Should High School Athletes Be Drug Tested?

Created by MADD in LM on Oct 17, 2008

125 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES (coaches included)

YES (players only)

NO

Not Sure

Don't Care

Not Needed

Coach

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 17, 2008
It is about time!
BudH

Ventura, CA

#2 Oct 17, 2008
Why just athletes? If they are required then every one should be reguired.
No discerimination.
YAWN

Long Beach, CA

#3 Oct 17, 2008
Yes - and the process is simple.

After each game - EVERYONE's - urine is sampled by combination into one large container. ONE TEST is run on the entire team at once.

Anything positive and the game is forfeited.(spectro ananlysis - the most sensitive)

This is the recommendation for major league sports.

Very Cost Effective.
LM FOR LIFE

Whittier, CA

#4 Oct 17, 2008
It's not a bad idea but one that won't happen anytime soon. Every school that plays CIF sports would have to do it. If one school does it all schools do it. Then after each football game (1 per week)basketball (minimum 2 per week) baseball (minimum 2 per week) We still have not done cross country, soccer wrestling, badmiitton, la crosse, swimming, water polo, track, gymnastics (not all schools) volleyball. Oh yea and there are girl's sports. La Mirada parents and teachers have to provide classroom, teacher and office supplies to their schools because there just isn't any money and it's only going to get worse in the near future. So parents you brought your student athlete into this world so you and he/she should be held accountable, and if as a parent you are helping or condoning this that's on you because once they get tested in college or the Pro's (0nly 1/10th of 1% percent will make it to the pros)the truth will come out and they will be washed up at the age of 21 or younger, will have physical and mental problems that can either damage kill them or someone else, then you or the rest of us that knew that person can say ,"I knew that person was cheating and...."
ABC

Westminster, CA

#5 Oct 17, 2008
LM For Life - You have a valid point

RE: "If one school does it all schools do it."

YES - Some DISTRICT (Somewhere) Needs to Show LEADERSHIP!

Imagaine the impact if ABC took the inititive. IF...outside the liberal confines of CIF they voluntarily took the fore-front for All ABC distric secondary level teams to be tested twice in a season. ONE PISS POT - Two Tests

Sure - some teams might renounce previously won games. However, the "world wide press splash" would be far greater than anything the success of the "Whitney Academic Program" ever has witnessed (and WHITNEY has received acclaim around the globe.)

It only takes ONE LEADER - and soon the pack will follow.

Lacking is "intestinal foritiude" on the part of a small group of elected officials who want to truly "Make a Difference" no matter the cost to their "political career."

For all too many a School Board is only a stepping stone - witness poor, pathetic Rudy B.
Private schools

Temecula, CA

#6 Oct 18, 2008
Can the private schools require it on thier own, I wonder?
With all the law siuts in CA, probably will not happen.
will somebody step up and lead...
ABC wrote:
LM For Life - You have a valid point
RE: "If one school does it all schools do it."
YES - Some DISTRICT (Somewhere) Needs to Show LEADERSHIP!
Imagaine the impact if ABC took the inititive. IF...outside the liberal confines of CIF they voluntarily took the fore-front for All ABC distric secondary level teams to be tested twice in a season. ONE PISS POT - Two Tests
Sure - some teams might renounce previously won games. However, the "world wide press splash" would be far greater than anything the success of the "Whitney Academic Program" ever has witnessed (and WHITNEY has received acclaim around the globe.)
It only takes ONE LEADER - and soon the pack will follow.
Lacking is "intestinal foritiude" on the part of a small group of elected officials who want to truly "Make a Difference" no matter the cost to their "political career."
For all too many a School Board is only a stepping stone - witness poor, pathetic Rudy B.
Dave

Irvine, CA

#7 Oct 18, 2008
Every student on campus should be tested for use of any drug, teachers should also be tested.
oops

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2008
Testing for every extra-curricular activity.
John Doe

Chino, CA

#9 Oct 18, 2008
Kim Brooks should be tested!!!!
wow

San Francisco, CA

#10 Oct 31, 2008
Are you making an accusation?
he should be on valuim
John Doe wrote:
Kim Brooks should be tested!!!!
shane

Opelika, AL

#11 Dec 5, 2008
i think that they should be drug tested because there teenagers and they are face with it every day so drug testing them just might keep them on a straight line the coaches should be tested too
La Mirada Mom

Chatsworth, CA

#12 Dec 5, 2008
Kim Brooks = FAIL
STONER BASEBALL

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Dec 5, 2008
WHAT WRONG WITH WEED
dummy

San Francisco, CA

#14 Dec 5, 2008
our point exactly!

check you grammer... stoner
STONER BASEBALL wrote:
WHAT WRONG WITH WEED
STONER BASEBALL

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 5, 2008
dummy wrote:
our point exactly!
check you grammer... stoner
<quoted text>
IM STONE DUMMY AND I DONT NEED TO GO TO CLASS
Test Them All

West Hills, CA

#16 Dec 24, 2008
They should test the students, teachers and administration! If it is good for one group it should be good for all!
TEST Please

Ontario, CA

#17 Dec 28, 2008
Please TEST them all. Teachers and administrators too. NLMUSD has dropped the ball on its "zero tolerance" policy for drugs and alcohol. I have seen district administrators at graduation ceremonies so drunk they stumbled and had to be guided by security.
Kind

United States

#18 May 1, 2013
Drug tested? Nah! They should be drug treated! That's how they did things when I was just a wee shim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 13 min confucious 5,286
Pacheco Says Soccer Keague Pays Park FEES at No... 1 hr Pacheco Liar 1
La Mirada Boosters In trouble under Moschetti 1 hr LM parent 25
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Dec 3 Los Angeles 4,494
Smoke 420 Nov 29 anonymous 1
Why the helicopters? Nov '14 1138d3nx 2
Local CHP offices stop using Rowland Heights to... (Sep '11) Oct '14 rjrroks 29

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance