First Prev
of 6
Next Last
jane

Huntington, NY

#1 Apr 13, 2006
I have been hearing in the community lots of things about a young boy commiting suicide in el monte high school by hanging himself at schools baseball diamond. I am very surprised not to hear anything on the news about it yet. Does anybody have any more info on the incident?
Crazy Mexican

Rochester, MI

#2 Apr 13, 2006
They did talk about it but in the Spanish station news yeah its true.He was a 16 year old male he was my daughters friend I got to know him and he was a great kid very nice boy.I dont understand why the news have not mention this I guess it might not be important to them to mention it its sad that you hear about stupid things in the news that they consider news but when something like this happens they dont bother to talk about it.That way kids could now what is going on out there and hopefully they would not think about doing something like that thems selfs.
Wondering Why

Rochester, MI

#4 Apr 13, 2006
Missy in SC wrote:
What happened? I am watching the news and have not heard of anything.
Thanks,
Nobody knows why this happen why he did it,but from what I heard is that their was a note left by his body.I dont understand why the news have not talked about it maybe they feel its done and thats it.Its a shame that theirs people especially kids thinking that its easier to finish it all then try to get help.
Wondering Why

Rochester, MI

#6 Apr 13, 2006
Missy in SC wrote:
Did he kill anyone else besides himself. Where did they find him?
NO he was the only one and they found him hanging from a fence by the baseball field
Wendy

AOL

#8 Apr 13, 2006
i go to anpther school in the same district and they were saying that one of the reasons why he might have done it is because his gf had broken up wit him about a week ago, but i dont think that could be the only reason why he did it
Wondering Why

Rochester, MI

#9 Apr 13, 2006
Wendy wrote:
i go to anpther school in the same district and they were saying that one of the reasons why he might have done it is because his gf had broken up wit him about a week ago, but i dont think that could be the only reason why he did it
I hope not because I dont think any reason is good enough for somebody to take their life away.
Link to SGVtribune

United States

#10 Apr 13, 2006
Lisa Chhuo El Monte CA

Kerman, CA

#11 Apr 14, 2006
Missy in SC wrote:
What happened? I am watching the news and have not heard of anything.
Thanks,
his name was kevin ho from what my friends said he had some problems and thats what drove him to doing this i still cant believe he is dead i never knew him that long but he was a really cool guy seems so happy in my 1st period class i cant believe that was the last time i saw him. i wish i could of been there so i could climb up that gate and get him myself. I'll never forget him and i wished so badly that i was on that side to the campus in school i would of done anything to help him
Wondering Why

Rochester, MI

#12 Apr 14, 2006
Lisa Chhuo El Monte CA wrote:
<quoted text>

his name was kevin ho from what my friends said he had some problems and thats what drove him to doing this i still cant believe he is dead i never knew him that long but he was a really cool guy seems so happy in my 1st period class i cant believe that was the last time i saw him. i wish i could of been there so i could climb up that gate and get him myself. I'll never forget him and i wished so badly that i was on that side to the campus in school i would of done anything to help him
From what I heard is that people saw him climbing the fence and no one did or said anything I wish some one like you would had passed by to see what he was doing and maybe this could had being prevented.I'm just suprised that people dont care or just to damn afraid to say something, if they saw that he was going up there I mean wont you ask hey what are you doing or something.
erica

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Apr 14, 2006
For what I heard from a friend that know Kevin was that he just did'nt kill himself just because his girlfriend broke up with him it was also because his father recently just had died and his mother is sick and he had family problems.I just wish he did'nt kill himself he should of just find help from a friend or someone else.He was quite a nice boy and I hope he rests in pease.
remember

United States

#14 Apr 14, 2006
He was one of my sister's best friend and an all round nice kid who loved to help others. It's ironic, how he would help anyone even a stranger, but never asked for help himself. It has been rumored that the P.E. teachers saw what was going on and ran the other way!!! If this is true then they'll have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

The news media should really use this as an opportunity to educate people especially teens about depression and how to cope with it as well as how to cope with stress. Teens need to know that there is help out there and how to ask for it. Yes this was a tragic event and really didn't have to end this way, but instead of seeing it has a tragedy we should turn it into a positive by educating people about depression so that thousands of other lives can be saved. I choose to see Kevin as a fallen soldier who gave up his life to save many others. Maybe this was his purpose in life...to give unselfishly and unconditionally.
Wondering Why

Rochester, MI

#15 Apr 14, 2006
remember wrote:
He was one of my sister's best friend and an all round nice kid who loved to help others. It's ironic, how he would help anyone even a stranger, but never asked for help himself. It has been rumored that the P.E. teachers saw what was going on and ran the other way!!! If this is true then they'll have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

The news media should really use this as an opportunity to educate people especially teens about depression and how to cope with it as well as how to cope with stress. Teens need to know that there is help out there and how to ask for it. Yes this was a tragic event and really didn't have to end this way, but instead of seeing it has a tragedy we should turn it into a positive by educating people about depression so that thousands of other lives can be saved. I choose to see Kevin as a fallen soldier who gave up his life to save many others. Maybe this was his purpose in life...to give unselfishly and unconditionally.
If the thing about the P.E teacher seeing this and not doing anything its true somethig needs to be done how can you just turn your back and not help.
anonymous

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2006
This is all rumors stop making up stupid rumors. i go to that school. and it doesn't matter if its not in the news. our school does not like to talk about it. his father did not die. his mother was not sick. thats pure bull. and it was not because of his ex girlfriend. the reason they do not show it on television is b/c they do not want teens copying him. enough said.
remember

United States

#17 Apr 16, 2006
anonymous wrote:
This is all rumors stop making up stupid rumors. i go to that school. and it doesn't matter if its not in the news. our school does not like to talk about it. his father did not die. his mother was not sick. thats pure bull. and it was not because of his ex girlfriend. the reason they do not show it on television is b/c they do not want teens copying him. enough said.
you act like his the only teen in the world's history to commit suicide by hanging himself! I'm not saying that the school should talk about it too the media. What I'm trying to say is that this is something that needs to be taken seriously because thousands of teens commit suicide each year. To put an end to this inclining number we must educate people about how to prevent it. That way people won't "copy" him. I'm not saying lets make a mockery of this incident, but we need to do something more than say "oh, how sad". Nobody will ever know the reason why he did what he did, but we know that it was preventable. I'm talking about educating people so please don't take it the wrong way!!!
Chone

Pasadena, CA

#18 Apr 17, 2006
What Kevin Ho did was a selfish act. don't get me wrong he was a great guy, a Track buddy of mine. I say his act was selfish because he didn't stop to think for a moment, about us,(his fellow school mates) it was terrifing to see him hanging from that fence... something I don't want to see for a long time. In school they talked to us about suicide and how to prevent it... but they never really show us the correct way to grieve. to take this and put it all aside. its very difficult now days to pass by and know that barely almost a week ago we talked to him and in the afternoon saw him hanging from that rope... Yes, a terrifing story sad too, but all I hope is that he's resting in peace. coz, it was wrong for him to take his life that way.. and Kevin.. we miss you and wait for us.... my next race will be for you!
R.I.P
Kevin Ho
Hey, I am just a friend and a 15 year old who still see Kevin hanging from that rope...

kiss,
chone
wuu

Los Angeles, CA

#19 May 6, 2006
i know kevin ho better than anyone on this board. kevin ho did not take this action to hurt anyone. if you were one that chose to step on the water fountain to view him hanging from the baseball diamond, then that is your own fault. i hope that peace will come soon. kevin's father did NOT die. i'm not sure about his mother's health. his ex-girlfriend is NOT the reason of this action. don't spread rumors.
jeanette

AOL

#20 Oct 3, 2006
jane wrote:
I have been hearing in the community lots of things about a young boy commiting suicide in el monte high school by hanging himself at schools baseball diamond. I am very surprised not to hear anything on the news about it yet. Does anybody have any more info on the incident?
OKAY WELL I GO TO ELMONTE HIGH SCHOOL AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEN CAUSE I WAS THERE, SO HERES THE INFO HIS NAME WAS KEVIN HO AN ASIAN GUY. HE RECENTLY GOT DUMPED AND HIS MOM HAS CANCER AND THEY BERLY HAD MONEY, AND HE THOUGHT HE WASNT GONNA PASS HIGH SCHOOL CAUSE OF HIS GRADES. HE FEALT USELESS. BUT THEN ONE TRAGIS DAY, DURING SECOND LUNCH, HE HAD A PLAN, HE ALREADY HAD THIS PLANNED, HE HAD PLANNED TO KILL HIMSELF OVER 2 MONTHS AGO, BUT IT NEVER WORKED BECAUSE THERE WAS ALWAYS SOME ONE WACTHING OVER HIM, HIS X-GIRL FRIEND. BUT ONE DAY HE TOLD HIS GIRL FRIEND TO COMMINT SUICCIDW WITH HIM, SHE RUFUESED AND GOT SCARED OF ALL THE CRAZY THINGS HE SAID AND DUMPED HIM, HE HAD HELP FROM A TEACHER ABOUT SUICIDE. BUT UNFORTINALLY THE DAY HE DECIDED 2 KILL HIMSELF ON THE BASEBALL FIELD, WE WERENT DOING PHYSICAL EDUCATION NEAR THE BASEBALL FIELD,WE WENT TO THE BACK COURTS, SO IT WAS PERFECT NO 1 WOULD SEE, BUT MY FRIEND SAW HIM JUMP FROM THE TREE, SHE RAN AND IGNORED IT SHE THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA JUMP DOWN. WELL HE JUMPED ON TO THE TREE AND CLIMED THE FENSE OF THE BASEBALL FIELD, HE WAS WEARING A SUIT WITH A TIE WHITE SHIRT BLACK PANTS AND A BELT, IM NOT SHURE IF HE HUNG HIMSEF WITH THE TIE OR BELT, BUT IT WAS ONE OF THOSE. 30 MINUTES LATER I WENT OUT OF MY CLASS ROOM I NOTICED EVREY 1 IN A CROWD, SO I WENT TO SEE WHAT HAD HAPPEN, AND THERE WAS KEVING HUNG. WE ALL HAD TO RETURN TO OUR CLASSES, BUT I WAS AT THE 2ND FLOOR AT THE SCHOOL AND I COULD SEE HIS BODY HANGING. IT WAS REALLY SAD AND DEPREASING WE HAD LOCK DOWN, EVREY 1 WAS CRYING. THATS ALL WE TALKED ABOUT, KEVIN HO. THE SAD PART WAS EVREY 1 WAS BLAMING HIS SUICISE ON HIS X GIRLFRIEND SHE CRIED AND CRIED, BUT SOME 1 STOOD UP FOR HER, IT WASNT HER FAULT KEVIN DID THAT. I COULD STILL REMEMBER LOOKING OUTSIDE OF THE 2ND FLOOR WHEN THEY CALLED KEVIN HOES PARENTS AND TOLD HIM. VERY TRAGACLE
rivrdancer

Visalia, CA

#22 Oct 3, 2006
Oh, my. Don't students in El Monte SPELL? How are you going to pass your exams, go on to college or apply for jobs??? I'm sorry to be critical, I'm concerned. Someone there -- your parents, teachers, etc., have to insist on some standards for the sake of your futures.
All I have are good memories of that sweet town in the 1940s and 1950s, when we'd visit our grandparents. Even though it was definitely a working-class town, not even a hint of tragedy or crime among teenagers....
TINK

El Monte, CA

#23 Oct 10, 2006
I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY DO THAT THEY DON'T KNOW THE PAI WE ARE FEELING
TINK

El Monte, CA

#25 Oct 10, 2006
THEY NEED ARE HELP BY TALKING TO SOME ONE I HAD A FRIEND WHO DID THAT THAT WAS SO SAD FOR ME AND IT WAS WRONG :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr Reality Cheque 11,458
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Chosen Traveler 35,929
Woman arrested in Whittier Massage Parlor prost... (Jan '10) 18 hr Oliver Jcat 63
La Mirada Locs Smash LMP (Jul '15) Mon Freeman 60
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan '18 Walls work 4,563
News Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heig... (May '09) Dec '17 la migra 419
News Shooting no shock at school (Apr '06) Jul '17 AnonymousOldFriend 137

Rowland Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages