'Murder ranch' mania

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

There's not much left of Wineville these days - it's mostly known today as Mira Loma - but almost 80 years ago it was the scene of one of the Inland Empire's most bizarre crimes.
Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bob

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

well the murder took place near fontana, that explains why it happened so long ago
dizzyanne

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

we need to bring back public hangings, they would make a great crime deterent. hope your enjoying hell right now Northcott, you sob.
nachordnrygrl

Laguna Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree...
Ellen Smith

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

Disturbing and the fact the name has been changed of the town from Wineville to Mira Loma is amazing. California especially southern is so raw and rancid anything goes here.

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

dizzyanne wrote:
we need to bring back public hangings, they would make a great crime deterent. hope your enjoying hell right now Northcott, you sob.
I agree. We need more deterrents out there. A jail cell is a nice warm welcome place to call home for most scum and losers out there. It doesnt take much thinking to figure that out.

But, see, I'm all for cutting off balls, and torturing the scum the way they tortured their victims. Burned alive. Skinned alive, Buried alive. Eye for an eye-- it worked then.

Murderers have no rights. Except for the right to be killed in the fashion they committed their crimes upon others.

Now this... would instill a little more fear. Perhaps the scumbag perverts would think twice about molesting little children if they knew the punishment was to sit naked on a hot burner until their balls blistered.
Sounds insane, I know. But I cant help but wish these things upon the scum to begin with, let alone think that maybe if our government just did these punishments routinely two or three times a year, it would remind the scum of their place here on earth.
noemi alvarado

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Hi i wanted to know more about this story..because since yesturday evening i have gotten calls and neighbors knocking on my door showing me pictures of a magazine article where they told the story of what happend in 1928 in winville...Well i want to know more I live in 6330 wineville ave..and the house that is in the picture of the magazine where that man lived is our front house...hes chicken coop is now my drive way..All this is happening so fast ive lived here for the last 20 years and never heard this story before in my life.
Creekside

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

noemi alvarado wrote:
Hi i wanted to know more about this story..because since yesturday evening i have gotten calls and neighbors knocking on my door showing me pictures of a magazine article where they told the story of what happend in 1928 in winville...Well i want to know more I live in 6330 wineville ave..and the house that is in the picture of the magazine where that man lived is our front house...hes chicken coop is now my drive way..All this is happening so fast ive lived here for the last 20 years and never heard this story before in my life.
That is interesting you live on the exact property where this whole thing unfolded. That whole area, including Creekside, has a lot of interesting history. Around the same time, Creekside was a site for hundreds of migrate workers. I know there was a bad fire and several have lost their lives. If you want to know more about the story of Northcott, I would go to the Ontario Library. Main branch on Euclid. They keep old newspaper articles on microfilm. There is a downstairs area where you can find a lot of information on local history.(I think the downstairs part of the library is there still. I haven't been since they remodeled)
Glen Avon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Read today's LA Times - there is a article with pictures of the chicken coop in the calendar/movie section.
Glen Avon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Noemi - contact a real estate person and request a property profile including previous owners. This will tell you if the family lived there.

Disclosures - I believe only go a few years back from purchase date of property.
Glen Avon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

The story ran from Sept 15 to October 1930 in the Riverside Daily Press and the Corona Daily Independent and other newspapers nationwide
Glen Avon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

valerie6330

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

noemi alvarado wrote:
i know the people that live in that house, and they haven't lived there for more than a year. they just found out on sat. about the story behind their house. look it up on google... its everywhere. its true. the movie is based on this story. they say the 9-year old's body was never found. some say if he were to be alive today he'd be in his 80s. maybe the residents in that house should start digging. you never know.

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

valerie6330 wrote:
<quoted text>
i know the people that live in that house, and they haven't lived there for more than a year. they just found out on sat. about the story behind their house. look it up on google... its everywhere. its true. the movie is based on this story. they say the 9-year old's body was never found. some say if he were to be alive today he'd be in his 80s. maybe the residents in that house should start digging. you never know.
Ya, but would you 'WANT' to start digging is the question...
That is just a bit creepy. Eerie...

You can view the information (plus dozens of sources at the bottom) on Wikipedia, keywords: Wineville Murders
Jess

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

This link has the biggest collection of articles and pictures that I've been able to find in one side.

http://chickenmurders.blogspot.com/
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

I looked up the article and found a picture taken of the house when the story first came out in the late 1920's. i drove by the house at 6330 wineville and that is definately the house. i grew up in sky country and until this movie hit, i had never even heard about this story. scary to think all this went on just a few blocks away and nobody knew about it. someone said they knew the people tht lived there. is it true that clint eastwood knocked on their door? i can only imagine that every one who lives right on or around that property isnt going to get a moments peace for a while.
Rayonda

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

there are so many untruths to your story til i feel that you should go and do more research before you post anything else.
gayle miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

i grew up in etiwanda also my parents my parents were born in 1928 this is the first i heard of something like this happening there this will definetly be interesting to see thanks clint eastwood
Ryan Elizalde

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

I grew up in Mira Loma and lived there till I was 14. DOB 1970. I lived at 6242 Etiwanda (Upon Returning found out the house was knocked down in favor of a Jack-In-The-Box. Just thought it was interesting to hear this story now and never once hearing it when I was growing up there.

FYI. I went to Troth, and Jurupa Jr. if anyone wants to get in touch.=0)
valerie6330

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Amy wrote:
I looked up the article and found a picture taken of the house when the story first came out in the late 1920's. i drove by the house at 6330 wineville and that is definately the house. i grew up in sky country and until this movie hit, i had never even heard about this story. scary to think all this went on just a few blocks away and nobody knew about it. someone said they knew the people tht lived there. is it true that clint eastwood knocked on their door? i can only imagine that every one who lives right on or around that property isnt going to get a moments peace for a while.
Yes I know them.... It appears that Clint did go and knock but apparently when he did that basically no1 was home... they were either working or at school. that is the reason why they didn't get to use the actual house although the recent pix of the house was posted on a magazine. i would have to find out what magazine but i know that's the pix b/c they showed me a copy of it. And regarding the residents not having any peace... they are surprisingly ok about it. It's weird of course living in the same place. but although neighbors have claimed to see a man with a black cape... the residents haven't seen anything, they're just calm about the whole thing. I know it's kind of freaky now that halloween is coming.
josh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

I went to the house today. I took photos and compared them to the old pictures from th 1920's and the partial photo of the house that has shown up in a local magazine. The address is correct and the house is most definitely the same as those two photos. They've added the covered porch and put stucco on it, but its the same house. Kinda of creepy. The neighbors must be getting a little fed up because they staired us down pretty hard. Not just one either! The house is not in a good area so be ware of the types that live around there. It could get ugly once the movie is released and many more people become looky-loos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr shooners 200,325
Lozano and Touhey are Making Plans 3 hr Lozano Scared 2
Is It True Rubio? (Nov '09) 4 hr Flouders 6
Scary (Oct '13) 6 hr Zyu Smety 4
Benton Middle School's new principal - NOT IMPR... (Aug '10) 6 hr Vatter Melonah 116
Santa Ana winds cause little damage throughout ... (Oct '13) 6 hr Fhandler 3
la mirada/imperial (Oct '13) 6 hr Roxanna 3
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
Rowland Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••