Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199540 Jul 2, 2013
Speak the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare Gregory Dale Kirschmann has been disgraced. He should be thoroughly ashamed. Pontificating about marriage after the life he has lived? I think not.
You are not in any way 'married' like diverse gendered couples.
Ss couples violate the design of physical union.
Ss couples are still only ever a duplicate half of marriage.
Ss couples are mutually fruitless, a defect of mating behavior.
Ss couples infringe on the most distinct, unique and critical relationship of society. Imposing an imposter relationship by every measure of history and universal culture.
Your claim is laughable.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199541 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tell them that they're better off outside the FLDS.
You assume they're all FDLS. Polygamy is also practiced by Muslim immigrants, not to mention some Asian groups.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199542 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, that's like saying things were when everybody could marry someone of the same race. The problem is the same race is not the same for everybody. Just like the same (or opposite) sex isn't the same for everybody.
No it's not u chooch. Race and gender are different characteristics. Marriage is a union of BOTH genders regardless of racial/ethnic combination. A mixed race/ethnic conjugally married couple are still husband and wife.

The ban on interracial marriage was intended to keep the "white race" and non white races from marrying and having mixed race babies. The various non white races could marry among each other. SSM is gender segregation sanctioned by law. Nice comparison, comparing laws against race mixing within marriage, to advocating laws for gender segregation within marriage.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#199543 Jul 2, 2013
To the far righters....the point is with each passing day week month and year same sex marriage gains more and more support and is closer to being legal in all states...It will happen and you can stomp your feet but progress always goes forward. AND HATE AND BIGOTRY ALWAYS LOSE.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199544 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it was?
Polygamy just isn't' the subject of this forum, dummy.
Would you like me to find a polygamy forum for you?
Washington • If gay marriage is legal, what about polygamy?

It’s a long-debated political question, one that surfaced in Tuesday’s Supreme Court hearing on California’s gay marriage ban, known as Proposition 8.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor brought it up while questioning former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, a Republican who argued that gay marriage is an individual right and should be protected by the Constitution.

"If you say that marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist?" Sotomayor asked before referencing polygamy and incest among adults.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199545 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
To the far righters....the point is with each passing day week month and year same sex marriage gains more and more support and is closer to being legal in all states...It will happen and you can stomp your feet but progress always goes forward. AND HATE AND BIGOTRY ALWAYS LOSE.
The point is with each victory for SSM, the odds that polygamy will be legalized in some form, increases.

HATE AND BIGOTRY WILL ALWAYS LOSE.

It also raises the question, which is being raised in greater frequently, "where is the line drawn?".

Are there not "ToManyLawsNow"?

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#199546 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is with each victory for SSM, the odds that polygamy will be legalized in some form, increases.
HATE AND BIGOTRY WILL ALWAYS LOSE.
It also raises the question, which is being raised in greater frequently, "where is the line drawn?".
Are there not "ToManyLawsNow"?
Fine by me polygamy doesn't hurt me.

I think the "line" should be as follows.....anyone 18 years or older with full consent......There that is it no other law need apply.
The Troll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#199548 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't one of you dumb asp trolls explain this to me:
If I were a man, why would I consider being told I'm well hung an insult?
Because you want to be a bitc.h and your big d!ck is in the way. Anything else you need cleared up?

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#199549 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume they're all FDLS. Polygamy is also practiced by Muslim immigrants, not to mention some Asian groups.
No I don't. I know that Muslims practice polygamy, which makes for more welfare recipients in my country.(They can claim to be single mothers).

Some of the old hippie arrangements are also a form of it.

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#199550 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a man of experience.
None of the above.
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#199551 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
>fart<
Try sticking your thumb up it and blow your ears out, you don't listen to anything anyway.
The Troll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#199552 Jul 2, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Try sticking your thumb up it and blow your ears out, you don't listen to anything anyway.
What's up UVE?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#199553 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, that's like saying things were when everybody could marry someone of the same race. The problem is the same race is not the same for everybody. Just like the same (or opposite) sex isn't the same for everybody.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. You are right. Two persons of the same sex "marrying" one another is not much different from Africans "marrying" White people. Your insight is keen.

Ronald
Dr Chankhote Singh Smythe

Sonoma, CA

#199554 Jul 2, 2013
All right, the cream does not work. The blue pilss almost worked. Now we must try taking three of the cadaver orange tabs and staring at TV with the sound off for eighteen hours and then going to the roof and contemplate airspeed.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#199555 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing, but not surprising, that you are so stupid you don't know monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts.
I find it amusing, but not surprising, that you are so stupid you know monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts. Now getting back to we all evolved from primates, and If humans were originally primates, would the first men on Earth be classified as black or white? Then why are you agreeing black people were less evolved than whites and how they had primate-like characteristics. But then you atheists say the first people to walk on Earth were black, and had dark skin. Figure that out. How is it that the first humans on Earth happened to be darker-skinned when monkeys have white skin? Wouldn't the skin of the first humans have been white and had darkened gradually?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#199556 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No distinction at all? That seems to contradict the pronouncement. Plus was their a space on the form for "bride and groom", or just two names?
You seem very hung up on this. The fact that you can't comprehend that the spaces were SPOUSE and SPOUSE astounds me. Every straight couple filling out the form that day had no problem understanding it. Not sure why it's so difficult for you Pietro.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That'd be swell Joh-née, perhaps you explain how that how consummation thing works too, that is for two husbands. Do u have to switch off for it to count?
Dear, how I consummated my marriage isn't any of your concern. I'm not here to help you with you masturbatory needs. Your interest is creepy.
laughing man

UK

#199557 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
Again, you vegetables need to be reminded that the SCROTUS vote was only 5 to 4. It wasn't a mandate. It wasn't a landslide. ITWASTHISCLOSE to being voted the other way. And again you need to be reminded that your "acceptance" is by vote trolling crooked politicians and the Lowest Common Denominator.

Allow me to tell you "intellectuals" what the Lowest Common Denominator is. It's a euphemism, an epithet, actually, a slur, for "The Common Man".

The Common Man is the type of mental cripple who will go and stand out in the rain for hours, hoping the camera will catch a millisecond glimpse during the Hollyweird sponsored segments of Good Mourning, Amurrica.

The Common Man will scream, on cue, like creepy groupie schoolgirls for Sam Champion and its "wife", or for the mention of names like George Michael or Boy George or Michael Jackson. The Common Man believes in flying saucers and buys the tabloid trash that greets them at K-Marts checkout.

Kris Jenner who?

As has been said already, if THAT's the support I'd have, I'd run like hell back to the closet or to jump off a building.

Only an imbecile brags about support from the Common Man.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199558 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine by me polygamy doesn't hurt me.
I think the "line" should be as follows.....anyone 18 years or older with full consent......There that is it no other law need apply.
Uhhhhhh....ohhkay....sounds simply fair....but why bother with legal recognition at all then?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#199559 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What definition of marriage is this right based on?
The same definition it has had since women were no longer considered property of the husband. Most recently it's defined as a "union", a "ceremony" and an "institution".
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is a contradiction in terms.
Same sex marriage is a term only used by people that wish to distinguish the marriages of straight people and gay people. There is no actual "same sex marriage" anymore than there is an institution known as "inter-racial marriage". There is only one institution. Marriage. Gay people entering into that "union", or that "institution" or having that "ceremony" don't contradict the terms in any way.

Your statement, like most of your statements, is nothing more than a fundie unsupported propaganda point. Feel free to try again dear.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199560 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I know that Muslims practice polygamy, which makes for more welfare recipients in my country.(They can claim to be single mothers).
Some of the old hippie arrangements are also a form of it.
The UK has experienced issues with welfare and Muslim polygamous wives. Here in America, in some areas extra wives are called "baby's momma".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr LMSA 3 5,090
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr R TRUTH 27,913
Roger Hernandez Arrested 4 hr Cat Kim 2
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 4 hr Sleepy 1,745
Marine jailed in Mexico on weapons charges awai... 8 hr nifongnation 2
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 12 hr kaka gang 962
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 17 hr Dolly 111

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match

Rowland Heights Jobs

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info