Ticketed for parking in my front yard???
tank

Whittier, CA

#44 Oct 7, 2013
xyz wrote:
You should'nt be parking your car on your front yard, dumb ass!
just cuz u cant afford one F u mother fu@#%3?
BPPD

Menifee, CA

#45 Oct 12, 2013
Colts4life wrote:
Honestly are you kidding me . Wow so now I have to pay a 60 dollar fine because I parked in my front yard. Who's pocket is this going to land in huh ... The mayors??? Hey lozano is this money going in your pocket or what can you please explain to me why such a stupid fine is even being given???
You are stupid!!! You deserve it.
BPPD

Menifee, CA

#46 Oct 12, 2013
Colts4life wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for ur stupid comment ... Wow u must be a cop huh... Damn I still remember writing that email to the bp police department after I got ticketed .. Ya I'm that same guy.. Remember fellas ...
I ate lunch with that $60 dollars Bahahaha

Now shove the papers up your ass!!!
anonymous

Fullerton, CA

#47 Jun 12, 2014
I'm about to resurrect this post!

You CAN park on your front lawn under two conditions:

1. You have a barrier around your lawn so no one can see in (privacy hedge, fence, brick wall etc.)

2. You PAVE over your front lawn so it looks like a driveway.

The main purpose of any fine in a city is a passive form of revenue collection.
I could understand PRICE of these fines if I lived in Santa Monica, Pasadena, Sierra Madre; BUT this is freaking Baldwin Park! I get people playing crappy music at 3 a.m. and women in cat fights in front of the house at the same time.
And if it's just a matter of "Neighborhood Beautification" than why are there so many ugly vacant lots?

The enforcement officers could just as easily issue a warning for people parking on their lawns just in case someone doesn't know (because, let's face it, B.P. is NOT the most posh neighborhood) and not have such outrageous fines. But how else is the city going to gouge the proletariat for it's hard earned money.

Of COURSE the governing body is corrupt! If you have people with a lot of power and access to huge amounts of money then it's inevitable that crap happens.

Crappy city fines aren't the end of the world but they sure don't help when a person is just trying to get by.
Reina Lopez

Menifee, CA

#48 Jun 17, 2014
I was cited for parking MY CAR in front of MY DRIVEWAY in an emergency situation. I appealed it was denied, I appealed again and they told me I had so many days to appeal. I send the payment and appeal form to them May 13, 2014. The citation dept sent me a letter stating that I had lost my right to appeal because they didn't get my form or payment until June 6. The ticket was for 43.00 originally but now it's gone up to 78.00. I spoke to office manager Ubia and I asked her to check the date on the check and the stamp from the post office because that would prove I did send it on time. She said that they got it on the 6th of June and that the post office had probably sat on the letter until then. She said none of it mattered the only thing that mattered was the date that was posted as having been received by them. I do not make a habit of parking in front of my driveway but that day when I got home no one was home to open the gate for me, it's a heavy wrought iron gate. I had rotator cuff surgery last year that did not go well and I need surgery on the other arm, so I cannot open the gate This should've been excused the first time I appealed it. Does anyone know who the person at the top would be so I can go to them?
Sunset

Azusa, CA

#49 Jun 17, 2014
Reina Lopez wrote:
I was cited for parking MY CAR in front of MY DRIVEWAY in an emergency situation. I appealed it was denied, I appealed again and they told me I had so many days to appeal. I send the payment and appeal form to them May 13, 2014. The citation dept sent me a letter stating that I had lost my right to appeal because they didn't get my form or payment until June 6. The ticket was for 43.00 originally but now it's gone up to 78.00. I spoke to office manager Ubia and I asked her to check the date on the check and the stamp from the post office because that would prove I did send it on time. She said that they got it on the 6th of June and that the post office had probably sat on the letter until then. She said none of it mattered the only thing that mattered was the date that was posted as having been received by them. I do not make a habit of parking in front of my driveway but that day when I got home no one was home to open the gate for me, it's a heavy wrought iron gate. I had rotator cuff surgery last year that did not go well and I need surgery on the other arm, so I cannot open the gate This should've been excused the first time I appealed it. Does anyone know who the person at the top would be so I can go to them?
You should be able to ask the mayor for help.
BP Resident

Costa Mesa, CA

#50 Jun 18, 2014
Sunset wrote:
<quoted text>You should be able to ask the mayor for help.
The Mayor??? What a joke!! Is that how he works? He'll fix a ticket every once in awhile or look like he is, so he could get the vote?
Thinking of others

Kennesaw, GA

#51 Sep 4, 2014
Colts4life wrote:
Honestly are you kidding me . Wow so now I have to pay a 60 dollar fine because I parked in my front yard. Who's pocket is this going to land in huh ... The mayors??? Hey lozano is this money going in your pocket or what can you please explain to me why such a stupid fine is even being given???

Because stupid people do stupid things.
patrick

San Diego, CA

#52 Jan 9, 2015
xyz wrote:
I got a ticket for parking on lawn on Tuesday morning the day after street sweeping. They never site on street cleaning day they should be consistent don't confuse people.
Sunset

Azusa, CA

#53 Jan 9, 2015
patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a ticket for parking on lawn on Tuesday morning the day after street sweeping. They never site on street cleaning day they should be consistent don't confuse people.
You should never park on your front lawn. It's ghetto and trashy. You deserved the ticket.
DisabledSenior

Fresno, CA

#54 Jan 24, 2015
Disabled seniors can sometimes visit their local city district council person to obtain a waiver of immunity from compulsory compliance with the city parking municipal code. with why parking farther from their home could be dangerous to their health, especially when loading and unloading. Also, people living in high-crime neighborhoods may seek a safety waiver in some cities, so that they can park closer to their front door of their home . Best way is to make friends with city officials and show financially how majoring in minor issues can cost the city far more money and legal troubles in the long-run. No reasonable city wants to put its citizens at risk, lose their growing population tax base, and pay out huge judgment awards from lawsuits.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

#55 Jan 24, 2015
Baldwin Park needs to steal your money for their pension, perks and payroll Give Lozano and Garcia a little playback on election day. Don't vote for those clowns
John pride

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Apr 4, 2015
You know I as a home owner think it lowers the value of the neighborhood this is why we have streets it's just looks bad my thoughts if you have to park in your yard add a circler drive way this way it dosent take away the curb appeal of your home and your neighborhood as hard as we work to have a nice home take pride .
Louchious209

Manteca, CA

#57 Apr 11, 2015
Colts4life wrote:
I'm a cop, and I think t's a retarded law. People need to ban together and get it changed.
MrEarll

San Dimas, CA

#58 Apr 11, 2015
Good, you should get a ticket! This isn't Tijuana. Too lazy to walk ten more feet?
Your_proud_psych ologist

Chicago, IL

#59 Aug 31, 2015
Hey, xyz, you have a chemical imbalance in the stimuli of your brain. For a human and any material can be placed on any part of the earth for that is where it has come from. A human or a group of humans for this matter has no right to tell another human, who is in every way the same exact species as the human with the parked material, what to do. Especially if he or she is occupying the area he or she pays for with his or her paid for material. Dumb ass.
JIMMY1993

Montebello, CA

#61 Mar 8, 2016
Colts4life wrote:
Hey Colts, I think they have this law is because parking on the front lawn makes the neighborhood look tacky, it lowers the property values.
Instant Karma

Baldwin Park, CA

#62 Mar 21, 2016
xyz wrote:
No its better wasting water on the concrete...see how it grows? Fresh air you smell that concrete gowing? Who needs grass? Dont forget they ticket you on easter sundays if your parked on grass. Then why in the hell do you say park on grass when sweeper passes? Try acting like a normal city, park on one side and the next day switch. This is called We care about the people in BP. thanks to BP grand laws
Instant Karma

Baldwin Park, CA

#63 Mar 21, 2016
Sanford and Son...if its your property DO WHAT U WANT. Parking on the lawn is SMART if your washing your car SMART when the city has surrounded your area with RED curbs. Yeah be a big idiot, water the street and concrete. Any chance the city might do their job AND FIX THE LAW AND SOLVE A PROBLEM?
youprobabyfucked yourmom

Philadelphia, PA

#64 Apr 4, 2016
haha wrote:
You got a ticket for parking your car on your lawn for the same reason that code enforcement will be on you if you have too many yard sales in a year, try to sell elotes out your front yard, or have farm animals running around your back yard:
THAT UNSIGHTLY MESS BRINGS DOWN HOME VALUES.
In America, we have rules in place so that our neighborhoods like nice and clean. Deal with it.
Your just another white american biggot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 7 hr Champion 11,199
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Chosen Traveler 35,804
News Sheriff's deputies arrest two after high-speed ... (Sep '10) Mon Stand up for kids 24
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Mon Lontae Sims 39
News Beltran gets life sentence (Apr '09) Mon Kat 444
tragedy el monte high (Apr '06) Mon Brent F 106
News Liking Parnell Park (May '08) Sun Amyk819 42

Rowland Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages