Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201821 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#202389 Jul 14, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell I'm skeered, rage stain?
C'mon back and I'll slap you around like your most recent "Uncle" never could. And bring your Momma too.
*snicker*
Ooooh..Laughing boy, gonna threaten me too? I don't think you want to do that pappy. See the thing about morons like you, you always make the bigoted assumption a gay person is effeminate. Go back to TV watching before you get hurt.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202390 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality determines whether the 'eye of the beholder' is wise or an idiot.
Just a note; Children side with reality...
I don't know what's wrong with you and Pietro... You're both having difficulty making your points.

Are you both drinking?

You constantly talk about "reality". You define marriage as between one man and one woman as being the only "real" marriage.

So, according to your response above, that would make you a "child".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202391 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I did a damn good job answering your question the first time, given your piss-poor sentence structure.
I had to try to figure out exactly what you are asking. If I didn't answer you question to your satisfaction, maybe you can repeat the question I a more coherent manner.
Is there supposed to be a comma before the word "only"? And the phrase "to the constitution"; what does that mean?
Any amendment to the Constitution would make the Constitution constitutional.
Thank you Professor Red, forgot the word "added", but I have no doubt, with your advanced intellect, you were able to determine there was a missing word. The last line answered the question.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202392 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what's wrong with you and Pietro... You're both having difficulty making your points.
Are you both drinking?
You constantly talk about "reality". You define marriage as between one man and one woman as being the only "real" marriage.
That depends how one defines "real". SSM is a virtual modern western invention, with no deep rooted, sustained cross cultural, cross time, structure. Certainly not in Western Civilization. Hence the use of the word "real".
Lampers

Monrovia, CA

#202393 Jul 14, 2013
July 2013

The 48 district chairperson Judy Nelson and City council person or Glendora, California could care less about:

"food stamp cuts, moms fret about feeding kids"

She along with her Tea Party/Republican thug friends (old and dried up) tried to take food away from a Federal funded meals program in Glendora, California.

Judy Nelson

Deborah Neal

Deborah Wilson

Gene Murabito

Douglas Tessitor

This is another example of the Republican trash running Glendora, California.
Lampers

Monrovia, CA

#202394 Jul 14, 2013
More lies Judy Nelson has and will repeat because she obstructs the truth.
busted

Pacoima, CA

#202397 Jul 14, 2013
Boooo
Forkers

Monrovia, CA

#202401 Jul 14, 2013
Ah shut up Frankie, your getting as old as those stupid people in Florida.
Forkers

Monrovia, CA

#202402 Jul 14, 2013
Ah shut up Frankie and rocks in the head hudson, you two are getting as old as those stupid people in Florida.
Forkers

Monrovia, CA

#202405 Jul 14, 2013
You two old hags have been pizz on ne another for far to long.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#202410 Jul 14, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
I am protected by God and His Holy Word.
Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Then you should have no problem drinking a quart of Draino. God your protector says you can, since you believe, why not prove it to us that you truly are protected by God and that you believe. You can do something like drink a quart of Draino and when it does not hurt you then we'll all know you are not a liar and God is real and the Bible tells the truth.

Go for it. Why not call 60 minutes so they can film you drinking that quart of Draino? The world needs to see how reliable and truthful the Bible is.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#202413 Jul 14, 2013
"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;

More proof that the Bible can not be trusted because it is just plain stupid.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#202414 Jul 14, 2013
Occasionally believers actually do do what the Bible teaches:

"If any man come to me, and not hate his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethern, and sister, yet, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple"--Luke 14:26.

It's rare but like with this example, it does happen. Imagine teaching that to children in Sunday school.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#202415 Jul 14, 2013
Biblicists are not to oppose evil:

"But I say unto you, that ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also"--Matt. 5:39.

If there were any Christians in America there would not be any need for law enforcement.
Bruno

San Pedro, CA

#202416 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I did a damn good job answering your question the first time, given your piss-poor sentence structure.
I had to try to figure out exactly what you are asking. If I didn't answer you question to your satisfaction, maybe you can repeat the question I a more coherent manner.
Is there supposed to be a comma before the word "only"? And the phrase "to the constitution"; what does that mean?
Any amendment to the Constitution would make the Constitution constitutional.
lol .. don't correct other until you are perfect yourself you fudgepacker.
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#202421 Jul 14, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaww...I'm a....consumerist. This derogatory use of the term is meant to shame me for being able to support myself and my family in a suitable fashion?
No, just explains the self centered and aggressive thought process for a POS.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202435 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you both drinking?
You are the one who claimed that 'equality is in the eye of the beholder'. A position that would make it impossible for any court to render judgment.

You once again are backed into a corner with your idiotic claims, so you resort to gay twirl ad homoan attacks.

Knoxville, TN

#202436 Jul 14, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends how one defines "real". SSM is a virtual modern western invention, with no deep rooted, sustained cross cultural, cross time, structure. Certainly not in Western Civilization. Hence the use of the word "real".
Again, you place so much importance on "history" and "cultural traditions".

How many times have I pointed out the fact that the institution of slavery has been almost universally present for eons on the planet. And today it is almost universally extinct.

The entire world, over the course of a few hundred years, has managed to almost completely eradicate slavery--something that's been around for thousands of years.

The same ENLIGHTENED ideology that did away with slavery--the notion that all people are created equal--is the very basis of treating LGBT citizens in this country as equal to all other citizens.

So, while treating gay people with some degree of respect seems like a foreign concept to some of you Neanderthals, the notions of "freedom" and "equality" have been around for about 300 years.

Asking for, demanding, and getting equal treatment in this country is not a novel, new concept.

Don't get confused again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202438 Jul 14, 2013
loaded man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
*click*
*BAM!*

Knoxville, TN

#202439 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are the one who claimed that 'equality is in the eye of the beholder'. A position that would make it impossible for any court to render judgment.
You once again are backed into a corner with your idiotic claims, so you resort to gay twirl ad homoan attacks.
Yes, equality certainly is in the eye of the beholder. And for centuries, mankind has been focusing on that issue.

Each time the question is raised, "Are we as a society treating everyone justly?", individuals and groups have differing responses.

Since the beginning of this country, issues of religious freedom/equality, gender equality, racial equality, handicap equality, and others have been raised and addressed. They're still being addressed.

Over the past several decades, the question of LGBT equality has been raised. And based on how previous questions concerning equality and freedom for various groups has been answered, those related to LGBT issues are being answered as well.

Our court system, legislative process, etc. "beholds" issues of LGBT equality through the same lenses that they have looked at gender, racial, religious, and disability issues.

That's how equality is in the eye of the beholder...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
‘Shot Caller’ in California White Supremacist G... 12 min Splcenter 1
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 2 hr Misty 1,801
Rumor is Tuttle secretly loves Pacheco 4 hr Manic Monday 11
Everyone is laughing at Tuttle Turd 4 hr Mr Hole 10
Tuttle loud & proud & seen at West Hollywood Me... 5 hr Mr Hole 22
News El Monte cop in sex lawsuit had 1997 arrest (Oct '09) 5 hr lol 123
Tuttle Going Down 5 hr Swallow me hole 2
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE