Update on Arrest of Former La Habra H...

Update on Arrest of Former La Habra Heights Fire Chief John Nielsen

There are 10 comments on the story from Mar 2, 2012, titled Update on Arrest of Former La Habra Heights Fire Chief John Nielsen. In it, reports that:

Cerritos, CA Former La Habra Heights Fire Chief John Nielsen was arrested earlier this week at his Cerritos home for misdemeanor child annoyance. Nielsen is accused of sending sexually suggestive text messages to a 15-year-old student at the Orange County High School for Performing Arts.

A long time ballroom dance teacher, Nielsen, 53, has been unavailable for comment but earlier today a woman who answered the door at his house asked that his attorney be contacted for further comment.

Jonathan Piper of Lipton & Piper LLC, a law firm based in San Francisco, initially spoke on behalf of Nielsen in a phone call earlier today. When asked whether he believed his client was innocent, he said he had no comment.

In a later call to the firm, Piper’s partner, Arthur Lipton, stated that he had not yet received a formal complaint from the Santa Ana Dist. Attorney. When asked if he would be at the arraignment in Santa Ana, Lipton responded that he was not sure that he or his partner would be representing Nielsen.

When pushed on the issue, Lipton said that the firm had represented Nielsen in the past, but did not specify under what circumstances. Lipton initially denied that his firm had been speaking on Nielsen’s behalf, and when told that Piper had answered a question that referenced Nielsen as his client, Lipton responded, “I have no comment.”

According to a former council member, Nielsen had two formal complaints filed against him prior to the 2008 sexual harassment civil suit but that the city council has decided not to follow-up. The suit was later settled out of court costing the city of La Habra Heights $375,000.

Neighbors also reported that Nielsen had previously played Santa Claus at a local elementary school and that on the day of the arrest, Nielsen’s wife, acting as a surrogate for her sister, had just given birth.

In 2009 Nielsen was featured in a reality show on The Learning Channel called Dancing Tweens. The show featured children 12 and under who were participating in ballroom dancing competitions. Nielsen coached two of the dancers who were featured in the show and who belonged to his former dance studio, Interdance.

Nielsen is out on a $15,000 bond. If convicted, he could face up to a year in jail and a permanent sex offender registration..

Interview Attempt with John Nielsen

John Nielsen on TLC

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

Santa Pause

Valencia, CA

#1 Mar 3, 2012
If memory serves, wasn't Nielsen Santa Claus for the La Habra Heights Improvement Association?

Wouldn't that be consistent with LHHIA culture; a VP arrested and convicted of fraud, violent attack by Board & members against a non-member (remember them shouting "You are not a member" as they attacked the innocent individual?), using Mail Fraud to raise funds, ignoring city laws themselves while ratting out non-members, and so on?
Sitting on Santas Lap

Downey, CA

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Santa Pause wrote:
If memory serves, wasn't Nielsen Santa Claus for the La Habra Heights Improvement Association?...ignoring city laws themselves while ratting out non-members, and so on?
Speaking of ratting out: http://boycottlhhia.blogspot.com
Crazy

Whittier, CA

#3 Mar 4, 2012
Hey George how's ur wannabe fire truck?? Still trying to play firefighter??? My 4yr old son plays firefighter too, u can play with him!
Barn Yard Fun

United States

#4 Mar 4, 2012
Crazy wrote:
Hey George how's ur wannabe fire truck?? Still trying to play firefighter??? My 4yr old son plays firefighter too, u can play with him!
Fire Engine not Fire Truck. Clearly dimwitted as Nielsen.
Not Dancing

El Cajon, CA

#5 Mar 9, 2012
So now that La Habra Heights Fire Chief Dominguez is OUT, will he be taking over Ex Fire Chief Nielsen's dance classes?
From the Outside

Oakland, CA

#6 Mar 10, 2012
Since the La Habra Heights City Council failed to investigate previous sexual harassment compliants prior to the paramedic lawsuit and settlement. I bet the 15 year old victims parents will add the City and City Council to their lawsuit for failure to investigate, harboring a sexual predator and withholding information.

In a article the City Manager said, she didn't know why Fire Chief Nielsen left yet the documents show she signed the approval and check for $375,000 to the female paramedic. It is interesting how part time dementia runs through
City Hall.
Retired Lacfd Capt

Long Beach, CA

#7 May 23, 2012
Not Dancing wrote:
So now that La Habra Heights Fire Chief Dominguez is OUT, will he be taking over Ex Fire Chief Nielsen's dance classes?
Thank God Chief Dominguez is out !!! What a baffoon from fullerton Fire Department this guy has no clue about the fire service, or how to be a Fire Chief.
Anonymous

Long Beach, CA

#8 May 23, 2012
Retired Lacfd Capt wrote:
<quoted text> Thank God Chief Dominguez is out !!! What a baffoon from fullerton Fire Department this guy has no clue about the fire service, or how to be a Fire Chief.
I agree with you 100 percent !
Cha Cha Cha

United States

#9 May 23, 2012
When you have a La Habra Heights Human Resources Department being controlled by Norma Bates, what do you expect?

I feel sorry for anyone with a conscience working at City Hall. I guess Nielsen will be the next contestant on Dancing Behind Bars. I wonder if Norma Bates will be next?
Dancer

Cerritos, CA

#10 Jan 21, 2013
There is no proof to this at all. Why does everybody think that just because he got arrested mean hes a criminal? Its a false charge! Hes been my dance teacher for a long time and Ive never seen any inappropriate behavior

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bystander shot in chest as gang fires on rivals... (May '10) 6 hr ddrff 77
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 7 hr DOC 9,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Not who you think 34,487
News California GOP, hurting in - top-2' system, mov... 13 hr Solarman 1
Sid Mousavi dining with Lozano and Garcia 23 hr Corruption 1
Lenet Pacheco filed for divorce 23 hr Finally 1
Pacheco Family Evil Beware Sun Pacheco EVIL 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages