Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#219460 Oct 1, 2013
Gimme gimme! Gimme gay marriage. Gimme HIV cure. Gimme Obama plan. Gimme free cell phone. Gimme Obama care. Gimme gimme!
Brucie Baccalaureate

Pulaski, TN

#219461 Oct 1, 2013
Me have foreign items in brain case.

Me say you're in closet.

Me brilliant.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#219462 Oct 1, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No as humans....lol
Alas there are not that many of those around here.:)

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#219463 Oct 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>Alas there are not that many of those around here.:)
Too bad then.......
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219464 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Ain't that one to the point? They want Big Government, and clash with Big Government.

And they're the first to tell you they're "smart"...
Kamikazes Tea Party

Azusa, CA

#219465 Oct 1, 2013
Here are 10 things to know about the new law:

1. Next year, you must have health insurance, one way or another, or pay a penalty. There are exceptions, but they won't apply to most people.

2. Very likely, you already have insurance, so don't panic. If you are covered by an employer-sponsored plan, Medicare or Medicaid, military or veterans programs, an individual plan or other group plans, you're golden. If it's very skimpy or unaffordable, you can buy on the state's exchange marketplace, where you might get financial help.

3. If you have an individual plan, you're considered covered, but your plan is likely going to change, and you'll have to pick a new one.

4. Insurers can no longer reject you or charge you more because you have a health condition.

5. Your kids can be on your policy until they're 26.

6. You can't sign up for insurance coverage all year long. You'll be able to sign up only during specified open-enrollment periods. This year, a special six-month period lasts from Oct.1 to the end of March 2014.

7. If you're a mom, you're the most-trusted adviser to over-26 kids. So you're the one who needs to explain that, yes, they can pay the penalty and skip insurance.

8. There is a new way to compare and sign up for individual insurance. In Washington, the insurance-exchange marketplace will appear Oct. 1 as the Washington Healthplanfinder, a one-stop shopping site that will take care of a lot of messy details for you.

9. The Healthplanfinder will do some whiz-bang stuff behind the curtain. You'll be able to find out, for example, if your income qualifies you for free or lower-cost insurance.

10. The exchange isn't the only way. You'll still be able to buy individual insurance through a broker, or through the insurer the same way you signed up before. But there are no subsidies for purchases outside the exchange.
Tag
#219466 Oct 1, 2013
Still arguing about this?
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#219467 Oct 1, 2013
Tag wrote:
Still arguing about this?
No,we have moved on to more idiotic issues, Like frankies being abused as a fat little boy by his mother, father and uncle.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#219468 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Gimme gimme! Gimme gay marriage. Gimme HIV cure. Gimme Obama plan. Gimme free cell phone. Gimme Obama care. Gimme gimme!
This from a man who enjoys great government benefits.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#219469 Oct 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those I earned by hard work and intelligence. I could I could have worked for the private sector for much more money.

I have given much more for this country than you ever have. I cannot walk. I hope you don't begrudge me a wheelchair and medical care for a wound sustained in combat? You probably do. But if I was gay you'd be gushing how brave and altruistic I was.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#219470 Oct 1, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
No,we have moved on to more idiotic issues, Like frankies being abused as a fat little boy by his mother, father and uncle.
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219471 Oct 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you deserve to be compensated for being too frickin' stupid to keep your butt cheeks together?

To hell with pouring more money into a preventable disease than for cancer or heart disease. I'm tired of subsidizing Caligula.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#219472 Oct 1, 2013
Veryverbose is always all gimme gimme.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#219473 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Only those I earned by hard work and intelligence. I could I could have worked for the private sector for much more money.

I have given much more for this country than you ever have. I cannot walk. I hope you don't begrudge me a wheelchair and medical care for a wound sustained in combat? You probably do. But if I was gay you'd be gushing how brave and altruistic I was.
Thanks for Serving Frankie!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219474 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Veryverbose is always all gimme gimme.
Well, it IS a diverse point of view, after all.

*snicker*
RunOut ta

Azusa, CA

#219475 Oct 1, 2013
October 01, 2013

I would say the Republicans and Tea Party brats have just ran out of BRAINS.

1st day of crazy republican, tea party shut down.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#219476 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those I earned by hard work and intelligence. I could I could have worked for the private sector for much more money.
Liar, you said you weren't in combat, thst combat was for jarheads,dumb Marines .. that is what you said. I know you fell out of your bunk off shore in your luxury stateroom. You are a liar .. lol saylor boi
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Warrington, PA

#219477 Oct 1, 2013
Kamikazes Tea Party wrote:
Here are 10 things to know about the new law:
1. Next year, you must have health insurance, one way or another, or pay a penalty. There are exceptions, but they won't apply to most people.
2. Very likely, you already have insurance, so don't panic. If you are covered by an employer-sponsored plan, Medicare or Medicaid, military or veterans programs, an individual plan or other group plans, you're golden. If it's very skimpy or unaffordable, you can buy on the state's exchange marketplace, where you might get financial help.
3. If you have an individual plan, you're considered covered, but your plan is likely going to change, and you'll have to pick a new one.
4. Insurers can no longer reject you or charge you more because you have a health condition.
5. Your kids can be on your policy until they're 26.
6. You can't sign up for insurance coverage all year long. You'll be able to sign up only during specified open-enrollment periods. This year, a special six-month period lasts from Oct.1 to the end of March 2014.
7. If you're a mom, you're the most-trusted adviser to over-26 kids. So you're the one who needs to explain that, yes, they can pay the penalty and skip insurance.
8. There is a new way to compare and sign up for individual insurance. In Washington, the insurance-exchange marketplace will appear Oct. 1 as the Washington Healthplanfinder, a one-stop shopping site that will take care of a lot of messy details for you.
9. The Healthplanfinder will do some whiz-bang stuff behind the curtain. You'll be able to find out, for example, if your income qualifies you for free or lower-cost insurance.
10. The exchange isn't the only way. You'll still be able to buy individual insurance through a broker, or through the insurer the same way you signed up before. But there are no subsidies for purchases outside the exchange.
Are you illiterate or just incapable of staying on topic like most conservatards?
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#219478 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
It's true ... an issue? Ehh
Flounders

Azusa, CA

#219479 Oct 1, 2013
Have those flounders washed ashore again?

Throw them Republicans and Tea Party bums back in the deep end this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 2 hr Dolly 111
Louie Lujan Government 3 hr Opera Hero 4
mayor manuel lozano sued peraonally for $10,000 3 hr Roger Hernandez 12
Imperial/Telegraph car wash sold. McDonald's mo... (Sep '13) 4 hr gul 19
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 27,906
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 6 hr CBS 961
Soccer League Closing for Investigation on Tax ... 12 hr favored 9

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match

Rowland Heights Jobs

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]