California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
broad band

Covina, CA

#5763 Aug 3, 2014
Itís easy to pin the growth of concentrated and suburban poverty on the recession, but the spread of poverty throughout the U.S. has broader and more varied explanations.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5764 Aug 3, 2014
broad band wrote:
Itís easy to pin the growth of concentrated and suburban poverty on the recession, but the spread of poverty throughout the U.S. has broader and more varied explanations.
broad band.

Yes. You are right. The horrendous tax burden the 60s 70s revolutionaries have imposed on the American worker *("middle")* class since coming to power is the primary cause of increased poverty.

But let's look at the matter from the sunny side of the street. As bad as things are now, it's not nearly as bad as it is going to be, as impoverished Americans struggle to pay back all the "free" money Government printed up.

Ronald
todays ban

Covina, CA

#5765 Aug 3, 2014
Mo ban today go home, back to Russia.
Abrahem

United States

#5766 Aug 3, 2014
They got it in the BAG

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#5768 Aug 3, 2014
Abrahem wrote:
They got it in the BAG
yoUR not getting the "shagri-la" retirement village in Kerala for raceketeering--even if you do--a bigfoot is going to run out of woods and steal your food and go for the brown star.
hiim licks

Covina, CA

#5769 Aug 4, 2014
One to many hiim-licks will do it every time.
11 ers

United States

#5770 Aug 4, 2014
You need to stop licking Ranking but you enjoy his taste too much
12 ERS

Covina, CA

#5771 Aug 4, 2014
To much starch
Miss H_shamley

Sonoma, CA

#5772 Aug 5, 2014
Hiyerz,
What we must do is elect M. Bachmann as president so she can get us into and out of some winnable wars with the philipines, guam, new foundland and fiji. There must be oil there. We go in on Saturday during prayers, waste 'em all, sell contracts for rebuild, grab some patootie & snatch, get on out by tuesday. Get up and do unto others before they do unto you; BIBLE speeks. Others mumble.
stoved

Covina, CA

#5773 Aug 5, 2014
Last I heard this was with andy-gump the toilet guys an gals.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5774 Aug 5, 2014
stoved wrote:
Last I heard this was with andy-gump the toilet guys an gals.
stoved.

Exactly. Why should the aging tattooed women of Belmont Shore be allowed to store their tampons in Lowenthal bags in their bathrooms and then be free to set them on check-out counters at Council protected Big Grocery stores? There seems to be no Government inspection whatsoever. How many innocent little children and girls are being infected with some horrible pathogen because of the lack of Government oversight of reusable Lowenthal carry bags?

The issue is no longer Council making fools of the food eaters. The issue is now the HEALTH of our CHILDREN!

Ronald
Stuckies

Covina, CA

#5775 Aug 5, 2014
Still stuck on stupid??????????

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5776 Aug 8, 2014
Rose wrote:
Now that I read the posts made by con dumbs, I'm in favor of it. Why don't con dumbs care about the environment? Why do they always whine, "PC"?
Because we see how people have come into power saying hope and change making thing worse like Paul Elimen Al Gore and are proven wrong. Once freedom is taken away you rarely get it back look what left winger like Hitler and satlin have Don to the world.
picture show posting

Covina, CA

#5777 Aug 9, 2014
Hope this is the last posting on this subject?
Dittledoggone

Chicago, IL

#5778 Aug 9, 2014
picture show posting wrote:
Hope this is the last posting on this subject?
Never in your lifetime !
Disposable Bags

San Francisco, CA

#5779 Aug 9, 2014
Single-use bags are convenient for disposing of conservatives. Granted they are very environmentally unfriendly, but the benefits cannot be overstated.
D bagger

Covina, CA

#5780 Aug 9, 2014
D bagger, I thought it was T bagger?
Lopez Bagger

Chicago, IL

#5781 Aug 9, 2014
Just drop them in and pull them out !
No Comparison

Laval, Canada

#5782 Aug 10, 2014
Government should have no right to tell people how to run their business. Not surprised California was the first to pass a law like this.
inside out

Covina, CA

#5783 Aug 10, 2014
In the land of tea baggers, we just turn them inside out and make then walk backwards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr lmsa Coaching 5,098
Mother Murdered at LM Swap Meet 2 hr Brian 1
Manny Carrillo is tge stupidest parja and recs ... 2 hr Puf Roast 1
Communist China Supports D Testicle 3 hr Doug Tessitor 1
Monica Garcia Losing Hair For Real 5 hr Help Monica 1
Maclaren Hall childrens center or juvinile center (Dec '10) 8 hr scotness 129
Man dies after assault at West Covina shopping ... (Sep '12) 14 hr BIGCUCUY VKHA 20

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match

Rowland Heights Jobs

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]