Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#222879 Oct 29, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like a great time. Nothing like the aroma of the salt air and a burning fire pit and a cup of hot buttered rum.
Ah.....You bet,and slow roasted
Turkey with friends and "some"
family will make it a blast.Can't
wait....

Location hidden

#222880 Oct 29, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I'll see you there, I may stay at Ocean Mesa RV park!
I'm going a little farther north to
A place I have went every year for
the last 40 years....

Location hidden

#222881 Oct 29, 2013
St George Native wrote:
We are here in hawaii to stop the gays and lesbians in their trax. The native people are too dumb to do what needs to be done, they think that letting this abomination go on and letting giant, fat, greasy lesbians marry wired up snotty gays is a right. GOD says no! He says no to all such give-aways, including social security, medicare, unemployment insurance, disability and the ghastly Obamacare that will lead to death panels and the banquet of satan served up at the universities of hell that teach orgasms and evolution. We will stop everything and that is our legacy..When we get done we will go home to St. George to prepare to teach you, too, what to do and what is right.
Don't let the door hit ya,where the
Good Lord "split" ya!! I'm a straight
female Christian and God didn't
send you here to judge anyone.
That's not your place.Live and Let
Live...Diversity is what California
is all about,you won't be the first
nuts to try to change "US",and you
won't be the last......
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222882 Oct 29, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'll see you there, I may stay at Ocean Mesa RV park!
Well you won't see me there. I'll be sure to avoid Ocean Mesa RV park if you're going to be there lowering the property values with your pup tent.

And no doubt you have a yappy little gay poodle lap dog. And you probably smoke Virginia Slims with lipstick stains. And sip cheap gin drinks or worse. Wine coolers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222883 Oct 29, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
$25K? does that include medical? how can anyone survive on $25K? you should ask for more!
Great advice. You remember what happened when you asked for more, they fired you. And now you need to GET A JOB.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222884 Oct 29, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a great time. Nothing like the aroma of the salt air and a burning fire pit and a cup of hot buttered rum.
And your boyfriend's scrotum.
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222886 Oct 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you won't see me there. I'll be sure to avoid Ocean Mesa RV park if you're going to be there lowering the property values with your pup tent.
And no doubt you have a yappy little gay poodle lap dog. And you probably smoke Virginia Slims with lipstick stains. And sip cheap gin drinks or worse. Wine coolers.
calm down sailor boi. Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222887 Oct 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Be nice for once frankie or uncle Guido will ... well you know what he will do to you! calm down
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222888 Oct 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you've been there frankie boi, calm down clown
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222889 Oct 29, 2013
Frankie, I hope they fix the Omamy online enrollment for your sake. calm down clown
Number 9

Azusa, CA

#222890 Oct 29, 2013
Number 9 has been just about every where there is to travel on two steel rails.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222891 Oct 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Speculation is all you got, there are no facts to back you up. Which is funny coming from a person that says he goes by facts. LOL What the F are you doing around kids? What do you mean demonstration? What are you doing? YOU need to be reported.
It isn't isn't like a religion, I don't have "faith", I look at actual evidence, and there is none that is credible.

That does not mean there weren't, we don't know, but I don't have to make up a fairy story because we do not know.

I am around kids all the time, unlike someone that would teach a religion I am welcome, invited to our children's public schools.

Go ahead and report me, one of my fellow astronomers happens to be a policeman.
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222892 Oct 30, 2013
Do you have faith in yourself?
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222893 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't isn't like a religion, I don't have "faith", I look at actual evidence, and there is none that is credible.
That does not mean there weren't, we don't know, but I don't have to make up a fairy story because we do not know.
I am around kids all the time, unlike someone that would teach a religion I am welcome, invited to our children's public schools.
Go ahead and report me, one of my fellow astronomers happens to be a policeman.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#222894 Oct 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's where he puts the hot buttered rum.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#222895 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't isn't like a religion, I don't have "faith", I look at actual evidence...
Good. Here is some evolutionary science.

At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making SS marriage an oxymoron.

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222896 Oct 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making SS marriage an oxymoron.
Smirk.
on no, they are facts, provably so and irrefutable.

Like the fact that same sex couples are married, irrefutable, provably so, legally married and recognized by the federal government

Yes there are morons that close their eyes and pretend otherwise, but they are nothing but laughing stock
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222897 Oct 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need that, I know for a fact I actually exist :)

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#222898 Oct 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that evolution requires legal restraints on mating behaviors? And you believe that the sole purpose of marriage is to create that restriction, even though married people can and do mate in a variety of ways with a variety of people, or not at all?

Too funny. I'd love to see you actually try to back that one up.

I'm not sure you understand that evolution is.

And now back to the topic - gay folks are still legally married and marrying in California, and the federal government recognizes each of those marriages.

Learn to face reality.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#222899 Oct 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that evolution requires legal restraints on mating behaviors? And you believe that the sole purpose of marriage is to create that restriction, even though married people can and do mate in a variety of ways with a variety of people, or not at all?
Too funny. I'd love to see you actually try to back that one up.
I'm not sure you understand that evolution is.
And now back to the topic - gay folks are still legally married and marrying in California, and the federal government recognizes each of those marriages.
Learn to face reality.
I didn't state my beliefs. I stated a constraint that every society in human history has practiced. In fact, social scientists assert it has been present for ten million years.

Nor did I ever state it is the 'sole' purpose of marriage. It is the most basic essence however. Scientists also assert marriage would not exist we're it not for children.

All of this simply and clearly makes your 'back to the topic' a fallacy. Perhaps you want to switch from science to religion to make your point???

Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 min Trojan 29,907
Review: Gauvry Gabe (Jan '15) 34 min stgeorgesound 3
Did Jim Salazar assault a kid? 59 min Roba Coaches 1
Bankruptcy and Bounced Checks Let's talk Pacheco 6 hr Tuttle Drama 12
Tuttle the Goat Hurder II 6 hr Tuttle Is a joke 4
Monica Garcia Dumped by another Boyfriend 9 hr Butt ugly for sure 13
News Three sentenced for slaying of Baldwin Park tee... (Jul '09) 11 hr bluebloodredcrip 69
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages