'Murder ranch' mania

There are 59 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Oct 5, 2008, titled 'Murder ranch' mania. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

There's not much left of Wineville these days - it's mostly known today as Mira Loma - but almost 80 years ago it was the scene of one of the Inland Empire's most bizarre crimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Lynn

Long Beach, CA

#22 Nov 1, 2008
How would you feel if some if some weirdo you did not know was taking pictures of your house?? The area is not bad, neighbors are just protective of each other. It is one thing to go look, but have some respect!
josh wrote:
I went to the house today. I took photos and compared them to the old pictures from th 1920's and the partial photo of the house that has shown up in a local magazine. The address is correct and the house is most definitely the same as those two photos. They've added the covered porch and put stucco on it, but its the same house. Kinda of creepy. The neighbors must be getting a little fed up because they staired us down pretty hard. Not just one either! The house is not in a good area so be ware of the types that live around there. It could get ugly once the movie is released and many more people become looky-loos.
ooga booga

Moreno Valley, CA

#23 Nov 3, 2008
when's tmz going to be there? lol.
Jessica

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Nov 6, 2008
This link has 13 pages of pictures and their descriptions. Go to photo collection & enter "Northcott" keyword.
http://www.lapl.org/
Kimberly Riverside

Fontana, CA

#27 Nov 9, 2008
I have done some research and the house at 6330 Wineville was built in 1930 after the muders took place. It does look like the house from the pictures but since Northcott moved out here in the 1920's and the murders took place in 1927; their is no way that this is the house. Maybe there is a back house. But I do know that 6330 is not the address nor could it be the address because it was built after the murders took place.
Maggie

Chicago, IL

#28 Nov 10, 2008
RosFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, but would you 'WANT' to start digging is the question...
That is just a bit creepy. Eerie...
You can view the information (plus dozens of sources at the bottom) on Wikipedia, keywords: Wineville Murders
Hi i was wondering if you can find the magazine article showing the house as it is now on the internet?
BILLYRAY

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Nov 11, 2008
I COMPARED THE PICTURES AND EVEN THE SHADOWS SO AS TO DETERMINE THE DIRECTION OF THE HOUSE AND THE ROAD AND THIS IS NO DOUBT THE HOUSE . DON'T BELIEVE ALL THE HOME INFO YOU READ ON ZILLOW.COM AND THE LIKE . RECORDS OF HOMES BEFORE THE 1950'S ARE SPOTTY AND INACURATE AT BEST . BEFORE I SAW THE ADDRESS POSTED IN THIS FORUM THAT'S THE HOUSE I ASSUMED IT WAS BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE IN THE AREA THAT'S SMALL ENOUGH AND OLD ENOUGH AND ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS TOLD ME CLINT EASTWOOD WAS SPOTTED CHECKING OUT A HOUSE NEAR WINEVILLE AND LIMONITE.
Rufus

Burbank, CA

#30 Nov 27, 2008
valerie6330 wrote:
<quoted text>
i know the people that live in that house, and they haven't lived there for more than a year. they just found out on sat. about the story behind their house. look it up on google... its everywhere. its true. the movie is based on this story. they say the 9-year old's body was never found. some say if he were to be alive today he'd be in his 80s. maybe the residents in that house should start digging. you never know.
You are right. With the advances in forensics, technology, etc. They should excavate the whole damn property. It could be done. It would solve a long-standing mystery regarding poor Walter Collins.
Marilyn

Burbank, CA

#31 Nov 27, 2008
May all of the poor victims of the evil Northcott rest in peace.
erick

Rosamond, CA

#32 Feb 4, 2009
dizzyanne wrote:
we need to bring back public hangings, they would make a great crime deterent. hope your enjoying hell right now Northcott, you sob.
The criminally-inclined need to be instilled with a greater sense of fear again. Something primitive and effective. Menaces in the old west were either hung or shot. It wasn't ignorant or white trash, it was the law, and you obeyed it or died swiftly.
dangerous

La Habra, CA

#34 Feb 16, 2009
the house is for sale by wells fargo bank foreclosure
changeling

Central, SC

#35 Feb 20, 2009
the movie is great. this was such a sad story.
changeling

Central, SC

#36 Feb 20, 2009
valerie6330 wrote:
<quoted text>
i know the people that live in that house, and they haven't lived there for more than a year. they just found out on sat. about the story behind their house. look it up on google... its everywhere. its true. the movie is based on this story. they say the 9-year old's body was never found. some say if he were to be alive today he'd be in his 80s. maybe the residents in that house should start digging. you never know.
hell i know that i would. i wouldnt be surprized if they found somthing =/ it was such a sad story though and i hope someday they crack this and find the kid.
in_re_wineville

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Feb 23, 2009
house is for sale, contact MGR real estate in Upland, CA
Susan E

Sun Valley, CA

#38 Mar 2, 2009
ABC in Los Angeles did a segment on this house in Mira Loma. Here's the link: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...
Jesse From OHIO

Indianapolis, IN

#39 Mar 10, 2009
After seeing this movie I decided to do a little research online about what happen . I have seen a lot of people wanting to see the property andI found it for sale on line. Here is the link >> it icludes Photos of the house inside and out. ALSO the Chicken coup in the back yard.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Mira-Loma/6330-Winev...
jana

Riverside, CA

#40 Mar 20, 2009
Ellen Smith wrote:
Disturbing and the fact the name has been changed of the town from Wineville to Mira Loma is amazing. California especially southern is so raw and rancid anything goes here.
LOL at you blaming Southern California. More horrid and notorious crimes have occurred elsewhere. Look up Ed Gein, Dahmer, John Wayne Gacey. Their crimes are beyond heinous, and none took place in Southern California.
Michael

Sunnyvale, CA

#41 Mar 26, 2009
noemi alvarado wrote:
Hi i wanted to know more about this story..because since yesturday evening i have gotten calls and neighbors knocking on my door showing me pictures of a magazine article where they told the story of what happend in 1928 in winville...Well i want to know more I live in 6330 wineville ave..and the house that is in the picture of the magazine where that man lived is our front house...hes chicken coop is now my drive way..All this is happening so fast ive lived here for the last 20 years and never heard this story before in my life.

Wow thats pretty odd you live in same exact spot.
curious

Tucson, AZ

#42 Mar 28, 2009
What happened to Mary Northcott after she was paroled? Did she commit more crimes? Where did she live 4 years before she died?
Rebecca

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#43 Apr 5, 2009
I Live near The House This Is The Chicken Coop Murders The Address Is
6330 wineville rd. mira loma CA.
and in the the back there is the chicken coop
and theres another chicken coop where the boys were barried around it.I Even Took Photos And Went Inside the house beacause they were selling the house.he used to have alot a land but they sold chuncks of it to neighboors so now theres only a half aker left its pretty sadd.people who lived there would see shadows i guess of the kidss but yeauhh so u should search the address on google map and you can sorta see the chicken coops.
Rebecca

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#44 Apr 5, 2009
I Live in Mira Loma Not Daviss.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5th Annual Spook Show Halloween Festival this w... 15 min Uncle Ten 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr WherePhart 32,834
Home remodeling on Grace Court by SAMCO co Robe... (Mar '13) 9 hr Goes around Comes... 14
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 14 hr huh 7,826
News Alta Loma High School teacher found dead (Jan '10) 17 hr anthony camacho 145
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Mar 26 Lol 4,531
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan '17 SoCalNative 19

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages