Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno, principal and archdiocese

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

The stalker of the principal of St. Bruno School made reservations for a wedding at the parish, with an extravagant Hawaiian style lei and a photographer in an attempt to lure the principal into a fake ceremony, according to a lawsuit filed against the school, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the school principal.

Comments
921 - 940 of 1,267 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Parent

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#939
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Truth really hurts wrote:
Somebody finally told the "truth" and you people don't like it. Unfair? What's unfair? The fact that people are called out by the truth and probably YOU. I love your claim of "humble" Christian families. That's the funniest yet. You people are ruthless and were never humble toward the principal who was and is the ONLY victim. Move on down your red brick road with your red cups in your hand.
<quoted text>
Oh shut up already.... It's obvious you have major issues...it's no wonder you're in total support of the principal...you are a nut job just like her.
Move on down

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#940
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Truth really hurts wrote:
Somebody finally told the "truth" and you people don't like it. Unfair? What's unfair? The fact that people are called out by the truth and probably YOU. I love your claim of "humble" Christian families. That's the funniest yet. You people are ruthless and were never humble toward the principal who was and is the ONLY victim. Move on down your red brick road with your red cups in your hand.
<quoted text>
You need the red cups...to hold that Jones Town Kool-Aid.

Victim...HA!
not surprised

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#941
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I think you and the previous parent that posted....what was his name....oh ya, "Duncan McKalkinya" make a perfect couple and perfect poster parents for the "New St. Bruno". Father, the archdiocese and the admin must be so proud. Displaying your Christian ways for everyone to see.........
Jus saying wrote:
Confession is GREAT for the soul. Any of you disgruntled ones tried it lately? Oops. Never mind. Dumb question. How can you go to confession when you don't even go to Church. What was I thinking...your idea of "Church community" is drinking out of your little red cups, cheating on your spouse and back stabbing your so called "friends" Our new Church community, now that you are gone, is the one we prefer...thank you very much for that gift
Maybe you can hold your "community" gatherings in the parking lot of J.T.'s. now. Most of you are there on Sundays anwway
Past SB Parent

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#942
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

not surprised wrote:
I think you and the previous parent that posted....what was his name....oh ya, "Duncan McKalkinya" make a perfect couple and perfect poster parents for the "New St. Bruno". Father, the archdiocese and the admin must be so proud. Displaying your Christian ways for everyone to see.......
<quoted text>
That says it all!!
Tops

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#943
Sep 19, 2013
 
Jus saying wrote:
Confession is GREAT for the soul. Any of you disgruntled ones tried it lately? Oops. Never mind. Dumb question. How can you go to confession when you don't even go to Church. What was I thinking...your idea of "Church community" is drinking out of your little red cups, cheating on your spouse and back stabbing your so called "friends" Our new Church community, now that you are gone, is the one we prefer...thank you very much for that gift
Maybe you can hold your "community" gatherings in the parking lot of J.T.'s. now. Most of you are there on Sundays anwway
Some truths....I'm sure your new church community will faulter too. It's the catholic way
Listen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#944
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

"This church with which we should be thinking is the home of all, not a small chapel that can hold only a small group of selected people. We must not reduce the bosom of the universal church to a nest protecting our mediocrity," he said.

Spoken by Pope Francis, maybe Father should listen.
Parent

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#945
Sep 20, 2013
 
Listen wrote:
"This church with which we should be thinking is the home of all, not a small chapel that can hold only a small group of selected people. We must not reduce the bosom of the universal church to a nest protecting our mediocrity," he said.
Spoken by Pope Francis, maybe Father should listen.
Amen!
The New Saint Bruno

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#946
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

All this talk about red cups. The smart kids use green cups now. Here they are modeled by Ms. Carvalho and other staff members http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbparent/8740832...

Did they invite you to their swell party?
Truth really hurts wrote:
Somebody finally told the "truth" and you people don't like it. Unfair? What's unfair? The fact that people are called out by the truth and probably YOU. I love your claim of "humble" Christian families. That's the funniest yet. You people are ruthless and were never humble toward the principal who was and is the ONLY victim. Move on down your red brick road with your red cups in your hand.
<quoted text>
Jus saying wrote:
Confession is GREAT for the soul. Any of you disgruntled ones tried it lately? Oops. Never mind. Dumb question. How can you go to confession when you don't even go to Church. What was I thinking...your idea of "Church community" is drinking out of your little red cups, cheating on your spouse and back stabbing your so called "friends" Our new Church community, now that you are gone, is the one we prefer...thank you very much for that gift
<quoted text>
Party People

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#948
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The New Saint Bruno wrote:
All this talk about red cups. The smart kids use green cups now. Here they are modeled by Ms. Carvalho and other staff members http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbparent/8740832...
Did they invite you to their swell party?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Say "Cheese"

Oh wait....I thought staff and parents weren't supposed to hang out together????
Tops

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#949
Sep 21, 2013
 
The New Saint Bruno wrote:
All this talk about red cups. Don't you know the cool kids are using green cups now?
Here they are being modeled by Ms. Carvalho and other staff members.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbparent
Were you invited to their swell party?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I was there
Radar

