Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2013
Crime Fighter

Glendale, CA

#1 Jun 5, 2013
Was made aware of several employees taking 2 hour yoga classes and lunch afterwards and not putting the time down accurately on their time sheets. These employees are also leaving early and still putting they worked a full day. Where's the accountability? Council members I urge you to look into matter.
Say What

Glendale, CA

#2 Jun 11, 2013
Employees will continue doing this because there is no accountability!! You have employees with hundreds of vacation and sick hours in their bank because they can continue to take advantage. And when they retire they hit the jackpot! This has been going on for decades and administration will continue to look the other way.
Car Parker

Azusa, CA

#3 Jun 11, 2013
nothing will change until Breceda goes to jail.
Send them Packing

Glendale, CA

#4 Jun 24, 2013
Car Parker: I AGREE 100% that Breceda is a problem. However, this separate issue of employees taking 2 hour lunches, going to yoga classes, running personal errands (calling them work errands) and basically from what I hear, sitting on their ASS all day and taking off hours early only to lie on their time sheet is INSANE. I agree that there is NO accountability but I think there are also a few women with TOO much power and control. Job perameters seem to get real blurry giving people a sense of security to do what they want and tell others to do as they SAY! These stupid women think they are UNtouchable and it is about time someone puts them on their list!
I cannot imagine how this makes those employees feel that actually take pride in their work and have ethics to see their co-workers and superiors run amuck (sp) with the attitude that no one will tell them anything - and so far, they haven't.
It shouldn't matter how many years a person has been with a company or how many BJ's they have given. If there are a dishonest employee that takes advantage of the City/PD and creates problems -
F I R E T H E M!!!!!
car parker

Azusa, CA

#5 Jun 25, 2013
The fear of retaliation is strong in Irwindale.
Here is how it works. Breceda gives them jobs and as long as they are loyal to him and gives him their vote they do what they want. Nothing will change until Breceda is gone.

The citizens needs to wake up before Irwindale becomes a very expensive place to live
Send them Packing

Glendale, CA

#6 Jun 25, 2013
I refuse to believe that it is ALL fear of retaliation though. I know that is certainly an issue with some but these women are not bright enough to carry out an agenda. There is really no reason why they are even in the positions that they are - access to confidential information especially! They can't keep their mouths shut long enough to swallow!

Others must start being held accountable. The PD/City must start having to answer for their lazy, lying, disrespectful, gossiping, shit-stirring, unethical employees/supervisors! We cannot only hold idiot Breceda responsible. Everyone has free will to make the RIGHT decisions. When they are not made, there must be answers.

I appreciate your diligence in bringing Breceda's antics to light Car Parker but look a little deeper also.
Car Barker

United States

#7 Aug 28, 2013
Citizens Need To Be Warned

Sexual assaults by officials acting under color of law can happen in jails, during traffic stops, or in other settings where officials might use their position of authority to coerce an individual into sexual compliance. The compliance is generally gained because of a threat of an official action against the person if he or she doesn’t comply.
Car Barker

United States

#8 Sep 3, 2013
I'm waiting for Fox 11 undercover to report all these issues to the public. They can make a mini series based on all these stories and corruption. Attention to media officials.
Car Parker

Azusa, CA

#9 Sep 3, 2013
SB313, introduced by Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, would make it harder to remove those cops from the street. In disciplinary proceedings against an officer, a local government could not mention that the cop is on the district attorney's list. Similarly, officers could not be denied promotions because their names have been placed on the lists.

Cash-strapped local governments would be stuck with the officers and would not be able to take corrective action unless they independently proved in disciplinary hearings that the officers had lied or otherwise misbehaved. The governments could also be exposed to greater liability for knowingly keeping bad cops.

That's why associations representing cities, counties, police chiefs and sheriffs across the state oppose the bill. Yet, the Senate and Assembly overwhelmingly approved the bill. Only five legislators -- including Sens. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, and Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, and Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco -- opposed it.

To be sure, procedures used by district attorney offices across the state for placing an officer on the list are inconsistent. In some cases, the cops have a right to a hearing; in others, they don't.

That raises fairness and due-process issues. That's what the Legislature should address. It should be done through a law governing the district attorneys' constructions of the lists.

Hindering the ability of local government to get rid of bad cops, or to deny them promotions, doesn't solve the problem. But it will help rogue officers keep their jobs.
Woop There It Is

United States

#10 Sep 9, 2013
These stories are crazy. Like a Mexican Novela.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man clad in black wanted for shooting at transi... 13 min bottles 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr lechezz 4,998
Another shooting on Foster Road today (Feb '14) 4 hr Mark Furman 2
La Mirada Theatre to Screen Matthew Bourne's Sw... 4 hr Standener 3
POP prostitution sting nets six arrests in Old ... (Jun '10) 5 hr Steve Parr 125
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr landluber suck 200,576
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
Rowland Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••