The Korean community takes root in Buena Park

Oct 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Orange County Register

Shopping centers on Beach Boulevard near Malvern Avenue have two Korean grocery stores, a Korean bank, a Korean indoor playground, a Korean bakery, a Korean home-goods store and a bunch of Korean barbecues.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
dawn c

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

I have to say that I am more than annoyed with all the markets, eating places, marketplaces, etc.catering to only the Korean community. I live off Beach between Malvern and Rosecrans, am not Korean, and yet I have to drive miles to a regular grocery store even to just pick up a few things. This community has whites, hispanics, indians, koreans, and other races. When they closed Ralphs down a year ago, I attempted to buy produce in the huge Korean marketplace on the corner of Malvern/La Mirada and Beach. The issue wouldnt be half as bad if the owners even pretended to want your business. They are rude, there is no hello, goodbye, please, thank you....all of which is custom etiquette here in the USA. Instead you get a feeling you are not welcome there! And this happened with a few of the food/ boba places also. Imagine my dismay to find that another sprawling Korean market would be taking the place of Ralphs, and directly across from the other one! They are now building almost to completion, a HUGE shopping center on the nirthwest corner. According to the owners of the car wash next door to the slmost complete, new center, it will
also be all Korean. They stated they had even calked Trader Joes cirporate offices to tell them how not only would a TraderJoe's do really well here, but it is much needed and perfect location. Those requests were ignored. Instead, more Korean shopping. We are moving OUT and know many people that are following suit or have moved already. Again, it is much easier to tolerate inconvenience if you are treated with respect but these people, whether in their businesses are just walking down the street are simply unfriendly and lack common courteosy altogether!
Toyotomi Hideyoshi

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

"The issue wouldnt be half as bad if the owners even pretended to want your business. They are rude, there is no hello, goodbye, please, thank you....all of which is custom etiquette here in the USA. Instead you get a feeling you are not welcome there!"

HURRY UP AND BUY!
fudgepacker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Hide your dogs

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••