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#950
Sep 21, 2013
 
Any news about the happenings in court. I'm so proud of our principal and pastor. Litigation is so good and such a valuable tool for recruitment.
Praise God
Curious

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#951
Sep 21, 2013
 
I hear a new second grade teacher was hired today.
I C U

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#952
Sep 21, 2013
 
Curious wrote:
I hear a new second grade teacher was hired today.
No matter the excuse, the school is positive now. Negative will not survive. Make your choice.
research

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#953
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

The judge denied the archdiocese request to dismiss the first grade teacher's lawsuit. The lawsuits will move forward and they go to jury trial September 2014.
Radar wrote:
Any news about the happenings in court. I'm so proud of our principal and pastor. Litigation is so good and such a valuable tool for recruitment.
Praise God
research

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#954
Sep 21, 2013
 
The nice young girl that helps in daycare is taking over 2nd grade.

I just don't know where the current 2nd grade teacher is going. She's a wonderful teacher. Maybe they need her in another classroom so they don't have to keep switching the teachers around in the afternoon.

Hopefully they make good use of her years of experience and expertise.
Curious wrote:
I hear a new second grade teacher was hired today.
The Old SBS

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#955
Sep 21, 2013
 
research wrote:
The nice young girl that helps in daycare is taking over 2nd grade.
I just don't know where the current 2nd grade teacher is going. She's a wonderful teacher. Maybe they need her in another classroom so they don't have to keep switching the teachers around in the afternoon.
Hopefully they make good use of her years of experience and expertise.
<quoted text>
I know! As a parent, I was so happy to have this teacher with my child. She was so good at putting in videos and having the students roll around on the floor after lunch. I am so glad she was getting paid for that last year. This year must of been tough on her having to teach all day.

Like she said, I think she can make the best use of her time with her own children.
Please verify

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#956
Sep 21, 2013
 
I heard our 2nd grade teacher resigned and that one of the girls from day care is the new teacher. That has no teaching experience nor been a teacher's aide. Has no credentials nor is she working on it. But does have a bachelor's degree in physical therapy. I'm concerned. Is day care her only formal experience with children? Can someone please verify? Thank you.
research

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#957
Sep 21, 2013
 
Wow! You people just go on the attack!

I take it from your angry response that St. Bruno lost another good teacher.

The Old SBS wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! As a parent, I was so happy to have this teacher with my child. She was so good at putting in videos and having the students roll around on the floor after lunch. I am so glad she was getting paid for that last year. This year must of been tough on her having to teach all day.
Like she said, I think she can make the best use of her time with her own children.
The New Saint Bruno

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

They key factor in our deciding to stay at Saint Bruno School was Ms. Carvalho's promise regarding hiring credentialed and experienced teachers. After all, it was the teachers that have been with our students these last years that kept the school at a respectable level, we expected the same or better. While our kids are past second grade the hiring of another inexperienced and uncredentialed teacher is just another example of the deceit our administration lays on us. Other posts on this forum were certain that there were hundreds of credentialed and experienced teachers looking for work. Why is Ms. Carvalho hiring teachers after the start of the year that have no applicable classroom experience or credentials?

After picking up our kids in daycare countless times over the last years I trust our daycare worker without reservation in that capacity. Good for her, she had the initiative and poise to get a full time job. But we're paying a full tuition into a system that is not as promised and it appears to be developing into an even deeper pit.

Many of my fellow parents say they are blessed, free of negativity and happy to see "bad" people gone. We don't feel that way. We were hoping to feel confidence in our administration as they guided us through the fiasco. We are questioning our decision and praying for relief.

To all the families out there brave enough to leave and also brave enough to stay, either one a difficult choice. Keep on praying that Saint Bruno School can become the best place possible for the students.
research wrote:
The nice young girl that helps in daycare is taking over 2nd grade.
I just don't know where the current 2nd grade teacher is going. She's a wonderful teacher. Maybe they need her in another classroom so they don't have to keep switching the teachers around in the afternoon.
Hopefully they make good use of her years of experience and expertise.
<quoted text>
I C U

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#959
Sep 21, 2013
 
research wrote:
Wow! You people just go on the attack!
I take it from your angry response that St. Bruno lost another good teacher.
<quoted text>
It's all in how you see the situation. "You people?" Are you referring to the parents in the room on Thursday night that complained about her unprofessional behavior? If you are, we are fully supportive of her moving on after she demonstrated such unprofessional behavior. Out with the negative. I'm looking forward to the new positive teacher.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 33 min PEE PEE PETE 200,326
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 40 min PEE PEE PETE 26,650
Lozano and Touhey are Making Plans 6 hr Lozano Scared 2
Is It True Rubio? (Nov '09) 6 hr Flouders 6
Scary (Oct '13) 9 hr Zyu Smety 4
Benton Middle School's new principal - NOT IMPR... (Aug '10) 9 hr Vatter Melonah 116
Santa Ana winds cause little damage throughout ... (Oct '13) 9 hr Fhandler 3
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••