Ticketed for parking in my front yard???
P White

New Orleans, LA

#23 Mar 22, 2011
We have three drivers in my residence, all with different schedules.There are two cars, a pickup truck , and a motorcycle. There is a no overnight parking ordinance enacted 17 years after I purchased the home with its single lane drive way- when my son was two. Our options are to constantly back vehicles out before others can move,or for someone to park on the lawn at night, which does look awful. I would never have purchased a home with a single lane driveway had I forseen the royal pain in the butt that it's been. I think the city should be made to subsidize an addition to my driveway with the money it's getting for the ridiculous no overnight parking fines.
VAbloodlustMP

Sun City, CA

#24 Jun 7, 2011
Physically Involved wrote:
getting cars and my son parked HALF is car on the lawn and he was fined for it so i have to put out over 2grand just to have a prtion of MY damn lawn turned in to a bloody driveway its rediculous nothing like have the friendly nazi neighberhood association on my ass
wow... wow . wow .. wow ...... wow
......... o ..........
you know it's cheaper if you do it yourself, it doesn't need to be made out of blacktop or concrete bricks are cheaper and nicer looking that's what I did.
Car Parker

Covina, CA

#25 Jun 7, 2011
VAbloodlustMP wrote:
<quoted text>
you know it's cheaper if you do it yourself, it doesn't need to be made out of blacktop or concrete bricks are cheaper and nicer looking that's what I did.
You are right, just go down the Home Depot and buy some pavor stones and widen your driveway. They come in a variety of colors and sizes. Just remove a little grass and lay them down.
love nice neighborhoods

Santa Ana, CA

#26 May 9, 2012
Stuck in the middle wrote:
They block where we can park, here in BP and make it so your trapped. If you dont park on your lawn your ticketed for being on the street. But then your ticketed for parking on your lawn. If its my damn property stop tresspassing to give me the ticket.
But there is little they are willing to do. I live near the wal mart and have to park over their and hope they dont mind and call the police for their "resitriction" of over night parking.
Thanks for the catch 22 bull shit BP
Old conversation but ongoing issue. A very long time ago it was agreed democratically (by laws passed by elected officials) that Cities have the right to restrict property owners by zoning ordinances. These are the kind of rules that restrict a metal plating shop from locating next to school. They also allow the creation of rules about parking, building and safety etc. For the longest time most if not all cities in California have restrictions in residential neighborhoods from using your front lawn to park your car. For that matter, your back lawn may be restricted as well. For the same reason when you build a new house you need to provide for some off street parking that does not occupy the whole lot.

Understandable some people get confused. I own the lot so I can do as I wish. Also, some countries have no such restrictions. Frankly, I love these kinds of restrictions. They keep our neighborhoods from looking like used car lots. The US is somewhere between Europe where the idea of parking like this was really never allow and the third world where city planning is still in many cases in its infancy. Where cars are routinely parked wherever people can find a spot are the same parts of the world where sanitation and sewers are still basic issues.

I'm sorry you got the ticket but it makes perfect sense and making comments blaming current elected officials for things that have long been established is completely off the mark
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#27 May 9, 2012
love nice neighborhoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Old conversation but ongoing issue. A very long time ago it was agreed democratically (by laws passed by elected officials) that Cities have the right to restrict property owners by zoning ordinances. These are the kind of rules that restrict a metal plating shop from locating next to school. They also allow the creation of rules about parking, building and safety etc. For the longest time most if not all cities in California have restrictions in residential neighborhoods from using your front lawn to park your car. For that matter, your back lawn may be restricted as well. For the same reason when you build a new house you need to provide for some off street parking that does not occupy the whole lot.
Understandable some people get confused. I own the lot so I can do as I wish. Also, some countries have no such restrictions. Frankly, I love these kinds of restrictions. They keep our neighborhoods from looking like used car lots. The US is somewhere between Europe where the idea of parking like this was really never allow and the third world where city planning is still in many cases in its infancy. Where cars are routinely parked wherever people can find a spot are the same parts of the world where sanitation and sewers are still basic issues.
I'm sorry you got the ticket but it makes perfect sense and making comments blaming current elected officials for things that have long been established is completely off the mark
Perhaps you can explain why Baldwin Park Shitty officials allows Royal Coaches to build and operate a pain spray booth with in 10 feet of their residential neighbor. I will save you the time. Royal Coaches own the council. They just do what they want. All they have to do is pay the council.

Then they can rip off the city and the residents.
Sunset

Azusa, CA

#28 May 9, 2012
Colts4life wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for ur stupid comment ... Wow u must be a cop huh... Damn I still remember writing that email to the bp police department after I got ticketed .. Ya I'm that same guy.. Remember fellas ...
Only trash park their car in the front yard. You should be fined you low life scum! You are driving down the property values for your neighbors.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#29 May 9, 2012
Sunset wrote:
<quoted text>
Only trash park their car in the front yard. You should be fined you low life scum! You are driving down the property values for your neighbors.
No the city council and the gang friendly police chief is driving the Baldwin Park property value down. Get it right

Go ahead shit for brains. tell us that a car parked in the front yard is worst than a gang shooting every week.
In $$$ we trust

Fontana, CA

#30 May 10, 2012
BP all about the money and no solutions.
Sanchez

United States

#31 May 15, 2012
They need to site all the dirty shopping centers in Baldwin Park!
Elena

Pensacola, FL

#32 Aug 28, 2012
I have a neighbor who allows his friends to park their trucks on his lawn next to my front yard which makes it very crowded and unsightly. There is room in the driveway, but I think he must not liked being blocked in. Who do I call to see what can be done about this? I've spoken to him about this but he refuses to stop.
GET EM

United States

#33 Aug 29, 2012
Call your city Code Enforcement.
Phil

Oceanside, NY

#35 May 20, 2013
Don't know much about your neighborhood. If I'm paying crazy property tax I would appreciate my nieghbor not making his house look like trash. Whats next a lazy boy and a fridge on the front porch. Seriously though if they didn't have that law there would be cars all over lawns. Making it resemble a bunch of crack houses. Can You pave over some of your lawn making a larger driveway? Sounds like your only option. Or get motorcycles, you can fit a bunch in one driveway.
John Mason

Winnetka, CA

#36 Jun 3, 2013
Colts4life wrote:
Honestly are you kidding me . Wow so now I have to pay a 60 dollar fine because I parked in my front yard. Who's pocket is this going to land in huh ... The mayors??? Hey lozano is this money going in your pocket or what can you please explain to me why such a stupid fine is even being given???
I understand your frustration I got a citation just like that but then once the traffic officer explain to me why they are enforcing this law I understood it kind of makes sense if every body parts in front of their yard this city will look like a third world country
DJD

Northridge, CA

#37 Jun 26, 2013
My daughter go the same ticket in Los Angeles ($70). There was no spot on our street to park and no spot in our driveway, so she had to park on our lawn.
What's messed up is that these illegal aliens and other turds living six to ten people to a 2-bedroom apartment in the many complexes around the corner are parking all their cars on our dead-end (cul-de-sac) street.
I talked to the policeman who gave the ticket and asked him why the City of Los Angeles doesn't enforce the law regarding too many persons living in a dwelling (the rule is two persons per bedroom plus one person, so a 2-bedroom dwelling can only have five people living there). He said the Los Angeles City Council doesn't want to enforce that law because it fears it would look racist... hmm, what is racist about enforcing law? Not our fault a certain culture likes to live like sardines. Why does the Los Angeles City Council not enforce all laws evenly?
So by not enforcing one set of laws to try to be "politically correct" (or racist, as I see it), then the law breakers who escape that enforcement cause problems with actual citizens/residents who would otherwise be able to park their cars on their own street, but can't because of the illegal acts of these others. So it's the citizen, the actual residents, who suffer, and the illegals get away with it.
And of course, the City Council will probably deny the request for any restricted residential parking zone for our street.
I am sick of it.
GO USA

La Puente, CA

#38 Jun 27, 2013
impact1001 wrote:
no the laws redicuolus i have two kids who are getting cars and my son parked HALF is car on the lawn and he was fined for it so i have to put out over 2grand just to have a prtion of MY damn lawn turned in to a bloody driveway its rediculous nothing like have the friendly nazi neighberhood association on my ass
You should be fined by the grammar police. Obviously, you never went to school!

Ridiculous!!!
spidy1

Covina, CA

#39 Aug 2, 2013
I parked my car on my lawn to be closer to unload my trunk..while in side putting bags away.my car was being ticketed on my yard..$63 fine...and my street is unincorporarted area in valinda/west covina /la puente area.strret sweeping is on wendsday..why be around on friday
Pauly

United States

#40 Aug 23, 2013
Okay, so we can't park on our lawn, because the possibility of leaking oil could saturate the soil causing a polluting runoff. If that is the reason, I concur. With this in mind, shouldn't we cite the Rose Bowl for having thousands of motor vehicles park on its adjacent lawn area during every football game and most major events? That must cause one heck of a lot of damaging pollution.
car parker

Monrovia, CA

#41 Aug 23, 2013
Breceda from Irwindale has a 9 acre unpaved truck parking yard. You know how much they leak oil. and it is right next to our water reservoir.

But he is above the law
Loserville

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Aug 24, 2013
Sanchez wrote:
They need to site all the dirty shopping centers in Baldwin Park!
What they really need is to knock on the doors of those with dry, dead lawns and rubbish all over the yard.
kills me to see these yards look like crap.

The parties in the front yards can stop too, seriously there are plenty of parks for that.

Ugh
CAZUAL

Morganville, NJ

#43 Sep 18, 2013
Colts4life wrote:
Honestly are you kidding me . Wow so now I have to pay a 60 dollar fine because I parked in my front yard. Who's pocket is this going to land in huh ... The mayors??? Hey lozano is this money going in your pocket or what can you please explain to me why such a stupid fine is even being given???
it looks trashy and ghetto,,,,it also brings down the property value of house in the neighborhood....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr Just saying 8,059
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 5 hr Antz in your Pants 582
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Stealing phartsx 32,908
News Whittier police arrest three registered sex off... (May '15) 9 hr I know Him 5
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) 19 hr ILLEGAL A-HOLE 3,255
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Fri Librarian gangste... 4,541
News Rowland Heights man working as tutor for Santa ... Apr 18 Georgia Levin 2

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages