Neighbor's chimney smoke invasive

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Our next-door neighbors have a wood stove that is their primary heating system. My family is the victim of their invasive smoke.
Comments
81 - 100 of 107 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2014
Air pollution Regulations

East Hanover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

obamessiah wrote:
<quoted text>
( i have my window open, and just took a biiig breath of my neighbors chimney smoke. mm i love that smell)
You know Alex, this is what I love about amerika(at the moment) is freedom of speech, and freedom of choice.... Just like you have the freedom of speech to get on this site and complain about.... smoke? You also have the freedom of choice, TO MOVE.
And another thing.... don't like sitting on your patio? Then don't!
If you want this so called "right to fresh air" Might I propose building a bubble around your house...
I have the same problem! I was reading Air polution in FairBanks.
A regulation on Chimeny smoke against Pollutant PM2.5.
Trick is YOU need to complain about the neihjbor to your mayor and
get the Regulation started in your area.
This smoke causes and /or triggers allergies, Asthma, reduces Lung function, Aggravates heart and causes Lung Diesease.
GAILNY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Lucys_Fur_Coat wrote:
<quoted text>OMG someone is having a FIRE in a FIRE"place" that was built with the house. Why don't they use the NoFirePlace? Flucking idiot!
Grog: "Fire go in fireplace"
So easy a caveman can do it, dipshit.
You're the idiot, there never was a problem with the fireplace until now. Whatever wood these new people are using or possibly modified version of the old fireplace, is causing SEVERE SMOKE POLLUTION IN MY BACK YARD.
GAILNY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Time move or shutup
SCREW YOU, I AINT MOVING. IVE BEEN HERE SINCE 76, THEY GOT HERE FIVE YEARS AGO, THERE WILL BE NEW LEGISLATION REGARDING THIS.
GAILNY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Lucys_Fur_Coat wrote:
<quoted text>This is the land of rainbows and fairies....we created the brightest crayons in the box, dumbass!
Nimrod??? I'm not Noah's great grandson.

RAINBOWS AND FAIRIES...YOU are the queen, get a clue. Ive never seen such an obnoxious bunch of idiots. NY aint got nothing on you.
Sue

Oradell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Those of you who think the wood smoke is not a problem, do you have a child with asthma? A grandmother with a heart condition? A father with COPD? Wood smoke is extremely dangerous for these folks . It is not good for anyone as wood particulates are so tiny and have jagged edges that you can't cough them out of your lungs. They contain over 100 carcinogens and toxins. They also cannot be kept out of the home because they are smaller than 2.5 (cigarette smoke is like 6.0) If air can get into your house, wood smoke can. I do not understand these mean people's comments. Wood smoke is known to cause heart attack, asthma, cancer.
GAILNY

Weston, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

It's called IGNORANCE.
Harry Boughner

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

I think I'll light my fireplace tonight and burn some EXTRA SMOKEY wood.
GAILNY

Weston, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Harry Boughner wrote:
I think I'll light my fireplace tonight and burn some EXTRA SMOKEY wood.
You're that special kind of a**hole
I'm so not above hoping you get lung cancer
Teri

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Lucys_Fur_Coat wrote:
<quoted text>It can also be blown up your ass just like this persons story....
You are the ass. Neighbors smoke cigs out their window and it comes in my one window. I'm asthmatic and need a cracked window. Every other night, I'm using my rescue inhaler.

Get YOUR facts straight. You are a miserable lump of shit.
Ken Barbie

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Only selfish people emit smelly smoke from their chimneys with ZERO REGARD for the health and well-being of the neighborhood. WHY should anyone next door have to SEAL OFF THEIR WINDOWS to keep out a neighbor's poisonous emissions? This country needs to pass a federal law to stop wood burning - END OF STORY. The particles in the air CAUSE CANCER. Wood burning is NOT safe, and why in blazes do these ash holes have the right to pollute MY HOME?
Lucys_Fur_Coat wrote:
To Puffed Out:

If you have smoke coming through your electrical outlets maybe the fire dept. needs to inspect your home. Or, you are not telling the truth...which is what I believe. There is no way that OUTSIDE smoke is coming into your house through electrical outlets seeing how all outlets are internal. Also, if you have smoke coming in through your windows and doors, CLOSE THEM! If closing them doesn't work then you need to weather strip your doors and windows. If you have attic vents, SEAL THEM DURING THE WINTER MONTHS!
Well, got to go get my fire started:-)
Duncan McKalkinya

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Ken Barbie wrote:
Only selfish people emit smelly smoke from their chimneys
LOL!! My chimney only emits smoke that smells like spring flowers. Am I selfish, too?
Ken Barbie wrote:
WHY should anyone next door have to SEAL OFF THEIR WINDOWS to keep out a neighbor's poisonous emissions?
WHY would ANYONE who doesn't like the smell of smoke move into a neighborhood where their house is right next to another house that has a fireplace? Perhaps if you're so intolerant of other's RIGHTS to stay warm, then you should move out to the middle of the desert or to a secluded mountain cabin so you don't have to smell your neighbor's fireplace. BTW, when you move to the mountain cabin, don't you dare burn any wood to stay warm. The birds and animals who are in their natural habitat don't want to get cancer from your smoke. While you're at it, you should also get rid of all the cars you own, because the exhaust they emit are giving us all cancer. Freakin' hypocrite.
Ken Barbie

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I'm no hypocrite you polluting twit. I don't own a car either.
So keep spewing your toxic ash, and do me a favor - name your first carcinoma after me.
Ken Barbie

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

And I AM in the middle of a freakin desert - still have a spewing jackass next door.
And HECK if i had bought the house in the WINTER NO I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT.
In the middle of July in Las Vegas who is to know your neighbor is a nimrod?
GAILNY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I wonder how tolerant they are of cigarette smoke
Park Village Smokey Ahole

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Right here in Park Village we have Mr. Fire, Woodrow the Woodsman, just the worst possible neighbor. Smoke bathes our home due to the light prevailing wind about 75% of the time. Healthy? It is not. Selfish? It is and he certainly fits that bill. I would not wish him on anyone. Obviously we have to move away from him, but one whiff of his horrors, and it is No Sale.

Duncan McKalkinya

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Ken Barbie wrote:
So keep spewing your toxic ash, and do me a favor - name your first carcinoma after me.
Kinda hard to get groceries without a car, isn't it? Tell me, NIMROD, when you bought your "house in the middle of the desert", did you happen to notice a little thing called a CHIMNEY on your neighbor's house? Hmm??? That's the thing SMOKE comes out of in the winter. And FWIW, when I said in the middle of the desert, I didn't mean RIGHT NEXT TO ANOTHER HOUSE. Boy, you people really are DENSE.

Here's today's life lesson:

HOUSE WITH CHIMNEY = POTENTIAL SMOKE.

WOW, crazy, huh?

Now quit your bitchin' and MOVE. You're renters anyway and it's a fairly simple process that I'm sure you're familiar with. BTW, I'm sure you're not the kind of neighbors your neighbors would want anyway, you whining, complaining pains in the azzes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm got a huge stack of damp wood I'm going to toss into my huge fireplace in your honor. Ahhhh, a nice warm, cozy fire. I love it!
Duncan McKalkinya

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Ken Barbie wrote:
Kinda hard to get groceries without a car, isn't it? Tell me, NIMROD, when you bought your "house in the middle of the desert", did you happen to notice a little thing called a CHIMNEY on your neighbor's house? Hmm??? That's the thing SMOKE comes out of in the winter. And FWIW, when I said in the middle of the desert, I didn't mean RIGHT NEXT TO ANOTHER HOUSE. Boy, you people really are DENSE.

WOW, crazy, huh?

Now quit your bitchin' and MOVE. You're renters anyway and it's a fairly simple process that I'm sure you're familiar with. BTW, I'm sure you're not the kind of neighbors your neighbors would want anyway, you whining, complaining pains in the azzes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm got a huge stack of damp wood I'm going to toss into my huge fireplace in your honor. Ahhhh, a nice warm, cozy fire. I love it!
Ken Barbie

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

That's Duncan, as in yoyo - no surprises there.

I paid CASH for my house. Only yutzes who use chimneys RENT.

I'll send you an update after I finish suing the some stack and my
City in civil court.
Duncan McKalkinya wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, crazy, huh?
Duncan McKalkinya

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Ken Barbie wrote:
That's Duncan, as in yoyo - no surprises there.
I paid CASH for my house. Only yutzes who use chimneys RENT.
I'll send you an update after I finish suing the some stack and my
City in civil court.
<quoted text>
LOL!!! I'm the yo-yo? LMAO, that's hilarious. You paid cash for a house but don't have a car. LOL, sure, okay. The only house you paid cash for is your fake-azz plastic Barbie dream house. What's the matter, you couldn't afford the plastic pink Barbie Corvette to go with your make-believe house?

Listen, "doll", you do just that. You let me know how you make out with your frivolous and baseless lawsuit against the "some stack" (whatever the heck THAT is) and your city. LMAO, that's a good one. You really are a bleached-blonde MORON, aren't you!
GAILNY

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Duncan I guess your mother dropped you on your head a few times because you are a fuvking idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 min LMSA future 4,927
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 52 min Bruin Nation 26,971
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr bito honeys 200,594
Perez leaving 4 hr Nodatroof 2
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 16 hr Raskdeported 1,087
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 17 hr ESBP Ese Snoopy 527
Louie Lujan Government Relations 20 hr San Gabriel Valley 1

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at August 21 at 9:32AM PDT

•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info