

Sierra Madre, CA

#2332 Jan 28, 2014
Did anyone else see the news today. Tim Novak is accused of sexual abuse of a student.!!!!
the good mother

La Verne, CA

#2333 Jan 28, 2014
Omg wrote:
Did anyone else see the news today. Tim Novak is accused of sexual abuse of a student.!!!!
His name is Tim Kovaks, and I absolutely DO NOT believe this outrageous false allegation!!! Tim is a great father and family man. This is a tragic example of what a twisted statement by a disturbed person can do to someone's life. Best to consider the source before we jump to the wrong conclusion. I know Tim would never do anything like this. He is a man of integrity who has dedicated his life to protecting and promoting the well-being of young children. I pray that the truth will prevail and exonorate him. We are behind you, Tim!!!
Tired of it all

West Covina, CA

#2334 Feb 14, 2014
Old Man Retiree wrote:
Just found this thread. I began working in BPUSD in 1970. I worked their continuously for 35 years,before I retired. Boy can I tell you stories. 43 years ago it was corrupt and a good old boys club. Under Jerry Holland thee were cars for the upper administrators, paid for by the district. And a lot of other things. Yes, I knew where he bodies were buried and used them to get Superintendent Barker fired. Superintendent Kemp came to BP to bolster his resume and preceded to hide in his office and let the administrators do whatever. Then we had Phil Sexton, the Butch Cavendish of Acting Superintendents. Stole enough from Baldwin Park as City Manager and even more from BPUSD. Dr. Parks came along and for the first time in my tenure with the district we had an honest and caring Superintendent. But the good old boys couldn't handle it and the macho male board members didn't like being told what to do by a woman. Bam she was gone. Then came Skarvana, a business man, with little educational background. Didn't see much of him around. He was always hiding from the School Board. The people of BP need to wake up and do like they did in Bell, clear the slates, find the wrong doers get them prosecuted and then work hard to return the district to the people, kids, and teachers.
I agree with some of your statements, but not the one about Sexton. He was an excellent CFO and when he left, there was money for building, deferred maintenance and h never once had to steal the federal nutritional money for anything. Parks immediately started rearranging funds and then gave over 1 Million in computers for teachers without any thought of paying for upgrades. The computers were soon out of date and it was back to the junk yard with them and teachers having to buys their own. The charges brought about Sexton stemmed from Parks and Skvarna being in cahoots to take over the money.
Nothing Ever Changes

Mission Viejo, CA

#2336 Apr 23, 2014
There was a Special Board Meeting last week where Rubio brought all this crap up and WHITE and his cronies shut her down. You can't get to ORONA, HEALEY or ANY WRONG DOINGS by them because they are puppets for SKAVARNA, in his club, his Pups, protected by the fact that SKAVARNA is Judge and Jury in the District and he has WHITE among other Board members in his hip pocket. Nothing is going to come of this and Skavarna is going to retire before they can take anything away from him, Orona (glorified custodian with a GED making 6 figures) will keep on keeping on and Healey will just keep smirking down at all those under him because he got away with it. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE get involved. If you have a story to tell, TELL IT!
If you don't stand up to the problem, then you are a part of it.
Contact your local newspaper, investigative reporter or radio reporter. Put it here let us know. The ball is rolling, don't let it stop! Do something to get rid of these evil wron doers and those who protect them NOW!
CORRUPTION AT ITS FINEST wrote:
Talk about corruption. Go look at Mike Orona and Pat Healys business called Orly industries. Not only are they overpaid in their current district positions they are now doubledipping by selling their homebrewed invention to the district. And to top it off the district has actually bought their crappy product. Who did Orona and Healy pay off to keep their jobs? Google “the puddle jumper ramp”. Isn’t Orona the “director” of maintanance? Wouldn’t it be his job to fix the problem NOT sell the solution to the district? I cannot believe this type of corruption is going on the board members need to look into it.
RealBrave

Mission Viejo, CA

#2337 Apr 23, 2014
The SGV tribune is at DO right now... They have finally uncovered the corruption going on at the students expense!
dumb people of bp

Los Angeles, CA

#2338 Apr 23, 2014
You people are stupid Mexicans you have a voice and you let these people take your money are you dumb. yes how can you let pat and mike take your money hey give me a job I wanna get rich
News Flash

San Diego, CA

#2339 Apr 24, 2014
Well the school board along with Skavana are in deep crap. The word is out the special investigators and the news people were all over at the school district getting ready to launch a full investigation on bribes and kickbacks and stealing at the maintenance department. It seems Skavarna is getting a special going away present which will most likely include Jack White also.
They should look back as far as the bejarano days also where depositions of workers at the maintenance yard were given along with confessions of stealing scrap metal and selling it on school time with school trucks to deliver it. The big boys swept it under the table the money disappeared and only bejarano gets busted.
I hope they fry both of them it's been many years of kickbacks and special favors.
corn feed

Temecula, CA

#2340 Apr 24, 2014
I knew Mike Orona when he was a custodian . He was using school property to a build boxing ring behind his house.
. He was a thief than and he is one now.
How he got the position as Maintenance Supervisor is beyond me. He wasn't qualified that for sure.
I hope he is one of the people that gets fired when this all goes down.
You know who this is don't you Mike?
I used to be a plumber for the district. I'll give you hint , my names Mike too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr What phartze 33,188
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 11 hr LMSA2 8,842
News South El Monte teacher arrested on suspicion of... 12 hr bromoballz 3
News Heroin Highway - Map of heroin traffic in Santa... (May '10) 13 hr Buzz 61
News Driver in Uptown Whittier ploughs into three pa... 18 hr Trish Delish 1
News CA: 24 Members of Florencia 13 Gang Named in Ri... (Oct '07) 20 hr You dumb 483
News 'Cars 3': 17 Things to Know about Lightning McQ... Sat Pure Love 3

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages