Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198065 Jun 26, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>aaaaaaaawh what a shame... lgbt rights wins both cases in supreme court
That's good right? Right.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198066 Jun 26, 2013
It's a day for SSM advocates here to celebrate marriage equality!

So what do they do? Try and justify denying marriage equality for people they don't like.

Try to insist prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too.

What a bunch of losers.
carrie

Los Angeles, CA

#198074 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
So what do they do? Try and justify denying marriage equality for people they don't like.
What a bunch of losers.
quiet down, loser boy. be content fellating your partner in some dusty corner of your apt and leave the commentary on this thread to the smart people.
just wondering

Luton, UK

#198075 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text> If that takes place, the flood gates will open and the US will die a slow and painful death.
You mean, like when the Common Man and vote-trolling politicians took the perverts to their bosom?
just wondering

Luton, UK

#198076 Jun 26, 2013
hey fundies..... u lost...lol
Which Fundies are you talking about, sweetheart? The ones who read from the GLAAD script?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198077 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>One more time for the slow people.
The First Amendment allows you to worship the god/gods of your choosing. It also allows me to worship none if I choose. You may follow all, part or your religious principles with out any harrassment from the government. We as a nation are SECULAR. That being said, our laws both state and federal trump that of religious doctrine. We do not pass laws that favor religion, any religion. If the people who want polygamy are basing it on religious principles, the laws will remain in place.
On a personal note, I don't care one way or a nother if people wish to have multiple wives or husbands. But the laws can not be changed for religious doctrine. If that takes place, the flood gates will open and the US will die a slow and painful death.
One more time for slow Jizzy-

There's a substantial First Amendment claim for religious polygamists to engage in multiple marriages according to the dictates of their faith.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#198078 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does someone challenging your position on dumbing down marriage to impose an impostor relationship bother you so much?
Why does someone feel the need to call our relationships "dumbed down"?

SCOTUS has just ruled on DOMA. Go change your Depends.
laughing man

Luton, UK

#198079 Jun 26, 2013
maybe you fundies should focus on stuff like poverty and the homeless... maybe you could win then
I'm gonna focus on Tolerance and Diversity and all kinds of hypocritical liberal feces.

5 to 4 isn't anything to brag about, Sphincter Bob.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198080 Jun 26, 2013
carrie wrote:
<quoted text>
quiet down, loser boy. be content fellating your partner in some dusty corner of your apt and leave the commentary on this thread to the smart people.
Smart people like you?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198081 Jun 26, 2013
maybe you fundies should focus on stuff like poverty and the homeless... maybe you could win then
Maybe you could stop with your religious agenda. Maybe you could take it to the fundie threads.
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198082 Jun 26, 2013
HERE IT IS! June 26, 2013 12:09pm
Governor Brown is ordering all county clerks to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Here's a quote from the Governor:“After years of struggle, the U.S. Supreme Court today has made same-sex marriage a reality in California. In light of the decision, I have directed the California Department of Public Health to advise the state’s counties that they must begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in California as soon as the Ninth Circuit confirms the stay is lifted.”
http://www.ksbw.com/news/politics/live-covera...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198084 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>His other NIC, is He Is Comming Soon. The links he provides bash Catholics. He is a hard core fundie Evangelist.
And therefore worthy of your hate?
hollow victory

Luton, UK

#198086 Jun 26, 2013
Justice Scalia:

"But that the majority will not do. Some will rejoice in today's decision, and some will despair at it; that is the nature of a controversy that matters so much to so many. But the Court has cheated both sides, robbing the winners of an honest victory, and the losers of the peace that comes from a fair defeat. We owed both of them better. I dissent."

As was said earlier, the "victories" the homosexuals have had are hollow. If I "won" because of support by the Lowest Common Denominator and a pinko Media, of a Supreme Court that has always followed the wind, and because of Thought Crimes legislation by crooked politicians, then I'd feel duped and want to go back into that closet.
laughing man

Luton, UK

#198088 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>know you know the talibangelical ones
I don't know of them, but I know of the HomoFascists.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198089 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>who cares... if some dude is crazy enough to put up with several of us hormonal biatches at once good for him
So stop whining then about it then.

A woman should be allowed to have several sports loving, beer drinking husbands too. But imagine her beer and cable TV sports package bills!

P.S. When one hormonal biatch is acting up and is temporarily useless, why shouldn't I have a few spares?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198090 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
What a bunch of losers.
Learn to count.
Polygamists don't seek equality.
laughing man

Luton, UK

#198091 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>ha ha ha you lost
Did you read about the hollow victory yet, little girl?

I'm the one laughing, and always knew this was coming.

Does the spoils of todays "victory" have the usual taste of stool corn, sweetheart?

*snicker*

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#198092 Jun 26, 2013
hollow victory wrote:
Justice Scalia:
"But that the majority will not do. Some will rejoice in today's decision, and some will despair at it; that is the nature of a controversy that matters so much to so many. But the Court has cheated both sides, robbing the winners of an honest victory, and the losers of the peace that comes from a fair defeat. We owed both of them better. I dissent."
Hollow words, spoken by a hollow man.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198094 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the one and only law on Polygamy in California. Spin that
Yes. In California there is only the law which you posted now left after prop 8 was struck down today. Yesterday there were two. We know that dummy.

Your insistence that prop 8 didn't also discriminate against polygamy is moronic, wrong, and ridiculous. Why do you cling to it?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#198097 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>sure is... cause the talibangelicals went down in disgrace
That's not why it's good. It's good because people being denied equality have been made whole.

Take your religious hate to the hater threads, Miss Agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 8 hr LM Resident 6,603
News Water Replenishment District inks $110 million ... 9 hr Sopr 7
News Swastika on black Biola studenta s door brings ... 11 hr Featherstone Harb... 4
Pauline Kael: Stupid Broad, Loathed Minorities 11 hr immagonna 1
Pacheco Why so Nervous Tuttle won't Hurt You 13 hr Monicas Dog 3
Rumor or Truth - The Tuttle wants to be City Ma... 14 hr Dysfunctional 6
Monica Garcia Now Living at BP Blvd and Foster ... 15 hr Awh Honey 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages