Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
175,301 - 175,320 of 200,346 Comments Last updated 52 min ago
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Lookit all my missing posts! Jizzy! Play fair now.

Censorship of free speech sucks.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you can paint it very vermilion, but it's still a turd.
Lame. FAIL!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try to avoid Celestial Mechanics. Mass creates gravity. Even D could tell you that, when he's not pummeling at a tabletop, or the beliefs of children...
Dear, mass doesn't cause gravity; it responds to it. The actions of mass in relation to another object simply tells us that gravity is present. But it doesn't cause it.

In the future, it might be better to check out these things before coming here and making a complete fool of yourself.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.
Lame. Just shutup. You're embarrassing yourself.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a member of the human race?
Are you a member of the retarded community? YES.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your one-word posts fail. You fail. You are an error.
Fail. Game over.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
then, do a drive by into Compton, and throw him/her out on Crenshaw?
Crenshaw Blvd is not in Compton. Fail.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If they think those are offensive, I think that there's Sum Ting Wong with them....LOL
If you're a Browns or a Vols fan then no doubt you've heard the rumor of the replacement coach, Win Wan Suun.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but maybe can let them all get married. Wait, they already can. It was never an issue. and, no, we haven't lost yet, you kind of did, though, you were waiting for SCROTUS to mandate it at a national level, and they didn't. It barely made it past SCROTUS at all, 5-4, wasn't it? Oh, yeah, you were claiming that Sotomayor meant this and meant that, and all she meant was that if we have no right to determine laws concerning SSM, then we have no right to make ANY laws re: marriage, at all. and, the count still stands at 13=for, 37=against. Laughing all the way, because some of the politicians now wish to have SSM vetoed.
We won a major victory in the courts. The decision that was handed down included references to same-sex couples being treated as second class citizens. It also described the inequality of children who live in a family headed by same-sex couples.

These are the key phrases that will cause state's DOMA policies to fail when same-sex couples sue such states for refusing to acknowledge their marriage.

Here's how it will happen... A same-sex couple will apply for a marriage license and be denied. They will appeal and be denied. They will sue the state. The state court will find in favor of the state. The couple will then appeal to a federal district court. When it hits the federal court system, there's where John Robert's words will help topple state DOMA policies.

It'll take time. But, that's fine. We've got plenty of time to see that it happens.

This doesn't include all of the other states that are poised to push for marriage equality.

It doesn't matter how it happens, you only need to know that it will happen.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how it happens, you only need to know that it will happen.
And you need to know that SCROTUS can't erase the knowledge that you're still a shit cultist.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need to know that SCROTUS can't erase the knowledge that you're still a shit cultist.
And no matter how many lame posts you make on Topix, you are still a troll.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Do you really think anyone believes that nonsense.
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know what causes gravity either, but we accept it as normal.
Your move, my perineum...
Like a cleft lip, homosexuality has existed in all of human history. Only in the last few decades have scientists known what causes a cleft lip. That determination will likely happen regarding homosexuality shortly.

In the mean time, throughout human history, both a cleft lip and homosexuality have been regarded as abnormal by all cultures.

The gravity of your stupidity is exposed.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know what causes gravity either, but we accept it as normal.
Your move, my perineum...
In your example, scientists admit they don't know.

In my example, scientists deny they don't know, a clear violation of scientific proof.

Not only does their assessment of homosexuality become meaningless, it exposes their ignorant prejudice.
What

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Like a cleft lip, homosexuality has existed in all of human history. Only in the last few decades have scientists known what causes a cleft lip. That determination will likely happen regarding homosexuality shortly.
In the mean time, throughout human history, both a cleft lip and homosexuality have been regarded as abnormal by all cultures.
The gravity of your stupidity is exposed.
Abnormal does not mean void of rights and freedom....To say being gay is abnormal and to say cleft lip is abnormal is fine but BOTH SHOULD HAVE EQUALITY AND FREEDOM AND CIVIL RIGHTS.....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And most of us don't write with our left hand either. Should we line all the lefties up and have them fixed?
If you and Kimare represent the best that your side has to offer, then you're doomed.
Oh wait a minute... You guys already lost!
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/03/943...

I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage
by Doug Mainwaring

“I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.” These words, spoken by Ronald Reagan in 1991, are framed on the wall above my desk. As a gay man, I’ve adopted them as my own, as I’ve entered the national discussion on same-sex marriage.

I wholeheartedly support civil unions for gay and lesbian couples, but I am opposed to same-sex marriage. Because activists have made marriage, rather than civil unions, their goal, I am viewed by many as a self-loathing, traitorous gay. So be it. I prefer to think of myself as a reasoning, intellectually honest human being.

The notion of same-sex marriage is implausible, yet political correctness has made stating the obvious a risky business. Genderless marriage is not marriage at all. It is something else entirely.

Opposition to same-sex marriage is characterized in the media, at best, as clinging to “old-fashioned” religious beliefs and traditions, and at worst, as homophobia and hatred.

I’ve always been careful to avoid using religion or appeals to tradition as I’ve approached this topic. And with good reason: Neither religion nor tradition has played a significant role in forming my stance. But reason and experience certainly have.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/03/943...
I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage
by Doug Mainwaring
Lots of straight folks don't like the idea of marriage, but we don't deny others the right to marry because if their opinions.

The nice thing is that even the naysayers can change their minds and marry at some point if their circumstances and beliefs change, or they can choose never to marry. Their choice, not mine, yours, or society's.

California is a done deal, and every marriage there is recognized by the federal government. That's not going to change.

It's about time you learned to accept it.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text> BOTH SHOULD HAVE EQUALITY AND FREEDOM AND CIVIL RIGHTS.....
Sloganeering fleabagger.

Does AIDS recognize those human ideals?
Twitich

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

You still have time to try and turn back time, jacko's.
What

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sloganeering fleabagger.
Does AIDS recognize those human ideals?
Aids has nothing to do with anything...Anyone can get it if no safe sex is used...as long as you have sex with someone who doesn't have aids cant get aids.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about time you learned to accept it.
If you weren't a tween pipsqueak who is here because GLAAD and GLSEN pays you in Twizzlers and Clearasil, then we could probably rightfully accuse you of being one of the lumpen masses of sewage who to this day is in a rage over the SCROTUS stealing the election from Al Gore.

Keep gloating over 5 to 4 and overpopulation pressures, fecal cultist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 58 min cathyjudy 2,252
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 26,681
Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) 4 hr Andrew 77
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 hr LMSA Too 4,809
Former La Puente Mayor Louie Lujan is a Man on ... (Sep '11) 7 hr SGV Tribune 12
Waste Management Raising Rates thanks Teri Muse 9 hr Really 8
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr Twilight sun 7,851
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
Rowland Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••